TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 05, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 05, 2023 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
61. FULL HOUSE
62. COLD CABBAGE?
63. SHAKESPEARE
64. POMPADOUR?
65. NO IDEA
66. 5?
67. FINDING NEMO?
68. BLACK HOLE?
69. MARLON BRANDO
70. 27 WHEN SHE WAS ACTUALLY CROWNED...A FEW YEARS AFTER SHE ACTUALLY BECAME QUEEN

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
61 Full House
62.cold cabbage salad
63.Shakespeare
65.Saturn
66.4?
69.Marlon Brando
70.24 years

Have fun in Vegas , I like Barry , saw a Neil Diamond impersonator last time and stayed at Liberace's ex chef's b and b

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

61. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen got their start on what TV sitcom? Full House

62. What does the word "coleslaw" mean? cabbage salad (WTG Dean)

63. What writer famously wrote that “all that glisters is not gold”? Shakespeare

64. What hairstyle - and associated variations of it - shares its name with a mistress of French King Louis XV? pompadour (WTG OG)

65. Which planet has the most moons? Saturn (WTG Dean)

66. How many European capitals does the Danube flow through? 4 (WTG Dean)

67. Which Disney movie has had the most sequels? Toy Story

68. In April 2019, what did scientists manage to get an image of, at the center of the M87 galaxy? black hole (WTG OG)

69. Who won the Best Actor Oscar for his role in the film "The Godfather"? Marlon Brando

70. How old was Queen Elizabeth II when she was crowned the Queen of England? 27 (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. What word represents the letter "I" in the Nato phonetic alphabet?

72. Which popular stage musical starts with an auction in a Paris theatre?

73. What Cajun soupy stew that includes celery, bell pepper and onions, along with stock and shellfish, is the official cuisine of Louisiana?

74. Where would you find "The House of the Rising Sun" from the song of the same name?

75. What is Wee Willy Winkie wearing when he runs through the town?

76. Which film features Daniel Day Lewis as Irish immigrant Bill "the Butcher" Cutting?

77. The majority of starfish species have how many arms (or legs)?

78. Who played Nuke Laloosh in "Bull Durham"?

79. What was Elvis Presley's first hit in 1956?

80. What was the first fast-food restaurant to open an outlet in China?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Happy 4th to you all!!

We watched fireworks last night -not as many places they were coming from ;but a good show nonetheless
71.I for India
72.Phanthom of the Opera?
73.Boulibase
74.New Orleans?
77.6?
79.Blue Suede Shoes?
80.McDonalds?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

71. INDIA
72. MOULIN ROUGE
73. GUMBO
74. NOLA
75. NIGHTGOWN
76. GANGS OF NEW YORK
77. FIVE LEGS/ARMS
78. NOW I KNOW
79. HEARTBREAK HOTEL
80. KFC

}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. Italy

72. Phantom of the Opera

73. jambalaya

74. New Orleans

75. nightgown, I think

76. Gangs of New York, Bigdog says

77. 10

78. We probably know it, can't come up with us.

79. Jailhouse Rock

80. Kentucky Fried Chicken says Bigdog, although I think it was McDonalds. He is sure of it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 02, 2023 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bigdog just came up with:

78. Tim Robbins

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

71. What word represents the letter "I" in the Nato phonetic alphabet? India

72. Which popular stage musical starts with an auction in a Paris theatre? The Phantom of the Opera

73. What Cajun soupy stew that includes celery, bell pepper and onions, along with stock and shellfish, is the official cuisine of Louisiana? gumbo (WTG OG)

74. Where would you find "The House of the Rising Sun" from the song of the same name? New Orleans

75. What is Wee Willy Winkie wearing when he runs through the town? nightgown

76. Which film features Daniel Day Lewis as Irish immigrant Bill "the Butcher" Cutting? Gangs of New York

77. The majority of starfish species have how many arms (or legs)? 5 (WTG OG)

78. Who played Nuke Laloosh in "Bull Durham"? Tim Robbins (WTG Juju)

79. What was Elvis Presley's first hit in 1956? Heartbreak Hotel (WTG OG)

80. What was the first fast-food restaurant to open an outlet in China? KFC

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. The Kentucky Derby was founded by Meriwether Lewis Clark Jr., grandson of the famous explorer William Clark. He got the land for his horse race from his mother’s family. What was her maiden name?

82. On what beach, formerly home to design icon Gianni Versace, can you find the world's largest collection of art deco architecture?

83. Allison Janney won her first four Emmys for The West Wing, and then two more for her work on what sitcom?

84. What sport gave its first ever permanent drug ban in 2016, to Jenrry Mejia?

85. The back of Ritz boxes long included a recipe for a “mock” version of what dessert, calling for crackers instead of fruit?

86. Which country has the most wild tigers in the world?

87. Which US city is the second most populous metropolitan area after New York?

88. How many hours was the longest match in Wimbledon history: 8, 11, 16 or 22?

89. In "Jaws," what is the name of Quint's boat?

90. Which country is the mung bean native to?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. CHURCHILL
82. MIAMI BEACH
83. MOM...LOVED IT
84. NO IDEA
85. APPLE PIE...MADE ONE ONCE, NOT TOO BAD
86. INDIA
87. LA
88. 11 HOURS
89. ORCA
90. INDIA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
82.Miami beach
83.MOM -a great show
84.Soccer /football as they call it
86.India
87.Chicago -depends if suburbs are included
90.China?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. Meriweather

82. Miami Beach

83. dunno

84. boxing

85. dunno

86. India

87. Los Angeles

88. 16

89. The Orca, and I just now realized that the great white shark has only one natural predator, which is the orca, thus the name of the boat for the movie.I learned that when a group of my workmates and Bigdog and I went out whale watching on the Neptune Society's boat in San Francisco, and we went out to the Farallon Islands, which are 28 miles offshore from SF, and which we could sometimes see from out living room window in SF. Where was I? Oh ... so we had a great trip even though we never saw any whales, but saw dolphins everywhere. One of the attendees said she was never going again, because what we saw on that trip could never be topped. The next week that same boat went again to the Farallon Islands. Very close to the boat, an orca and a great white shark got into a tussle, and it ended with the orca coming up out of the water and biting the great white shark in two. People on the boat got video of the encounter, and the videos went viral worldwide. https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/killer-whale-caught-tape-killing-great-white-shark/story?id=9191986

90. China

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 03, 2023 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Our team won trivia on the cruise ship today!!! There are around 9-10 teams playing with up to 10 players each, so it is a bit of bedlam even getting your answers to the team captain, let alone convincing the team captain your answer is correct. Bigdog at one point said if his answer wasn't going to be used, he was leaving the team (MAJOR trivia crime, the cruise director says trivia is the only blood sport played on cruise ships). And then Bigdog was wrong!!! Bwahahahaha.

So this was day 3 of the tournament, and Bigdog and I had been sitting at the far end of a large oval, and I would take our answer over to the team captain, and then she would confer with others sitting around her, and sometimes they would use our answers and sometimes not. And we lost miserably both days. Even though Bigdog pulled us out with the correct HUGE bonus question on day 1, we still didn't even make top 3 scores. We were pretty demoralized but resigned to our fate. Then today when we arrived the captain and her son rearranged the seating, so I was sitting next to them, and Bigdog was next to me. And it turns out the players the captain had been relying on, had only had one right answer between them! No wonder we all changed chairs. The cruise director has a helper who keeps the scores, and the value of each answer goes up for each round, so even if you get all four questions right in round one, that can be wiped out by another team getting one right answer in round three, and the bonus could wipe out most previous scores. If you were the only team in the room to get the right answer, the score for that answer got doubled. So nobody in the room really knows which team is ahead.

But we did pretty well, and Bigdog was the only one in the room who knew what the WD stands for in WD-40, and our team went with it and got double points in the intermediate round.

Then the final bonus question, worth 80 points, was: in computer talk what does HTML stand for? So I shrieked out, "I've got this one", wrote down an answer and handed it to the team captain, and told her just copy this out; it's the answer. And then her son wanted to quibble if I had the third word right, and I deprecatingly asked him if he had a better word, and he didn't, so I suggested we just go with what I had, although in truth I was going have to punch him out if he managed to convince Mom to change it. It was correct, and one other team got it right, and a couple others had a couple of the right words.

So, at the end, the scores were tallied, and I honestly thought we might make top 3 today, and there was a tie for third place, but we were not one of the teams, nor did we make second place. The team next to us had been winning 1st or second place both previous days, and they came in 2nd today. And so we thought we didn't even make the top four, when, all of a sudden we got announced as the winner today by 10 points!!

Our team all won Seabourn baseball hats (which sell in the gift shop for about $30 of course).

Whew!!! Thank goodness I sometime in the past 10 years decided to just memorize what HTML stands for because it might come in handy playing trivia one day. Today was the day. Bigdog said he knew I would know it, bless his heart.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday! Congratulations Juju, I never had any doubt in you and Bigdog.

Answers:

81. The Kentucky Derby was founded by Meriwether Lewis Clark Jr., grandson of the famous explorer William Clark. He got the land for his horse race from his mother’s family. What was her maiden name? Churchill (WTG OG) (Hence, Churchill Downs)

82. On what beach, formerly home to design icon Gianni Versace, can you find the world's largest collection of art deco architecture? Miami Beach

83. Allison Janney won her first four Emmys for The West Wing, and then two more for her work on what sitcom? Mom

84. What sport gave its first ever permanent drug ban in 2016, to Jenrry Mejia? baseball

85. The back of Ritz boxes long included a recipe for a “mock” version of what dessert, calling for crackers instead of fruit? apple pie (WTG OG)

86. Which country has the most wild tigers in the world? India

87. Which US city is the second most populous metropolitan area after New York? Los Angeles

88. How many hours was the longest match in Wimbledon history: 8, 11, 16 or 22? 11

89. In "Jaws," what is the name of Quint's boat? Orca (You know, I never though about that, Juju! Our nephew is a captain in the bay and does rescue and also whale watching tours.)

90. Which country is the mung bean native to? India (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. Memory foam, scratch resistant glasses, and cordless vacuums are all inventions that were “spun off” from what federal agency?

92. In the story of the Trojan War, who killed Hector?

93. Two kilograms equates to roughly how many pounds?

94. What is hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliphobia the irrational fear of?

95. What is the largest city in the Italian region of Tuscany?

96. The cargo ship Edmund Fitzgerald sank in which of the Great Lakes in 1975?

97. What New York eating contest happens every Fourth of July?

98. What cake became popular thanks to a recipe contest sponsored by Dole?

99. Which legendary soul star sang Think in The Blues Brothers?

100. Who played the Professor in the 1961 film The Absent Minded Professor?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. NASA?
92. ACHILLES
93. 3?
94. NOW I KNOW
95. FLORENCE
96. GITCHIGUMI...SUPERIOR
97. HOT DOGS
98. PINEAPPLE UP-SIDE-DOWN CAKE
99. NO IDEA
100. JERRY LEWIS

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
93 3
94.hippos
95.Frienza aka Florence where my grandmother died
96.Superior
97.Hot Dogs
98.Pineapple Upside Down cake
100.Jerry Lewis

Happy 4th all
Congrats Juju

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2023 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. NASA

92. something like Priam

93. 4.4 pounds

94. Mamie, you are not going to freaking believe this, but you are exactly ONE DAY late with this question - we had it yesterday for trivia, and missed it, but won first place anyway, and I have been kicking myself ever since, because I was sitting there telling the captain that sesquipedalia means big words but then I kept getting thrown off by the hippo and monstro at the front of the word, and told her to just go with horses, which is the same answer the leading teams gave. So all of the stuff at the front must have been about "irrational fear of". And if we had put down big words, we would have been the only team who got it and received double points. How bizarre you have it today!

95. Florence

96. Superior - my sister owns a house on the beach of Lake Superior near where the wreck occurred, and she speaks of the gales of November.

97. Bigdog just had it on TV in our cabin, where we are sitting out the pea soup fog at Hubbard Glacier. Anyway, Nathan's hot dogs The winner ate 72.

98. pineapple upside down cake

99. Aretha Franklin for sure, says Bigdog

100. Jerry Lewis

We may be losing internet connection any day now, so if I disappear, not to worry.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 05, 2023 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday! We just have a psychic connection, Juju!

Answers:

91. Memory foam, scratch resistant glasses, and cordless vacuums are all inventions that were “spun off” from what federal agency? NASA

92. In the story of the Trojan War, who killed Hector? Achilles (WTG OG)

93. Two kilograms equates to roughly how many pounds? 4 (WTG Juju)

94. What is hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliphobia the irrational fear of? long words (WTG Juju)

95. What is the largest city in the Italian region of Tuscany? Florence

96. The cargo ship Edmund Fitzgerald sank in which of the Great Lakes in 1975? Superior

97. What New York eating contest happens every Fourth of July? hot dog eating (Which is so incredibly gross)

98. What cake became popular thanks to a recipe contest sponsored by Dole? pineapple upside down cake

99. Which legendary soul star sang Think in The Blues Brothers? Aretha Franklin (For sure WTG Juju)

100. Who played the Professor in the 1961 film The Absent Minded Professor? Fred MacMurray