TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 10, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. What is the more common skin problem name for a comedo?

2. What actress/singer composed the pop gospel standard “The Bible Tells Me So”?

3. Which peninsula is surrounded by the Mediterranean sea, the Gulf of Suez and the Gulf of Aqaba?

4. What was the last musical of the 20th century to win a Best Film Oscar?

5. After which time must a mugwai NOT be fed, in Gremlins?

6. Who mused that there were 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover?

7. Pope Francis I is from which country?

8. Complete the title of the 1981 horror film: An American Werewolf in ?

9. What term is given to a horse that is yet to win a race?

10. Which animal has the longest lifespan of any mammal on Earth: Galapagos turtles, bowhead whales or horseshoe bats?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.rash
6.Paul Simon
7.Argentina
8.Paris
10.Bats

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

1. NO IDEA...BLACKHEADS?
2. I NEVER KNEW THAT
3. SINAI
4. SOUND OF MUSIC
5. MIDNIGHT
6. GOOD OLD PAUL SIMON
7. ARGENTINA
8. LONDON
9. MAIDEN...HAVE HAD LOTS OF THEM
10. BOWHEAD WHALE

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. pimple

2. dunno

3. Sinai, have been there. We outran the Somali pirates and entered the Red Sea and then went through the Suez Canal, a quite thrilling Journey, which I think I recounted here at the time.

4. dunno, and too late to think about it, Bigdog asleep for hours. We are in the 4th time zone here in Alaska, however, so it is only 11:30 pm and not yet July 6.

5. 8 pm, no idea

6. Paul Simon

7. Argentina

8. London

9. maiden

10. Galapagos tortoise, not turtle. Some of them can live to be 200 years old. They are huge, and are barely out of childhood, not yet mating age, only dinner plate size at 25 years old. Just fascinating animals. We have been there, of course, maybe in 2019, a true trip of a lifetime.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

1. What is the more common skin problem name for a comedo? blackhead (WTG OG)

2. What actress/singer composed the pop gospel standard “The Bible Tells Me So”? Dale Evans

3. Which peninsula is surrounded by the Mediterranean sea, the Gulf of Suez and the Gulf of Aqaba? Sinai

4. What was the last musical of the 20th century to win a Best Film Oscar? Oliver!

5. After which time must a mogwai NOT be fed, in Gremlins? midnight (WTG OG)

6. Who mused that there were 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover? Paul Simon

7. Pope Francis I is from which country? Argentina

8. Complete the title of the 1981 horror film: An American Werewolf in ? London

9. What term is given to a horse that is yet to win a race? maiden

10. Which animal has the longest lifespan of any mammal on Earth: Galapagos turtles, bowhead whales or horseshoe bats? bowhead whales (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. Described as “possibly the greatest lyricist ever,” who wrote the lyrics for “West Side Story,” and has won more Tonys than any other composer in history?

12. What shrub, sometimes called winterbloom, is often included in pharmaceutical products as a skin soothing agent?

13. What name is given to a salad traditionally made of lettuce and croutons dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper?

14. In what country is the Bataan Peninsula?

15. Often listed among the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, in what country is the Parícutin volcano?

16. What were Triceratops horns made of?

17. A "Grand Slam" in tennis means a player winning how many major tournaments in a calendar year?

18. In 2014, a criminal gang in China used the chemical rongalite to flood the market with which contaminated food?

19. What cowboy tune is the official song of Kansas?

20. Which country has the most expensive average cost for a wedding?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. STEPHEN SONDHEIM
12. NO IDEA
13. CAESAR
14. PHILIPPINES
15. MEXICO
16. PROBABLY KERATIN
17. AUSTRALIA, FRENCH, UNITED STATES, ENGLAND...4
18. TOFU?
19. HOME ON THE RANGE
20. USA?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, July 06, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.Stephen Sondheim
13.caesar salad
17.4 four
18.tofu?
20.Uk?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. Stephen Sondheim

12. witch hazel

13. Caesar, had one last night

14. Philippiness

15. Mexico

16. compressed hair, like a rhino

17. 4

18. rice

19. Home on the Range

20. Japan

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

11. Described as “possibly the greatest lyricist ever,” who wrote the lyrics for “West Side Story,” and has won more Tonys than any other composer in history? Stephen Sondheim

12. What shrub, sometimes called winterbloom, is often included in pharmaceutical products as a skin soothing agent? witch hazel (WTG Juju)

13. What name is given to a salad traditionally made of lettuce and croutons dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, egg, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies, garlic, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper? Caesar salad

14. In what country is the Bataan Peninsula? Philippines

15. Often listed among the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, in what country is the Parícutin volcano? Mexico

16. What were Triceratops horns made of? bone

17. A "Grand Slam" in tennis means a player winning how many major tournaments in a calendar year? 4

18. In 2014, a criminal gang in China used the chemical rongalite to flood the market with which contaminated food? tofu

19. What cowboy tune is the official song of Kansas? Home on the Range

20. Which country has the most expensive average cost for a wedding? USA (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck! I will post the answers tomorrow and then I am off until the 20th.

21. The first typewriter to include a bar-shaped space key was manufactured by what company—which also happens to be America’s oldest gun maker?

22. If you’re a “Star Wars” fan who was raised Catholic, there’s a good chance you’d respond to the phrase “May the Force be with you” with what four-word reply?

23. Before the Space Force came along, which branch of the U.S. Armed Forces was the youngest?

24. The climax of North by Northwest takes place at which US landmark?

25. The song “Summer Nights” appears in what 1978 movie musical?

26. What is the key ingredient in Alabama-style barbecue sauce?

27. What hymn was written by John Newton in 1748 after he thought he was saved from death at sea?

28. What car of the 1940s featured a central “Cyclops-eye” headlight that turned with the wheels”?

29. Figs aren't actually fruits, what are they?

30. Which 1950’s crooner sang the hit song “Under the Sea”?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. REMINGTON
22. AND ALSO WITH YOU
23. AIR FORCE
24. MOUNT RUSHMORE
25. GREASE
26. I NOW KNOW
27. AMAZING GRACE
28. TUCKER
29. FLOWERS
3O. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.Remington?
24.Mount Rushmore
25.Grease
26.tomato
29.Flowers?
.30.Bobby Darin?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I am going away for the weekend Saturday am to Sunday Pm. I may get here Sunday pm , if not on Monday. Having day surgery on Thursday , so most likely wont be here Thursday. Having a polyp removed from my stomach.

Have a great Lukecation, Granny Trivia !! Seeing my 2 great nieces tomorrow.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 07, 2023 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. Remington, which I was going to say anyway, even before I read the gun clue.

22. and be with you

23. Air Force

24. Mt. Rushmore

25. Grease

26. brown sugar

27. Battle Hymn of the Republic

28. Studebaker

29. flowers

30. Bing Crosby

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday! Enjoy your visit, Dean. See you all on the 20th!

Answers:

21. The first typewriter to include a bar-shaped space key was manufactured by what company—which also happens to be America’s oldest gun maker? Remington

22. If you’re a “Star Wars” fan who was raised Catholic, there’s a good chance you’d respond to the phrase “May the Force be with you” with what four-word reply? And also with you (WTG OG, I have to stop myself every time)

23. Before the Space Force came along, which branch of the U.S. Armed Forces was the youngest? Air Force

24. The climax of North by Northwest takes place at which US landmark? Mt. Rushmore

25. The song “Summer Nights” appears in what 1978 movie musical? Grease

26. What is the key ingredient in Alabama-style barbecue sauce? mayonnaise (their sauce is a white sauce)

27. What hymn was written by John Newton in 1748 after he thought he was saved from death at sea? Amazing Grace (WTG OG)

28. What car of the 1940s featured a central “Cyclops-eye” headlight that turned with the wheels”? the Tucker (WTG OG)

29. Figs aren't actually fruits, what are they? flowers

30. Which 1950’s crooner sang the hit song “Under the Sea”? Bobby Darin (WTG Dean) (I think it is supposed to be Beyond the Sea now that I look at it again)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 08, 2023 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Under the Sea was a hit song from The Little Mermaid.

I don't think of Bobby Darin as a crooner, but apparently he was old enough to be popular at the end of the crooner era. Huh!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 09, 2023 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I am back after a great 24 hours with family and seeing my 2 great nieces -one soon to 5 and the other 2 1/3 years old and seeing my nephews and niece and bother and sister and their spouses.
31. Who was the first US president to die in office?

32.Did Bell call his most famous invention the"world's rudest instrument" as he was aware it could intrude on personal privacy? True or false

33.In 1904 pharmacist John J McLaughlin older brother of Samuel McLaughlin invented a soft drink aka soda aka pop called

a.Canada Springs Lemonade
b.McLaughlin Original Root Beer
c.Canada Dry "Pale Dry" Ginger Ale

34. What river begins at Lake Itasca , Minnesota and ends at the Gulf of Mexico?

35.What did entrepreneur Levis Strauss and tailor Jacob Davis patent in 1837?

36.Who in 1836 delivered the famous Gettysburg address?

37.Is a bassoon a woodwind or brass instrument?

38.What wAs the original name for duct tape because water fell right off it?

39.Polk and Tyler were both presidents -how did their family differ?

40.In 1976 on the uneven bars competition at the Olympics what did Nadia Comaneci score?

I am having day surgery on Thursday --so I may not be around for a day or 2. Good luck on Todays!! Thanks for playing!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. NO IDEA
32. TRUE?
33. C
34. MISSISSIPPI
35. THE RIVETS ON LEVI'S?
36. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
37. WOODWIND
38. DUCK TAPE
39. ONE HAD CHILDREN AND ONE DIDN'T?
40. PERFECT 10