TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through May 10, 2023 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
61. RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL?
62. INDIANA, ILLINOIS, IOWA
63. NO IDEA
64. GREEK
65. MECCA?
66. I DID NOT KNOW THAT
67. NO IDEA
68. NO IDEA
69. WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
70. NO IDEA...4?
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
61.Radio City Music Hall
62.Michigan , Minnesota, Montana
64.Greek
65.Mecca ???
68.cricket
69.When Harry Met Sally
70.no idea -6?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 07, 2023 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Was just going to do a drive-by but decided to go with all of them, as Bigdog is still awake for the Pacman question:

61. Radio City Music Hall

62. Indiana Illinois Iowa

63. grassy knoll

64. Greek

65. Mecca

66. James Patterson has published under other names, but I don't know what they are

67. probably carbon footprint

68. baseball

69. When Harry Met Sally

70. 4

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

61. Chinese pianist Yuja Wang performed with the Philadelphia Orchestra on October 7, 2021, for the post-COVID reopening of what legendary New York City music venue? Carnegie hall

62. If you wanted to travel through three adjacent U.S. states that all started with the same letter, you would have to travel through which three states? Iowa, Illinois, Indiana

63. The Warren Commission officially claimed a "single-bullet theory" for the assassination of President Kennedy. Conspiracy theorists / detractors claim that another bullet was fired nearby. Now slang for conspiracy theories broadly, what is the name for this alternative firing location? Grassy Knoll (WTG Juju)

64. Along with Ancient Egyptian, the Rosetta Stone, carved during the Hellenistic period and key to the deciphering of hieroglyphics, features which other language? Greek

65. The first known instance of banning coffee was in a Saudi Arabian holy city in 1511 as the drink was believed to stimulate radical thinking. What was this anti-joe city? Mecca

66. Although he published over 60 books under a different name, who published 13 books under the name Theo LeSieg and one book under the name Rosetta Stone? Dr. Seuss (real name Theodore Geisel)

67. The total amount of greenhouse gas emissions created by human activity is better known by what two-word term which originated from a concept conceived by environmentalists William E. Rees and Dr. Mathis Wackernagel during the 1990s? Carbon Footprint (WTG Juju)

68. After football (soccer), what is the second most popular sport in the world? cricket (WTG Dean)

69. A sign reading "Hope You Have What She Had!" still hangs over a booth in Manhattan's Katz's Delicatessen where a scene from what romantic comedy was filmed? When Harry Met Sally

70. How many ghosts chase Pac-Man at the start of each game? 4 (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. Who was rescued by the flying island of Laputa on his third voyage?

72. Lake Vänern is the largest lake in which country?

73. The ulnar nerve is more commonly known as what?

74. What Russian ruler instituted a tax on beards?

75. What type of powdered metal forms images produced in an Etch A Sketch?

76. The most famous character of recently deceased comedian Barry Humphries was Dame "Who" Everage?

77. Finish the proverb: "Barking dogs seldom ... " what?

78. What is a "Schwinn Regioneer Step-Thru"?

79. The blue whale is the largest animal on the planet - the rare North Pacific "what" whale is second largest: right, left or center?

80. "Lethologica" refers to the inability to do what?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
72.Austria
74.Stalin?
73.funny bone
76.Edna
77.bite
79.centre

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 08, 2023 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. Gulliver

72. Switzerland, have not been there

73. funny bone

74. Ivan

75. aluminum

76. Edna

77. bite

78. bicycle (if they want more specific, perhaps girl's bicycle)

79. This seems like a comedic question - right whale

80. kill/commit murder

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
BACK LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

71. GULLIVER?
72. NOW I KNOW
73. FUNNY BONE
74. NOW I KNOW
75. ALUMINUM
76. EDNA
77. BITE?
78. NO IDEA
79. RIGHT
80. NO IDEA
}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

71. Who was rescued by the flying island of Laputa on his third voyage? Gulliver

72. Lake Vänern is the largest lake in which country? Sweden

73. The ulnar nerve is more commonly known as what? funny bone

74. What Russian ruler instituted a tax on beards? Peter the Great

75. What type of powdered metal forms images produced in an Etch A Sketch? aluminum

76. The most famous character of recently deceased comedian Barry Humphries was Dame "Who" Everage? Edna

77. Finish the proverb: "Barking dogs seldom ... " what? bite

78. What is a "Schwinn Regioneer Step-Thru"? bicycle (WTG Juju)

79. The blue whale is the largest animal on the planet - the rare North Pacific "what" whale is second largest: right, left or center? right

80. "Lethologica" refers to the inability to do what? remember a word or a name (Which I tend to do more and more as I get older)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. If you combine oil, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper, what allegedly regional foodstuff have you just made?

82. Del Close is a legendary improv actor and instructor who passed away in 1999. What did he bequeath to Chicago’s Goodman Theatre upon his death, under the condition that he receive credit as “Yorick” in future productions?

83. Many of the best-preserved Roman mosaics, like the famous Battle of Issus, were found on what parts of Roman palaces?

84. Which country presently produces the most wine in the world?

85. What type of creature was Legolas in J.R.R Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings?

86. Which 80s TV sitcom featured an alien from the planet Melmac?

87. What city is home to the Gum Wall?

88. La Croix, Perrier, and Spindrift are all brands of what drink?

89. Possibly Hawaii’s most scenic drive, the Road to Hana is on which island?

90. Pizzeria Uno helped popularize what city’s signature style of pizza?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. SALAD DRESSING
82. NO IDEA
83. BATHS?
84. ITALY
85. ELF
86. ALF
87. SEATTLE
88. WATER
89. MAUI...MY SECOND HOME
90. CHICAGO

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
81.bbq sauce?
82.Second City?
83.baths?
84.Italy?
86.Alf
87.Chicago with Wrigley's there
88.h2o Water
89.Maui
90.Chicago

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2023 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. BBQ sauce

82. dunno

83. floors

84. USA

85. elf

86. Alf

87. Seattle - Have never seen it

88. foo-foo drinking water

89. Maui - we have driven it in a rented bright yellow Corvette convertible - best $200 I ever spent. We stopped in Maui on a cruise ship and I rented the Corvette for Bigdog to drive the Hana Highway. Oh it was a miserable trip. We didn't fit in the car. There was not enough room for my legs, and Bigdog's torso would not allow the top to be put off, so off we went sweating under the blazing sun. Oh, and the seats were uncomfortable. BUT, that wonderful trip did end all talk of Bigdog getting a Corvette. Thank you, baby Jeepbus. Did I mention it takes about 5-6 hours to drive the Hana Highway because of all the one lane switchbacks?

90. Chicago - one of the best things about leaving Illinois was no interminable discussions of whether Uno's or Due's pizza was better.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

81. If you combine oil, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper, what allegedly regional foodstuff have you just made? French dressing (I will give you that one, WTG OG)

82. Del Close is a legendary improv actor and instructor who passed away in 1999. What did he bequeath to Chicago’s Goodman Theatre upon his death, under the condition that he receive credit as “Yorick” in future productions? his own skull

83. Many of the best-preserved Roman mosaics, like the famous Battle of Issus, were found on what parts of Roman palaces? on the floor (WTG Juju)

84. Which country presently produces the most wine in the world? Italy

85. What type of creature was Legolas in J.R.R Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings? elf

86. Which 80s TV sitcom featured an alien from the planet Melmac? ALF

87. What city is home to the Gum Wall? Seattle (makes me gag just thinking about it and if I ever get to Seattle , I am a huge Seahawks fan and talk about going there, I will definitely not hit up that site)

88. La Croix, Perrier, and Spindrift are all brands of what drink? sparkling water (Juju, you get a WTG just for the foo foo alone!)

89. Possibly Hawaii’s most scenic drive, the Road to Hana is on which island? Maui

90. Pizzeria Uno helped popularize what city’s signature style of pizza? Chicago

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. What video game company got its name from a Japanese verb that means “to hit the target”?

92. Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven was almost another animal - which of these do you think it was: vulture, parrot, rat or crow?

93. Number 1, Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California, is the HQ address of which tech company?

94. Where is the tallest statue in the world located?

95. Germany, Russia, the USA and which other country has more than 5000 museums?

96. And Just Like That is the reboot of which popular late 90s TV show?

97. According to legend, what liquid does Cupid use when whetting his arrows?

98. Cups of wine are drunk during Seder. What do people who can't drink wine drink at the Seder?

99. What shark is thought to have been the largest in Earth's history?

100. Yerevan is the capital of what country?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. ATARI
92. CROW?
93. FACEBOOK
94. NO IDEA
95. JAPAN?
96. NO IDEA
97. WINE?
98. WATER?
99. NO IDEA
100. NOW I KNOW

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
92.crow
93.Meta aka Facebook
94.Canada?
95.China?
98 water aka h2o
99 great white?
100.Lybia?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Atari

92. crow

93. Fcebook/Meta

94. Well, it is going to be a Buddha and likely in China. I may or may not have seen it.

95. China

96. dunno

97. honey

98. grape juice

99. whale shark

100. dunno

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2023 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am departing tomorrow morning for an 8 night Alaska cruise, Seabourn Odyssey, will be back May 19.