TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 04, 2012 users admin

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Sunshyne, when Lori was struggling with the second Walker at the car-crash site, I was screaming at the TV, "Please bite her and put me out of my misery!"

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, good episode for what it was but I really want them to get away from the farm now, and do something else. I kind of wanted more sense of urgency for the end of the season.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
lol daydreamer, me too.

I could probably look it up but i'm lazy today. Was lori having the affair before Rick ended up in hospital??

For some reason i keep thinking that Lori and Shane were intimate before rick supposedly died in hospitial, i'm pretty sure episode one hinted at marital problems.

So Rick thinks that Shane and Lori were together because she thought Rick was dead. SO, i'm all messed up on the timeline as far as the pregnancy.

How early does morning sickness really start up? two months? Could this be shane's baby from BEFORE the zombification of society??

now THAT would be impossible to smooth over with rick. Her excuse was she thought he was dead. She can only HOPE Rick will kill Shane before he blurts that the affair was prior to supposed death.

wow, Olive Oyl sure is in it up to her eyeballs.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rick and Lori were having marriage problems in the first episode, before Rick was shot and ended up in hospital. And it seemed that Shane took the protector role immediately, looking after both Lori and the son.

We don't have definitive information on how long Rick was in a coma, but we do know the virus went global 63 days before Day 5 (fifth day after Rick woke up), and if we assume the virus wasn't widespread before Rick was shot (there didn't seem to be any mention of it) it's likely Rick was in a coma and Shane and Lori were getting closer for at least nine weeks. Hard to say how close they got, buy my guess is they were close but not intimate, because Lori has been quite angry with Shane for saying Rick was dead in the context of their relationship, like she felt he had tricked her into taking the next step and sleep with him by telling her Rick was gone. Add to that last night Shane said "it was a long time coming" or something like that, regarding their relationship, so my personal feeling is they didn't sleep together before Rick "died."

That would also tie in to the issues in the timeline with Shane and Lori getting hot and heavy so quickly in the very short period (probably less than a week) between Rick dying and Rick reuniting with Lori. It was close to that anyway.

I think the continuity/timeline issues over Lori's pregnancy were just plot device issues. They needed her pregnant for the storyline so they had to make her pregnant, even if they had to fudge the days.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
By the way, did anyone hear Hershel say Randall (the kid with the impaled leg) wouldn't be up and walking for two or three days?!!? He said something like he'd managed to repair the muscle as best he could. So spike through the leg, then ripped up and off said spike, and he should be walking in four days!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
yes in hospital we have people up and walking sometimes the same day even if abdominal surgery or hip.

But i think he meant that the guy was drugged up and would be kept that way.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes but putting weight on a leg injury?? It sounded like it was just their method to allow Randall to be part of the plot in a couple of episodes, rather than just a reason for the other group (I assume) to invade the farm.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I was thinking they might amputate Randall's leg there at the fence and throw it to the walkers as a distraction as they loaded him into the car. Some of the walkers would be fighting over the leg and they could save some ammo.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

Well that was dramatic! And some interesting bits to fill in the back story.

Shane said it all started only a couple of weeks before Shane left Rick for dead. "Couple of weird stories on the news and so quickly everything just happened, couple weeks later [he] went to the hospital and they were shooting people in the halls. [He] tried to get [Rick] out but [they] weren't going to make it." (Shane also confirmed he and Lori weren't sleeping together until after Rick was "dead.")

So that's kind of interesting, Jenner (the CDC guy) told us the virus went global 63 days before Day 5. Now Shane's telling us they didn't hear anything until about 20 days before Day 5, so for a month and a half the authorities knew it was global but the public didn't. Kind of weird and kind of might make sense, depending on what the virus that went global actually did (i.e. was it just the precursor to all the zombieness, and the virus and zombieness are distinct in some way?? (I kind of think they are, and that was the big deal about the two walkers who didn't appear to have been scratched. I think they might have died from something else (starvation maybe) and still become walkers after they died)).

Another thing was a time marker, but vague this time. Rick said they've "been waiting a week until we were going to do this." A week in that context could be more or less than seven days, but I'm going to call it seven days for:

Day 13
S2E9 Rick & Co, bring Randall back to the farm.

Days 14-19 off camera

Day 20
S2E10 Rick and Shane take Randall away from farm, get attacked by walkers, bring him back. Beth tries to kill herself.

Also to do with dates, saying that it all started (as far as the public was concerned) only a couple of weeks before Shane left Rick for dead... All we know about when Rick was shot was that it was before they knew about the virus, so conceivably it could have been only a few weeks or even days before the weird stories on the news started and that now puts us only 20+ days (14ish days of madness, 7 days max of Rick somehow surviving alone at the hospital) before Day 1 (Rick wakes up) that Rick and Lori could have had sex and made a baby. Lori takes a positive pregnancy test Day 9 so now we have:

. conception any time up until 30 days before pregnancy test - baby is Rick's
. conception not possible between 30 and 16 days before pregnancy test (Rick in coma, Lori not sleeping with Shane yet)
. conception between 16 and 7 days before pregnancy test - baby is Shane's
. conception between 7 days before pregnancy test and day of pregnancy test (unlikely I'm guessing) - baby is Rick's

This finally satisfies me that there is a doubt in who the father is. Shane could have just squeaked in as baby daddy in that short week/9 days max between him leaving Rick for dead and Rick returning to camp, with the baby only two weeks from conception (makes sense for first missed period) OR she could have been pregnant before Rick went into a coma, which made her maybe six weeks from conception, and makes morning sickness more plausible. Rick now seems more likely to me as the dad, assuming we don't get more information about him being in a coma for longer.

I kind of think they added this extra info in because of all the talk about timelines and who was the baby's father!

Or perhaps I'm just taking these time lines too seriously ;).

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
LOL... When I heard all those timeline references this episode I thought of you, Kitt. :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's a bit like Lost, where in that last season they made us think it could all be to do with time travel. I spent hours looking into all of that then at the end of the series it was basically all a dream!

It's the thrill of the hunt!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
that timeline cant be accurate. the kid had a gunshot wound to the belly and rick gave multiple units of blood. BOTH involve a month to two months of recovery.

ya its just a tv show but I was thinking it had been a few months. Last season was basically what, ten days?? they were discussing Sophia being missing for nine days i think, so the minimal time should have been a month or two. THIS says to me that the baby COULD be shane's.

btw, some of the preg tests can pick up at two weeks conception BUT i do not know if morning sickness takes place that early. Just the fact that lori was ill as the first sign, i'd assume she is at two months SO unless shane was doing her, the baby must be ricks/

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think we have to suspend some reality with regard to healing times. They're just speeding up healing so they can get along with the story and not have to write around Carl or someone else being bed-bound. That time Darryl was harpooned through the chest he was up and walking as if nothing happened the next day!

We have to distinguish between what we know (when pregnancy tests work, when morning sickness starts, how long it takes to heal from a chest injury) and what the writers decide to fudge when they put it into the script. Just because it couldn't really work that way in real life, doesn't mean that the writers haven't written it that way.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Have I killed the thread?? Don't let my, err, enthusiasm stop anyone else from posting!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just finally watched my taped Sunday night show. I think I'm just finding it so dark that I only watch it with divided attention.

Life seems dark enough that dark entertainment isn't very entertaining to me right now. YMMV

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
This IS a show about a zombie apocalypse. It's supposed to be dark with a glimmer of hope for mankind to survive. I love it but I know what you mean about not enjoying it if you are in a depression of sorts. I was not able to watch anything that appeared to make light of death for a long time after my Mother died suddenly about twelve years ago. Anything at all about dead people was not bearable. I am now able to enjoy the story of this group of people interacting with one another. I think it is well written and produced.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There is a MAJOR spoiler floating around at the moment, be VERY careful what Walking Dead links you click on!

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i dont go anywhere so HOPEFULLY i wont get spoiled by someone slipping up here.

I boycott survivor threads for that exact reason.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The problem is not that I am in a depression. :-) The problem is that I don't really see a glimmer of hope in the show; or not enough lightness to make it 'entertaining'. To me. Still, I keep hoping....

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
trouble is, no one is listening to radio anymore. or shortwave.

you'd think they would be scanning every night on all channels. HECK europe could be intact/ unaffected and we.they would never know

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you know we will have to look now that you have posted. Those who read the comic books are way ahead of the rest of us anyway. I had never heard of the comic until the show aired.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, no you really don't want to look, that wasn't a tease. I regretted it and am still annoyed with myself. It's major.

And by the way it came from the trailer for the season two dvd, they messed up and started showing it before the scenes in the trailer had aired. It was the same promotion company that spoiled another show in a similar way.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did not see that coming, the very end bit! I'm very glad they didn't go through with it, I don't see how it could have been justified. What did he do that actually warranted the death penalty? Can't think what to do with him though, he's definitely a danger.

So this was a blind item on TVLine back in November, so I did always wonder if Dale's days were numbered:

November 22, 2011 01:30 PM PST
Blind Item: Who’s Walking Off The Walking Dead?
by Team TVLine

How’s your vision today? Good? Good, ’cause you’re gonna wanna be 20/20 or better for today’s Blind Item. It concerns one of the stars of AMC’s The Walking Dead and their desire to… well, walk.

The backstage drama all started when series creator Frank Darabont was ousted. A whole lotta people were upset, you’ll recall, and this one person, so much so that he/she asked to be released from his/her contract. But, according to my moles, a funny thing happened between the time the request was made and when it was potentially granted.

A change of heart.

Now this member of the ensemble wants to stay. But it may be too late. (Even my sources don’t know for sure at this point whether the character is going to be written off, although one insider insists he/she ultimately got their wish.)

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/walking-dead-quit-season-2/
The person who walked was meant to be someone who'd worked with Darabont before, so that made it likely it was Dale or Andrea (both in Darabont movies).

Carl's turning into a little psycho.

First time ever it didn't give a specific reference to passing time, at least not that I noticed. I'm going to assume it's the next day, I think it had to be that or the day after as Rick's face wounds were still very fresh looking and they started off the morning asking what the plan is now.

Day 21
S2E11 They decide to execute Randall but don't. Carl frees swamp walker and swamp walker kills Dale.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I forgot how to do spoiler box.
POSSIBLE SPOILER.

Don't LOOK.. Possible Spoiler

Glad no one killed Randall. I think they might regret it though...I could be wrong.
He might turn out to be a useful part of the group.

I just knew the walker Carl found would eventually make it to the camp. I kind of figured Dale would get bumped off but didn't know in what way.
In a real life zombie world a lot of kids would be like Carl. Scary thought. They need to take Carl in hand before he ends up hurting one of their own group.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, a lot of things going on around Carl to make him that way, but it's going to be trouble! I wonder how he'll react now when he sees what disobeying rules can cause.