TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 04, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through December 04, 2022 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

1. What seven-letter French-derived word can either describe a diplomatic official, or the briefcase that diplomat might be carrying? attache

2. The first conversation in the Old Testament takes place in Genesis 3, between which two figures? Eve and the serpent

3. Of the countries in the world that drive on the left, which is the largest by area? Australia

4. The psychoactive hallucinogen mescaline comes from what type of spineless cactus, native to Mexico and southwestern Texas? peyote

5. Much of the early film industry was centered in California because studios wanted to be far away from what litigious New Jerseyite who held patents on many motion picture processes? Thomas Edison (WTG OG)

6. The Academy Award statuette, aka “Oscar,” is holding something in his hands. What is Oscar holding? sword (WTG OG)

7. What marsupial has fingerprints that are so similar to humans that some experts worry they could be confused for human prints at crime scenes? koala (Just remember to always bring a koala along if you plan on committing a crime)

8. “Quality, Value, and Convenience” is the slogan of what media company, founded in West Chester, Pennsylvania in 1986? QVC (WTG Juju)

9. What corn syrup brand claims, falsely, to have invented the pecan pie in 1930? Karo

10. According to the 2019 State of the Wine Industry report, who is most likely to drink wine: Millennials, Gen Xers, Boomers, or what the report calls “Matures”? Boomers (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. What photographer was good friends with the inventor of the Polaroid camera, Edwin Land, and used a Polaroid to take many of his most famous black-and-white photos of Yosemite Valley?

12. “Avengers: Endgame” was the first movie in history to gross a billion dollars in its opening week. What actor was the highest-paid Avenger in that film?

13. What toy, invented in 1917, was called the “Liberty Coaster” until 1930, when its name was changed to honor Guglielmo Marconi and Charles Lindbergh?

14. Which came first: Hawaii becoming a state, or the residents of Puerto Rico becoming U.S. citizens?

15. The record holder for the longest continuous weather broadcast is also the author of a series of mysteries about a celebrity chef turned detective, and he’s Lenny Kravitz's second cousin. Who is he?

16. The first, and one of the only, universities in the U.S. to offer a degree in bagpiping is located in Pittsburgh, and is named after its Scottish founder. What is it?

17. Minneapolis is the second-largest city on the Mississippi River (by population). What is the largest?

18. What sport do the Oklahoma City Thunder play?

19. What is the most populous capital city in Europe?

20. Who plays Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter film series?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. ANSEL ADAMS
12. NO IDEA
13. NOW I KNOW
14. PUERTO RICO
15. WELL. I'LL BE!
16. NOW I KNOW
17. ST. LOUIS
18. BASKETBALL
19. MOSCOW?
20. ALAN RICKMAN... HE WAS A FAVE OF MINE

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
You did well. Granny Trivia a wtg.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.Amsel Adams
12.Robert Downey jr??
14.Hawaii
17.New Orleans
18.Basketball
19.London?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

11. What photographer was good friends with the inventor of the Polaroid camera, Edwin Land, and used a Polaroid to take many of his most famous black-and-white photos of Yosemite Valley? Ansel Adams

12. “Avengers: Endgame” was the first movie in history to gross a billion dollars in its opening week. What actor was the highest-paid Avenger in that film? Robert Downey Jr. (WTG Dean)

13. What toy, invented in 1917, was called the “Liberty Coaster” until 1930, when its name was changed to honor Guglielmo Marconi and Charles Lindbergh? Radio Flyer

14. Which came first: Hawaii becoming a state, or the residents of Puerto Rico becoming U.S. citizens? Puerto Rico (WTG OG)

15. The record holder for the longest continuous weather broadcast is also the author of a series of mysteries about a celebrity chef turned detective, and he’s Lenny Kravitz's second cousin. Who is he? Al Roker

16. The first, and one of the only, universities in the U.S. to offer a degree in bagpiping is located in Pittsburgh, and is named after its Scottish founder. What is it? Carnegie Mellon

17. Minneapolis is the second-largest city on the Mississippi River (by population). What is the largest? Memphis

18. What sport do the Oklahoma City Thunder play? basketball

19. What is the most populous capital city in Europe? Moscow (WTG OG)

20. Who plays Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter film series? Alan Rickman (WTG OG, I too love him. I am reading his book.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. A man named Richard Montañez who owned worked as a janitor in the Frito-Lay plant in Rancho Cucamonga, California, made a name of himself by creating a variety of the popular Cheetos snack. What kind of Cheeto did Montañez invent?

22. Who wrote the lyrics to Bridge Over Troubled Waters?

23. Northern Rhodesia is now known as which country?

24. What’s the only kind of bird that can swim but cannot fly?

25. What dancer played the title character in the 1951 Best Picture winner An American in Paris?

26. What Fort Worth-based carrier used the ad slogan “Something special in the air” for over fifteen years?

27. Who created the first successful commercial sewing machine?

28. How many different types of birds are given as gifts in "The Twelve Days of Christmas"?

29. What is the most populous island in the West Indies, and the second largest by area after Cuba?

30. On what volcanic Greek island is the Blue-Domed Church?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. NO IDEA...DON'T DO SALTY SNACKS
22. GREAT LITTLE MAN PAUL SIMON
23. ZAMBIA
24. PINGUIN
25. GENE KELLY
26. UNITED AIRLINES
27. NOW I KNOW
28. 5 DIFFERENT BIRDS
29. HISPANOLA
30. SAN TORINI

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, December 01, 2022 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
drat I almost said Memphis -been to its airport
21.extra spicy /extra hot ones ???
22.Paul Simon
23.Zambia
24.Ostrich?
25.Gene Kelly
26.Southwest?
27.Singer
28.6?
29.Hispanola?
30.Satortini -want to go there

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

21. A man named Richard Montañez who owned worked as a janitor in the Frito-Lay plant in Rancho Cucamonga, California, made a name of himself by creating a variety of the popular Cheetos snack. What kind of Cheeto did Montañez invent? Flamin Hot Cheetos (WTG Dean)

22. Who wrote the lyrics to Bridge Over Troubled Waters? Paul Simon

23. Northern Rhodesia is now known as which country? Zambia

24. What’s the only kind of bird that can swim but cannot fly? penguin (WTG OG)

25. What dancer played the title character in the 1951 Best Picture winner An American in Paris? Gene kelly

26. What Fort Worth-based carrier used the ad slogan “Something special in the air” for over fifteen years? American Airlines

27. Who created the first successful commercial sewing machine? Isaac Singer (WTG Dean)

28. How many different types of birds are given as gifts in "The Twelve Days of Christmas"? 6 (WTG Dean)

29. What is the most populous island in the West Indies, and the second largest by area after Cuba? Hispaniola

30. On what volcanic Greek island is the Blue-Domed Church? Santorini (My dream trip. A friend of my son just got back from a Greece trip and brought me back a necklace he made with stone from the temple of Poseidon)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. The Chinese Zodiac consists of 12 animals. When listed alphabetically, which comes 12th?

32. Typically, how many valves are there on a tuba?

33. Proverbially, what "speaks louder than words"?

34. In Greek cuisine, which type of dish is pastitsio?

35. Bald eagles can be kleptoparasitic. This means they what?

36. Which year was the film Jaws released?

37. Jochebed is the mother of which biblical figure?

38. What is a group of caterpillars called?

39. Which company uses the slogan: "Move the way you want"?

40. The period beginning four Sundays before Christmas is known as what?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. PIG
32. 3 VALVES
33. ACTIONS
34. DESERT?
35. STEALS FOOD
36. MID 70'S
37. MOSES?
38. ARMY
39. I KNOW NOW
4O. ADVENT

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31.ram/ sheep
33.action
34.desert
35.steals food?
36.1976?
40.Advent
Have a great weekend

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

31. The Chinese Zodiac consists of 12 animals. When listed alphabetically, which comes 12th? tiger

32. Typically, how many valves are there on a tuba? 4

33. Proverbially, what "speaks louder than words"? actions

34. In Greek cuisine, which type of dish is pastitsio? pasta

35. Bald eagles can be kleptoparasitic. This means they what? steal food from other birds' nests

36. Which year was the film Jaws released? 1975

37. Jochebed is the mother of which biblical figure? Moses (WTG OG)

38. What is a group of caterpillars called? an army (WTG OG)

39. Which company uses the slogan: "Move the way you want"? Uber

40. The period beginning four Sundays before Christmas is known as what? Advent

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. What color is the sun in space?

42. How many centimeters are in a meter?

43. What is the longest animated Disney film?

44. On what island is King Arthur buried?

45. Which large Canadian city is named after a fruit-bearing shrub native to western Canada, Alaska and northern United States?

46. Which farm animal produces the largest litters?

47. Prudence Island is the third largest island in which US state?

48. Who sang the song "We Didn't Start the Fire"?

49. John Henry "Doc" Holliday died as a result of what disease?

50. How many husbands did Elizabeth Taylor have?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. WHITE
42. 100
43. FANTASIA
44. AVALON
45. NOW I KNOW
46. PIG
47. NO IDEA
48. NO IDEA
49. TB
50. 7 HUSBANDS...1 TWICE

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
41. White?
43.Fantasia?
45.Saskaton (berry)
46.pigs I think
47.Washington?
50.7 with Burton twice I think

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday! We went out in the rain yesterday to the Farmer's Market and then I spent the rest of the day watching movies and reading. Watched Bros which was so good. Funny and sweet both. Then we watched Bullet Train which was very violent but also very funny.

Answers:

41. What color is the sun in space? white

42. How many centimeters are in a meter? 100 (WTG OG)

43. What is the longest animated Disney film? Fantasia

44. On what island is King Arthur buried? Avalon (WTG OG)

45. Which large Canadian city is named after a fruit-bearing shrub native to western Canada, Alaska and northern United States? Saskatoon (WTG Dean)

46. Which farm animal produces the largest litters? pigs

47. Prudence Island is the third largest island in which US state? Rhode Island

48. Who sang the song "We Didn't Start the Fire"? Billy Joel

49. John Henry "Doc" Holliday died as a result of what disease? tuberculosis (WTG OG)

50. How many husbands did Elizabeth Taylor have? 7

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. Hank is a short form of what name?

52. Complete the slogan: A woman needs a man like a fish needs a what?

53. The words: "Fee, fie, fo, fum" are in which story?

54. Who won a Grammy for the song Killing Me Softly With His Song?

55. The world record for stacking M&M'S by making a tower is: 4, 7, 9 or 12?

56. Aureolin is a shade of which color?

57. December 26 is known by which name in Ireland?

58. Which elephant has the longer gestation period: African or Indian?

59. How high is the center of the tennis court net?

60. What TV family had a road manager named Reuben Kincaid?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51. HANK IS WHAT THEY ARE CALLING MY NEW BABY GREAT-GREAT GRANDSON HENRY.
52. I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE
53. JACK AND THE BEANSTALK
54. NOW I KNOW
55. 12?
56. YELLOW
57. NO IDEA
58. AFRICAN, THEY ARE A LITTLE LARGER THAN THE ASIAN
59. 3 FEET
60. PARTRIDGE FAMILY