TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 29, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through September 29, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. What breakfast dish—originally made with bacon and toast—is said to be named for a Wall Street broker who went to the Waldorf Hotel in 1894 looking for a fatty dish to cure his hangover?

92. The first Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was held in 1938, but it wasn’t named after Sturgis back then. Instead, it was named after what nearby South Dakota landform?

93. Where is popular musical Mamma Mia! set?

94. The Gods punished Prometheus for stealing what from Olympus and giving it to mankind?

95. Which cell phone company made the first commercially successful car radio?

96. Which type of weapon might be recurve, long, or compound?

97. How many US battleships sank in the attack on Pearl Harbor?

98. Founded in 705 AD, where is the world's oldest hotel?

99. A coney is what sort of animal?

100. Who plays the astronaut trapped on Mars in the film “The Martian”?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. EGGS BENEDICT
92. BLACK HILLS?
93. GREEK ISLAND
94. FIRE?
95. MOTOROLA
96. BOW
97. 4 SANK
98. INTERESTING
99. RABBIT
100. MATT DAMON

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
cant remember why I did not do yesterday
91.Eggs Benedict -love it with peameal bacon or smoked salmon
93.Greece -on an island
95.Motorola -had this a few years ago
96.knife
97.total guess 6?
98.Egypt?
100.Matt Damon

Hope you are feeling better , sending negative vibes your way,Granny trivia!!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
cant remember why I did not do yesterday
91.Eggs Benedict -love it with peameal bacon or smoked salmon
93.Greece -on an island
95.Motorola -had this a few years ago
96.knife
97.total guess 6?
98.Egypt?
100.Matt Damon

Hope you are feeling better , sending negative vibes your way,Granny trivia!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Eggs Benedict

92. Black Hills - Bigdog went there on a camping honeymoon with his first wife, bwahahahaha!!

93. dunno, have not seen it

94. fire

95. Motorola - the name is also the answer in a combination of other languages

96. knife

97. 4

98. Babylon, no idea

99. Well, in Spanish, the word for rabbit, is conejo - so rabbit. - Mamie, if you have never read Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I read his short stories in Spanish my senior year of college (1970), when I lived with four other girls in a rented house off campus, and they were begging me at our communal dinner to tell them the latest story I had read for my next class. "Los Conejitos" and "Funes, el Memorioso", stick in my mind, but they were all good. I do not remember the plot of Los Conejitos, but I will never forget the plot of Funes, el Memorioso, which you will laugh out loud at if you do go read it.

100. Matt Damon

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

91. What breakfast dish—originally made with bacon and toast—is said to be named for a Wall Street broker who went to the Waldorf Hotel in 1894 looking for a fatty dish to cure his hangover? eggs benedict

92. The first Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was held in 1938, but it wasn’t named after Sturgis back then. Instead, it was named after what nearby South Dakota landform? the Black Hills

93. Where is popular musical Mamma Mia! set? Greece

94. The Gods punished Prometheus for stealing what from Olympus and giving it to mankind? fire

95. Which cell phone company made the first commercially successful car radio? Motorola

96. Which type of weapon might be recurve, long, or compound? bow (WTG OG)

97. How many US battleships sank in the attack on Pearl Harbor? 4

98. Founded in 705 AD, where is the world's oldest hotel? Japan

99. A coney is what sort of animal? rabbit (I have read him, Juju. Love in the Time of Cholera and 100 Years of Solitude. I haven't read any of his short stories though)

100. Who plays the astronaut trapped on Mars in the film “The Martian”? Matt Damon

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. What language—which currently has about 9 million speakers worldwide—was effectively dormant as a spoken language by the year 200 CE, and didn’t resurface until the 1800s?

2. At about 35 feet underwater, what two colors can no longer be seen?

3. Martha Stewart served time in a minimum-security West Virginia prison that is now known by what nickname: Camp Cupcake, Monetary Confinement or the Glamour Slammer?

4. Used in an iconic scene from “Risky Business”, what Detroit artist released the hit song “Old Time Rock and Roll”?

5. How many months have 31 days?

6. Opening its first factory in 1946, what brand’s name is Italian for “meat-based pasta sauce”?

7. Measuring 2.5 miles, What European country has the shortest coastline in the world?

8. Panhead, Shovelhead and Knucklehead are names of what essential part of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle?

9. The first immigrant processed at Ellis Island was Annie Moore, a teenage girl from what country?

10. Not to be confused with the Mercedes-Benz logo, the peace symbol has how many lines touching the lower half of the circle?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. HEBREW
2. GREEN AND BLUE
3. CAMP CUPCAKE
4. NOW I KNOW
5. 7 MONTHS
6. RAGU
7. MONACO
8. MOTOR?
9. IRELAND
10. 3 LINES

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oopsie, Mamie, the short story author I and my college friends loved so much was Jorge Luis Borges.

The other guy, Cien Anos de Soledad, 100 Years of Solitude, was so arduous a read in Spanish, that I didn't get much out of it other than almost everybody in the book was named Aureliano Buendia, and they all had a redundant caudillo, or tail, as a result of evolution. I tried to read it once in English, but I had such bad memories of trying to read it in Spanish that I just couldn't tackle it. To this day, I still do not know what the book was about.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Running out of time tonight, after being on the road for a mere 8 days, but still not unpacked.

3. I don't know what the nickname of it is, but one of the very first female criminals I arrested as a federal agent got sent to Alderson Federal Prison in WV.

4. Bob Seeger, danced to Old Time Rock and Roll at the wedding we attended this past Saturday in Chicago. I did not fall over backwards.

5. 8

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Greek
2.Blue and green
3.Camp Cupcake
6.Ragu
7.Monaco -I slept in a tent nearby on a beach at Cap D'Ail

8.Harley Davidson were cl;ients of mine laterly -no clue
9.Ireland

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Greek
2.Blue and green
3.Camp Cupcake
6.Ragu
7.Monaco -I slept in a tent nearby on a beach at Cap D'Ail

8.Harley Davidson were cl;ients of mine laterly -no clue
9.Ireland

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

1. What language—which currently has about 9 million speakers worldwide—was effectively dormant as a spoken language by the year 200 CE, and didn’t resurface until the 1800s? Hebrew (WTG OG)

2. At about 35 feet underwater, what two colors can no longer be seen? red and yellow

3. Martha Stewart served time in a minimum-security West Virginia prison that is now known by what nickname: Camp Cupcake, Monetary Confinement or the Glamour Slammer? Camp Cupcake

4. Used in an iconic scene from “Risky Business”, what Detroit artist released the hit song “Old Time Rock and Roll”? Bob Seger (WTG Juju)

5. How many months have 31 days? 7

6. Opening its first factory in 1946, what brand’s name is Italian for “meat-based pasta sauce”? Ragu

7. Measuring 2.5 miles, What European country has the shortest coastline in the world? Monaco

8. Panhead, Shovelhead and Knucklehead are names of what essential part of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle? engine (WTG OG)

9. The first immigrant processed at Ellis Island was Annie Moore, a teenage girl from what country? Ireland

10. Not to be confused with the Mercedes-Benz logo, the peace symbol has how many lines touching the lower half of the circle? 3 (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. Not only the first EGOT, Richard Rogers was the first PEGOT, earning what “P” honor for composing “South Pacific”?

12. A title often applied to lawyers, what men’s magazine won a U.S. Supreme Court case regarding its mailing rate privileges?

13. Each year, the people of San Juan Capistrano celebrate the October departure and March return of what birds?

14. In the Paralympic Games, what is the term for the springy, carbon-fiber lower limbs used by world class amputee runners?

15. Seating an estimated 250,000 spectators, what ancient Roman hippodrome was one of the largest sports arenas ever built?

16. An Arthurian legend from the Middle Ages, Sir Gawain is pitted against a knight of what color?

17. The canopy under which a bride and groom stand during a Jewish wedding ceremony is known as what?

18. What Western European country accounts for around 50% of the world’s production of Cork?

19. Big Major Cay is an island in the Bahamas where tourists can go and swim with what inhabitants?

20. McDonald’s installed a 23,000 lb. bronze sculpture of what food item in Rapid City, South Dakota, where they eat the most per capita: Quarter Pounder, Fries or Big Mac

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. INTERESTING
12. ESQUIRE
13. SWALLOWS
14. BLADES
15. NOW I KNOW
16. BLACK KNIGHT?
17. HOOPA...SP?
18. OAK?
19. LOL!
20. QUARTER POUNDER

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.producer?
12.Esquire
13.swallows
14.forum?
16.black?
18.Scotland?
19.dolphins?
20.Big Mac?

We have a 24 hours MCDonalds across the street which we go to about once a year . In Denver airport when connecting ate food from one there -lol

All better Granny Trivia or still tired?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. I have no idea how to understand this clue.

12. Esquire

13. swallows, have been to the church where the swallows return

14. blades

15. Circus Maximus, didn't quite get there when we visited Rome, but were close

16. black

17. No idea, maybe shiva

18. Portugal

19. stingrays - we have done that in Bora Bora, although I thing they were manta rays, but same family

20. Oh, let's go with Big Mac

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! Dean, thanks for asking, I still am trying to get my energy back but better. Tested negative twice and so did Kelly so we can venture out into the world.

Answers:

11. Not only the first EGOT, Richard Rogers was the first PEGOT, earning what “P” honor for composing “South Pacific”? Pulitzer

12. A title often applied to lawyers, what men’s magazine won a U.S. Supreme Court case regarding its mailing rate privileges? Esquire

13. Each year, the people of San Juan Capistrano celebrate the October departure and March return of what birds? swallows

14. In the Paralympic Games, what is the term for the springy, carbon-fiber lower limbs used by world class amputee runners? blades

15. Seating an estimated 250,000 spectators, what ancient Roman hippodrome was one of the largest sports arenas ever built? Circus Maximus (WTG Juju)

16. An Arthurian legend from the Middle Ages, Sir Gawain is pitted against a knight of what color? green

17. The canopy under which a bride and groom stand during a Jewish wedding ceremony is known as what? chuppah (WTG OG)

18. What Western European country accounts for around 50% of the world’s production of Cork? Portugal (WTG Juju)

19. Big Major Cay is an island in the Bahamas where tourists can go and swim with what inhabitants? pigs

20. McDonald’s installed a 23,000 lb. bronze sculpture of what food item in Rapid City, South Dakota, where they eat the most per capita: Quarter Pounder, Fries or Big Mac Quarter Pounder (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. At what speed does a seven-inch record generally revolve?

22. What two of Disney’s Seven Dwarfs have names that don’t end in a “Y"?

23. In 2015, what dinosaur genus was reinstated after scientists deemed it sufficiently different from apatosaurus?

24. Featuring hits like “Big Girls Don’t Cry”, the Broadway musical “Jersey Boys” tells the story of what rock & roll group?

25. Flaming Hot and Purple Thunder are flavors of what popular soft drink?

26. T.S. Elliott’s poem, “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”, the speaker asks, “Do I dare eat” what fruit?

27. Is the Coriolis effect - the way water drains - strongest at the Earth’s poles or at the equator?

28. HSBC stands for Hong Kong and "Where" Banking Corporation?

29. What popular antihistamine brand can reduce hives?

30. Despite its name, the Colorado Desert is actually in what U.S. state?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 29, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. 45 RPM
22. DOC AND BASHFUL
23. N0 IDEA
24. THE FOUR SEASONS
25. NO IDEA
26. NO IDEA
27. POLES?
28. NO IDEA
29. CLARITIN
30. NOW I KNOW