TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ---wit...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Home "Improvement" Shows: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ---with Ty users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVES 09-10-20  11:53 pm
Archive through April 15, 2009Native_texan25 04-15-09  7:19 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Oh shoot. I had to leave a few minutes before the end of the show and never got an update. I had a nagging feeling that the Dad didn't make it. How sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Native, early in the show they had the clips from when they applied for the show and the dad was being treated for cancer and it had come back again and he'd been given weeks to months to live. He was so sweet with the kids, all of whom were adopted except the oldest son.

By the time the team arrived, he was in the hospital and they respected the situation. Ty went to the hospital with the mom so she could tell her husband that the house was being taken care of, but they didn't show him. They didn't go on an away from town trip but were put up in a nice place so the mom could go to the hospital.

During the build he had gone blind, which was why they never gave him a video feed. At some point they still had hopes that he would get to be there for the moving of the bus and seeing the house, but he was not able to leave the hospital.

At least he knew that they were in the home and being taken care of.. they also got lots of new clothes. They were such a sweet family, every last one of them. They set the house up so that the daughter who is blind could more easily move through the house and then gave her special equipment to create braille and also to read aloud to her and a really nead bar coding system on all the items in the kitchen and she got a reader so she could scan the code and it would tell her what item it was.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Just last week the show taped here in Erie, PA....I didn't get down to the site to see any of the progress, but they did show a lot on the news. This show is scheduled to air on Sept 27.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
Here is an article about the house that was just built in Erie, PA. They may have built her a house, but if she can't pay the property taxes, what good did it do?!?!?!?!

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090714/NEWS186/307149975

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They are taping in Dallas this week...the home of a SWAT officer who is paralyzed...they've been showing clips of DPD officers working at the house all week long...good PR for our men in blue!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, December 18, 2009 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
They were taping here in Gainesville FL this week. I learned a lot about this show. First thing is that there were 5 families up for the makeover. They families didn't know which one got it till the morning wake up.

This is a HUGE production. They blocked off several streets and took over the baseball / rec fields as set up areas.

They ask for a lot of donations, from sharpie pens to motor homes.

Ty was only there the first two days and the last two days.

It actually took 2 weeks, not one week like I thought. This was from start (morning wake up) to finish (Move the bus) then several days finishing up.

Really awesome production.

I will say this (feel bad to say it) but I know of the family... and while they are very good people, I felt that the other families were a bit more deserving. It will be interesting to watch to see why they were chosen.

All in all... very very enlightening. If you have one in your area.. you should go and check it out and if possible.. volunteer!

Aurora

11-24-2006

Friday, December 18, 2009 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aurora a private message Print Post    
They were in St. Paul, MN this past fall. They built a new house for a women who does day care out of her home. They did a really good job building it so that it fit in with the other houses in the older neighborhood where she lives.

It only took one week for this one, from razing the house to the reveal. The Muppets had a hand in the rebuild. The funniest inside scoop on the whole deal is that they "move this bus" several times to get just the right reaction.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, February 08, 2010 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Update on the Gainesville Taping:

The soccer field which they used as a staging area is still tore up. Kids can't use it.

The family had a huge yardsale, selling most of the stuff to pay for the tangible tax bill.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Extreme Home Makeover is in Mineola, Texas this week...they are having a huge event in downtown Mineola this morning and my niece and all her friends are going to hang out (which isn't a departure because they all hang out at the coffeehouse in downtown Mineola all the time anyway...LOL)...they want to see Ty and Bill Engvall and get some great publicity for Mineola.

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Cool, Roxip. I like Bill Engvall! He's hilarious. Every time Ty is on the TV, whether it's for the show or a commercial, my DH comments about how annoying he finds him. I tell him Ty is enthusiastic. He might be annoying to live with, though, if he's that way 24/7, LOL.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
EHM will be filming in MN soon. My bro knows one candidate and my best friend knows another.

Aurora

11-24-2006

Friday, May 07, 2010 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aurora a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to hearing more about where they'll be building. I went and watched some of the activity when they built the house on the West Side last year. Lots of fun.

The general contractor who has been involved in the last two Minnesota makeovers does some mini-makeovers for returning soldiers. Here's a nice article about that.

http://wcco.com/local/red.bull.soldier.2.1438135.html

Northstar

09-29-2008

Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
1/2/11 episode profiles my bff's in-laws. It's his sister-in-law's family gets the new home. Too cool.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
L

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Show is ending in January.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Well, I guess it has run its course and isn't Ty going to be on the show that is taking One Life to Live's time slot?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
My office is foreclosing on an extreme makeover house. Sad. People get a brand new, paid off house and the first thing they do is run to the bank and pull all the new equity out. SMH

Spinner

10-27-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spinner a private message Print Post    
I had read that EMHE would be doing 4 specials a year after the show ended its regular run. I noticed on the Knoxville News-Sentinal website tonight that a Knoxville property is featured in this newspaper; the EMHE crew is apparently there now working on it and they were describing local people working on the property, so I would guess that this will be shown as a "special" later.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Spinner, you are probably right about the Knoxville property house rebuild being a TV "special" later. A friend of mine is currently volunteering her time with the Knoxville house because she personally knows the family.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't see every episode of the show. Of those I did, second to last -- West Union, Iowa -- was the only one (location) I could relate to. West Union is between my parents' small farming community hometowns -- Tripoli and Luana.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: