TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through October 27, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 23, 2023 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

61. Lillehammer

62. twice

63. Swahili

64. Ranier

65. twice

66. corn

67. a shield

68. Ghost Busters, since that movie dealt with ectoplasm a lot

69. beetle

70. olives

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I tried to post earlier but it was in maintenance mode. I got my Covid and flu shots yesterday and I feel awful today so I don't know if I will be back to post today. Maybe later, we shall see.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
{Good afternoon and happy Tuesday! Feeling a bit better but those shots really hit you hard.

Answers:

61. Norway holds the record for most medals won overall at the Winter Olympic Games. These games have been held twice in Norway: once in Oslo, and once in which other Norwegian city? Lillehammer

62. In tableware, what is a demitasse? a small spoon (and yes it is also a small cup)

63. "Hakuna Matata" comes from which language? Swahili

64. What is King Charles III’s surname? Mountbatten-Windsor (WTG OG)

65. How many times has the Mona Lisa been stolen? once

66. The “Three Sisters” - staple crops of North American native tribes for millennia - are beans, squash and what? corn

67. "Aegis" belonged to Greek God, Zeus -what was it? a shield (WTG Juju)

68. Ecto Cooler was a drink released by HI C with a nod to which film? Ghostbusters (WTG Juju)

69. The June Bug is what type of insect? beetle

70. Tapenade contains what finely minced fruit? Olive}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck! Hopefully my fried brain works this time.

71. Patsy Cline recorded the hit song “Crazy” in 1961, but she didn’t write it. What Texas musician wrote that song?

72. Which country consumes the most chocolate per capita?

73. In The Jungle Book, Bagheera is a what?

74. At the age of 81, what lifestyle guru made history as the oldest Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model?

75. What founder of logic taught a young Alexander the Great about medicine, philosophy, morals, religion and poetry?

76. Meaning dwarf in Greek, what prefix is applied to the science of controlling individual atoms and molecules?

77. Pit and Old World are two subgroups of what family of poisonous snakes?

78. Who has co-hosted a talk show with men named Michael, Ryan, and Mark?

79. How many equal sides are there on a scalene triangle?

80. How old was John F. Kennedy when he was assassinated?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
72.Switzerland
74.Martha Stewart
77.viper
78.Kelly Ripa her hubby Mark is now her cohost
79.none
80.37?

May get my shots later this week. Good luck Granny Trivia

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

71. WILLIE NELSON
72. SWITZERLAND?
73. BLACK PANTHER
74. MARTHA STEWART
75. ARISTOTLE
76. NO IDEA
77. VIPERS
78. KELLY RIPA
79. 6?
80. 46
}}

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
GET MY SHOTS MONDAY

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday! I am doing a lot better today, still a bit achy but not like yesterday. My arms still hurt like the dickens but not as much. I had to sleep on my back, which I never do but it worked. I still need my second Shingles shot and a pneumonia shot. The perks of getting older. Good luck to you, OG.

Answers:

71. Patsy Cline recorded the hit song “Crazy” in 1961, but she didn’t write it. What Texas musician wrote that song? Willie Nelson (WTG OG)

72. Which country consumes the most chocolate per capita? Switzerland

73. In The Jungle Book, Bagheera is a what? panther (WTG OG)

74. At the age of 81, what lifestyle guru made history as the oldest Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model? Martha Stewart

75. What founder of logic taught a young Alexander the Great about medicine, philosophy, morals, religion and poetry? Aristotle (WTG OG)

76. Meaning dwarf in Greek, what prefix is applied to the science of controlling individual atoms and molecules? nano

77. Pit and Old World are two subgroups of what family of poisonous snakes? viper

78. Who has co-hosted a talk show with men named Michael, Ryan, and Mark? Kelly Ripa

79. How many equal sides are there on a scalene triangle? none (WTG Dean)

80. How old was John F. Kennedy when he was assassinated? 45

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. What is the first event in a decathlon?

82. The UK was the first country the USA formally declared war against - what was the second?

83. Canine infectious respiratory disease complex (CIRDC) is more familiarly known as kennel ... "what"?

84. John Mills won an Oscar in 1970 for his role in which film?

85. Emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal to honor who?

86. The Parthenon in Greece is dedicated to which Greek goddess?

87. Which "American Idol" winner hosts their own talk show?

88. Pimento cheese sandwiches are associated with what sporting event?

89. Built in Texas, what is the name of the world’s first domed sports arena?

90. Nopales are grilled or boiled portions of what plant?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. 1OO METER
82. MEXICO
83. COUGH
84. RYAN'S DAUGHTER
85. MUMTAZ SOMEBODY
86. ATHENA
87. KELLY CLARKSON
88. NO IDEA
89. ASTRODOME
90. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
81.100 meters
82.Mexico?
83.cough?
85.his wife
87.Kelly Clarkson
88.polo?
89.Astrodome

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 25, 2023 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. 100 meters

82. Germany

83. cough

84. dunno, Bigdog asleep

85. his deceased wife, have been there

86. Athena, have also been there, twice

87. Kelly Clarkson

88. some big golf tournament, OG will know it

89. Astrodome, have been to gun shows there because Texas

90. Cactus - nopalitos, which are diced pieces of the prickly pear cactus, are sold in plastic bags in grocery stores in South Texas, and perhaps all of Texas. I will be seeing some next week. We depart on Halloween, long day of travel.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

81. What is the first event in a decathlon? 100m

82. The UK was the first country the USA formally declared war against - what was the second? Mexico

83. Canine infectious respiratory disease complex (CIRDC) is more familiarly known as kennel ... "what"? cough

84. John Mills won an Oscar in 1970 for his role in which film? Ryan's Daughter (WTG OG)

85. Emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal to honor who? his wife

86. The Parthenon in Greece is dedicated to which Greek goddess? Athena

87. Which "American Idol" winner hosts their own talk show? Kelly Clarkson

88. Pimento cheese sandwiches are associated with what sporting event? The Masters (OG didn't know, Juju, but you were right, I will give you a WG)

89. Built in Texas, what is the name of the world’s first domed sports arena? Houston Astrodome

90. Nopales are grilled or boiled portions of what plant? cactus (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. The largest eggs are laid by ostriches. But the largest eggs relative to a bird’s body size are laid by a much smaller, also flightless, bird. What is it?

92. What six-letter word comes from the Yiddish for “to drag or carry”?

93. For ten years, according to Guinness World Records, Carolina Reaper was the world's hottest chili pepper at 1.64 million SHU. What surpassed it recently at 2.69 million SHU?

94. On what Greek island was the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, born in 1921?

95. Formed in 1973, what American band's original lineup were Starchild, the Demon, the Spaceman, and the Catman?

96. Brigitte Bardot, Leonard Cohen, Judi Dench, George Segal, Maggie Smith, and Frankie Valli were all born in what year?

97. Originally aired from 1963 to 1970, what TV sitcom features three beautiful girls, Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo, helping their mother, Kate, run the Shady Rest Hotel?

98. Sternutation is the formal word for what involuntary reflex?

99. What brand was lucky enough to snag the domain name peanutbutter.com?

100. What alliteratively named boat gives tourists an up close view of the American side of Niagara Falls?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I MISSED #90...JUJU GOT IT.

91...KIWI
92. NO IDEA
93. NO IDEA
94. CORFU...BEEN THERE
95. NO IDEA
96. 1934?
97. PETTICOAT JUNCTION
98. SNEEZE
99. SKIPPY
100.MAID OF THE MIST

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
94.Corfu , stayed in a youth hostel there
96.1934 same year as my Aunt
97.Petticoat Junction
99.skippy
100.Maid of the Mist

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2023 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, OG.

Guesses for new set:

91. kiwi

92. schlep - I lived in Miami for 8 years, and one of my colleagues used to say Miami is just a warm New York; I know lots of Yiddish words

93. X

94. Corfu

95. KISS

96. 1935

97. Petticoat Junction

98. sneeze

99. Jiffy

100. Maid of the Mist

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! I am sorry Juju. I thought I typed your name. My brain is still not working right.

Answers:

91. The largest eggs are laid by ostriches. But the largest eggs relative to a bird’s body size are laid by a much smaller, also flightless, bird. What is it? kiwi

92. What six-letter word comes from the Yiddish for “to drag or carry”? schlep (WTG Juju)

93. For ten years, according to Guinness World Records, Carolina Reaper was the world's hottest chili pepper at 1.64 million SHU. What surpassed it recently at 2.69 million SHU? Pepper X (WTG Juju)

94. On what Greek island was the late Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, born in 1921? Corfu

95. Formed in 1973, what American band's original lineup were Starchild, the Demon, the Spaceman, and the Catman? Kiss (WTG Juju)

96. Brigitte Bardot, Leonard Cohen, Judi Dench, George Segal, Maggie Smith, and Frankie Valli were all born in what year? 1934

97. Originally aired from 1963 to 1970, what TV sitcom features three beautiful girls, Billie Jo, Bobbie Jo, and Betty Jo, helping their mother, Kate, run the Shady Rest Hotel? Petticoat Junction

98. Sternutation is the formal word for what involuntary reflex? sneeze

99. What brand was lucky enough to snag the domain name peanutbutter.com? Skippy

100. What alliteratively named boat gives tourists an up close view of the American side of Niagara Falls? Maid of the Mist (Such a fun, wet ride)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. What country has a golf course that runs about 850 miles, the longest in the world?

2. In the human body, “deglutition” is another word for what?

3. What four-time Grammy winner was found not guilty of copyright infringement of Marvin Gaye’s classic “Let’s Get It On”?

4. One of the most widely-used products in the world, what does the “V” stand for in “PVC” pipe?

5. In a #1 country hit from 1974, Dolly Parton begs what title woman not to take her man?

6. Appearing in Life magazine in 1952, a party mix recipe called for butter, Worcestershire sauce and what cereal?

7. Where is airline Cathay Pacific headquartered?

8. Which country invented the first form of paragliding?

9. How long did the China one-child policy last?

10. Whose garden is Peter Rabbit warned against entering in The Tale of Peter Rabbit?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 27, 2023 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
}1. NOW I KNOW....I HOPE GOLF CARTS ARE ALLOWED
2. NOW I NOW
3. ED SHEERAN
4. CHLORIDE
5. JOLEEN
6. CHEX
7. HONG KONG
8. US
9. FAIRLY RECENTLY
10. FARMER MCGREGOR