TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through June 28, 2023 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
37.People with AB positive blood can receive all types of blood . True or False?-yes true

38.What beloved tree in Canada has over a 100 species world wide?-yes Maple trees

39.What is mythomania an obsession with ? lying ,exaggerating-more lying than myths -both wtg

40.What Salvador Dali painting features melting clocks?The Persistence OF Memory

41.What human organ stores bile which helps break down food?-yes Gall Bladder

42.Who portrayed Alex P Keaton on the sitcom "Family Ties" and what illness does he have and raised money for?-Micheal J fox and Parkinson disease -yes both you got it right

Going to MB's place in 20 minutes -might not be back till Monday -had accuputure in /on my back for the first time ever . Still sore though.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good luck and most likely wont be back till Monday . Thanks for playing
43.Who was the Roman goddess of hearth and home?

44.What does NSF abbreviation mean?

45.What dog breed is a cross between a Labrador retreveir and a poodle? WE had a black lab in the 70's -his Mother had a dual pregnancy and some like a poodle more than a lab.

46.What Yankees player hit an American League season record last year?

47.Who played Gandalf in Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" and the Hobbit movies?

48.What is February's birthstone?

49.What musical instrument did I play as a child had one row of wooden bars and was hit by mallets and still is ?

50.If you are in the UK and someone says they feel "gutted" , what does that mean?

51.What did Kentaji Brown Jackson achieve in the US in April 2022?

52.How many siblings are there in the Osmond Family?

good luck!! Thanks for playing !!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
43. NO IDEA
44. NON SUFFICIENT FUNDS
45. LABRADOODLE
46. NO IDEA
47. IAN McKELLEN
48. NO IDEA
49. XYLOPHONE
50. CUT TO THE QUICK
51. NO IDEA
52. SIX

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am back from Montana so I will post a new set tomorrow. Thanks Dean for stepping in.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

43. Portia, no idea

44. Well, in the olden days, it used to mean a non-sufficient funds check. Nowadays in internet lingo, it means Not Safe For, like NSFW, safe for work, NSFC, not safe for children, and then also dozens of other acronyms like National Science Foundation.

45. Labradoodle

46. dunno

47. I want to say Richard Harris, of Camelot and Someone Left the Cake Out in the Rain fame.

48. amethyst

49. xylophone

50. shocked and sad, heartbroken

51. first black woman appointed to the Supreme Court

52. 9 maybe. It was a whole bunch. - I think I might have seen the Osmond family perform at the Illinois State Fair as a child or youth or even young adult. It was some family with a huge number of children, and they were all forced to perform together on stage. I felt so sorry for those kids. I always felt sorry for kids who were forced to perform in public.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday! I am back in the world of the breathing! As some of you know, I had bad altitude sickness in Big Sky but I am doing okay now. My body is adjusting to sea level again.

New set and good luck!

1. What model of airplane got its name because it was the result of a government treaty between England and France?

2. After Canada and the United States, what is the third-largest English speaking nation in the Americas by population?

3. What 1960s singing duo were once known as “Caesar and Cleo” due to their hairstyles?

4. What service announced “10 Days to San Francisco!” in its newspaper ads when it opened in April 1860?

5. What character, featured in 1947 and 2013 films, was introduced in a 1939 short story by American author James Thurber?

6. Published in 2009, Open: An Autobiography is a memoir written by what former professional tennis player?

7. What popular dish is an Americanization of the Chinese term for "stir-fried noodles"?

8. Who was put on trial in northern France in January 1431 for capital crimes of public heresy that included wearing men's clothes?

9. What hotel in Las Vegas is named after a town on Lake Como in Italy?

10. Who starred as Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s TV series Kung Fu?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
WELL,WELL,WELL LOOK WHO'S BACK TO ENTERTAIN US. YOU WERE MISSED!

1. NOW I KNOW
2. NO IDEA
3. SONNY AND CHER
4. PONY EXPRESS
5. WALTER MITTY
6. NO IDEA
7. CHOW MEIN
8. JOAN OF ARC
9. BELLAGIO
10. DAVID CARRADINE WHO THREW HIS LIFE AWAY...SAD!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Welcome back, Mamie.

jGuesses for new set:

1. The Concorde

2. Well, I can't actually think of any other mainly English speaking countries in the Americas other than Belize, so I will say Belize. I have not been there yet. Oh wait, Jamaica is English speaking, will go with Jamaica. I have been there twice, perhaps three times.

3. Sonny and Cher

4. The Pony Express

5. Walter Mitty

6. Arthur Ashe

7. chop suey

8. Jeanne D'Arc (Joan of Arc)

9. The Bellagio

10. David Carradine

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday! Thanks for the welcome backs.

Answers:

1. What model of airplane got its name because it was the result of a government treaty between England and France? Concorde (WTG Juju)

2. After Canada and the United States, what is the third-largest English speaking nation in the Americas by population? Jamaica (WTG Juju)

3. What 1960s singing duo were once known as “Caesar and Cleo” due to their hairstyles? Sonny and Cher

4. What service announced “10 Days to San Francisco!” in its newspaper ads when it opened in April 1860? Pony Express

5. What character, featured in 1947 and 2013 films, was introduced in a 1939 short story by American author James Thurber? Walter Mitty

6. Published in 2009, Open: An Autobiography is a memoir written by what former professional tennis player? Andre Agassi

7. What popular dish is an Americanization of the Chinese term for "stir-fried noodles"? chow mein (WTG OG)

8. Who was put on trial in northern France in January 1431 for capital crimes of public heresy that included wearing men's clothes? Joan of Arc

9. What hotel in Las Vegas is named after a town on Lake Como in Italy? Bellagio

10. Who starred as Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s TV series Kung Fu? David Carradine

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. What metal is added to yellow gold to make rose gold?

12. St Mark’s Campanile is a bell tower in which Italian city?

13. Which saint was purportedly sighted at Lourdes in 1858?

14. "Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that" what?

15. What is Baby's real first name in "Dirty Dancing"?

16. Which frontiersman was also a member of Congress?

17. Humphrey Bogart wore what kind of hat in many of his 1950s films?

18. Six of the 10 most populous cities in the U.S. are located in which two states?

19. Manzanilla, Petit Lucques and Nyons are all types of what?

20. CHNOPS elements - the building blocks of all life on Earth - are carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous and what?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. COPPER
12. VENICE
13. MARY
14. I JUST TRIED ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY AND IT WAS TOO SICKENINGLY SWEET FOR ME...TOSSED IT...KIT KAT BAR
15. NO IDEA
16. DAVY CROCKETT
17. FEDORA
18. NYC AND LA
19. NOW I KNOW
20. SULFUR

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Doing it in purple as it maybe less confusing-sorry busy weekend and today too -had 2nd round of acupuncture
43.Who was the Roman goddess of hearth and home?

44.What does NSF abbreviation mean?-no sufficent funds -wtg both

45.What dog breed is a cross between a Labrador retreveir and a poodle? WE had a black lab in the 70's -his Mother had a dual pregnancy and some like a poodle more than a lab.-Labradoodle -wtg both

46.What Yankees player hit an American League season record last year?_Judge

47.Who played Gandalf in Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings" and the Hobbit movies?_Ian McKellen -wtg OG

48.What is February's birthstone?-amethyst -wtg Juju

49.What musical instrument did I play as a child had one row of wooden bars and was hit by mallets and still is ?-xylphone -wtg both

50.If you are in the UK and someone says they feel "gutted" , what does that mean?disappointed ,sad -wtg Juju

51.What did Kentaji Brown Jackson achieve in the US in April 2022?-yes appointed as the first Black Woamn to the US Supreme Court justice -wtg Juju

52.How many siblings are there in the Osmond Family?-yes 9 -wtg Juju -8 boys and Marie

Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
14 Kit Kat bar
17.Fedora
18.California,Florida

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

11. What metal is added to yellow gold to make rose gold? copper (WTG OG)

12. St Mark’s Campanile is a bell tower in which Italian city? Venice (WTG OG)

13. Which saint was purportedly sighted at Lourdes in 1858? Mary (WTG OG)

14. "Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that" what? Kit Kat bar

15. What is Baby's real first name in "Dirty Dancing"? Frances

16. Which frontiersman was also a member of Congress? Davy Crockett (WTG OG)

17. Humphrey Bogart wore what kind of hat in many of his 1950s films? fedora

18. Six of the 10 most populous cities in the U.S. are located in which two states? California and Texas

19. Manzanilla, Petit Lucques and Nyons are all types of what? olives

20. CHNOPS elements - the building blocks of all life on Earth - are carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous and what? sulfur (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. What Japanese expression—which translates literally to English as “10,000 years”—was traditionally used to wish someone a long life?

22. Which tribe did Sitting Bull lead against General Custer at the Battle of Little Big Horn?

23. Which real life artist does John Leguizamo play in film Moulin Rouge?

24. What is the collective noun for a group of pugs (as in the dog): fumble, tumble, bumble or grumble?

25. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night" is a famous quote from which 1950 Bette Davis classic?

26. Which country currently has the most armed forces deployed overseas?

27. Steven Tyler is lead singer of which popular 70s band that will play its farewell tour over the next few years?

28. Dick Van played the lead role in which TV mystery series?

29. What classic 1950s film stars Audrey Hepburn as a princess who falls for a journalist?

30. What is the name of the traditional Vietnamese soup made with rice noodles, herbs, and a flavorful broth, often served with meat or seafood?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. NOW I KNOW
22. THAT WAS JUST IN THE NEWSPAPER YESTERDAY AS THE 26TH WAS THE ANNIVERSARY...LAKOTA AND CHEYENNE
23. TOULOUSE LAUTREC
24. TUMBLE
25. ALL ABOUT EVE
26. USA
27. AEROSMITH
28. MATLOCK
29. ROMAN HOLLIDAY
3O. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
24.grumble
26.All About Eve
26.USA???
27.Aerosmith
28.Matlock -on in repeats here
30.Vietnamese flavourful broth

My back doing better -I had a swollen back -now much less swollen -acupuncture works

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2023 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. Sayonara

22. Commanche

23. Toulouse Latrec

24. tumble

25. dunno, Bigdog asleep, he would know

26. USA

27. dunno

28. can't recall, although I might know

29. dunno, Bigdog would know

30. Pho - I like it a lot

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

21. What Japanese expression—which translates literally to English as “10,000 years”—was traditionally used to wish someone a long life? bansai

22. Which tribe did Sitting Bull lead against General Custer at the Battle of Little Big Horn? Sioux

23. Which real life artist does John Leguizamo play in film Moulin Rouge? Toulouse Lautrec

24. What is the collective noun for a group of pugs (as in the dog): fumble, tumble, bumble or grumble? grumble (WTG Dean)

25. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night" is a famous quote from which 1950 Bette Davis classic? All About Eve

26. Which country currently has the most armed forces deployed overseas? USA

27. Steven Tyler is lead singer of which popular 70s band that will play its farewell tour over the next few years? Aerosmith

28. Dick Van •••• played the lead role in which TV mystery series? Diagnosis: Murder

29. What classic 1950s film stars Audrey Hepburn as a princess who falls for a journalist? Roman Holiday (WTG OG)

30. What is the name of the traditional Vietnamese soup made with rice noodles, herbs, and a flavorful broth, often served with meat or seafood? Pho (WTG Juju, isn't it good?)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. “They’re as fresh as the breeze / Serve ‘em any way you please / Nature made them nice and neat / All you do is heat and eat.” Those are the lyrics to the original jingle composed for what advertising campaign, which launched in 1976?

32. Lee Meriwether won the Miss America title in 1955. She’s known for playing Catwoman in the ’60s, and for playing a vampire named Lily in the ’80s. What was Lily’s last name?

33. The first U.S. president to have a middle name is almost always referred to by his first, middle, and last names. Who was he?

34. What does the greeting “namaste” mean in Sanskrit?

35. What was Stephen King’s first published novel?

36. Recently a group of what kind of sea creature seemed to lead orchestrated attacks that sank three boats off the coast of Portugal?

37. A carbohydrate consists of carbon, hydrogen and what other element?

38. Citius - Altius - Fortius is the official motto of the Olympics, meaning Faster - Higher - "what"?

39. Whose wife cut off the tails of the three blind mice?

40. Elton John and Tim Rice won an Oscar in 1995 for Can You Feel the Love for which musical?