TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blue Bloods: Archive through November 19, 2011 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that is a shame. As Brenda said, it is the family dynamics that make the show special and interesting beyond a standard procedural cop show.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
CBS is all about the procedurals. I can understand TPTB wanting to keep the format in line with the rest of their shows, but they are removing the thing that made THIS show different. And stand out from all the myriad of OTHER procedurals. Wahlburg is too intense of an actor for this show to remain likeable, in my opinion, without the family dynamics softening him up. Ditto with the younger son.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Aw, I am bummed out to read that. I agree that the family dynamics are what make this show what it is.

I wonder who some of these people are that make these decisions.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
I really hope that this show comes back...and sticks with the family dynamics. I just watched the finale and I will really miss it if it doesn't return or if they turn it into just another cop show.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
The family dynamics is the reason I watch this show. If it's just going to be another cop show, I'll pass.

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
It's renewed as per Donnie Wahlberg....

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Good, I was wondering after last nights episode. I hope they don't change it too much. Thanks Punkaroo.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love this show but Tom Selleck needs to tone it down a bit.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Everytime I watch Donny Walhburg on this, I think of Johnny Drama.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
What does Tom Selleck need to tone down?

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
the overdramatization.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I love everything about Blue Bloods,the only thing I would change is that they dont solve every case by the end of the show,but then again I like when they have drawn out plots!!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I love Tom just the way he is!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Tone down the hair dye.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I love it all! It's one of my favorite shows now, and rather a relief from all the reality TV! :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite shows too. I just think when you are old that coal black hair just makes you look older. IMO he would look great with the hair a tad bit lighter and some silver showing at the sides. Like I said, just my opinion.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree that that coal black dye isn't flattering to him.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love the show, never miss it but part of the appeal is that it seems like it is a throwback to the cop shows of times of yore.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I so agree with you about Tom Selleck, Maris. Every time he does one of his heavy sighs when presented with a dilema, I want to throw something at the TV.

I'm the opposite of many of you. I'd rather see the cases than watch the family. The reason the original producer left was because Selleck wanted it to be more about the family, ie. HIM. That guy was a former policemen. Selleck got his way; they bring in this couple to make it about the family and the new guy that took over CBS didn't like it. Selleck almost got his show cancelled.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, October 01, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Good show last night.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I agree, I like the family dynamics. I didnt start watching it until Summer re runs. I didnt think I would like it. But now one of my favorites

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, October 03, 2011 - 2:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Yes great show,however I kept wandering where Jamie was through most of it until Sunday dinner.I just think Donnie Wahlberg is a great actor but I have loved the Wahlberg boys since I was 12 so......:-)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'm still loving the show. I like the different opinions they all have on the various cases and issues. I tend to side with Danny on most of the arguments...

I'm stone in love with Detective Melissa Baker, played by Abigail Hawk. I hope her character is expanded soon.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch this week's with the grandfather in the hospital having open heart surgery and then having Thanksgiving didnner in a hospital and also having wine with dinner what hospital would let any family do that I can't think of any hospital even if you have pull.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
The magic of TV. :-) Enjoyed the show as usual; it's one of the few decent shows on Friday nights.