TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 23, 2012 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I wish we knew what the writer was doing to the book. But more than that, it really bothered me that Emma gave the book back to Henry and he had just said his mom was on her way to pick him up. So, Henry hid this book from his mom for years and Emma didn't even give it back to him in the big red box? Or in that fancy pouch she carried it in? LOL - don't know why that bothered me so much. It's just not an easily disguised book.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the same thought Sara. It's like the writers/director think we're too lazy to notice things like that. He needs that lockbox and to be able to hide the book again.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I got the impression this was the "author". When Henry lost the book he reappears in town and makes an identical copy of the book and has it reappear so that Henry gets the book back.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am now beginning to worry the writers dont really have end game....this is by the Lost creators....this show better not end like Lost

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Remember at the beginning of the series when Henry said something about not knowing how the story ends because the final chapter was missing from his book?

I still think the writer is one of the Grimm brothers who wrote all those faery tales. (He is a writer after all!) As for what he was doing with the book...I think he was replacing the missing chapter and he aged the pages so they'd look like the old pages in the rest of the book.

Hopefully, Henry will flip to the back of the book soon and learn how the story ends before the Wicked Mayor gets her evil witchy hands on it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I got the impression this was the "author". When Henry lost the book he reappears in town and makes an identical copy of the book and has it reappear so that Henry gets the book back."

Terolyn, I overlooked your post when I scanned the thread. Your theory sounds good! I think we both may be right....he replaced the book, but in doing so he also replaced the missing end of the story that Henry had never seen!

Mimi

04-30-2009

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Good theory Terolyn!

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 1:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
August W. Booth

August W. Booth[4] (Eion Bailey) is a mysterious young man who comes to Storybrooke for an unknown purpose. He is first seen at the end of "True North" after Henry told Emma that no stranger ever came to Storybrooke. He rides a motorcycle carrying a huge box. In the episode "7:15 A.M." when Emma confronts him at the diner he tells Emma he'll show her what's inside the box, if she'll let him buy her a drink sometime. Emma agrees and the Stranger reveals the contents of the box, an old-fashioned typewriter, and tells Emma that he's a writer. It is speculated that he is the original author of Henry's book, and has come back to Storybrooke to finish it now that Emma has returned to break the curse. At the end of "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree", it is revealed that he, not Regina, dug up Henry's storybook. He then restores the book and adds more pages, suggesting that he might have updated the stories, or simply replaced the pages Emma tore out and burned to prevent Regina from remembering how the Dark Curse will be lifted. He then plants the book to make it look like Emma had found it before she returned it to Henry.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Sunday at 1:00 PST, or 4:00 EST, is the OUAT panel at Paleyfest. I've always envied those who live in LA and can buy the tickets and go to the sessions. All the stars and creative talent will be answering questions.

Well, I discovered you can listen for free on www.livestream.com. So I signed up. Oh, and tomorrow is American Horror Story and in the next couple weeks are Bones, Castle, Sons of Anarchy, and others. Wish I had known of this sooner!

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
This show may have lost me tonight. The wolf and Peter was just too brutal for me. I am drawn to this series in some ways, but in some ways repulsed by it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i didn't see that twist coming

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm starting to look for the twist with each ep. Have to give them props, the clues were in our faces. I mean, c'mon Red's tracking abilities and her sense of smell etc SCREAMED the twist to us, but still, it was a shock. Loved that!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me, too! The heart in the box was a little creepy, though. Whose heart is that??? The sheriff's? And why was it buried in the woods? That was really weird. I don't think it's the missing woman (can't remember her name!). Where's the rest of her?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Sheriff's heart was destroyed (that is what killed him) when the Mayor/Queen crushed it in her hands. So who does she have in her control now? Mirror? He loves her before he even had a heart. So maybe it is the missing wife.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
Why would that heart be buried in the woods instead of being kept with the others?

It was quite a twist on the old fairy tale. Didn't see it coming at all. And I'm glad they finally got to Ruby's story. They hadn't given her much of a role in this show until now.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im getting really tired of the unhappy stories each week!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's starting to wear on me too. The show is unique and interesting but sometimes such a downer that it frustrates me. We are overdue to see the queen get a bit of her own medicine!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I so agree I am thinking of stop DVR it.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
at least give some happiness in every ep. Im almost tempted to let them sit in dvr until end of season...read spoilers if there ever is a happy ending and then watch

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The happiness was Snow getting her love/memory back for the Prince (?)

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
I agree with Pamy. Think I might keep them in there and just read spoilers and go back and watch them if something good happens.

Queen definitely needs to lose in a big way soon. She can't always win.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I am thinking that all of this must come into play so that we can see the full story before the tables turn.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I've stopped watching. And I am really alarmed that this show with a children's story title ("Once Upon a Time") and BRUTAL scenes (Red Riding Hood eats her boyfriend) is on in the Family Hour! I think that's a shock and a shame. I remember once in childhood when Ed Sullivan show, of all things, had a disturbing animation piece aired (about the atomic bomb). He verbally warned over and over for children not to watch, but I did anyway--and I have never forgotten it (not in a good way). I was so disturbed that I asked permission of my Mom to stay up past bedtime to watch "Bonanza" afterwards. But I can't tell you what was on Bonanza, and I remember the deeply disturbing piece on Sullivan to this day. They should put this show later--and/or give a VERBAL warning about the show before airing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
}There is no such thing as Family Hour TV anymore on most networks, and there hasn't been for years. A few examples:
Violent:
Alcatraz
Sexual Content:
How I Met Your Mother
Two Broke Girls
Whitney
Even my fav, The Big Bang Theory.

Fairy tales are brutal, to be surprised that Once Upon a Time follows the form is a bit naive in my opinion. You didn't actually see her eat her boyfriend by the way
. The premise of the show is an evil and cruel queen's revenge.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, March 23, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I had a book of Grimm's Fairytales when I was little. It was quite scary if I remember correctly. And Cinderella... YIKES. Totally different from Disney. The sisters actually cut off bits of their feet to fit into the slipper... EWWW. Never forget that one.}