TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through September 21, 2023 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

1. NUMERATOR AND DENOMINATOR
2. HYDROGEN
3. 'THEY PAVED PARADISE AND PUT UP A PARKING LOT' JONI MITCHELL
4. EVERY 4 YEARS
5. I LOVE LUCY
6. VERY TIRED
7. NO IDEA
8. HIP
9. HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT.
10.NO IDEA
}}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.What are the two numbers that make up a fraction?-yes numerator and denominator -wtg both

2.What is most common scientific element in the universe?-yes hydrogen -wtg both
3.What influential singer -songwriter was born Roberta Joan Anderson in Alberta in 1943 and not on some paved over parking lot?-yes Joni Mitchell -my old office building had a great grassy area with picnic tables -now a parking lot -wtg both

4.What years are there 28 days in February ?-EVERY year has 28 days in February -leap year has an extra one with 29 days
5.In 1952 what was the top rated TV show?-yes I Love Lucy -wtg OG

6.In British slang, what does the term "knackered" mean?-yes very tired -wtg both

7.A 1984 SCI FI movie had the subtitle is "The year we make contact"? 2010

8.Where are the body's ilium and ischium bones located ?

9.What Canadian band had a big hit "Taking Care of Business" BTO is the initials ?-yes Bachman-Turner Overdrive

10.If you have just flown to AKL , what country have you flown to ?-Aukland -Juju you have not to been to New Zealand? We visited an island about 10-15 minute ferry ride from Aukland where my Mom had an ex school mate living there from North Vancouver

Thanks for playing -Granny Trivia will be back later today

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
}Good morning and happy Monday! I am back! Thanks so much, Dean. I appreciate you. We had such a good time. The wedding was lovely. Barry Manilow was amazing! The man is 80 and he's still got it! I got to ride the gondola at the Venetian so I was a happy camper. Onto business.....

New set and good luck!

11. Former evening news anchor Connie Chung is married to what former daytime TV talk show host?

12. What ancient city, which has existed for more than 3,000 years on the Euphrates River, is known as the “City of Mosques”?

13. The zodiac sign Pisces covers which two months?

14. Costa Rica shares a land border with Nicaragua and which other country?

15. Which famous sci-fi film series started with "Episode 4 - A New Hope"?

16. What is the part of the stage in a theatre that projects out into the audience known as?

17. Which insect produces milk more nutritious than a cow's?

18. Tahitian, freshwater and saltwater are types of what?

19. Mrs. Darling hid what "possession" of Peter Pan's in a drawer in the Darling household?

20. A lion’s roar can be heard from up to approximately how many kms away: 5, 8 , 10 or 12?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, September 18, 2023 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.Maury Povlich
12.Istanbul?
13.February and March
13.Guatamela
17.wasps?
18.fish
20.10 kms?
I will ask you if you are sleeping a tent with other tents nearby and an electric fence surrounding the tents and you are in Africa. Would a lion's roar prevent you from sleeping Granny Trivia? A friend had that.

Glad you had a good Vegas vacation and wedding

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

11. MAURY POVICH
12. NOW I KNOW
13. NO IDEA
14. PANAMA
15. STAR WARS
16. PROSCENIUM?
17. NO THANKS...YUCK!
18. PEARLS
19. SHADOW
20. 8?
}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday! I brought back a nice shirt from the Manilow show, some lovely wine stoppers from the wedding and a cold. I was up coughing and blowing my nose all night. Fun times.

Answers:

11. Former evening news anchor Connie Chung is married to what former daytime TV talk show host? Maury Povich

12. What ancient city, which has existed for more than 3,000 years on the Euphrates River, is known as the “City of Mosques”? Fallujah

13. The zodiac sign Pisces covers which two months? February and March (WTG Dean)

14. Costa Rica shares a land border with Nicaragua and which other country? Panama (WTG OG)

15. Which famous sci-fi film series started with "Episode 4 - A New Hope"? Star Wars (WTG OG)

16. What is the part of the stage in a theatre that projects out into the audience known as? apron

17. Which insect produces milk more nutritious than a cow's? cockroach (which is so gross to even think of)

18. Tahitian, freshwater and saltwater are types of what? pearls (WTG OG)

19. Mrs. Darling hid what "possession" of Peter Pan's in a drawer in the Darling household? shadow (WTG OG)

20. A lion’s roar can be heard from up to approximately how many kms away: 5, 8 , 10 or 12? 8 (WTG OG) (And yes Dean, I would not sleep a wink!)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. What Baseball Hall of Famer — the last MLB player to hit over .400 in a single season — had his remains cryogenically preserved following his death in 2002?

22. Sidney Poitier was the first Black actor to win the Academy Award for “Best Actor,” for the 1963 film “Lilies of the Field.” Denzel Washington was the second, for what 2001 movie?

23. From which fairytale does the proclamation "Fee-fi-fo-fum" come?

24. "Featherie" and "guttie" are both early types of which common sporting ball?

25. Where is Ben Gunn marooned in Robert Louis Stevenson's novel, Treasure Island?

26. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands?

27. From what culture did Claddagh rings originate?

28. “Rich Girl” and “Maneater” are songs by what pop-rock duo?

29. Pickles are a key ingredient in what city’s hot dog style?

30. Ham is taken from what part of a pig?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Hope you are okay Granny Trivia -my nephew a year and a quarter ago got covid in Vegas or on the flights . Nice bundle you brought back. \green
21.Hank Aaron?
22.Training Day?
23.Jack and the Beanstalk
26.Tenerife
27.Ireland?
28.Hall and Oates
29.Chicago?
30.belly?

}}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Hope you are okay Granny Trivia -my nephew a year and a quarter ago got covid in Vegas or on the flights . Nice bundle you brought back. \green
21.Hank Aaron?
22.Training Day?
23.Jack and the Beanstalk
26.Tenerife
27.Ireland?
28.Hall and Oates
29.Chicago?
30.belly?

}}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. Ted Williams, says Bigdog

22. Training Day

23. Jack and the beanstalk

24. soccer ball

25. Treasure Island

26. Tenerife, have been there

27. Celtic

28. Hall and Oates

29. Chicago

30. rear leg

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER, PLEASE.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

21. NO IDEA
22. GLORY
23. JACK AND THE BEANSTALK
24. NOW I KNOW
25. NO IDEA
26. TENERIFE
27. IRISH
28. HALL AND OATES SAYS DD
29. NOW I KNOW
30. BACK LEG

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday! Dean, a friend told me it's called the Vegas Crud and I believe it. I feel cruddy.

Answers:

21. What Baseball Hall of Famer — the last MLB player to hit over .400 in a single season — had his remains cryogenically preserved following his death in 2002? Ted Williams (WTG Juju)

22. Sidney Poitier was the first Black actor to win the Academy Award for “Best Actor,” for the 1963 film “Lilies of the Field.” Denzel Washington was the second, for what 2001 movie? Training Day

23. From which fairytale does the proclamation "Fee-fi-fo-fum" come? Jack and the beanstalk

24. "Featherie" and "guttie" are both early types of which common sporting ball? golf

25. Where is Ben Gunn marooned in Robert Louis Stevenson's novel, Treasure Island? Skeleton Island

26. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands? Tenerife

27. From what culture did Claddagh rings originate? Irish

28. “Rich Girl” and “Maneater” are songs by what pop-rock duo? Hall and Oates

29. Pickles are a key ingredient in what city’s hot dog style? Chicago

30. Ham is taken from what part of a pig? hind leg

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. “The Barbary Coast” was a geographic term commonly used until the 19th century to describe the northern region of what continent?

32. The Greek word for “thanksgiving” appears several times in the New Testament, always referring to what Christian rite, which was first performed at the Last Supper?

33. Shemp Howard, Joe Besser, and Joe De Rita were a few replacement members of what iconic comedy group that saw its start in the vaudeville era and continued into the 1970s?

34. What is Samuel L. Jackson's middle name?

35. According to the Bible, the Qur'an and the Torah, who was the firstborn son of Adam and Eve?

36. What day of the week was September 11, 2001?

37. The metropolitan area of what city accounts for more than half of the population of Alaska?

38. What sort of animal is a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

39. The Galápagos Islands are located 605 miles west of what country?

40. What were the first names of The Everly Brothers?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
33.Thtee Stooges
36.Lincoln
36.Tuesday?
37.Fairbanks
38.dog
39.Ecuador
40.Tom ,Richard

Be 100% soon

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

31. AFRICA
32. COMMUNION
33. THE THREE STOOGES
34. LEE?
35. CAIN
36. I'M ASHAMED I DON'T REMEMBER
37. ANCHORAGE
38. DOG
39. ECUADOR
40. PHIL AND DON

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. Africa

32. Communion

33. The Three Stooges

34. Leroy

35. Cain

36. Tuesday

37. Anchorage, have spent a couple nights there.

38. dog

39. Ecuador - have been there twice, spent the night there in Guayaquil before departing for the Galapagos the next day.

40. Don and Phil

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday! Congrats on a perfect score, Juju!

Answers:

31. “The Barbary Coast” was a geographic term commonly used until the 19th century to describe the northern region of what continent? Africa

32. The Greek word for “thanksgiving” appears several times in the New Testament, always referring to what Christian rite, which was first performed at the Last Supper? communion

33. Shemp Howard, Joe Besser, and Joe De Rita were a few replacement members of what iconic comedy group that saw its start in the vaudeville era and continued into the 1970s? Three Stooges

34. What is Samuel L. Jackson's middle name? Leroy (WTG Juju)

35. According to the Bible, the Qur'an and the Torah, who was the firstborn son of Adam and Eve? Cain

36. What day of the week was September 11, 2001? Tuesday

37. The metropolitan area of what city accounts for more than half of the population of Alaska? Anchorage

38. What sort of animal is a Rhodesian Ridgeback? dog

39. The Galápagos Islands are located 605 miles west of what country? Ecuador

40. What were the first names of The Everly Brothers? Don and Phil

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. What disease, which often follows strep throat, generally affects children between age 5 and 15, and is named for its characteristic strawberry-colored rash?

42. Dr. Bob Hartley, Dick Loudon, Bob McKay, and George Stoody are all sitcom characters played by what comedian, who celebrated his 94th birthday earlier this month?

43. What California valley shares its name—which might translate to “valley of the moon” or “earth village,” depending on your source—with half of a San Francisco-based home goods retailer?

44. According to the Simon & Garfunkel song, "it's all happening" at the what?

45. By area, what is the largest island in the Mediterranean?

46. What does the W in NSFW stand for?

47. Meerkats are natives of which continent?

48. After Paris holds the 2024 Summer Olympics, it will be one of two cities that have hosted the event three times - what is the other?

49. The character in UK TV show The Avengers played by Diana Rigg was Emma "Who"?

50. Which cartoon character has a hamster sidekick named Penfold?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. SCARLET FEVER
42. BOB NEWHART...LOVE HIM
43. NO IDEA
44. THE ZOO
45. SICILY
46. NOW I KNOW
47. AFRICA...LOVE THE LITTLE GUYS
48. LONDON
49. PEEL
50. NO IDEA