TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2012 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure about Rumpy being the Beast, but I really like how the storyline went. And, I love that we finally see his achilles heal.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
It did look like the queen wasn't sure about what Rumpy remembered or didn't remember, up until tonight. Now she knows and so do we.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I kind of take these as "fractured fairytales" Konamouse. They've taken the basic story line of a fairytale and twisted it a bit so it fits the TV show so you wind up with Mr. Gold=Rumpelstiltskin=The Beast or some version of those stories.

Nerovh

06-11-2005

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this episode. I hope they bring back Emilie de Ravin in future episodes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I assume since we saw her captive in the insane asylum, she will be back?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wanted some type of happy ending. This show is showing us toooo many stories and all of them depressing in some way.

I do sit in awe of the production, it is simply breathtaking! Costumes are magical, scenery and props are spot on.

Loved Emily, always have

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yep, Emily is wonderful. And I like Mack's spin on it - accepting them as Fractured Fairytales, makes their versions more palatable. Besides, now that I think about it, what else should we expect from the wacky braintrust behind LOST? The just DON'T do 'predictable'! And that's a good thing.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I like "fractured fairytales". It reminds me of the work by author, Gregory Maguire, who wrote Wicked, Son of a Witch, etc. I love taking aspects of the story as we know it and then elaborating on it or taking it in another direction. It's fun for me!

I love Emily, too. She is so beautiful.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
We don't really know how the "original" stories behind the fairy tales was "supposed" to go. They were first oral stories meant to teach a lesson. The Grimms wrote some of them down. Publishers translated them into other languages, changed things to meet their contemporary standards and then came Disney. They can do whatever they want to the fairy tales I learned as a child. The stories read to my granddaughter were quite different from those read to me and it's OK as long as I am entertained.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I don't see why Rumpy didn't just say to the Queen "Don't ask me my name, Please". Then she would have to leave him alone.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
For a second there I thought they finally locked up Claire, lol. I loved seeing Emilie de Raven in this latest episode, I am hoping she'll come back, it looks like she will based on the storyline, which I'm looking forward to. This is such a good show, very entertaining, I like it more every time I watch it.

I wondered why Rumplestiltskin told the Queen his real name too, but the fairy tale has something about his name, but I thought it was it had been guessed and he lost his power, not sure. I think it will be interesting with this new dynamic, though.

ETA: In case some don't know, Emilie de Raven played Claire Littleton in the tv series LOST.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
She was good did you realize they had Bell & her father in the same hospital together boy she is evil the Mayor or the Queen.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I wish I could remember from the first episode when the Evil Queen visited Rumpelstilskin in his jail in fairyland and asked him how to create the evil spell to put everyone in Storybrooke. He of course made a deal with her and asked for something in return--I believe a favor he could ask at a later date. She agreed, believing he wouldn't remember who he was and so would not remember to ask for the favor. wish I could remember exact details, but I think he's not afraid for her to know that he knows he's Rumpetstilskin, because eventually he is going to nail her for that favor.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Okay, found what I was looking for: in exchange for telling queen how to activate the curse in "old time", Rumpy was to receive a good rich life in the new world, plus one special request: "You must do whatever I say, so long as I say... please." I noticed earlier in the episode when the queen wanted to talk, he pointedly said "no" and then "please", and she had to back off. Queen had assumed he wouldn't remember, so that special request wouldn't matter, but Rumpy seemed to know that he would.
PS Took me a while to find this, it was actually in the SECOND episode of the show.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
If ole' Rumpy was actually falling in love with Belle then she could end up being as important to breaking the curse as the main character.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Good find Beth4freedom, thanks!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto! Thanks, Beth4! :-)

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
That's why I posted earlier that Rumpy should have just said "don't ask me my name... Please". She would have to leave him alone.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Terolyn. :-)

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Rissa, I hope you are right. That would mean we'll see Belle sprung from her cell eventually to join the others in Storybrooke.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Beth! Good catch!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah Rissa and Redpen. I mean Rumpy went completely postal on her 'dad' because of the sentimental value of a CHIPPED TEACUP. I cannot begin to imagine his wrath when he actually finds Belle!!!! When that day comes, Witchiepoo, er, the Mayor, had better leave town on her broomstick ASAP to save her enchanted arse!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this last episode with the Water Fairy and the happy outcome for what's her name in the other world. Although I wonder what happened to her in the real world? She wasn't in the car when her soulmate from the fairy tale world looked in the car. Wish she hadn't of talked to the Mayor and told her everything. Bet it looks like a suicide or something to make everyone hate Snow more.

Felt badly for Snow for everyone being mean to her.

Did the writer find the book and dry it out? Or was he writing the book? The one the sherrif found to return to Henry.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't tell what he was doing to the book. WAs he adding pages? Changing pages? Or just fixing damage? I don't think the book looked damaged the first time we saw him with it, so I thought he was either changing the story or adding to it.

I felt bad for Snow too. I'm not sure how much more I can take of her and Charming not getting their happy ending. It really frustrates me.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I thought he was making copies of it by taking pictures but what you all said makes more sense.