TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 27, 2023 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

51. NO IDEA
52. NOW I KNOW
53. NOW I KNOW
54. ADVANTAGE
55. PACIFIC
56. GERMANY
57. McDONALDS
58. I'M OK...YOU'RE OK
59. DUBAI
60. NO IDEA
}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

51. white leopard

52. Yellow Submarine

53. Tennessee

54. advantage

55. Pacific

56. Germany

57. Probably Ore-Ida

58. I'm Okay, You're Okay

59. Dubai - and I have actually been to the top visitor accessible floor of the Burj Khalifa, because how could I be that close and NOT take an expensive and long excursion to go to the top of the world's tallest building? I learned a lot of interesting things on that excursion, including how much Americans eat compared to the rest of the world. We had an included buffet lunch in Dubai, and they were about out of food by the time we went through the buffet line, and we were roughly middle of the group.

60. Leo

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

51. By what other name is the snow leopard also known? ounce

52. What Beatles song is featured in “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”? Twist and Shout

53. Where was Johnny Appleseed born? Massachusetts (probably a home birth with a midwife, gotcha Dean!)

54. In Tennis, the first to score after deuce is said to have what? advantage

55. Which ocean is the warmest? Indian (WTG Dean)

56. Which country is the origin of the brand ‘Adidas’? Germany

57. What company is the largest purchaser of potatoes in the world? McDonald's (WTG OG)

58. What was the popular self-help book by psychiatrist Thomas Harris that was published in 1969 and became a bestseller in the 1970s? I'm Ok...You're OK

59. Where is the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa, located? Dubai (I am not a heights person, Juju, so I could miss the top of a building)

60. What is the zodiac sign for those born after July 22nd? Leo

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

61. Which animal sometimes reportedly sleeps while holding hands/paws/flippers?

62. In which city was the first commercial lipstick sold in 1884?

63. What type of animal was the main villain Shere Khan in “The Jungle Book”?

64. Where did the Apollo 11 crew land upon their return to Earth?

65. Which green is usually found in a Caesar salad?

66. Does eggplant grow on a bush or a tree?

67. Which celebrity has hosted SNL the most?

68. How many Canadian provinces are there?

69. Which two rivers did the Mesopotamian civilization rely on?

70. Which Dr. Seuss book contains the quote, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not"?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
61. OTTERS
62. FRANCE?
63. TIGER
64. OCEAN
65. ROMAINE LETTUCE
66. BUSH
67. NOW I KNOW
68. NO IDEA...SORRY
69. EUPHRATES AND TIGRIS
70. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
61.otters
62.Paris
63.tiger
65.Romaine
66.bush
67.Steve Martin
68.10 provinces plus 3 territories

Bc, Alberta,Saskatchewan, Manitoba,Ontario Quebec,New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI ,Newfoundland

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

57. What company is the largest purchaser of potatoes in the world? McDonald's (WTG OG)

Duh!!! Bigdog and I caused our team to win Seabourn hats for us all on this last cruise based on Bigdog knowing the answer to the question of which company is the world's largest distributor of children's toys (McDonald's - Happy Meals, also duh! I also knew it but had forgotten) and me knowing what HTML means. We were playing the kind of trivia where the value of the answers doubled with each round, so it really didn't matter if you had wrong answers in the early rounds, and the bonus final question was for huge points, so a single player with the right answer could win it for the team. Oh, and also double points if your team was the only one who got the correct answer on any question.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

61. sea otters, they are so cute. They are much larger than you might think - 5-7 feet, AND, oddly enough, they have a pocket on the outside of their body, where they keep a rock for breaking the shells of sea creatures they eat. I swear I am not making this up. They also have the densest fur of any animal on the planet.

62. Oh, probably Paris.

63. hyena

64. Atlantic Ocean

65. Romain lettuce

66. Well, tree, or why would they ask such a bizarre question?

67. Joey Bishop

68. dunno, 10, or whatever Dean says

69. Tigris and Euphrates

70. no idea - Green Eggs and Ham

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

61. Which animal sometimes reportedly sleeps while holding hands/paws/flippers? sea otters (I so wanted to see river otters in Yellowstone but nope)

62. In which city was the first commercial lipstick sold in 1884? Paris

63. What type of animal was the main villain Shere Khan in “The Jungle Book”? Bengal tiger

64. Where did the Apollo 11 crew land upon their return to Earth? Pacific Ocean

65. Which green is usually found in a Caesar salad? romaine lettuce

66. Does eggplant grow on a bush or a tree? tree (WTG Juju and now I want to see an eggplant tree in person)

67. Which celebrity has hosted SNL the most? Alec Baldwin

68. How many Canadian provinces are there? 10

69. Which two rivers did the Mesopotamian civilization rely on? Tigris and Euphrates

70. Which Dr. Seuss book contains the quote, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not"? The Lorax

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. Astoria, Queens was once home to a company village founded and designed by a German American piano maker. What was his last name?

72. In July 2005, the fun, fun, fun ended after fifty years as the last convertible of what model name rolled off a Ford assembly line?

73. What national name describes a kind of manicure characterized by a natural base and white tips?

74. Which band sued Apple Computer in 1978 for trademark infringement?

75. In 'The Lord Of The Rings', what's the name of the Elf that takes part in The Fellowship Of The Ring?

76. What is the primary occupation of Ted Mosby, the protagonist from "How I Met Your Mother"?

77. What is the largest man-made lake in the United States?

78. In a short children's rhyme Ogden Nash begs, "Is those things arms, or is they legs?" Which animal does this rhyme describe?

79. Which drink is also known as "mother's ruin"?

80. Which novel’s very first word is the name of its title character: Carrie, Emma or Rebecca?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
71. STEINWAY
72. THUNDERBIRD
73. NATURAL?
74. BEATLES
75. NO IDEA
76. NO IDEA...NEVER WATCHED...TEACHER?
77. LAKE MEAD
78. OCTOPUS
79. NO IDEA
80. EMMA?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
71.the only piano maker I know of is Steinway
72.Thunderbird
74.Beatles?
76.bartender?
77.Mead?
80.Carrie?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. Closed my eyes and coming up with Gershwin

72. Ford Thunderbird, also known as a T-Bird

73. French

74. Beatles was my first thought and can't come up with any better.

75. Ack, ack, ack!!! I probably know this - Orlando Bloom, right? Legolas

76. dunno

77. dunno

78. never heard that nursery rhyme, but it must be an octopus\

79. absinthe

80. Well, it's not Rebecca because last night she dreamed she went to Manderley. So, Emma.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

71. Astoria, Queens was once home to a company village founded and designed by a German American piano maker. What was his last name? Steinway

72. In July 2005, the fun, fun, fun ended after fifty years as the last convertible of what model name rolled off a Ford assembly line? Thunderbird

73. What national name describes a kind of manicure characterized by a natural base and white tips? French (WTG Juju)

74. Which band sued Apple Computer in 1978 for trademark infringement? Beatles

75. In 'The Lord Of The Rings', what's the name of the Elf that takes part in The Fellowship Of The Ring? Legolas (WTG Juju)

76. What is the primary occupation of Ted Mosby, the protagonist from "How I Met Your Mother"? architect

77. What is the largest man-made lake in the United States? Lake Mead

78. In a short children's rhyme Ogden Nash begs, "Is those things arms, or is they legs?" Which animal does this rhyme describe? octopus

79. Which drink is also known as "mother's ruin"? gin

80. Which novel’s very first word is the name of its title character: Carrie, Emma or Rebecca? Emma

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. What mammal, often found in children’s illustrated alphabet books, lives at a higher altitude than any other domesticated animal on Earth?

82. What island nation includes Yasawa Islands and is consistently ranked as the number one spot to visit in the South Pacific?

83. What musical tells the story of "Shy" Princess Winnifred and Prince Dauntless?

84. What mountain range shares a name with a well-known type of chair?

85. Which president, the first to receive a Secret Service code name, was called "General," even though he was only a captain in World War I?

86. Each ant colony might have up to how many Queens: 10, 20, 30 or 40?

87. Who married fellow country star George Jones in 1969?

88. Round, flat, filbert or sword are types or shapes of what art tool?

89. What sporting equipment is sourced from Ailsa Craig in Scotland?

90. In Greek mythology, who was the twin brother of Castor?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. LLAMA
82. FIJI
83. ONCE UPON A MATTRESS
84. ADIRONDACKS
85. EISENHOWER?
86. 40?
87. TAMMY WYNETTE
88. BRUSH?
89. GOLF CLUBS?
90. POLLUX

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
81.snow lion?
82.FIJI -technically I have been there -our plane touched down there and they made us get off and get back on the plane -LAX to AKL (Auckland)85.Eisenhower?
86.30 ?
87.Tammy Wynette
88.brushes?
89.Golf clubs
Getting very hot here -was 28 oc and going 33oc tomorrow I believe os of .
Thanks for doing this Granny Trivia

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. Well, it could be a llama or an alpaca, both of which are domesticated and live at high altitudes, and we saw them at high altitudes when we took a 7 hour bus ride on a ridge of the Andes in Peru a few years back. BUT, I am going to ride with that children's book alphabet book clue and say yak! We have a yak herd on a farm not too far from my house, which I discovered while driving to an estate sale in the countryside, and my mind saw some weird animals out of the corner of my eye, and I told myself I did NOT just see a herd of yaks. So I went back later, and sure enough they were yaks!!!

82. Probably Fiji will go with that, and probably because Survivor has been filming exclusively there for many seasons. Bora Bora is MUCH more beautiful. I have been to Fiji twice, once in 1955 when my family emigrated to Australia, and once in 1956 when we gave it up and moved back to the US. It was a port of call on an ocean liner.

83. dunno

84. Adirondacks

85. WWI sounds like it would have to be Harry Truman, just based on age.

86. 20

87. Tammy Wynette

88. paintbrushes

89. Heh, I went to a cocktail party tonight, not 6 HOURS ago, hosted by some Canadians, both of whom (now in their 80's) were curling champions. The wife still participates in a national senior league. And we discussed, of all things, curling stones!!! And one of the other attendees wanted to know the name of the thing they launch down the ice, which got us into a discussion of the origination of the sport in Scotland. So, um, curling stones. It's a small world, sometimes.

90. Pollux

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Well, hell's bells I have now looked up the answer to question 90, and we also at tonight's very same cocktail party had a totally separate discussion about trips to Scotland, and one of the guys gave a tip to look into Landmark Trust properties, which sort of ties in with the tenet of the sale of Ailsa Craig to a Conservancy Trust! Holy carp! I'm puffin' with wonder tonight.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/07/ailsa-craig-gannets-puffins-clyde

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday! You are very welcome, Dean. Juju, I am just in your head, didn't you know?

Answers:

81. What mammal, often found in children’s illustrated alphabet books, lives at a higher altitude than any other domesticated animal on Earth? yak (WTG Juju)

82. What island nation includes Yasawa Islands and is consistently ranked as the number one spot to visit in the South Pacific? Fiji

83. What musical tells the story of "Shy" Princess Winnifred and Prince Dauntless? Once Upon a Mattress (WTG OG)

84. What mountain range shares a name with a well-known type of chair? Adirondacks

85. Which president, the first to receive a Secret Service code name, was called "General," even though he was only a captain in World War I? Harry Truman (WTG Juju)

86. Each ant colony might have up to how many Queens: 10, 20, 30 or 40? 20 (WTG Juju)

87. Who married fellow country star George Jones in 1969? Tammy Wynette

88. Round, flat, filbert or sword are types or shapes of what art tool? paintbrushes

89. What sporting equipment is sourced from Ailsa Craig in Scotland? curling stones (WTG Juju)

90. In Greek mythology, who was the twin brother of Castor? Pollux