TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 03, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through February 03, 2023 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
3.they have ads all the time for their gummy bears
4.no idea so I will guess 2 and if were to be how PMS were only child I would not either in Canada
5.Mustang -my aunt had a red one I think in 64 or 65
7.Married With Children
8.Nancy Drew?
9.China?
10.10 seems logical as there are lots of book categories

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, January 30, 2023 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. Army Rangers

2. pillory

3. Gummy bears

4. 4

5. Mustang

6. phantom pains

7. Married With children

8. Nancy Drew

9. USA

10. 10

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday! Hopefully I will get these questions out before my computer zonks out again this morning. My Chrome keeps going out on me.

Answers:

1. Members of what elite U.S. military force are so-named because they operate in sea, in the air, and on land? Navy Seals

2. Hundreds of years ago, criminals were frequently sentenced to spend time in the “stocks,” short for “stockade”—a wooden device that bound them by their feet in a public square. What is the name of the similar device that bound them by the neck instead? pillory

3. The German company Haribo is in the process of opening its first factory in America, located in Kenosha, Wisconsin. In 1920, Haribo invented what confection, which they called Tanzbär? gummy bears

4. How many U.S. presidents have been only children, with no brothers or sisters? zero

5. The term “pony car” derives from what 1964 model, Ford’s longest-running car brand of all time? Mustang

6. Silas Weir Mitchell, the “father of neurology,” was the first doctor to use what ghostly term for pain from an amputated limb? phantom

7. Al Bundy was the main character in which TV sitcom? Married....with Children

8. Which fictional female amateur detective’s best friends are Bess Marvin and George Fayne? Nancy Drew

9. Which country exports the most food? USA

10. In the Dewey Decimal system, books are categorized into how many different main groups: 5, 8, 9 or 10? 10

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. Before a change in the law in 2009, the vast majority of the world’s licorice was used as a flavor and sweetness additive for products containing what other heavily regulated crop?

12. What bacterial disease—which gets its name from the Greek for “bile”—still kills almost 100,000 people a year globally?

13. The great roadrunner is the official bird of which U.S. state?

14. In “Encanto”, almost the entire cast is brought together for the catchy song “We Don’t Talk about” whom?

15. Nancy Sinatra helped popularize what style of boots worn by dancers in 60s clubs?

16. In the multi-state lottery game Powerball, what is the greatest number that can be drawn as a Powerball?

17. With approximately 85% of all consumer milk coming from cows, what animal is the next largest source at 12%?

18. How do saltwater crocodiles cool off during the hot Australian summers?

19. What children’s TV host hit national airwaves in 1968?

20. Who was the number 1 ranked male tennis player the most years during the 1970’s?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
11. ?
12. Meningitis?
13. Arizona?
14. Bruno
15. GoGo
16. ?
17. ?
18. With an ice cold Fosters
19. Sesame Street?
20. Bjorn Borg?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. NO IDEA
12. GASTROENTERITIS...HAD IT A FEW MONTHS AGO AND THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE.
13. NEW MEXICO
14. NO IDEA
15. GO GO BOOTS
16. DON'T GET THE QUESTION?
17. GOAT MILK
18. OPEN THEIR MOUTH
19. MR. ROGERS
20. ROD LAVER
}}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
12.gout
13.New Mexico?
15.Go Go boots
16.100?
17.goat
18.find shade and an ice bucket
19.Sesame Street
20.Borg?

Hope your computer behaves itself more often

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
No time for most of them tonight:

11. anise

19. Mr. Rogers

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

11. Before a change in the law in 2009, the vast majority of the world’s licorice was used as a flavor and sweetness additive for products containing what other heavily regulated crop? tobacco

12. What bacterial disease—which gets its name from the Greek for “bile”—still kills almost 100,000 people a year globally? cholera

13. The great roadrunner is the official bird of which U.S. state? New Mexico

14. In “Encanto”, almost the entire cast is brought together for the catchy song “We Don’t Talk about” whom? Bruno (WTG Rieann)

15. Nancy Sinatra helped popularize what style of boots worn by dancers in 60s clubs? Go Go boots

16. In the multi-state lottery game Powerball, what is the greatest number that can be drawn as a Powerball? 26

17. With approximately 85% of all consumer milk coming from cows, what animal is the next largest source at 12%? goat

18. How do saltwater crocodiles cool off during the hot Australian summers? open their mouths (WTG OG)

19. What children’s TV host hit national airwaves in 1968? Mister Rogers

20. Who was the number 1 ranked male tennis player the most years during the 1970’s? Jimmy Connors

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. Virginia and West Virginia are named after which British queen?

22. Entrepreneur Brownie Wise is credited with the success of what line of home products, after she started inviting friends and acquaintances to parties that doubled as sales pitches?

23. Also called yum cha, what Chinese dining experience consists of eating many small plates of food and drinking tea?

24. What popular puzzle game that give players 6 guesses to figure it out was purchased by the New York Times in 2022?

25. Edward Tudor and Tom Canty are, respectively, the title characters in what Mark Twain novel?

26. In 1917, the United States purchased the U.S. Virgin Islands from what Scandinavian country?

27. The Flintstones live in which prehistoric town?

28. Where is Will Smith’s character from in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”?

29. What cookie arrived in China in the 1990's?

30. What company produces "Nutter Butter" cookies?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Happy Wednesday!

21. ?
22. Tupperware?
23. Dim Sum
24. Wordle :-)
25. ?
26. Finland?
27. Bedrock
28. Philadelphia
29. Oreo?
30. Nabisco?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

21. THE VIRGIN QUEEN ELIZABETH I
22. TUPPERWARE
23. DIM SUM
24. WORDLE...LOVE IT
25. THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER
26. DENMARK
27. DON'T REMEMBER
28. DON'T KNOW, NEVER WATCHED IT
29. FORTUNE COOKIE?
30. NABISCO?
}
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
22.Tupperware
23.Dim Sum love it
24.Wordle -play it nightly
26.Denmark
27.Bedrock -now singing that song in my head
28.I think Philadelphia
29.Fortune cookie
30.Nabisco

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

21. Virginia and West Virginia are named after which British queen? Elizabeth (WTG OG)

22. Entrepreneur Brownie Wise is credited with the success of what line of home products, after she started inviting friends and acquaintances to parties that doubled as sales pitches? Tupperware

23. Also called yum cha, what Chinese dining experience consists of eating many small plates of food and drinking tea? dim sum

24. What popular puzzle game that give players 6 guesses to figure it out was purchased by the New York Times in 2022? Wordle (play it every morning)

25. Edward Tudor and Tom Canty are, respectively, the title characters in what Mark Twain novel? The Prince and the Pauper (WTG OG)

26. In 1917, the United States purchased the U.S. Virgin Islands from what Scandinavian country? Denmark

27. The Flintstones live in which prehistoric town? Bedrock

28. Where is Will Smith’s character from in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”? Philadelphia

29. What cookie arrived in China in the 1990's? fortune cookies

30. What company produces "Nutter Butter" cookies? Nabisco

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

(This maintenance mode is messing with my timing)

31. What number does the prefix "giga" stand for?

32. What food item—popular in pizzerias around the world—gets its name from the Italian for “stocking” or “trouser”?

33. The 2006 essay collection “I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman” was written by what celebrated screenwriter and director, who passed away in 2012?

34. In 2005, Joachim Sauer became the long-serving First Husband of what country?

35. What soft drink made with orange juice was advertised as “moonshine that will tickle yer innards”?

36. Published in 1922, the wartime memoir “The Seven Pillars of Wisdom” was the basis for what epic Oscar-winning film?

37. Chef George Crump is said to have invented what popular crunchy snack food for an extremely picky customer?

38. What is the last word in Robert Frost’s poem “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”?

39. Who was the first President to meet Punxsutawney Phil?

40. Who did the cat go to visit in Pussycat Pussycat?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. BILLION?
32. NOW I KNOW
33. NO IDEA
34. GERMANY?
35. NO IDEA
36. LAURENCE OF ARABIA
37. NO IDEA
38. NO IDEA
39. REAGAN
40. QUEEN

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31.billion
32.pustrico
34 Markel
35.orange crush
37.potato chips
39 .Clinton?
40.Queen

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

(This maintenance mode is messing with my timing)

Same, Mamie. The past week or so I have been visiting the website at earlier times while getting ready to make the move back from TX to WA, and I keep running into the board being down for several hours in the mornings. I am kind of scared, thinking we maybe should send prayers for some techie admin person in distress?

Oh, and we are back home today, so should be settling into a routine soon.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! Glad you are back home, Juju. I like to get the trivia up before I do things around here but I type in all the answers and then have to wait over an hour or so to post them. Hopefully, today I will get in without an issue.

Answer:

31. What number does the prefix "giga" stand for? one billion

32. What food item—popular in pizzerias around the world—gets its name from the Italian for “stocking” or “trouser”? calzones

33. The 2006 essay collection “I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman” was written by what celebrated screenwriter and director, who passed away in 2012? Nora Ephron

34. In 2005, Joachim Sauer became the long-serving First Husband of what country? Germany (WTG OG, Dean, you got his wife but it asked for the country)

35. What soft drink made with orange juice was advertised as “moonshine that will tickle yer innards”? Mountain Dew

36. Published in 1922, the wartime memoir “The Seven Pillars of Wisdom” was the basis for what epic Oscar-winning film? Lawrence of Arabia (WTG OG)

37. Chef George Crump is said to have invented what popular crunchy snack food for an extremely picky customer? potato chips (WTG Dean)

38. What is the last word in Robert Frost’s poem “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”? sleep

39. Who was the first President to meet Punxsutawney Phil? Ronald Reagan (WTG OG)

40. Who did the cat go to visit in Pussycat Pussycat? Queen

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. Opening on Broadway in 1959, what musical was the last Rodgers and Hammerstein production?

42. Made by Nestle, what “original sundae cone” consists of a vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate and crumbled nuts?

43. Biloba is the species name of what tree whose leaves produce an extract once thought to improve memory?

44. Naming it the “Tree-Felling Machine”, Andreas Stihl designed an early gas-fueled version of what power tool?

45. What is the last name of the rich, aristocratic family who lives at “Downton Abbey”?

46. What is the westernmost capital city in mainland Europe?

47. "Siskel & Ebert" were a pair of famous movie critics who created the popular TV program, "At the Movies". What were their first names?

48. Who was the oldest lead cast member of "The Big Bang Theory"?

49. What company was formerly known as the "Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company"?

50. The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs is believed to have landed where?