TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 31, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. If you've ever dreamt of having someone show up at your door with a giant check, chances are it's because you’ve seen commercials for the PCH sweepstakes. The “H” stands for “House” — what does the “PC” stand for?

92. “John” and “Thomas” are the first names, respectively, of the theologian and philosopher namesakes of what fictional duo, who debuted in newspapers in 1985?

93. Jarlsberg is a Swiss-type cheese originating from what country?

94. What fruit provides the outer flavor of a classic Creamsicle?

95. What is the bestselling brand of mascara in the U.S.?

96. Shakespeare's "Moor of Venice" is better known as who?

97. According to the song by the Temptations, I've got "what" on a cloudy day?

98. Which 1988 Oscar-winning film starred Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman as Charlie and Raymond Babbit?

99. What are the offspring of a male polar bear and a female grizzly bear called?

100. In which Canadian province would you find Christmas Island?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. PUBLISHERS CLEARING
92. NOW I KNOW
93. NORWAY
94. ORANGE
95. MAYBELLINE
96. OTELLO
97. SUNSHINE
98. RAIN MAN
99. I SEE THERE SEVERAL NAMES
100. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
91.Publishers Clearing
93.Norway
94.orange
95.Maybelline
97.sunshine
99.polgriz
100. Nova Scotia
a guess as I am not sure , never been there

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Publisher's Clearing House, an outfit I spent an enormous amount of time in my career explaining to people why it wasn't illegal.

92. dunno

93. Germany

94. orange

95. Maybelline

96. Othello

97. sunshine

98. Rain Man

99. grizzars

100. That new one, Nunavut

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

91. If you've ever dreamt of having someone show up at your door with a giant check, chances are it's because you’ve seen commercials for the PCH sweepstakes. The “H” stands for “House” — what does the “PC” stand for? Publisher's Clearing

92. “John” and “Thomas” are the first names, respectively, of the theologian and philosopher namesakes of what fictional duo, who debuted in newspapers in 1985? Calvin Hobbes

93. Jarlsberg is a Swiss-type cheese originating from what country? Norway

94. What fruit provides the outer flavor of a classic Creamsicle? orange

95. What is the bestselling brand of mascara in the U.S.? Maybelline

96. Shakespeare's "Moor of Venice" is better known as who? Othello

97. According to the song by the Temptations, I've got "what" on a cloudy day? sunshine

98. Which 1988 Oscar-winning film starred Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman as Charlie and Raymond Babbit? Rain Man

99. What are the offspring of a male polar bear and a female grizzly bear called? Pizzly bear

100. In which Canadian province would you find Christmas Island? Nova Scotia (WTG Dean)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. In 1992, Pepsi introduced a new beverage and marketed it as the first clear cola. What descriptor did they add in front of Pepsi?

2. Yoplait capitalized on the popularity of breakfast cereal in the ’90s by offering a yogurt for kids in wild colors and kid-friendly flavors, modeled after what General Mills cereal?

3. Which actor wrote about his traumatic childhood, his career and his drinking in a book titled "The Extraordinary Life of an Ordinary Man: A Memoir"?

4. What is the first rule of Fight Club?

5. Which country serves as the home of the largest farm in the world?

6. To judge which people or things in a group are bad and which are good is “to separate the wheat from the ...” what?

7. In which country were AC/DC formed?

8. Complete the line from Green Eggs and Ham: 'I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, …'?

9. In the Bible story of David and Goliath, how many stones did David have?

10. Riviera Maya is a popular vacation spot in which country?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. NO IDEA
2. LUCKY CHARMS
3. NO IDEA
4. NO CRYING?
5. CHINA
6. CHAFF
7. NO IDEA
8. SAM I AM
9. 5 STONES
10. MEXICO

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
2.Lucky Charms
3.Larry Hagman?
4.no crying
5.Austraila
6.chaff
7.Austraila
8.Sam I Am
9.4?
10.Mexico

Have a good weekend and today very hot 33oc or 98of

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 28, 2023 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. Well, I thought it was Pepsi Clear, but how about Clear Pepsi?

2. Lucky Charms

3. dunno

4. You don't talk about Fight Club

5. I think it might be Australia if you can call a sheep station a farm, which I suppose one might. I wonder if I have been there? Nah, the one I visited was not all that big.

6. chaff

7. Sweden

8. dunno

9. 3

10. Mexico, have not been to Riviera Maya

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

1. In 1992, Pepsi introduced a new beverage and marketed it as the first clear cola. What descriptor did they add in front of Pepsi? Crystal

2. Yoplait capitalized on the popularity of breakfast cereal in the ’90s by offering a yogurt for kids in wild colors and kid-friendly flavors, modeled after what General Mills cereal? Trix

3. Which actor wrote about his traumatic childhood, his career and his drinking in a book titled "The Extraordinary Life of an Ordinary Man: A Memoir"? Paul Newman

4. What is the first rule of Fight Club? Never talk about Fight Club (WTG Juju)

5. Which country serves as the home of the largest farm in the world? China (WTG OG)

6. To judge which people or things in a group are bad and which are good is “to separate the wheat from the ...” what? chaff

7. In which country were AC/DC formed? Australia (WTG Dean)

8. Complete the line from Green Eggs and Ham: 'I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, …'? Sam-I-Am

9. In the Bible story of David and Goliath, how many stones did David have? 5 (WTG OG)

10. Riviera Maya is a popular vacation spot in which country? Mexico (I am shocked, Juju!)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. While leopards do have spots on their coats, what is the actual term for the clusters of spots on a leopard's fur?

12. How many U.S. Presidents have been the children of former Presidents?

13. Dead, time and cylinder are all types of what?

14. Herpes zoster is more commonly known as what?

15. Which Spanish explorer is credited with discovering Florida?

16. What is the name of the world’s largest bay, located in Canada?

17. Syncope is the medical term for what?

18. How many teaspoons are there in a cup?

19. What are the gases that surround the earth called?

20. What is another name for the prairie wolf?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
12.3?
13.batteries
14.cold sore?
15.Ponce de Leon
16.Hudson Bay
18.16?
20.cant recall its name maybe prairie dog

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 29, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. ROSETTES
12. 2...BUSH AND ADAMS
13. HEADS
14. SHINGLES
15. PONCE DE LEON
16. HUDSON BAY
17. FEELING FAINT...LANDED ME IN THE HOSPITAL ONCE
18. DEPENDS HOW BIG THE CUP IS....LOL
19. ETHER?
20. LOBO?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

11. While leopards do have spots on their coats, what is the actual term for the clusters of spots on a leopard's fur? rosettes (WTG OG)

12. How many U.S. Presidents have been the children of former Presidents? 2 (WTG OG)

13. Dead, time and cylinder are all types of what? locks

14. Herpes zoster is more commonly known as what? shingles (WTG OG)

15. Which Spanish explorer is credited with discovering Florida? Ponce de Leon

16. What is the name of the world’s largest bay, located in Canada? Hudson Bay

17. Syncope is the medical term for what? fainting (WTG OG)

18. How many teaspoons are there in a cup? 48

19. What are the gases that surround the earth called? atmosphere

20. What is another name for the prairie wolf? coyote

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. Which US state operated as its own independent nation for a decade before becoming part of the USA in 1846, triggering a war with Mexico?

22. What bird species is the most common in the world?

23. What band was Kurt Cobain a part of?

24. What 1990 film, directed by Martin Scorsese, follows the rise and fall of mobster Henry Hill?

25. Despite the name, the Spanish riding school is in which European city?

26. Mounties are police officers in which country?

27. The Adventures of David Balfour' is the subtitle of which Robert Louis Stevenson novel?

28. Which branch of math means 'small pebble for counting' in Latin?

29. Cosa Nostra is another name for which organization?

30. Documentary 'Super Size Me' was about which fast food chain?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. TEXAS
22. CHICKENS
23. NIRVANA
24. NO IDEA
25. NOW I KNOW
26. CANADA...LOVED 'DUE SOUTH'
27. NOW I KNOW
28. CALCULUS
29. MAFIA
30. McDONALDS

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Actually Bay of Bengal is the largest I read after I wrote my answer when I googled it
21.Texas
22.Hawk?
23.Nirvana
25.Lisboa?
26.Canada -thanks for all the Canadian questions of late
27.Treasure Island?
30.MCDonalds

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Actually Bay of Bengal is the largest I read after I wrote my answer when I googled it
21.Texas
22.Hawk?
23.Nirvana
25.Lisboa?
26.Canada -thanks for all the Canadian questions of late
27.Treasure Island?
30.MCDonalds

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. Texas

22. gulls? sparrows? Oh wait, it doesn't say wild bird. Therefore it must be chicken, probably also the bird with the shortest average lifespan.

23. Pearl Jam, says Bigdog, who is NOT in bed yet!

24. Goodfellows, says Bigdog
25. Berlin

26. Canada

27. Kidnapped

28. dunno, although I do have a bachelor's degree in mathematics from a top state university

29. Italian Mafia

30. McDonalds

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

21. Which US state operated as its own independent nation for a decade before becoming part of the USA in 1846, triggering a war with Mexico? Texas

22. What bird species is the most common in the world? chicken

23. What band was Kurt Cobain a part of? Nirvana

24. What 1990 film, directed by Martin Scorsese, follows the rise and fall of mobster Henry Hill? Goodfellas (WTG Juju)

25. Despite the name, the Spanish riding school is in which European city? Vienna

26. Mounties are police officers in which country? Canada

27. The Adventures of David Balfour' is the subtitle of which Robert Louis Stevenson novel? Kidnapped (WTG Juju)

28. Which branch of math means 'small pebble for counting' in Latin? calculus (WTG OG)

29. Cosa Nostra is another name for which organization? Mafia

30. Documentary 'Super Size Me' was about which fast food chain? McDonalds