TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 04, 2012 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
season one was shown twice here in canada. Season two of Downton abbey is soon to start.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well I only saw it the once on Vision just recently. Season 2 is currently running in Britain. If you have any info Sun on what station has picked up season 2, where and when it would be most appreciated. I really enjoyed it.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
here ya go jasper and Everyone else who likes to watch stuff online. The season one was played as a Mini series on MASTERPIECE theatre

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/downtonabbey/

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sun, definitely marking it on the calendar for January (lol how sad is that). For anyone who hasn't seen it and likes this kind of period stuff it was very good. (Rob James-Collier is in it, but his character is not pleasant and is on the other bus as Sean says. Also Joanne Froggat who played Zoe (?) Ashley's crazy gf when he lived with Nick and Leanne).

Mimi

04-30-2009

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Love Downton Abbey. Watched the repeats too. Can't wait for the new ones!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Aww, I'm running behind, but I was so happy Peter went after Leanne. Now if only Nick would leave instead of just saying he's leaving.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am finding the show has gone mad in the past few weeks! Its getting all American and over the top! The story lines with Becky and Kylie were ridiculous this past week!
I miss the days when the biggest story was Emily and her nephew trying to save a tree at the Red Wreck!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
grrrrr.....I was miffed to find that yesterday's program, normally on at 6:30pm here in B.C. was on at 1pm because of hockey. Now I have to tape it at 7am Sunday to catch up on that. Well, at least I have that as an option. And recently found that I could watch episodes online of East Enders on Vision. Love that show more than C. Street these days.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
If you look on facebook's Corrie Canada page, they have links to those 2 shows, and if you look on youtube you will find them there too.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
off to hunt down those sites, thanks CJ

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
You are welcome Erniesgirl--hope you track them down.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Yup, found 'em. It is especially fun seeing more current story lines for East Enders on You Tube too. Spent hours there. Thanks again.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, November 26, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
We just got back from London Drugs, there is a big gold book celebrating 50 years of C. St. for $19.95 - I see some Christmas presents coming up.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Fifty years of Corrie would make an excellent gift!
I felt bad that Jim and Liz didnt make it. But to have Jim try to rob a bank was crazy! Fiz and John are not in a good place--neither is Graham and Sheen(?). All I see is trouble ahead for everyone! I'm not so eager to watch these days as I used to be.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The Jim robs a bank storyline, while plausible for rJim, don't you know, really ridiculous. The whole Steve and Becky run off with the kids etc, very tiring and I have only watch 2 hours of the Nov 26 omnibus. I guess they had to come up with something for Liz to leave.

Other storylines I just want over are (I think all of them), Maria and Frank, I mean really Maria, Carla has an affair with your husband she declares her love, he dies, she leaves, then you set up house with her husband, he dies and you want to work together??? Fiz and the money. Anything with Tracey. Kevin and Sally yawn (glad they ditched the wig, love her grown in do)

The whole Graham Xin is another yawn. I preferred him and Tina with day to day living and no storyline compared to this.

And what is up with the two 16 yr olds and a baby on the way? (Owen is the new street meanie, I find him repulsive)

I just knew Mark was cross-dresser but really who cares. While I do like Aud and Claude, Mark adds nothing.

Best new storyline, I am loving Roy's mother! Her delivery is great. Most memorable line so far was when Hayley said she worked with Sean and she looked at him and said "how wearing" lol.

I imagine we will see something happen with Anna and Eddie, the witch Tracey now that she knows. And I would like to see Becky behave for a bit.

Her sister Kylie - lol I love her character because she is winding Gail up.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Wow! Jamie, Violet, Todd and Marcus all in one go! Although the purpose of remains to be seen. Will Marcus come back? Will Violet? I'd rather see Marcus and Sean bringing up Dylan. I'm up to last Sunday now. Ok Frank is definitely giving me the willies. He must be really bad to make actually feel a teeny bit sorry for Chris during his talk with Maria.

Poor John getting twitchy all over again.

Love Sylvia even more, although she is pretty harsh on Roy, Roy got off some funny lines as well. I think it will be a very interesting trio.

Question who is looking after these kids when all the relatives are in the pub?

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Wow they really look like sisters here.

picture is from corrie.net

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I was pleased to see Betty Driver behind the bar yesterday. She passed away Oct 15th and the most recent shows we are seeing are from the end of May. She was sick for a while before she was gone. Does anyone know when her final show was filmed?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I think we already saw it! Someone mentioned we would be seeing her last appearance Wednesday or Thursday....but I'll be looking for her on tonight's show.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
David and Kylie force their way past her so David can confront Becky in the back.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, December 26, 2011 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
BTW, anyone who missed Downton abbey, its now being replayed on PBS Masterpiece Theatre. can watch it on tv OR online. Season two should be febr, i think.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For Downton Abbey fans - Season 2 starts Jan 8 on PBS under Masterpiece Theatre.

Corrie - halfway thru Sunday omnibus - who else thinks Stella may be Leanne's mum? Becky has lost her mind and at this point (she used to be a favourite) she can leave the Street in the back of a cab anytime.

I think something does not smell right with James either. Something off about him.

From the week prior, the scene at the end when Steve says buh bye Tracey and the smiles exchanged between him and Eileen were priceless! I can't tell you how many times I rewatched that minute. Traceyluv's face was so worth it. And of course I love Steve.

They seem to be creating a whole influx of kid characters right now. I wonder if Dylan will stay or return to Violet? I do hope Marcus sticks around.

Will Eva get a job right on her doorstep sewing knickers? Or perhaps at the Bistro? Nick's new love interest? And isn't it amazing how Steve left Stella who he has known for two minutes in his home, name over the door pdq totally in charge? I actually thought that when Becky told Hayley she was going home that she was going to go to see Steve in Brighton or wherever he was meeting Andy.

Stella's fella, Carl reminds me of Danny Baldwin. And of course he immediately gets a job at Streetcars. Why can't I live on this street. After 15yrs at my job I am awaiting my notice. My boss died, and the company has now gone into receivership. What fun. Very stressful being left wondering.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ha! I was right! Just watched the rest and saw the scene with Peter and Stella.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes--Danny Baldwin. I knew he reminded me of someone. It seems mere minutes since Stella and her group swept onto the Street and into the Rovers. It feels like we are being readied for the next owners of the pub.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Jasper I think there is something not quite right with James too. He has the girls (Sophie and Sian) watch the homeless shelter for the first time and that's when it gets broken into???? I could be wrong but something about him is making me very suspicious.

I loved the part when Steve came back from his trip and the fight was happening in the pub. I watched that part a few times when he looks through the broken pub window and everyone inside is fighting. Steve's expressions are so good.