TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 01, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through April 01, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Huh! I wasn't expecting to get Abyssinian cat right, but there ARE images of cats on ancient Egyptian tombs ...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

61. Louisiana Purchase

62. Bigdog says Kuiper Belt

63. The Gambia - I have been there and so has Amazing Race - I inadvertently booked Bigdog and I on a jungle treetop walk that I had seen on Amazing Race and commented at the time that I didn't know if I could do that. We were walking on about a foot-wide board on ropes strung among treetops, and even though you could not possibly fall to the ground, it was still terrifying. The only thing that saved me was the woman behind me was even more terrified than me, so I told her to take my hand. So, I not only did it, but I did it with one hand behind my back.

64. The Legionaires

65. Oh, Jeff somebody, it will come to me. Jeff Daniels. One of the worst movies I have seen, but I have a niece who just LOVED IT.

66. Valley Forge

67. harangue

68. The Jerk

69. suspension - I have been on it many times, walked about halfway across it from the SF side, then returned.

70. Kermit

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

61. What name is given to the 1803 acquisition by the United States of 530 million acres of land from France for $15 million? Louisiana Purchase

62. Twenty times as wide as the asteroid belt, what name is given to the circumstellar disc of objects beyond the orbit of Neptune? Kuiper Belt (WTG Juju or should I say Bigdog?)

63. What is the smallest country by area on mainland Africa? Gambia (You are my hero, Juju)

64. Two hundred people were hospitalized with a strange bacterial pneumonia in July of 1976. All of them had contracted it while attending a convention for what veterans association? American Legion

65. Who appears alongside Jim Carrey in the 1994 movie "Dumb and Dumber"? Jeff Daniels

66. What was the name of the place where Washington’s troops encamped in the winter of 1777? Valley Forge

67. A group of hippopotamuses is called what? a bloat

68. In what movie does Steve Martin play the character of Navin Johnson? The Jerk (WTG Juju)

69. What type of bridge is the Golden Gate Bridge? suspension

70. Which Muppet has their own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Kermit the Frog

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

71. Bendini, Lambert & Locke is the titular practice in what 1991 John Grisham novel?

72. Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt starred in what 2021 film based on a Disney ride?

73. Though it’s dwarfed by the mid-ocean ridge, what is the world’s longest mountain chain on dry land?

74. The initials in E.L.F. Cosmetics represent what three above-the-neck features?

75. What traditional ballroom dance is also a popular street dance at Carnival in Rio de Janeiro?

76. What 20th century artist carried a gun loaded with blanks, which he would fire at people asking what his art meant?

77. The patent for the Package Saver shows a 3- legged piece of plastic placed on top of what popular delivery food?

78. When did barber Merle Robbins invent Uno: 1961, 1971, 1981 or 1991?

79. What movie has the famous line 'You can't handle the truth!'?

80. What is the name of the biggest part of the human brain?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
71. NO IDEA
72. JUNGLE CRUISE
73. THE ANDES
74. EARS-LIPS-FACE
75. SAMBA
76. NOW I KNOW...IDIOT
77. NO IDEA
78. 1971?
79. A FEW GOOD MEN...I JUST READ THE OTHER DAY THAT HE AD-LIB THAT REMARK.
80. NOW I KNOW
}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. The Firm

72. Small World, no idea

73. Andes

74. eyes - lips - face

75. samba

76. Had to be Picasso

77. pizza

78. 1961

79. A Few Good Men

80. cerebrum

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

71. Bendini, Lambert & Locke is the titular practice in what 1991 John Grisham novel? The Firm (WTG Juju)

72. Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt starred in what 2021 film based on a Disney ride? Jungle Cruise (WTG OG)

73. Though it’s dwarfed by the mid-ocean ridge, what is the world’s longest mountain chain on dry land? Andes

74. The initials in E.L.F. Cosmetics represent what three above-the-neck features? eyes, lip, face

75. What traditional ballroom dance is also a popular street dance at Carnival in Rio de Janeiro? samba

76. What 20th century artist carried a gun loaded with blanks, which he would fire at people asking what his art meant? Picasso (WTG Juju)

77. The patent for the Package Saver shows a 3- legged piece of plastic placed on top of what popular delivery food? Pizza (WTG Juju)

78. When did barber Merle Robbins invent Uno: 1961, 1971, 1981 or 1991?

79. What movie has the famous line 'You can't handle the truth!'? A Few Good Men

80. What is the name of the biggest part of the human brain? cerebrum (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. What “Designing Women” actor voiced Bo Peep in the “Toy Story” movies and played Janine the receptionist in the original “Ghostbusters” films?

82. Based on its original name, the Rhodesian Ridgeback is a dog bred to hunt what African animal?

83. In order to monetize content on YouTube, a channel needs – among other requirements – a minimum of how many subscribers?

84. Which historic bay is situated central to three Canadian provinces?

85. After offering service at the speed of sound, the Top Hat restaurant changed its name to what?

86. Julius is the mustachioed mascot for what brand of potato chips?

87. Each year, the person in what position appoints the U.S. poet laureate?

88. Originating in New England, similar to sugar cookies, what cookies are rolled in cinnamon sugar?

89. Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) made The Cat in the Hat using only 236 unique words. Later, Random House co-founder Bennett Cerf bet him $50 he couldn’t do it with just 50 words. Seuss rose to the occasion by writing what 1960 book?

90. Famous for the line, "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning," who plays Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore in Apocalypse Now?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
81. ANNIE POTTS...LOVE HER IN YOUNG SHELDON
82. LIONS
83. INTERESTING
84. HUDSON BAY
85. SONIC?
86. PRINGLES
87. LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
88. SNICKERDOODLES
89. GREEN EGGS AND HAM
90. ROBERT DUVALL

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I am back and jet lagged -almost sleep no sleep on the planes and 6 hours time diff
81.Annie Potts
84.Hudson Bay -named after Henry Hudson
86.Pringles
87.VP??
89.Green Eggs and Ham
}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 31, 2023 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! Welcome back from Paradise, Dean! I can never sleep on a plane. Hope you rest up today.

Answers:

81. What “Designing Women” actor voiced Bo Peep in the “Toy Story” movies and played Janine the receptionist in the original “Ghostbusters” films? Annie Potts (I too love her on Young Sheldon)

82. Based on its original name, the Rhodesian Ridgeback is a dog bred to hunt what African animal? lions (doesn't seem like a fair fight!) (WTG OG)

83. In order to monetize content on YouTube, a channel needs – among other requirements – a minimum of how many subscribers? 1000 (WTG Dean)

84. Which historic bay is situated central to three Canadian provinces? Hudson

85. After offering service at the speed of sound, the Top Hat restaurant changed its name to what? Sonic (WTG OG)

86. Julius is the mustachioed mascot for what brand of potato chips? Pringles

87. Each year, the person in what position appoints the U.S. poet laureate? Librarian of Congress (WTG OG)

88. Originating in New England, similar to sugar cookies, what cookies are rolled in cinnamon sugar? Snickerdoodles (WTG OG)

89. Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) made The Cat in the Hat using only 236 unique words. Later, Random House co-founder Bennett Cerf bet him $50 he couldn’t do it with just 50 words. Seuss rose to the occasion by writing what 1960 book? Green Eggs and Ham

90. Famous for the line, "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning," who plays Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore in Apocalypse Now? Robert Duvall (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 31, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. What is a type of clear soup made from richly flavored stock or broth that has been clarified, a process that uses egg whites to remove fat and sediment?

92. For what work is sculptor Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi best known?

93. What U.S. state is known as the Keystone State?

94. Ichthyology is the scientific study of what?

95. Which is the only country to have played in every World Cup?

96. In the first book of mystery writer Sue Grafton’s “Alphabet series”, what did A stand for?

97. What metal makes up the majority of U.S. nickel, dime, quarter and half-dollar coins?

98. Created by Darren Star, what Lily Collins Netflix series is filmed in France?

99. Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire all precede what cruise line in the names of its ships?

100. Described by The Washington Post as “the house people love to hate”, oversized ugly homes have what “fast food” nickname?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 31, 2023 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. CONSOMME
92. STATUE OF LIBERTY
93. PENNSYLVANIA
94. FISH
95. BRAZIL
96. ALIBI
97. COPPER
98. NO IDEA
99. PRINCESS
100. PIZZA? NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, March 31, 2023 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
95.Brazil?
100.Hamburger

I slept in till about 930am as I was due at the seniors club. I will be fine soon. On the one flight some have the 1st class seats were backwards , like a section of 4 . Could fly backwards ?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 31, 2023 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. consommé

92. Statue of Liberty

93. Pennsylvania

94. fish

95. Brazil

96. Arson

97. copper

98. Emily in Paris - for some reason I have watched a couple episodes of this, even though I do not have Netflix. Not sure how I did it. I thought it was a kind of silly show.

99. Princess Cruise Lines

100. McMansions - my wealthy niece always lives in one wherever she goes

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

91. What is a type of clear soup made from richly flavored stock or broth that has been clarified, a process that uses egg whites to remove fat and sediment? consomme

92. For what work is sculptor Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi best known? Statue of Liberty

93. What U.S. state is known as the Keystone State? Pennsylvania

94. Ichthyology is the scientific study of what? fish

95. Which is the only country to have played in every World Cup? Brazil

96. In the first book of mystery writer Sue Grafton’s “Alphabet series”, what did A stand for? Alibi (WTG OG)

97. What metal makes up the majority of U.S. nickel, dime, quarter and half-dollar coins? copper

98. Created by Darren Star, what Lily Collins Netflix series is filmed in France? Emily in Paris (WTG Juju)

99. Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire all precede what cruise line in the names of its ships? Princess

100. Described by The Washington Post as “the house people love to hate”, oversized ugly homes have what “fast food” nickname? McMansions (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. Which country has the longest coastline in Europe?

2. Gold was deposited into Earth’s crust billions of years ago by what?

3. What is the structure on a beluga’s forehead called?

4. What breakfast cocktail was created at the Ritz Hotel in Paris in 1925?

5. What British television character travels through time using a TARDIS?

6. What is the smallest country in Central America?

7. What is the name given to the last week of Lent?

8. What was the last name of Floyd the barber on The Andy Griffith Show?

9. What is the answer to the riddle of the sphinx?

10. According to the first line of the Elvis Presley song, who or what says Only Fools Rush In?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. NORWAY...I JUST SAW THAT THIS MORNING ON FACEBOOK
2. GOD'S HAND
3. MELON
4. NOW I KNOW
5. DR. WHO...I HAVE NEVER WATCHED IT
6. EL SALVADOR
7. PASSOVER
8. NOW I KNOW
9. MAN
10. WHERE ANGELS

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Norway -2nd choice Russia
4.Samosa
5.Dr Who?
6.Panama
10.Angels

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. Toss-up between Russia and Norway, but will go with Norway because of all the fjords.

2. asteroids

3. bubble

4. Another toss-up between mimosa and Bloody Mary, neither of which sounds French. Will go with Bloody Mary

5. dunno

6. El Salvador (not San Salvador, which is the capital, unless I have that backwards).

7. Passover

8. dunno, nor does Bigdog

9. man

10. wise men