TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through October 14, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. penguins, which are actually known to have two males raise a chick

32. Vietnam

33. duck sauce

34. 4

35. bisque

36. doves

37. Quakers

38. Honda

39. Jamestown

40. cats

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

31. One of the most-censored books in the U.S. in the last decade is “And Tango Makes Three,” a children’s book about a same-sex relationship between two birds. What kind of bird are they? penguins (WTG Juju)

32. Revered actor Sidney Poitier served as the Bahamian ambassador to what Asian country? Japan

33. What poultry-named sauce is likely to be orange and jelly-like in the Midwest and brown and chunky in New England? duck sauce (WTG Juju)

34. How many toes does an owl have on each foot? 4

35. What French cream soup made with shellfish is also the name of a free turn awarded in croquet? bisque (WTG Juju)

36. What birds have been used for sport hunting for thousands of years? falcons

37. Which religious group banned Christmas in 17th Century America? Puritans (WTG OG)

38. What company introduced the Odyssey Minivan in 1995? Honda (WTG Juju)

39. What is the oldest city in the United States? St. Augustine, Florida

40. The island of Bermuda is plagued by a population of 20,000 feral what? roosters

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. Of all living authors, Stephen King is often cited as having had the most works adapted into major motion pictures. Coming in at a distant second is the author of such tearjerkers as “A Walk To Remember” and “The Notebook.” Who is it?

42. The founders of what Vermont company turned to ice cream-making when they found bagel-making equipment too pricey?

43. In a popular children’s song, what word is missing from the name of the title character “John Jacob Schmidt”?

44. In 1993, what pizza chain dropped its guarantee to deliver pizzas in 30 minutes or less?

45. The capital city of Kampala lies near the northern border of what lake?

46. What Cuban-born performer gained fame as the lead singer of Miami Sound Machine?

47. What is Texas’ most populous city?

48. Which company released the first e-reader device?

49. In ‘Rocky III’, who played the role of Clubber Lang?

50. In Texas Hold’em, what is the term for the initial forced bet?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. NO IDEA
42. BEN AND JERRY'S
43. JINGLEHEIMER
44. DOMINOS
45. NO IDEA
46. GLORIA ESTEFAN
47. HUSTON
48. NOOK
49. NO IDEA
50. BLIND

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
42. Ben and Jerry's- heard a lady wanted to invest in it and her dad advised against as it won't do well, she still speaks to him
44.Domino
46.Gloria Estafan
47.Dallas
48.Kindle - have 1 ; but never use it
Just had a 2 hour walk today. Good walk.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I LOVE MY KINDLE, I USE IT EVERY NIGHT. DD GETS ME FREEBIES FROM HER LIBRARY.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I like to turn a page etc

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday! Our walking was curtailed with Covid and it is taking me a while to not feel tired. Got to pick it up again soon since I will be going to New York in a few weeks.

Answers:

41. Of all living authors, Stephen King is often cited as having had the most works adapted into major motion pictures. Coming in at a distant second is the author of such tearjerkers as “A Walk To Remember” and “The Notebook.” Who is it? Nicholas Sparks

42. The founders of what Vermont company turned to ice cream-making when they found bagel-making equipment too pricey? Ben and Jerry's

43. In a popular children’s song, what word is missing from the name of the title character “John Jacob Schmidt”? Jingleheimer (WTG OG, a favorite of our family at camping)

44. In 1993, what pizza chain dropped its guarantee to deliver pizzas in 30 minutes or less? Domino's

45. The capital city of Kampala lies near the northern border of what lake? Lake Victoria

46. What Cuban-born performer gained fame as the lead singer of Miami Sound Machine? Gloria Estefan

47. What is Texas’ most populous city? Houston (WTG OG)

48. Which company released the first e-reader device? Barnes and Noble (WTG OG) (I too love my Kindle but I do read regular books too. The Kindle is easier on my eyes at night. I have had to make the print larger which is an added plus)

49. In ‘Rocky III’, who played the role of Clubber Lang? Mr. T

50. In Texas Hold’em, what is the term for the initial? blind (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. According to the company’s founders, which of these put the “air” in the name Airbnb: air travel, air mattress or air conditioning?

52. Created by Forrest Mars, what candy was first made exclusively for the U.S. military during World War II?

53. With speeds up to about 90 mph, what is the world’s fastest insect?

54. After a match, it was customary for ancent Greek wrestlers to sell their what to the public: blood, sweat or tears?

55. Playing in Lambeau Field, what is the only publicly-owned NFL team?

56. The middle name of what women’s rights pioneer was Brownell?

57. Nicknamed the “Tree of Life”, what tree grows so wide that its trunk has been used as a pub and a prison?

58. Snowboarder Shaun White has won a record 3 Olympic Gold Medals in what event named for the structure in which it takes place?

59. Also called an Irish walking stick, a shillelagh is traditionally made from blackthorn wood or what other type?

60. What is the only element of the periodic table able to escape Earth all by itself and go into outer space?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51. AIR-BED-BREAKFAST
52. M AND M'S
53. DRAGON FLY?
54. BLOOD?
55. GREEN BAY PACKERS
56. SUSAN B. ANTHONY
57. OAK TREE?
58. HALF-PIPE
59. ASH?
6O. NOW I KNOW

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, October 12, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
51.Air Travel
54.sweat
56.Susan B Anthony
59.cedar

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

51. According to the company’s founders, which of these put the “air” in the name Airbnb: air travel, air mattress or air conditioning? air mattress (did you mean air mattress, OG?)

52. Created by Forrest Mars, what candy was first made exclusively for the U.S. military during World War II? M&Ms (WTG OG)

53. With speeds up to about 90 mph, what is the world’s fastest insect? housefly

54. After a match, it was customary for ancent Greek wrestlers to sell their what to the public: blood, sweat or tears? sweat (WTG Dean)

55. Playing in Lambeau Field, what is the only publicly-owned NFL team? Green Bay Packers (WTG OG)

56. The middle name of what women’s rights pioneer was Brownell? Susan B. Anthony

57. Nicknamed the “Tree of Life”, what tree grows so wide that its trunk has been used as a pub and a prison? baobab

58. Snowboarder Shaun White has won a record 3 Olympic Gold Medals in what event named for the structure in which it takes place? halfpipe (WTG OG)

59. Also called an Irish walking stick, a shillelagh is traditionally made from blackthorn wood or what other type? oak

60. What is the only element of the periodic table able to escape Earth all by itself and go into outer space? helium

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

61. What restaurant chain with ten “castles” in North America can be reached by calling 1-888-WE-JOUST?

62. From 1922 to 1990, an extremely long bout of what plagued Iowa man Charles Osborne?

63. The day after their coronation, the King and Queen of England made a surprise appearance on what U.S. TV show?

64. If an “English opening” is followed by a “reversed Sicilian defense”, you’re most likely playing what two-player strategy game?

65. Charles Goodnight invented what portable kitchen for Old West cattlemen?

66. What Lombardy town about 15 miles northeast of Milan is famous as the home of the moldy blue cheese that bears its name?

67. Since 1995, NYC’s annual Met gala has been scheduled for the first Monday of what month?

68. Of the original metal tokens included with Monopoly, which was closest in size to the real-life item it depicted?

69. Powerade is a brand owned by what multinational company?

70. In Yogi Bear, what is the name of the park ranger?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
NO

61. NO IDEA
62. HICCUPS
63. GOOD MORNING AMERICA?
64. CHESS
65. CHUCKWAGON
66. ROQUEFORT?
67. JUNE?
68. THEMBLE?
69. NO IDEA
7O. RANGER RICK?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, October 13, 2023 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
61.White Castle
62.Hiccups
63.Today Show?
65.camp fire stove
66.Roquefort a cheese I hate
67.May?
68.Thimble
69.P&G - Proctor and Gamble
70. Ranger Smith

Ty for doing this Granny Trivia

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
pass - out of time

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

61. I didn't know those restaurants were even still around. There used to be one in San Antonio, but I never went there. It was Medieval something or other.

62. sneezing

63. 60 Minutes

64. chess

65. chuck wagon

66. Grogonzola

67. September

68. thimble

69. Gatorade

70. Ranger Brown

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday! I am glad you found some time this morning, Juju.

Answers:

61. What restaurant chain with ten “castles” in North America can be reached by calling 1-888-WE-JOUST? Medieval Times (You were in the right place, Juju)

62. From 1922 to 1990, an extremely long bout of what plagued Iowa man Charles Osborne? hiccups

63. The day after their coronation, the King and Queen of England made a surprise appearance on what U.S. TV show? American Idol

64. If an “English opening” is followed by a “reversed Sicilian defense”, you’re most likely playing what two-player strategy game? chess

65. Charles Goodnight invented what portable kitchen for Old West cattlemen? chuck wagon

66. What Lombardy town about 15 miles northeast of Milan is famous as the home of the moldy blue cheese that bears its name? Gorgonzola (WTG Juju)

67. Since 1995, NYC’s annual Met gala has been scheduled for the first Monday of what month? May (WTG Dean)

68. Of the original metal tokens included with Monopoly, which was closest in size to the real-life item it depicted? thimble

69. Powerade is a brand owned by what multinational company? Coca Cola

70. In Yogi Bear, what is the name of the park ranger? Ranger Smith (WTG Dean)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. How many stars are in the Big Dipper?

72. What animal is on Levi's logo?

73. Who is believed to be the model for the “Mona Lisa”?

74. What is the name of the candy that’s a fizzy, tangy powder, and is consumed by dipping a candy stick?

75. King Richard the lll’s remains were found buried underneath a: Carpark, oak tree, barn or statue?

76. Rock stars Van Halen allegedly banned what color M&Ms from being backstage at their concerts?

77. The Summer Palace - Yíhéyuán - is in which Chinese city?

78. Barbie's boyfriend Ken goes by what surname?

79. Cab, as in taxi, is short for which word?

80. Which actor played the titular character, Beetlejuice?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 14, 2023 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
71. SEVEN STARS
72. HORSE
73. DON'T REMEMBER
74. TWIZZLERS ?
75. CARPARK
76. NO IDEA
77. BEIJING
78. NO IDEA
79. CABRIOLET
80. ONE OF MY FAVE MOVIES...MICHAEL KEATON