TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 01, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 01, 2023 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The Battle of Little Bighorn, Montana

Legends of America
https://www.legendsofamerica.com
battle of little bighorn www.legendsofamerica.com
The Battle of the Little Bighorn, also called Custer's Last Stand, was an engagement between the combined forces of the Lakota and Northern Cheyenne tribes ...}

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. NO IDEA
32. NO IDEA
33. JOHN QUINCY ADAMS?
34. YO, BRO
35. CARRIE
36. ORCAS?
37. OXYGEN
38. STRONGER?
39. THE FARMER'S WIFE
40. LION KING

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
34. Have a good day
35.Carrie
39.the Farmer's wife
40.Lion King

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. fish sticks, perhaps Gorton's Fish Sticks

32. LaRue

33. Probably John Quincy Adams

34. something like blessings to you, said with hands at chin in praying position and a brief bow of the head

35. Carrie

36. orcas

37. oxygen

38. stronger

39. the farmer's wife

40. dunno

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

31. “They’re as fresh as the breeze / Serve ‘em any way you please / Nature made them nice and neat / All you do is heat and eat.” Those are the lyrics to the original jingle composed for what advertising campaign, which launched in 1976? The incredible, edible egg

32. Lee Meriwether won the Miss America title in 1955. She’s known for playing Catwoman in the ’60s, and for playing a vampire named Lily in the ’80s. What was Lily’s last name? Munster (She played her in The Munsters Revisited)

33. The first U.S. president to have a middle name is almost always referred to by his first, middle, and last names. Who was he? John Quincy Adams

34. What does the greeting “namaste” mean in Sanskrit? I bow to you

35. What was Stephen King’s first published novel? Carrie

36. Recently a group of what kind of sea creature seemed to lead orchestrated attacks that sank three boats off the coast of Portugal? orcas

37. A carbohydrate consists of carbon, hydrogen and what other element? oxygen

38. Citius - Altius - Fortius is the official motto of the Olympics, meaning Faster - Higher - "what"? stronger

39. Whose wife cut off the tails of the three blind mice? the farmer's wife

40. Elton John and Tim Rice won an Oscar in 1995 for Can You Feel the Love for which musical? The Lion King

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. New Jersey is named after Jersey, an island located in what 30,000-square-mile body of water?

42. Originally aired from 1984 to 1992, what sitcom stars Tony Danza as Tony Micelli, a former MLB player turned live-in housekeeper, and introduces Alyssa Milano as his daughter Samantha?

43. Barry Gibb, Al Green, Liza Minnelli, Keith Moon, and Dolly Parton were all born in what year?

44. Portrayed by Hugh Laurie from 2004 to 2012, what is Dr. House's first name?

45. A card securely storing the details of a mobile network account, what does SIM stand for?

46. Which culinary herb has Thai sweet, Lemon, Genovese and Holy varieties?

47. Pashmina wool is made from the hair of which animal?

48. Burnt ends are the trimmings from what larger cut of meat?

49. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon?

50. Which food brand is “m’m, m’m, good”?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. ENGLISH CHANNEL
42. WHOSE THE BOSS
43. 1948?
44. GREGORY
45. NOW I KNOW
46. NO IDEA
47. GOAT?
48. NO IDEA
49. COLORADO
50. CAMPBELL'S SOUP

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
41.English Channel
42.Who's the Boss
43.1949?
44.did not like that show or that character
46.basil
47.goat
48.prime rib
49.Colarado
50.Camlbells Soup - former client of mine

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

41. English Channel

42. Who's The Boss

43. They are all right around my age, possibly a couple years older, which makes the living ones true geezers - 1946

44. Adam

45. Subscriber Identity Module

46. basil

47. goat

48. brisket, we had a local BBQ joint called Burnt Ends

49. Colorado

50. Campbell's soup

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am going on yet another two week Alaska cruise tomorrow morning, this one on a small luxury ship to use the future cruise credit we received from the cancellation of the Amazon leg of our Antarctica cruise just before the pandemic. They never notified me I had it until 30 days before it was going to expire. I think we are both all packed.

The ship is Seabourn Odyssey, and it does now have included internet, so I may very well visit the clubhouse daily.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Enjoy your cruise Juju,bon Voyage!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! Have fun and safe travels, Juju. I will be gone again soon. Next Sunday, the 9th, we are leaving for Florida for 10 days.

Answers:

41. New Jersey is named after Jersey, an island located in what 30,000-square-mile body of water? The English Channel

42. Originally aired from 1984 to 1992, what sitcom stars Tony Danza as Tony Micelli, a former MLB player turned live-in housekeeper, and introduces Alyssa Milano as his daughter Samantha? Who's the Boss

43. Barry Gibb, Al Green, Liza Minnelli, Keith Moon, and Dolly Parton were all born in what year? 1946 (WTG Juju)

44. Portrayed by Hugh Laurie from 2004 to 2012, what is Dr. House's first name? Gregory (WTG OG)

45. A card securely storing the details of a mobile network account, what does SIM stand for? Subscriber Identity Module (WTG Juju)

46. Which culinary herb has Thai sweet, Lemon, Genovese and Holy varieties? basil

47. Pashmina wool is made from the hair of which animal? goat

48. Burnt ends are the trimmings from what larger cut of meat? beef brisket (WTG Juju, I love me some burnt ends)

49. Which river flows through the Grand Canyon? Colorado

50. Which food brand is “m’m, m’m, good”? Campbell's

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. What colloquialism, often used in the Appalachians and Ozarks, refers to a gulch or valley, and may derive from the way you’d need to communicate with someone standing on the other side of it?

52. Upon coming up with a new way to calculate an object’s density, the Greek mathematician Archimedes allegedly jumped out of his bathtub and ran naked through the streets shouting what three-syllable word?

53. The ship famously found empty of human life drifting in the Bermuda Triangle was the Mary "What"?

54. Which two-word term, often associated with Catholicism, also refers to a desperate, last-minute sporting pass that attempts to save the game?

55. "An object at rest remains at rest, or if in motion, remains in motion at a constant velocity unless acted on by a net external force" is whose first law of motion?

56. What is the term for a group of Golden Retrievers: Rainbow, Fuzzle, Halo or Glamour?

57. When it comes to cooking, "vongole" is the Italian word for what?

58. Who portrayed a young Indiana Jones in “The Last Crusade”?

59. Barbara Bach, who played Anya Amasova in the Bond film ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ married which musician in 1981?

60. What is the largest city in Australia?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
5I. HOLLER...WV SPEAK
52. EUREKA!
53. CELESTE
54. HAIL MARY
55. ISAAC NEWTON
56. GLAMOUR
57. NO IDEA
58. RIVER PHOENIX
59. RINGO STARR
6O. MELBOURNE

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I can fill in / sub for you with 6 per day when you are on your Lukecation ,Granny Trivia.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
54.Hail Mary
56.Halo
59.Ringo Starr
60.Melbourne

Happy Long weekend with tomorrow being a holiday here and Happy 4th to you all on Tuesday.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

51. holler - one of my best work buddies came from Blooming Rose, WV, and we always joked about him growing up in the holler, which he did, as the youngest and smallest of a very large family, got to bathe last in the tin tub and all that. Oh! It just occurred to me right now, that is probably why he is a small man, being the youngest, and all the kids had to fight for food.

52. Eureka!

53. Not sure how I know this one, and was worried it would not come to me, but it did - Mary Celeste!
(falls down dead with fumes coming out of brain)

54. Hail Mary

55. Sir Isaac Newton

56. Glamour, no idea, but they are glamorous dogs

57. dunno, liver

58. dunno, and Bigdog has been asleep for almost two hours, as I should be as well, since he got up this morning at 4, and I got up at 4:30. Oh well.

59. Ringo Starr, formerly known as Richard Starkey

60. Sydney

Okay, Mamie, you are going to have to be a bit more subtle about lofting me all these easy ones. I feel like I won the lottery. Smoochies. - Juju

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday! Happy holiday to you too, Dean. And thanks for offering to sub. I appreciate it. I don't want you to feel you have to but I am sure they are glad you want to. Luke is turning 7! How does it happen so fast?! Also I am going to Vegas in September for a wedding so there will be a few days then too. I am also going to see Barry Manilow there and I am beyond excited. I am going to Fanilow the heck out of that show. And Juju, I try.

Answers:

51. What colloquialism, often used in the Appalachians and Ozarks, refers to a gulch or valley, and may derive from the way you’d need to communicate with someone standing on the other side of it? Holler

52. Upon coming up with a new way to calculate an object’s density, the Greek mathematician Archimedes allegedly jumped out of his bathtub and ran naked through the streets shouting what three-syllable word? Eureka!

53. The ship famously found empty of human life drifting in the Bermuda Triangle was the Mary "What"? Celeste

54. Which two-word term, often associated with Catholicism, also refers to a desperate, last-minute sporting pass that attempts to save the game? Hail Mary

55. "An object at rest remains at rest, or if in motion, remains in motion at a constant velocity unless acted on by a net external force" is whose first law of motion? Newton's

56. What is the term for a group of Golden Retrievers: Rainbow, Fuzzle, Halo or Glamour? halo (WTG Dean)

57. When it comes to cooking, "vongole" is the Italian word for what? clams

58. Who portrayed a young Indiana Jones in “The Last Crusade”? River Phoenix

59. Barbara Bach, who played Anya Amasova in the Bond film ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ married which musician in 1981? Ringo Starr

60. What is the largest city in Australia? Sydney (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

61. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen got their start on what TV sitcom?

62. What does the word "coleslaw" mean?

63. What writer famously wrote that “all that glisters is not gold”?

64. What hairstyle - and associated variations of it - shares its name with a mistress of French King Louis XV?

65. Which planet has the most moons?

66. How many European capitals does the Danube flow through?

67. Which Disney movie has had the most sequels?

68. In April 2019, what did scientists manage to get an image of, at the center of the M87 galaxy?

69. Who won the Best Actor Oscar for his role in the film "The Godfather"?

70. How old was Queen Elizabeth II when she was crowned the Queen of England?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 01, 2023 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Melbourne has overtaken Sydney as Australia's largest city in terms of population, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.

D&M Research
Apr 17, 2023}