TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through August 08, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. According to a 2008 New York Times article, Barack Obama would have lost the 2008 Democratic primary if not for whose endorsement, which by some estimates delivered him more than a million votes?

72. Which is taller: the Gateway Arch in St. Louis or the Great Pyramid of Giza?

73. What chemical element with the atomic number 27 can be used to create a blue pigment?

74. What ancient Greek philosopher died in 399 BC after being sentenced to drinking poison hemlock for corrupting the minds of the youth of Athens, and for impiety?

75. Of the 137 islands of Hawaii, how many are classed as major islands?

76. Worldwide, what is the most widely planted wine grape variety?

77. What does the 'S' in NASCAR stand for?

78. What bird is also known as the South American ostrich?

79. Finish this title of a Longfellow poem: "The Song of ?

80. What dollar figure is the name of this Nestle candy bar?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
71. HILLARY CLINTON
72. PYRAMIDS
73. NO IDEA
74. SOCRATES
75. EIGHT ISLANDS
76. NO IDEA
77. STOCK
78. RHEA
79. NOW I KNOW
80. 100 GRAND BAR

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
71. Clinton
72.Giza
75.9 or nine
76. Pinot
77.stock,?
79. Hawaitha
80.million

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 04, 2023 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. Jimmy Carter

72. I have been to both, of course, and even been up in the St. Louis Arch, which was very, very scary, since my long legs barely fit in the elevator, and I had to hunch down the entire time I was at the top. I will say the great pyramid at Giza, which is right across the street from a bunch of touristy restaurants, one of which we ate lunch at.

73. cyan

74. Socrates

75. 7

76. cabernet sauvignon

77. stock

78. rhea

79. Hiawatha

80. million

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

71. According to a 2008 New York Times article, Barack Obama would have lost the 2008 Democratic primary if not for whose endorsement, which by some estimates delivered him more than a million votes? Oprah Winfrey

72. Which is taller: the Gateway Arch in St. Louis or the Great Pyramid of Giza? Gateway Arch

73. What chemical element with the atomic number 27 can be used to create a blue pigment? cobalt

74. What ancient Greek philosopher died in 399 BC after being sentenced to drinking poison hemlock for corrupting the minds of the youth of Athens, and for impiety? Socrates

75. Of the 137 islands of Hawaii, how many are classed as major islands? 8 (WTG OG)

76. Worldwide, what is the most widely planted wine grape variety? Cabernet Sauvignon (WTG Juju)

77. What does the 'S' in NASCAR stand for? Stock

78. What bird is also known as the South American ostrich? rhea

79. Finish this title of a Longfellow poem: "The Song of ? Hiawatha

80. What dollar figure is the name of this Nestle candy bar? 100 Grand (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. What is a single piece of coiled DNA known as?

82. What is the main language spoken in Switzerland?

83. Which country is known as the Land of the Long White Cloud?

84. Who played T.J. Hooker?

85. Who did Jim Carrey play in the Batman movie franchise?

86. Who set the world record for 100m in 2009 at 9.58 seconds?

87. How many puppies do Pongo and Perdita initially have in 101 Dalmatians?

88. What brand of salad dressings, sauces, cookies, and other packaged foods is named after the man who won a Best Actor Oscar for starring in "The Color of Money?"

89. The first known instance of banning coffee was in a Saudi Arabian holy city in 1511 as the drink was believed to stimulate radical thinking. What was this anti-joe city?

90. Reflecting its headquarters at Love Field in Dallas, as well as an old marketing campaign in which in-flight snacks were called "love bites" and "love potions," LUV is the stock-ticker symbol of what airline?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. HELIX
82. GERMAN
83. CHINA?
84. WILLIAM SHATNER
85. THE RIDDLER
86. USAIN BOLT
87. 5?
88. PAUL NEWMAN
89. NO IDEA
90. SOUTHWEST

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
82.Duestch German
84.William Shanter
85.the Riddler
86.Bolt
88.Paul Newman
90.Southwest

Happy Long weekend here

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 05, 2023 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. dunno, although I might

82. Perhaps English?

83. I think that might be New Zealand, have been there four times but perhaps the first two don't count because I was 7 years old.

84. William Shatner

85. The Joker

86. Usain Bolt

87. 8

88. Paul Newman

89. Mecca

90. Southwest Airlines

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday! Have a great long weekend, Dean.

Answers:

81. What is a single piece of coiled DNA known as? chromosome

82. What is the main language spoken in Switzerland? German

83. Which country is known as the Land of the Long White Cloud? New Zealand (WTG Juju)

84. Who played T.J. Hooker? William Shatner

85. Who did Jim Carrey play in the Batman movie franchise? The Riddler

86. Who set the world record for 100m in 2009 at 9.58 seconds? Usain Bolt

87. How many puppies do Pongo and Perdita initially have in 101 Dalmatians? 15

88. What brand of salad dressings, sauces, cookies, and other packaged foods is named after the man who won a Best Actor Oscar for starring in "The Color of Money?" Newman's Own

89. The first known instance of banning coffee was in a Saudi Arabian holy city in 1511 as the drink was believed to stimulate radical thinking. What was this anti-joe city? Mecca (WTG Juju)

90. Reflecting its headquarters at Love Field in Dallas, as well as an old marketing campaign in which in-flight snacks were called "love bites" and "love potions," LUV is the stock-ticker symbol of what airline? Southwest

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. What is the largest country in Central America by area?

92. Denmark's only land border is with which European country?

93. What 1962 jingle boasted “a wonderful toy” that’s “fun for a girl or boy”?

94. Which famous writer was one of the first people to have a home phone?

95. In the film "Dragnet". who played Sgt. Joe Friday"?

96. What month is the Earth closest to the sun?

97. The typical feature of a gerontocracy is a state governed by the "who"?

98. What US city was the first to host the Olympics?

99. Kay Scarpetta is a character in which author's books?

100. Which Disney World theme park opened in 1982?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91...NOT WHAT I EXPECTED
92. NOW I KNOW
93. SLINKY?
94. MARK TWAIN
95. JACK WEBB
96. NO IDEA...JULY?
97. OLDER PEOPLE
98. NOW I KNOW
99. PATRICIA CORNWELL
100. EPCOT

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Probably Nicaragua, have been there once, will never go there again. It was a scary place politically. Our private guide would only tell us certain things inside the bus, and he watched us like a mother hen when we were outside the bus. There were armed, uniformed "officials" of some sort who suddenly decided to have lunch near us in a public plaza.

92. Germany

93. Slinky - our family was able to afford one

94. Mark Twain

95. Jack Webb

96. January

97. the elders

98. St. Louis - meet me in St. Louis, Louis, meet me at the fair. I have been up in the Gateway Arch, another very scary experience. You went in tiny elevators, not sure how many people, maybe just one and maybe four. But because of my long limbs I barely fit in the compartment, and THEN I was too tall for the chamber at the top, so I had to bend over the entire time I was up there, waaaaaaaaaaay up there. Luckily I was an immortal young adult at the time.

99. Patricia Cornwell

100. Epcot - I flew into Orlando several times before Epcot was built. It was a tiny, quaint, small-town airport, where you climbed stairs and walked across the tarmac to enter and exit the plane.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, August 07, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

91. What is the largest country in Central America by area? Nicaragua (WTG Juju)

92. Denmark's only land border is with which European country? Germany (WTG Juju)

93. What 1962 jingle boasted “a wonderful toy” that’s “fun for a girl or boy”? Slinky

94. Which famous writer was one of the first people to have a home phone? Mark Twain

95. In the film "Dragnet". who played Sgt. Joe Friday"? Dan Akyroyd (the film, not the tv show which you both would have been right)

96. What month is the Earth closest to the sun? January (WTG Juju)

97. The typical feature of a gerontocracy is a state governed by the "who"? elderly

98. What US city was the first to host the Olympics? St. Louis (WTG Juju)

99. Kay Scarpetta is a character in which author's books? Patricia Cornwall

100. Which Disney World theme park opened in 1982? Epcot

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, August 07, 2023 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. What high school tradition was inspired by a character from the “Lil’ Abner” comic strip?

2. How did Coco Chanel's 1921 perfume Chanel No. 5 get its name?

3. What was the first man made insecticide?

4. Criminal term "GBH" stands for "what" bodily harm?

5. In the traditional English dish, bangers and mash, what are bangers?

6. Which musical term means "gradually getting louder"?

7. Which famous revolutionary leader is known as the ‘Hero of the Mexican Revolution’?

8. Which band had a hit with the song ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’?

9. 'Reader, I married him,' is the conclusion of which novel?

10. Which technical term refers to forces resisting the forward movement of an aircraft?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 07, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. SADIE HAWKINS DAY
2. NO IDEA
3. DDT
4. GRIEVOUS
5. SAUSAGE...THE BRITS ARE GREAT SAUSAGE EATERS...YUCK!
6. CRESCENDO
7. PANCHO VILLA
8. NO IDEA
9. JANE EYRE
10. DRAG

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, August 07, 2023 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
5.sausages
8.Bon Jovi

Thanks for the good long weekend wishes-also my other half's 63rd and my nephew and niece in law's 2nd

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 07, 2023 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Out of time tonight, go without me.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday! Well happy birthday to them all!

Answers:

1. What high school tradition was inspired by a character from the “Lil’ Abner” comic strip? Sadie Hawkins dance (WTG OG)

2. How did Coco Chanel's 1921 perfume Chanel No. 5 get its name? It was the fifth sample.

3. What was the first man made insecticide? DDT (WTG OG)

4. Criminal term "GBH" stands for "what" bodily harm? grievous (WTG OG)

5. In the traditional English dish, bangers and mash, what are bangers? sausages

6. Which musical term means "gradually getting louder"? crescendo (WTG OG)

7. Which famous revolutionary leader is known as the ‘Hero of the Mexican Revolution’? Emiliano Zapata

8. Which band had a hit with the song ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’? Bon Jovi (WTG Dean)

9. 'Reader, I married him,' is the conclusion of which novel? Jane Eyre (WTG OG)

10. Which technical term refers to forces resisting the forward movement of an aircraft? drag (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 08, 2023 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. Hoki and swordfish are “deciduous” fish, meaning they are born with, but shed with age, what structures?

12. How many Academy Awards for Best Actor has Daniel Day-Lewis won?

13. What was the name of the famous nightclub in New York City that opened in 1977?

14. What is the French name for a pastry chef?

15. The St Lawrence Seaway linked which Great Lake with the Atlantic?

16. In what country is Stella Artois primarily brewed?

17. What fabric shares its name with a pie made with beaten egg whites?

18. William Shakespeare's shortest play is what?

19. Which farm animal is an omnivore?

20. A classic banana split is topped with how many types of ice cream?