TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through February 09, 2023 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
71.Latin
72.How long between elections?
74.Lighthouse?
76.My Brother
78.liquid -a drink
79.JFK?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 06, 2023 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

71. German

72. dunno

73. Probably a Bronco. We had a 1987 Bronco, and good Lord we loved that vehicle. We purchased it almost brand new and kept it forever, until if officially became a clunker, and turned it in under Obama's Cash for Clunkers program to get older vehicles off the road. At least one of us cried on the way home after turning it in and accepting that big check.

74. lighthouse

75. dunno

76. my brother

77. predator - is this a trick question? (I always ask that when the questions seem like gimmes. Sometimes I am surprised.)

78. beverage, liquid, drink

79. dunno

80. Plastics

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

71. What language was the Gutenberg Bible printed in? Latin

72. The 27th Amendment was ratified in 1992. It was written by James Madison and submitted to the first Congress, giving it a ratification period of over 202 years. What does the 27th Amendment prevent Congress from changing, except at specific times? their own salaries

73. What model line, which launched in 1965, did Ford discontinue in 1996 and replace with the Expedition? Bronco

74. Sullivan’s Island in Charleston, South Carolina, is the only one of America’s 700 of what structures to have an elevator? lighthouse

75. What did Benjamin Mee buy in Dartmoor, England in 2006, which inspired his book and later a Matt Damon film? a zoo

76. According to the Hollies and Neil Diamond, “the load doesn’t weigh me down at all” because “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s” what? my brother

77. Which word for an animal that preys on other animals comes from the Latin for ‘plunderer’? predator (Juju, sometimes I throw you a bone)

78. In what form was chocolate originally enjoyed? drink

79. Who was the first Roman Catholic to be Vice President of the United States of America? Joe Biden

80. What one word of advice does Benjamin's dad give to his son in 'The Graduate'? plastics

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

81. “I Value Xylophones Like Cows Do Milk.” This is a mnemonic device to help you remember… what?

82. In 2011, taxidermists at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame used food dye and formaldehyde to preserve the display of a stage outfit worn by whom?

83. In Yoga, the main centers of spiritual power in the human body are collectively known by what Sanskrit word?

84. Since 1998, William-Sonoma has specialized in what high-end candy for the holiday season?

85. Set on the sun-drenched streets of New York, what 2021 movie musical is based on a Lin-Manuel Miranda Tony-winner?

86. Who was the first elected U.S. President born after World War II?

87. Which comedian wrote the book I Am America (And So Can You!)?

88. What is the longest river in the UK?

89. The film Rocketman charts the rise of which 70s superstar?

90. "Larboard" is a nautical term referring to which side of a ship?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Happy Tuesday! :-)

81. Roman numerals
82. ?
83. Chakras
84. ?
85. In the Heights?
86. George W. Bush?
87. Stephen Colbert?
88. Thames?
89. Elton John
90. Left

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

81. I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT
82. NOW I KNOW
83. CHAKRAS
84. MARZIPAN?
85. NEVER HEARD OF IT
86. BILL CLINTON
87. NO IDEA
88. NOW I KNOW
89. ELTON JOHN
90. PORT...EASY WAY TO REMEMBER LEFT FROM RIGHT ON A SHIP...BOTH PORT AND LEFT HAVE 4 LETTERS
}}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
82. Swan outfit worn by a singer named Bjork - just came to me the name
83.Chakras
86.Clinton
89.Thames
89. Dwight Reginald aka Elton John
90.starboard

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, February 07, 2023 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. I almost didn't get this one, had never heard of it, and then I started trying to nut it out. It's the order of Roman numerals!

82. Elvis

83. chakra

84. truffles

85. dunno

86. Bill Clinton

87. dunno

88. Thames, although that is likely not correct

89. Elton John

90. Left side, more commonly referred to in modern times as port

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

81. “I Value Xylophones Like Cows Do Milk.” This is a mnemonic device to help you remember… what? Roman Numerals

82. In 2011, taxidermists at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame used food dye and formaldehyde to preserve the display of a stage outfit worn by whom? Lady Gaga (her meat dress)

83. In Yoga, the main centers of spiritual power in the human body are collectively known by what Sanskrit word? chakra

84. Since 1998, William-Sonoma has specialized in what high-end candy for the holiday season? peppermint bark

85. Set on the sun-drenched streets of New York, what 2021 movie musical is based on a Lin-Manuel Miranda Tony-winner? In the Heights (WTG Rieann)

86. Who was the first elected U.S. President born after World War II? Bill Clinton

87. Which comedian wrote the book I Am America (And So Can You!)? Stephen Colbert (WTG Rieann)

88. What is the longest river in the UK? Severn

89. The film Rocketman charts the rise of which 70s superstar? Elton John

90. "Larboard" is a nautical term referring to which side of a ship? left

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. What Oscar winner often ends “The View” with the signature sign-off “Take a little time to enjoy the view”?

92. The poem “In Flanders Fields” helped popularize the red variety of what flower as a symbol of remembrance?

93. What national pizza chain debuted stuffed crust pizza in 1995?

94. Home to the dwarf planet Pluto, what icy region of the solar system lies just beyond Neptune’s orbit?

95. Of Florida cities, which is the most populous?

96. Three talking frogs advertised which brand of beer in a Super Bowl ad?

97. What type of egg is cooked in a small dish in a water bath?

98. Who was the lead singer of Credence Clearwater Revival?

99. What cereal grain is used to make Pumpernickel bread?

100. The dish Tapenade is made from which main ingredient?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
91. Whoopi Goldberg
92. Poppy
93. Pizza Hut?
94. ?
95. Miami?
96. ?
97. Coddled?
98. John Fogerty
99. Rye
100. Olives

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
91.Whoppi Goldberg
92.poppy -we found beautiful poppy designs on plates which we gave away in trash or treasure area of our building
93.Pizza Hut
95.Miami
96.Miller ?
97.coddled -could be poached too
99.rye
100.Olives -yum

Happy Hump day all

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

91. WHOOPY GOLDBERG
92. POPPY
93. DOMINOS
94. NOW I KNOW
95. NOW I KNOW
96. BUD-WIZ-ER
97. CODDLED
98. NO IDEA
99. RYE
100. NO IDEA
}}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 08, 2023 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Whoopi Goldberg

92. poppy (In Flanders Field, the poppies grow, between the crosses row on row. And in the sky, the larks still bravely singing, fly. We are the dead, blah, blah, blah, and now we lie in Flanders Field)

93. Pizza Hut

94. crab nebula sticks in my mind for some reason

95. Miami

96. Budweiser

97. poached

98. don't know, although I loved CCR

99. rye

100. olives - So, about two days ago I was in my local Kroger affiliate grocery store and looking at items on the olive bar, when I noticed a man filling a VERY large container with giant spoonfuls of something all chopped up. I didn't know what it might be, so after he capped his container and left, I went over to see what he was getting so much of. Sign said tapenade.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

91. What Oscar winner often ends “The View” with the signature sign-off “Take a little time to enjoy the view”? Whoopi Goldberg

92. The poem “In Flanders Fields” helped popularize the red variety of what flower as a symbol of remembrance? poppy

93. What national pizza chain debuted stuffed crust pizza in 1995? Pizza Hut

94. Home to the dwarf planet Pluto, what icy region of the solar system lies just beyond Neptune’s orbit? Kuiper Belt

95. Of Florida cities, which is the most populous? Jacksonville

96. Three talking frogs advertised which brand of beer in a Super Bowl ad? Budweiser

97. What type of egg is cooked in a small dish in a water bath? coddled

98. Who was the lead singer of Credence Clearwater Revival? John Fogerty (WTG Rieann)

99. What cereal grain is used to make Pumpernickel bread? rye

100. The dish Tapenade is made from which main ingredient? olives (I bought a cracked olive salad from Trader Joe's which is amazing on a sandwich)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. LeBron James became the all-time leading scorer in the National Basketball Association this week, surpassing whose previous record?

2. Who plays personal injury lawyer turned barrister Vincent Gambini in the 1992 film My Cousin Vinny?

3. What cocktail is made with vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, and freshly squeezed or sweetened lime juice?

4. First published in 1996, and adapted into a 1999 film of the same name, what Pulitzer Prize winning novel by Irish-American author Frank McCourt chronicled his impoverished childhood and early adulthood in Brooklyn, New York?

5. What New York borough is now most often associated with the tomato-based soup once called Coney Island clam chowder?

6. Now using a ball and six-pointed pieces, what game was originally called “Knucklebones” in ancient Egypt?

7. Due to its year-round greenery, what Pacific northwest city adopted “Emerald City” as its nickname?

8. Essential minerals in the body are divided into two groups: major minerals and what?

9. Henry VII was a member of which royal family?

10. What does the SVU stand for in the TV series Law & Order: SVU?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Happy Thursday!

1. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
2. Joe Pesci
3. Cosmopolitan
4. Angela’s Ashes
5. Manhattan
6. ?
7. Seattle
8. Trace minerals?
9. Tudor
10. Special Victims Unit

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1 Jabbar
5.Manhattan
7.Seattle
9.Tudor
10.Special Victims Unit

Sounds yummy Granny Trivia

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

1. KEEREM ABDUL-JABBAR
2. JOE PESCI
3. NO IDEA
4. ANGELA'S ASHES
5. MANHATTAN
6. JACKS
7. SEATTLE
8. TRACE
9. TUDOR
10. SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT

}I JUST WATCHED AN EPISODE THIS MORNING ON HULU.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 09, 2023 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. I just asked Bigdog that question last night, and he said maybe Kobe Bryant, and I asked if he was sure it was not Jabbar, because Kareem Abdul Jabbar was present and walked out onto the floor when LeBron James broke the record, so I will go with Kareem Abdul Jabbar

2. Joe Pesci

3. cosmopolitan

4. Gangs of New York

5. Manhattan

6. jacks

7. Seattle

8. trace

9. Tudor

10. special victims unit