TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 22, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through February 22, 2023 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

91. How is the medical condition bromhidrosis more commonly known? body odor

92. What was the original name of Rodin’s sculpture The Thinker? The Poet

93. The inscription “Pass and Stow” appears on which US monument? Liberty Bell

94. What name is given to the line on the Earth’s surface that divides the daylit side and the dark night side? The Terminator or the Twilight Zone (WTG Juju)

95. What condiment can polish brass, copper, and silver utensils? ketchup

96. Cupid is described as having which ailment, according to Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"? blindness (WTG OG)

97. Which legendary actress played the role of Mrs. Gump (Forrest's mother)? Sally Field

98. Which rock musician did Cher marry on June 30th 1975? Greg Allman

99. Which element is present in all acids? hydrogen

100. What Alaskan city covers more land area than the state Delaware: Anchorage, Juneau or Nome? Juneau (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. What gemstone is named from the Greek for not intoxicated?

2. What is the best-selling breakfast cereal in the United States: Raisin Bran, Froot Loops, Honey Nut Cheerios, or Cap N Crunch?

3. The kookaburra is known for replicating what sound?

4. Nullarbor Plain, the longest stretch of straight railway in the world, is in which Country?

5. What is the ultimate goal for Buddhists?

6. Around 500 years ago, which now extinct giant flightless birds inhabited the islands of New Zealand?

7. Which organ produces the excretory product urea?

8. At the beginning of a game of chess, how many blank playing spaces are on the board?

9. In nature, what is a red admiral?

10. In tennis, what is the next score after "deuce"?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. NO IDEA
2. CHEERIOS
3. LAUGHING
4. AUSTRALIA
5. NIRVANA
6. MOAS
7. LIVER
8. NO IDEA
9. BUTTERFLY
1O. ADVANTAGE

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
1. ?
2. Honey Nut Cheerios
3. Laughter
4. ?
5. Nirvana
6. ?
7. Liver
8. 40?
9. ?
10. Advantage

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
2.Cheerios
3.laughter
5.peace/happiness or nirvana
7.liver
8.48?
10.advantage

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 20, 2023 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. not intoxicated is the same as sober, so what sounds like sober? sapphire

2. Cap N Crunch

3. Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree. Merry, merry king of the bush is he. Laugh kookaburra, laugh kookaburra, gay your life must be. We used to sing this in Girl Guides in Australia, unless I was too young at the time, and it was my sister in Girl Guides.

4. We just had a kookaburra question, so I am going to say Australia, and Nullabora might be an aborigine word But the outback is almost all flat dry terrain, except for Uluru. Second guess would be India.

5. nirvana

6. rhea and moa come to mind as extinct large flightless birds, but I am not sure of the countries, both probably south of the equator. Will go with moa

7. kidney

8. 16

9. Well, let's try this answer again, since the other night's answer was lizard - butterfly

10. advantage

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

1. What gemstone is named from the Greek for not intoxicated? amethyst

2. What is the best-selling breakfast cereal in the United States: Raisin Bran, Froot Loops, Honey Nut Cheerios, or Cap N Crunch? Honey Nut Cheerios

3. The kookaburra is known for replicating what sound? laughing

4. Nullarbor Plain, the longest stretch of straight railway in the world, is in which Country? Australia

5. What is the ultimate goal for Buddhists? Nirvana

6. Around 500 years ago, which now extinct giant flightless birds inhabited the islands of New Zealand? moa

7. Which organ produces the excretory product urea? liver

8. At the beginning of a game of chess, how many blank playing spaces are on the board? 32 (64 total and each player has 16)

9. In nature, what is a red admiral? butterfly

10. In tennis, what is the next score after "deuce"? advantage

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. What U.S. city welcomes more than 75 million tourists each year, and may have been named after the protagonist of the Shakespeare play “As You Like It”?

12. On his travels, Marco Polo wrote that he passed the supposed final resting place of what Biblical artifact?

13. Most “Best in Show” winners at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show belong to what group?

14. What items could only be worn by people of a certain social status in Puritan New England?

15. Through marriage to an English baron, what star of “Knives Out” holds the title of Baroness Haden-Guest?

16. What British romance novelist’s best known works included “Hollywood Wives”?

17. Separating the chest and abdomen, what is the principal muscle of respiration?

18. Of the four main directions on a compass, the trade winds typically blow which way?

19. According to Etiquette Scholar, on what should you place your napkin when temporarily leaving the table during a meal?

20. Which British store inspired a period drama series about its conception?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. I DID NOT KNOW THAT
12. NOAH'S ARK
13. TERRIER...HAD ONE AND SHE WAS LIKE SPIT ON A GRIDDLE
14. GOLD
15. NO IDEA
16. JACKIE COLLINS
17. DIAPHRAGM
18. EAST
19. CHAIR?
20. SELFRIDGES...WATCHED THE TV SERIES

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
11. Drawing a blank
12. Ark of the Covenant?
13. ?
14. Items of color?
15. Jamie Lee Curtis
16. Jackie Collins
17. Diaphragm?
18. East?
19. Your chair
20. Sotheby’s?

My brain is dragging today.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Selfridges! Thank you, OG. I could not come up with the name. Lol

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, February 21, 2023 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.Raleigh
13.Terriers
15.Jamie Lee Curtis, Spencer Gest's wife
16.Jackie Collins
18.east?
19.chair?
20.Selfridges

My 2 year old great niece whose birthday is today is in emergency with a high fever. Prayers please for Zoe.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DONE, DEAD. UPDATE US WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING TO REPORT.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday! My prayers for Zoe. I totally understand, have been there with a baby. Hopefully she is home and resting soon.

Answers:

11. What U.S. city welcomes more than 75 million tourists each year, and may have been named after the protagonist of the Shakespeare play “As You Like It”? Orlando, Florida (And when you are at DisneyWorld, it feels like all 75 million are there at one time!)

12. On his travels, Marco Polo wrote that he passed the supposed final resting place of what Biblical artifact? Noah's Ark (WTG OG)

13. Most “Best in Show” winners at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show belong to what group? terriers

14. What items could only be worn by people of a certain social status in Puritan New England? silk hoods

15. Through marriage to an English baron, what star of “Knives Out” holds the title of Baroness Haden-Guest? Jamie Lee Curtis

16. What British romance novelist’s best known works included “Hollywood Wives”? Jackie Collins

17. Separating the chest and abdomen, what is the principal muscle of respiration? diaphragm

18. Of the four main directions on a compass, the trade winds typically blow which way? west

19. According to Etiquette Scholar, on what should you place your napkin when temporarily leaving the table during a meal? your chair

20. Which British store inspired a period drama series about its conception? Selfridge's

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. The first ever Wordle answer was what: stink, awake, pride, or cigar?

22. Technically called foamed polystyrene, styrofoam is at least 90% what?

23. Author Eleanor H. Porter created what title character whose name now means “an irritatingly cheerful person”?

24. The term “gustation” refers to which of the 5 senses?

25. Sales for what Italian shoe brand reportedly rose 30% in 1996 after they were mentioned in the O.J. Simpson trial?

26. What does the Energizer Bunny wear on his feet?

27. Which Disney Princess talks to the most animals?

28. 2023 is the Chinese year of the Rabbit, but is it the air, fire or water rabbit?

29. Who did Linda Eastman marry in 1969 in a civil ceremony?

30. Which animal can be found on the Toblerone logo?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
UP ABOVE IT WAS SUPOSED TO READ...DONE 'DEAN'. SORRY!

21. PRIDE
22. AIR
23. POLLYANNA
24. SMELLING?
25. I'VE FORGOTTEN
26. NOW I KNOW
27. SNOW WHITE
28. NOW I KNOW
29. PAUL McCARTNEY
30. BEAR...I JUST SAW THAT ON FACEBOOK TODAY

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
She came home at 10pm with advil/tylenol and the fever has gone down a bit -what a way to spend a birthday . She far from 100% better. Luckily my brother and sister in law are therre and the other grandparents nearby. My niece busty at work and her hubby away for work. Ty Og for kind thoughts and yes it took me 3 seconds to figure out the typo. Also thanks Granny trivia too for your kind words.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.cigar rings a bell
222.air
24.smell
26.big slippers
27.Snow White
28.air
29.Paul McCartney

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sending love and healing prayers to Zoe.

21. That bugger beat me today. How about ‘awake’?
22. Air
23. Pollyanna
24. Smell?
25. Bruno Magli (sp?)
26. Sneakers
27. Snow White?
28. Water?
29. Paul McCartney
30. Bear

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. awake

22. air

23. Pollyanna

24. taste

25. Bruno Magli

26. thongs

27. Cinderella

28. air

29. Paul McCartney

30. bear