TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Attention: Game Players!! Game rules...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Attention: Game Players!! Game rules/descriptions.. users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In most of our games, there are unwritten rules that "everyone" knows. I know when I first played some games a few years back, I'd try to observe the patterns and see if I could figure out the rules, but I was gently scolded.

Anyway, we do have the announcement message area available and I've offered to place any game descriptions and rules above a game thread if that will be helpful.

As an example, I was asked to post a reminder above the "Change a Letter" game, which has been done.

What would be helpful is if the players of some games would reach concensus about the rules (such as avoiding words ending in "X", "Y" or "Z" in the "Trailers" game) .. maybe discuss a bit and list those rules with a short description at the end of a thread and I'll be looking out for those in the next week or so and place them above the thread.

In the future, if there is a new game, with new rules, or you all need a change in the rules, just email or PM the moderator account (if you click on the name of any moderator or admin, you will find a clickable link to PM the moderators.. and your request can get attention within a reasonable time.

In addition, there are games which were designed by one member, or may be run by one member. For those games, it would be helpful if that person would post the rules, or make the request.

Thanks!

The requests may be made here, as well.. just come up with the rules/descriptions and then put them in this thread, with the title of the thread in question.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Sea!

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Great thread, Sea. Thanks!

Trailers.... not ending words in X, Y or Z has always been an unwritten rule and I'm all for making it a standard, written rule.

The reason's a legit one having to do with sticking to a primary written rule, that all words must relate back to the previous word.

There are actually so few words in the English language beginning with X, Y and Z that a great deal of the time there simply is no word that relates back to the previous word.

Zeno39

11-09-2002

Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeno39 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
done

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all of that.Keep up the good work!!!!

Keepers

03-31-2003

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keepers a private message Print Post    
I just want to say both "thanks" so much & also "how could you". I just discovered this topic in the last few days - I love it. However, I feel I am now addicted - how could you do this to me? It is 1:40 am and I should be asleep to wake up at 5 to get ready for work. I hate this, but I love this! Thanks!

Zeno39

11-09-2002

Friday, December 16, 2005 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeno39 a private message Print Post    
Uh,oh! You are HOOKED, as we all are! All I can say is welcome to the club! We are just as hooked as you are!!

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Question? When two players post at nearly the same time, what is the rule regarding which answer you should use? Some people have said it should be the first person's answer, and some have said they just use the last posted. Thanks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think it should be the first posted.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I usually go with the most recent post...cuz sometimes I don't look up above more than one post.

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
I think it should be the first posted, too, but is there no rule on it?

Zeno39

11-09-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeno39 a private message Print Post    
Perhaps one should ask a moderator. I personally think that the first person who posted should be it. It is only fair, I think.

Couchtomato

09-09-2008

Friday, September 26, 2008 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Couchtomato a private message Print Post    
Change a letter question - my answers were shine, shone, honey. I was reminded that you can only change one letter and that I had changed two. Does that one letter have to be at only the beginning, middle or end of the word? I did change only one letter - the s for the y or it that considered dropping and adding a letter at the same time? It doesn't take much to confuse me and the last thing I want to do is mess up a thread. Thanks for your help.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, September 26, 2008 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
to get from shone to honey you need to go:
shone, hone, honey

Couchtomato

09-09-2008

Friday, September 26, 2008 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Couchtomato a private message Print Post    
Gotcha. Thanks a bunch. I love word games and just got ahead of myself.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: