TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through March 12, 2012 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It was wonderful, Smokey! Garnered 13 Emmy noms.

Daydreamer, Tyrion is my very favorite character of the whole series. Even though everyone treats him like garbage (including and maybe even especially his own family), he still has the most heart, compassion and humor of any other character. Peter Dinklage is awesome in the role. Such a sexy little man!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Smokey - HBO does that. But hopefully they will bring them all back just before the next season starts. That's what happened with True Blood (so hubby could catch up on what he missed last year when he was in Iraq).

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kona. I kind of remember this with True Blood, too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just finished the book and I have a couple of questions. I'm trying to be careful so I don't get spoiled for the rest of the series.

So does the show so far cover the events up until the end of the first novel? Without giving much away, is it fairly consistent with the book? Thanks!

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
The first season follows the first novel very closely. I think next season they are going to start to deviate from the second novel a little bit more.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 19, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Elizabeth. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DS and I were watching "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief" last night. The guy playing Zeus looked sooooo familiar, but I just couldn't place him. At the end as I was watching the credits, the name Sean Bean came up. Of course! Ned Stark!!! He looked so different without the beard. He's actually quite handsome.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
If you missed the last 6 episodes of the first season, they're re-airing two per night tonight, Thursday and Friday on HBO2. My DVR broke last fall and I lost all of my episodes that I hadn't watched, so this comes in handy for me.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, January 02, 2012 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when this show starts again?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 02, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Sportsfan, imdb.com's episode guide shows that the season two premiere will air on April 15, 2012.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay!!! I'll put it on my calendar so I don't forget. Thanks, SFJF!!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
finally watched the entire series. not sure whether i like it or not. seemed a hodgepodge of fantasy with some authentic type costumes/ hairstyles consistent with pre Arthur/ pre Viking era/

the final scene with the dragons has me wondering what the next season will be like. Cant believe two of the Major main characters were killed off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Have been seeing commercials on TV for the return of this show. Looks like it will be back April 1st. Yay! Hope it's not an April Fools joke!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i watched all last season online, one after another! it took a long time but the continuity really worked well.

My concern is that the two bigger characters have been killed off!! We'll have to see who steps up (or should i say WHOM the writers decide to take over the strong leads)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne4u, this series is pretty faithful to the books. The writer is not afraid to kill off the main characters, which makes for some shocking turns of events when reading! Don't take anybody for granted on this show. They're all expendable.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
That's the truth Babyjaxmom! Still, I love this story so much that I have read all five books twice in less than a year. I'm so excited for the new season but even more excited for the next book!(have no idea when it will come out, but I have read one chapter of it that the author released)

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
books!!! omg i'd rather read the books then watch the show. geez, i'm always late for the party eh?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The books are awesome and a great, fun read. The 5th one was a little bit of a plodder at times, though. The problem is that there are so many characters that the author switches his POV among them and when you finish one chapter about one person, you go to another character. A lot of time he would leave you hanging. I developed a bad habit of going to the TOC to see if there would be another chapter about a character whose fate seemed ambiguous at the end of a chapter. If there was another chapter about them, I knew they weren't dead! I would often gasp out loud at something shocking and my husband would say, "What's wrong?" And a couple of times I almost went into a depression that a favorite character had been killed off. I remember waking up the next morning and still being sad that (blank) was dead!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I developed a bad habit of going to the TOC to see if there would be another chapter about a character whose fate seemed ambiguous at the end of a chapter.

Great minds think alike. I've done the same thing.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I know what you mean about almost going into a depression. My husband, son, and one daughter have also read these books. My son and I are the worse about letting the story get to us. I even guessed where he was in the story once based on the way he was walking around the house.
I will go on record saying that this is probably the best story I have ever read! sad as it can be

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Very engrossing books. A couple of times I lay awake in bed thinking about the GOT book I was currently involved in, and finally would just give up and go read for a while. Wonder when book six will be out?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He is notoriously slow writing so it may be a while.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I know. Think the last one took him about 5 years, so I'm not holding my breath.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, if you knew how many hours my family sat around discussing these books, you would prob think we are crazy! We have discussed all kinds of what if's about the future books!