TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 19, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New alive people in the new promo they're showing on AMC:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00046948.html

Their character names are
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Tony and Hustla
in case anyone knows them from the comics.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they saved the action for the second part of the season...

video trailer at this link, it's intense!

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/walking-dead-season-2-trailer-spoilers/

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
It's back! Don't forget to set your DVRs or mark your calendars for Sunday!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
so excited!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And the marathon of the last (half) season is on now, if anyone needs to catch up!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A preview interview for season two (not that much in it to be honest):

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/walking-dead-season-2-preview/

Best bit is:

TVLINE | And as far as what Jenner whispered to Rick at the CDC, I was saying to a co-worker we can rule out that it was about Lori was pregnant, because Rick would have been like, “I know” when she told him. When are you planning that reveal?
You know what? I don’t think your wait is too long.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well that's one way of dealing with a problem!

If anyone paid attention to the credits, there was a kind of spoiler in them, listing someone as a guest star not a permanent cast member. I think they'll leave the farm and not everyone will go with them.

I remembered to set Talking Dead to tape!

And so I don't wonder later, it's still

Day 12
S2E7 Barnageddon, S2E8 Sofia was buried, Lori crashed car, met strangers in town.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
best part of the whole episode was when merle called lori "olive oyl" lol

she does have that Lanky olive oyl look. ha ha ha

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha! And Rick is Popeye, and Shane is Bluto. Both fighting over Olive Oyl...LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh cool! Next week Paget Brewster (Prentiss from Criminal Minds) is going to be one of the guests on "Talking Dead".

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
We FINALLY get to meet some new, "alive" characters, and look what happened!

(After Sofia last week, and Lori and (I presume) Lori's baby this week, the producers better start bringing in more characters, or by the end of Season 2 we'll be staring at an empty white house in a pretty Georgia field, with just an occasional zombie lurching by.)

(Hey! Bring back Merle's brother -- you know, the one who presumably chewed off his own arm to escape from that downtown Atlanta roof!)

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Lori taking off to find them in town didn't make sense to me. Didn't she know they were coming back as soon as they could? Did I miss something?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I agree that it didn't make sense, Redpen - it was so odd that she first asks Daryl to do it then takes off on her own. Maybe we were supposed to get the impression that the blonde gal was declining fast, but I didn't think it was very clear or any additional sense of urgency was portrayed that would lead her to run off on her own.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Darryl is the redneck brother who's alive, Merle is the scary one from the roof.

I think we're meant to think that Lori wanted Rick back (to safety) so desperately, realised no one else was going to solve her problems, so thought she'd better start looking after herself. So she was stupid and put herself and others (when they rescue her) in danger... kind of sloppy writing but never mind.

The early showing didn't have a "next on" but the later one did, and it looks like next week is going to be frantic.

I liked the writer(?)'s point on Talking Dead (responding to the lack of zombies last season) that it's the first time in ages we see new alive people and there was more tension with them than with a hoard of zombies.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
the urgency is rather clear. that daughter was grabbed at and maybe scratched by the shot up walker Mother outside the barn (first five mins of episode)

i figure the daughter is getting sick and will soon change. Getting the father back with give him an opportunity to say goodbye and maybe experiment a bit (guessing)

we also saw lori extremely PO'd that rick was going out to find herschel. She kept asking why he had to go. SO she did have a bee in her bonnet about him leaving during a time of crisis.

WHOOPS, i called darryl merle, oh well I'm sure we all had a giggle during the olive oyl retort

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Yes, I did think the Olive Oyl reference was funny. :-)

I completely enjoyed the episode! I'm so glad to have it back.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
But Kitt...what was the spoiler in the credits? I missed them (twice).

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i dont want to know spoilers. maybe Kitt can send you a PM with the info :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'll put it in a box

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Melissa McBride's name (the actress who plays Sofia's mother), was listed as "guest starring" instead of a normal cast member. I wonder if the others leave and the show follows them, whereas she decides to stay at the farm to be near Sofia's body.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. :-) We'll see if you're right.

PS I don't think it's a spoiler if it's something that appeared in the opening credits of the episode. It's just an observation, and then Kitt made a speculation based on that (very observant) observation.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
20 minutes in and I'm about to toss my cookies

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The leg thing?? Nasty! I think what happened was the only option though, assuming they didn't want to leave him there.

Not sure I like where it's going with Lori more or less manipulating Rick to get rid of Shane. It felt like she did it more because of the complication over the baby-daddy than honest fears for Rick's safety.

Tracking the days (for me):

Day 12
S2E7 Barnageddon, S2E8 Sofia was buried, Lori crashed car, Rick & Co. met and shot strangers in town. S2E9 Shane rescues Lori, Rick & CO. find Randall with injured leg.

Day 13
Rick & Co, bring Randall back to the farm.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
they shouldnt have saved him. didnt look like a kid to me. Mid20s.

i kinda hope shane or the blonde lady shoot him.

Notice in the town even hershel was shaking his head at how STUPID rick was for taking the bait and answering. I know he is supposed to be the good guy, the conscience part of the cast, but seriously, what GOOD was going to come of admitting their friends were killed?? i mean seriously.

Lori whispering paranoid thoughts into Rick's ear makes me wonder if she KNOWs the baby is shane's. In one way i see her point, Shane does seem overly attentive BUT not in such a way anyone else seems to have a clue.

IF everyone knew, they'd be less excited about her pregnancy and kinda looking back n forth between rick/ shane.

Am i the only one who was hoping Lori was scratched or bitten ?? ha ha

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Lori has to know the baby is most likely Shane's, given the timeline, as should everyone else. I thought Dale and Andrea knew for sure, the way they reacted.

Yeah, Rick shouldn't have answered from the bar, there's a chance the baddies would have just given up.

With only four episodes left this season it's not moving along as quickly as I hoped.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
but at least this last episode had more of a season one feel to it.