TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through September 26, 2023 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
42. Bob Newhart
43.Silicon
45.Malta
46.west?
47.Africa
48.Athens?
49.Peel

Hoping you are 100% now Granny Trivia

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

41. I had strep throat a couple dozen times at that age and older, and it was always scary, but penicillin was always a wonder drug. Only thing I can think of is scarlet fever, but that is probably not right.

42. Bob Newhart

43. I both speak Spanish AND lived 5 years in San Francisco, but this one is just not coming.

44. the zoo

45. Sicily

46. work

47. Africa

48. Tokyo

49. Peele, or Peal, or Peel

50. I may actually know this one, but it is not coming.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! So it's not just a cold. I tested positive for Covid. I feel okay. Last night, I didn't cough as much so maybe I am on the upswing. I do feel tired and I know from last time, that takes a while. Kelly tested negative so far, thank goodness. So what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas!

Answers:

41. What disease, which often follows strep throat, generally affects children between age 5 and 15, and is named for its characteristic strawberry-colored rash? Scarlet Fever

42. Dr. Bob Hartley, Dick Loudon, Bob McKay, and George Stoody are all sitcom characters played by what comedian, who celebrated his 94th birthday earlier this month? Bob Newhart

43. What California valley shares its name—which might translate to “valley of the moon” or “earth village,” depending on your source—with half of a San Francisco-based home goods retailer? Sonoma

44. According to the Simon & Garfunkel song, "it's all happening" at the what? zoo

45. By area, what is the largest island in the Mediterranean? Sicily

46. What does the W in NSFW stand for? work (WTG Juju)

47. Meerkats are natives of which continent? Africa

48. After Paris holds the 2024 Summer Olympics, it will be one of two cities that have hosted the event three times - what is the other? London (WTG OG)

49. The character in UK TV show The Avengers played by Diana Rigg was Emma "Who"? Peel

50. Which cartoon character has a hamster sidekick named Penfold? Danger Mouse

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. The word that is used most often in the English language is “the.” But it’s not the most common word in the King James Bible. What other three-letter word is?

52. The current “Lightning Capital of the U.S.” is an unincorporated community known as Four Corners. It's located in the state that experiences the most lightning strikes per square kilometer, due to its proximity to large bodies of water. In which state will you find Four Corners?

53. During which season do Americans most often suffer heart attacks?

54. A 2014 survey by a London mathematician asked people to name their favorite number. Nearly 10 percent of the 44,000 respondents answered what number?

55. Do filibusters occur most often in the U.S. Senate or the U.S. House of Representatives?

56. The current oldest verified person in the world at 116 - Maria Branyas - lives in which country?

57. In an alphabetical listing of UN recognized nations, which country comes just before Australia?

58. Mary Westmacott was a pseudonym by which author?

59. Where on the human body would you find the anterior cruciate ligament?

60. A "whelk" is a kind of what?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51. THY?
52. FLORIDA
53. SUMMER
54. 7
55. SENATE
56. I HAVE FORGOTTEN...SPAIN
57. AUSTRIA
58. AGATHA CHRISTIE
59. KNEE
60. MOLLUSK

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, September 22, 2023 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
52.Florida
53.winter
55.Senate
56.Portugal?
57.Austria
58.Agatha Christie
59.knee?
Porr you Granny Trivia, when I had it in December I was phelgming a lot. Rub Vicks vapor rub on your feet , put socks on for a better sleep at night with less coughing.
If you need me to step in let me know. Get better soon.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday! Dean, I am not really coughing too much now. It is pretty much just fatigue and body aches. Kelly tested positive so now I have him being sick so I pretty much have to carry on.

Answers:

51. The word that is used most often in the English language is “the.” But it’s not the most common word in the King James Bible. What other three-letter word is? and

52. The current “Lightning Capital of the U.S.” is an unincorporated community known as Four Corners. It's located in the state that experiences the most lightning strikes per square kilometer, due to its proximity to large bodies of water. In which state will you find Four Corners? Florida

53. During which season do Americans most often suffer heart attacks? winter (WTG Dean)

54. A 2014 survey by a London mathematician asked people to name their favorite number. Nearly 10 percent of the 44,000 respondents answered what number? 7 (WTG OG)

55. Do filibusters occur most often in the U.S. Senate or the U.S. House of Representatives? Senate (not allowed in Congress)

56. The current oldest verified person in the world at 116 - Maria Branyas - lives in which country? Spain (WTG OG)

57. In an alphabetical listing of UN recognized nations, which country comes just before Australia? Armenia

58. Mary Westmacott was a pseudonym by which author? Agatha Christie

59. Where on the human body would you find the anterior cruciate ligament? knee

60. A "whelk" is a kind of what? sea snail

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

61. Is the snack fruit "Craisins" made from cranberries or raisins - or maybe it's both ... or neither!?

62. How many years was the original Star Trek USS Enterprise mission tasked with to "boldly go where no man has gone before"?

63. Kiwi Phil Keoghan missed out on hosting which reality TV series just before being given a gig hosting The Amazing Race?

64. What is Michelangelo's David holding in his left hand?

65. What triggers tree leaves to begin changing color in the fall?

66. “Chopped” airs on what network?

67. Which airline was the first to offer regular international flights?

68. Kodak was founded in which city in upstate New York?

69. What are the largest living rodents in the world?

70. What are “the doldrums” at sea?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
61. CRANBERRIES
62. 5 YEARS
63. SURVIVOR...NEW SEASON FOR BOTH STARTS IN A FEW DAYS
64. SLING SO HE CAN KILL GOLIATH
65. NO NEW CHLOROPHYLL
66. NEVER HEARD OF IT
67. PAN AM
68. NO IDEA
69. CAPYBARA...ONE OF MY FAVES
70. NO WIND TO PUSH SAILING SHIPS

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
61.both?
62.too many - never watched it 7 is my guess
63.Surviour ? Saw 3 too many episodes of it
64 slingshot
66.Food Network
67.BAOC or now BA
68.Rochester
69.Capybarra?
See them in our High Park zoo ,they escaped a few years ago
70. Lack or little wind

Glad it is not the bad kind of covid , although all will tire you out. Met an ex coworker who had long covid for about a year. Speedy recovery to you both

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 24, 2023 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

61. Is the snack fruit "Craisins" made from cranberries or raisins - or maybe it's both ... or neither!? cranberries (WTG OG)

62. How many years was the original Star Trek USS Enterprise mission tasked with to "boldly go where no man has gone before"? 5 (WTG OG)

63. Kiwi Phil Keoghan missed out on hosting which reality TV series just before being given a gig hosting The Amazing Race? Survivor

64. What is Michelangelo's David holding in his left hand? a sling

65. What triggers tree leaves to begin changing color in the fall? decrease in sunlight

66. “Chopped” airs on what network? Food Network (WTG Dean)

67. Which airline was the first to offer regular international flights? Pan Am (WTG OG)

68. Kodak was founded in which city in upstate New York? Rochester (WTG Dean)

69. What are the largest living rodents in the world? capybaras

70. What are “the doldrums” at sea? windless waters

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 24, 2023 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. What was the nickname of Maria Ann Smith, who cultivated a new variety of green apple on her Australian farm in the 1860s?

72. Gaborone is the capital of which African country?

73. What U.S. state is split into an Upper Peninsula and a Lower Peninsula?

74. What sensory organ do starfish have at the end of each arm?

75. What character did actor George Lindsey play on "The Andy Griffith Show"?

76. In the TV series "Leave It To Beaver", what was Wally's best friend's name?

77. Who is painter Pablo Diego Jose Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Cipriano de la Santisima Trinidad better known as?

78. What important sensory organ do earthworms lack?

79. What is the fruit of the rose?

80. Which of the lungs is the larger of the two in humans: left or right?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, September 24, 2023 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
71. GRANNY SMITH?
72. BOTSWANA...READ THE BOOKS
73. MICHIGAN?
74. EYE
75. GOOBER PYLE
76. SLIMEY EDDIE HASKILL
77. PICASSO
78. EYES?
79. HIP
80. RIGHT

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, September 24, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
71.Granny Smith
73.Minnesota
76.Eddie Haskill
77.Picasdo
80.right

Any better?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 24, 2023 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. Granny Smith

72. Botswana

73. Michigan

74. eye

75. Goober Pyle

76. The ever so unctuous Eddie Haskell

77. Pablo Picasso

78. guessing it is going to be either eyes or ears, and it is kind of a toss-up, but I will go with eyes

79. the rose hip

80. let's go with right, since the heart sits a bit left.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday! Congrats to OG and Juju on a perfect score!

Answers:

71. What was the nickname of Maria Ann Smith, who cultivated a new variety of green apple on her Australian farm in the 1860s? Granny

72. Gaborone is the capital of which African country? Botswana

73. What U.S. state is split into an Upper Peninsula and a Lower Peninsula? Michigan

74. What sensory organ do starfish have at the end of each arm? eye

75. What character did actor George Lindsey play on "The Andy Griffith Show"? Goober Pyle

76. In the TV series "Leave It To Beaver", what was Wally's best friend's name? Eddie Haskell (You look lovely today, Mrs. Juju)

77. Who is painter Pablo Diego Jose Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Cipriano de la Santisima Trinidad better known as? Picasso

78. What important sensory organ do earthworms lack? eyes

79. What is the fruit of the rose? the rose hip

80. Which of the lungs is the larger of the two in humans: left or right? right

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. What fruit was cultivated for hundreds of years almost entirely for hydration purposes rather than to just be eaten as it is today?

82. The "300" warriors in the graphic novel and then film adaptation of the same name were from which ancient Greek city-state?

83. How many degrees can an owl turn its head?

84. Benjamin Franklin was born in which city in 1706?

85. What former MTV VJ hosts “The Voice”?

86. What was the first billion-dollar corporation in America?

87. Pickleback shots feature what spirit?

88. Before terrorizing a psychiatric hospital, where did Nurse Ratched work?

89. How many of the seven dwarves have beards?

90. In "Farmer in the Dell" what did the cat take?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. INTERESTING
82. SPARTA
83. 360?
84. BOSTON
85. NO IDEA
86. NOW I KNOW
87. HUH?
88. DON'T REMEMBER...LOVED LOUISE FLETCHER
89. 6 BEARDS...ALL BUT DOPEY
90. RAT?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 25, 2023 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. Watermelon

82. I know NOTHING about graphic novels, but surely Sparta is the answer.

83. 180, Bigdog and I are Birders

84. good question, because it could also not be in the USA, but will go with Boston

85. dunno

86. dunno

87. vodka

88. dunno

89. 6

90. mouse, only because we sometimes play this children's game in water aerobics in Texas

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

81. What fruit was cultivated for hundreds of years almost entirely for hydration purposes rather than to just be eaten as it is today? watermelon (WTG Juju)

82. The "300" warriors in the graphic novel and then film adaptation of the same name were from which ancient Greek city-state? Sparta

83. How many degrees can an owl turn its head? 270

84. Benjamin Franklin was born in which city in 1706? Boston

85. What former MTV VJ hosts “The Voice”? Carson Daly

86. What was the first billion-dollar corporation in America? US Steel

87. Pickleback shots feature what spirit? whiskey

88. Before terrorizing a psychiatric hospital, where did Nurse Ratched work? the army

89. How many of the seven dwarves have beards? 6

90. In "Farmer in the Dell" what did the cat take? the rat (WTG OG)