TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through March 17, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

1. Who was the first African American to win a best actor Academy Award? Sidney Poitier

2. Which film earned Cher her Oscar for best actress? Moonstruck

3. Which film won Steven Spielberg his first Academy Award as best director? Schindler's List

4. What movie did Denzel Washington win a best actor Oscar for in 2002? Training Day

5. Who was nominated for the Academy Award for best actress for her role in the 1962 movie What Ever Happened to Baby Jane, losing out to Anne Bancroft in a major surprise? Bette Davis

6. What is the only character in film that has won two different actors the Academy Award? Vito Corleone (Played by Marlon Brando in Godfather and Rober deNiro in Godfather II)

7. What was the first movie to win best picture at the Oscars? Wings (WTG OG)

8. Which film earned Robin Williams his only Academy Award? Good Will Hunting

9. Who was the first person to accrue ten Academy Award nominations for acting? Bette Davis

10. What is the Academy Award statue holding? a Crusader's sword

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. According to the rules of Monopoly, how much money does each player start with?

12. What island was beset by three decades of sectarian violence in the latter half of the 20th century, collectively known as “The Troubles”?

13. What kind of tree appears in the foreground of van Gogh’s The Starry Night?

14. In which Shakespeare play does the character Horatio appear?

15. In what state did the greatest number of Oregon Trail emigrants settle?

16. Who became the fourth musketeer?

17. Where is Casablanca?

18. Donald Trump once sued the NFL and won - how much was he awarded?

19. According to Greek legend, which giant bronze statue once guarded the island of Crete by throwing parts of mountains at enemy ships?

20. What sets Dolores Hart, an Oscar-voting member of the Academy, apart from other voting members?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. I'VE FORGOTTEN
12. NORTHERN IRELAND
13. NOW I KNOW
14. HAMLET...I KNEW HIM WELL, HORATIO.
15. OREGON MAKES SENSE TO ME...THEY CHOSE WELL!
16. D'ARTAGNAN
17. MOROCCO
18. ICK!
19. NO IDEA
20. SHE IS A NUN.
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.200? possibly 500 -have not played in decades
14.I am guessing Oregon
16.Horatio
17.Morocco
18.hoping not more than 2 cents -so they gave him his 2 cents worth
19.been to Crete some 25 years ago -cant recall
20.she is a nurse?

I leave bright and early tomorrow ., so I will be by only sometimes . Hope all are well

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think the Joker might also be a correct answer to the two academy awards question, although Heath Ledger won it posthumously.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. It was quite a lot of money when I played Monopoly as a child, like $2000

12. Not sure what the island is called, if not Ireland. It is the one that contains Ireland at the bottom and Northern Ireland at the top.

13. pine

14. MacBeth

15. California

16. D'Artagnon

17. Morocco - I have been to Casablanca and Agadir, Morocco. Casablanca was a little scary, and I think we had armed guards protecting our tour group and bus.

18. $100, no idea

19. Zeus

20. dunno

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

11. According to the rules of Monopoly, how much money does each player start with? $1500

12. What island was beset by three decades of sectarian violence in the latter half of the 20th century, collectively known as “The Troubles”? Ireland

13. What kind of tree appears in the foreground of van Gogh’s The Starry Night? cypress

14. In which Shakespeare play does the character Horatio appear? Hamlet (WTG OG)

15. In what state did the greatest number of Oregon Trail emigrants settle? California (WTG Juju)

16. Who became the fourth musketeer? D'Artagnan

17. Where is Casablanca? Morocco

18. Donald Trump once sued the NFL and won - how much was he awarded? $1 (And you know that loser thought he won bigly!)

19. According to Greek legend, which giant bronze statue once guarded the island of Crete by throwing parts of mountains at enemy ships? Talos

20. What sets Dolores Hart, an Oscar-voting member of the Academy, apart from other voting members? she is a nun (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. “White Coat Syndrome” is the informal name for a real medical condition in which a person’s blood pressure rises whenever they do… what?

22. Fans of nursery rhymes may know that an ottoman or sitting stool with no visible feet or legs is known by what six-letter name?

23. How many eyes does a caterpillar have?

24. “There’s no other band stupid enough to do this,” said Dave Grohl on what group’s 2022 horror comedy film “Studio 666”?

25. The sacrocaudalis muscles allow dogs to move what part of their body?

26. Rudyard Kipling wrote what poem about a water carrier for British soldiers?

27. James Cook discovered the strait that now bears his name between the main islands of what country?

28. What small, tender, often expensive steak with a French name comes from the short loin of a cow?

29. “Betcha can’t eat just one” is the slogan of what popular chip brand?

30. What are the most popular dry beans in the United States?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. WHEN A DOCTOR TAKES THEIR B/P
22. TUFFET
23. NO IDEA
24. NO IDEA
25. TAIL?
26. KIM
27. NEW ZEALAND?
28. TENDERLOIN
29. LAYS
30. PINTO BEANS

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. get their blood pressure taken in the doctor's office - which I did just this morning! It was pretty doggone good today (of course I was secretly taking deep breaths and slowly exhaling just before). I always tell the nurse I have white coat syndrome.

22. tuffet

23. 16

24. dunno

25. tail

26. Gunga Din - "Din, Din, Din! Where the divil ha' ya' been??

27. New Zealand

28. filet mignon

29. Lays

30. navy beans

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

21. “White Coat Syndrome” is the informal name for a real medical condition in which a person’s blood pressure rises whenever they do… what? visit the doctor (Mine does too, Juju)

22. Fans of nursery rhymes may know that an ottoman or sitting stool with no visible feet or legs is known by what six-letter name? tuffet

23. How many eyes does a caterpillar have? 12

24. “There’s no other band stupid enough to do this,” said Dave Grohl on what group’s 2022 horror comedy film “Studio 666”? foo Fighters

25. The sacrocaudalis muscles allow dogs to move what part of their body? tail

26. Rudyard Kipling wrote what poem about a water carrier for British soldiers? Gunga Din (WTG Juju)

27. James Cook discovered the strait that now bears his name between the main islands of what country? New Zealand

28. What small, tender, often expensive steak with a French name comes from the short loin of a cow? filet mignon (WTG Juju)

29. “Betcha can’t eat just one” is the slogan of what popular chip brand? Lay's

30. What are the most popular dry beans in the United States? pinto beans (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. Which African country—whose largest ethnic groups are the Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba—is home to the continent’s largest economy?

32. According to scientific estimates, how many hours were in an Earth day after the Moon first formed: 6, 13, or 20?

33. In 2022, Brad Pitt said he suffers from a condition called prosopagnosia, which is the inability to recognize what?

34. The feature film “The Many Saints of Newark” was a prequel to what HBO crime drama?

35. Trimmed appliques are placed on a surface and covered in lacquer in what French-named art form, meaning “to cut out”?

36. Research shows that IQ levels rise in areas where people eat salt that has what element added to it?

37. Nicknamed “the ocean’s hot dog”, what food item was introduced by the Gorton Company in the 50s?

38. Nicknamed “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, Waimea Canyon is located on what Hawaiian island?

39. In 1930, what company cooperative was established in South Hanson, Massachusetts by 3 fruit growers?

40. Which of Aesop’s Fables teaches that kindness is never wasted?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. NIGERIA
32. 13
33. FACES
34. SOPRANOS
35. DECLAPOGE. SP
36. IODINE
37. FISH STICKS
38. NO IDEA
39. NOW I KNOW
40. NOW I KNOW

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
31. ?
32. 13?
33. Faces
34. The Sopranos
35. Decoupage?
36. Iodine
37. Fish sticks
38. Hawaii?
39. ?
40. ?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. Probably Nigeria, although most of its economy is overseas fraud.

32. dunno, 13

33. dunno

34. dunno

35. decoup0age

36. iodine

37. LOL, fish stick

38. Kauai - I spent the summer of my 19th year there, after both of my parents died young. I have been to the top of the Waimea Canyon but have not done the challenging hike.

39. Probably Ocean Spray

40. the mouse and the lion

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

31. Which African country—whose largest ethnic groups are the Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba—is home to the continent’s largest economy? Nigeria

32. According to scientific estimates, how many hours were in an Earth day after the Moon first formed: 6, 13, or 20? 6

33. In 2022, Brad Pitt said he suffers from a condition called prosopagnosia, which is the inability to recognize what? faces

34. The feature film “The Many Saints of Newark” was a prequel to what HBO crime drama? The Sopranos

35. Trimmed appliques are placed on a surface and covered in lacquer in what French-named art form, meaning “to cut out”? decoupage

36. Research shows that IQ levels rise in areas where people eat salt that has what element added to it? iodine

37. Nicknamed “the ocean’s hot dog”, what food item was introduced by the Gorton Company in the 50s? fish sticks

38. Nicknamed “the Grand Canyon of the Pacific”, Waimea Canyon is located on what Hawaiian island? kauai (WTG Juju, my mommy's home island, born and raised there)

39. In 1930, what company cooperative was established in South Hanson, Massachusetts by 3 fruit growers? Ocean Spray (WTG Juju)

40. Which of Aesop’s Fables teaches that kindness is never wasted? the lion and the mouse (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. Amazon has Alexa. Apple has Siri. Who has Cortana?

42. Woodworker William Brouwer is credited with designing a sofa bed frame for what Japanese bedroll?

43. 80% of Hong Kong residents use toilets that are refilled by water from what renewable source?

44. Event names “Rumble in the Jungle” and “Thrilla in Manila” were coined by what flamboyant boxing promoter?

45. Starting with Martin Van Buren, what state has had 4 of its governors go on to serve as US president?

46. What western wear clothing company makes the official jeans of the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association?

47. Coca-Cola introduced what green citrus-flavored soda to compete with Mountain Dew?

48. Originally selling soap and candles in 1806, what company didn’t start offering toothpaste until 1873?

49. In Arthurian legend, what enchantress is often depicted as King Arthur’s sister?

50. What mountain range shares a name with a well-known type of chair?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. NO IDEA
42. FUTON
43. SEA WATER
44. ALI
45. OHIO?
46. WRANGLER
47. FRESCA
48. COLGATE?
49. NO IDEA
50. ROCKING CHAIR
}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

41. Microsoft Windows

42. futon

43. rain water - I have been to Hong Kong, and it is pretty weird but very common to see apartments with cisterns for collected rainwater

44. Don King

45. Delaware

46. Wrangler

47. Mello Yellow

48. Colgate

49. dunno

50. Adirondack

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

41. Amazon has Alexa. Apple has Siri. Who has Cortana? Microsoft (WTG Juju)

42. Woodworker William Brouwer is credited with designing a sofa bed frame for what Japanese bedroll? futon

43. 80% of Hong Kong residents use toilets that are refilled by water from what renewable source? ocean (WTG OG)

44. Event names “Rumble in the Jungle” and “Thrilla in Manila” were coined by what flamboyant boxing promoter? Don King (WTG Juju)

45. Starting with Martin Van Buren, what state has had 4 of its governors go on to serve as US president? New York

46. What western wear clothing company makes the official jeans of the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association? Wrangler

47. Coca-Cola introduced what green citrus-flavored soda to compete with Mountain Dew? Surge

48. Originally selling soap and candles in 1806, what company didn’t start offering toothpaste until 1873? Colgate

49. In Arthurian legend, what enchantress is often depicted as King Arthur’s sister? Morgana

50. What mountain range shares a name with a well-known type of chair? Andirondacks (WTG Juju)