TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through October 17, 2022 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
2.Mickey Mantle I think
6.Milan?
8.Costa Rica?
9.Puerto Rico -huge factory there
10.Chocolate eggs with marshmallows

Yesterday was about 7 miles walk with the trees starting to turn colours.Do yours trees become colourful, Granny Trivia?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, October 13, 2022 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
2.Mickey Mantle I think
6.Milan?
8.Costa Rica?
9.Puerto Rico -huge factory there
10.Chocolate eggs with marshmallows

Yesterday was about 7 miles walk with the trees starting to turn colours.Do yours trees become colourful, Granny Trivia?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

1. Walnuts are not nuts—they’re drupes, or the seeds of a fruit. What color is a fully ripened walnut fruit? green (WTG OG)

2. In 1964, what Yankees slugger took the mantle from Babe Ruth as the player with the most World Series home runs? Mickey Mantle

3. Black pepper is native to which country? India

4. Which actor is heading to space to film his next movie? Tom Cruise

5. What shape are sheep and goats' pupils? rectangle

6. Where was the first ever 'fashion week' held? NYC (WTG OG)

7. Who is the star of the television show Curb Your Enthusiasm? Larry David (WTG OG)

8. Which one of these countries is part of the eight in the world that uses the peso as their currency: Peru, Brazil, Colombia, or Costa Rica? Colombia (WTG OG)

9. Where was the rum company Bacardi founded? Cuba (WTG OG)

10. William Schrafft invented what popular Easter candy back in the late 1800s? jelly beans (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. What was the first vegetable to be grown in space?

12. Which British royal was the first to have their marriage televised?

13. The endocrine system affects which function in our body?

14. Bruno Madrigal is a fictional character in which Disney animated film?

15. In which country would you find the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world?

16. In which year is Halley's Comet expected to return?

17. The most popular names for British kings have been Henry and WHICH other name?

18. Who's line was 'You rang?' in TV's "The Addams Family"?

19. In a now iconic scene from John Rosenberg's 'Cool Hand Luke', the title character, played by Paul Newman, bets that he can eat how many eggs?

20. How many U.S. states are called commonwealths?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. NO IDEA
12. NOW I KNOW
13. MOOD
14. NO IDEA
15. AUSTRALIA
16. NOW I KNOW
17. GEORGE
18. LURCH
19. 50 EGGS
20. 4 COMMONWEALTHS

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.potato
12.Margret and Lord Snowdon
15.Austraila
16.2024?
17.George?
19.4 dozen
20.too US of a question guessing 3

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

11. What was the first vegetable to be grown in space? potato (WTG Dean)

12. Which British royal was the first to have their marriage televised? Princess Margaret (WTG Dean)

13. The endocrine system affects which function in our body? hormone production

14. Bruno Madrigal is a fictional character in which Disney animated film? Encanto

15. In which country would you find the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world? Australia

16. In which year is Halley's Comet expected to return? 2061

17. The most popular names for British kings have been Henry and WHICH other name? Edward

18. Who's line was 'You rang?' in TV's "The Addams Family"? Lurch (WTG OG)

19. In a now iconic scene from John Rosenberg's 'Cool Hand Luke', the title character, played by Paul Newman, bets that he can eat how many eggs? 50 (WTG OG)

20. How many U.S. states are called commonwealths? 4 (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. In the TV show Friends, which character had the most number of appearances in Central Perk?

22. In tennis, what piece of fruit is found at the top of the men’s Wimbledon trophy?

23. What is acrophobia the fear of?

24. What greeting did Alexander Graham Bell want people to use when answering the telephone?

25. Which Asian country is 30 minutes out of sync with Greenwich Mean Time?

26. Where did the Icelandic-Norse explorer Leif Erikson land when he first arrived in North America?

27. Which sea creature has more than one brain?

28. Fromology is the study of which food?

29. Finish this popular book title from Judy Blume: "Are you there, God? It's Me, who?

30. In June of 1215, what important document told the English King that his reign and his government were not above the law?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. PHOEBE
22. PINEAPPLE
23. HEIGHTS
24. AHOY
25. NOW I KNOW
26. GREENLAND
27. OCTOPUS
28. CHEESE
29. MARGARET
30. MAGNA CARTER

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

21. In the TV show Friends, which character had the most number of appearances in Central Perk? Phoebe (WTG OG)

22. In tennis, what piece of fruit is found at the top of the men’s Wimbledon trophy? pineapple (WTG OG)

23. What is acrophobia the fear of? heights (WTG OG)

24. What greeting did Alexander Graham Bell want people to use when answering the telephone? ahoy (WTG OG)

25. Which Asian country is 30 minutes out of sync with Greenwich Mean Time? India

26. Where did the Icelandic-Norse explorer Leif Erikson land when he first arrived in North America? Canada

27. Which sea creature has more than one brain? octopus (WTG OG)

28. Fromology is the study of which food? cheese (WTG OG)

29. Finish this popular book title from Judy Blume: "Are you there, God? It's Me, who? Margaret (WTG OG)

30. In June of 1215, what important document told the English King that his reign and his government were not above the law? Magna Carta (WTG OG)

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Sorry very busy day yesterday
Hope to see new faces on zoom call at 3p or 12 noon pst

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. How many US states have a Pacific Ocean coastline?

32. Where would you find baggywrinkle?

33. Hobbes is the pet stuffed tiger of which comic book protagonist?

34. Which ancient civilization domesticated alpacas?

35. Which Middle Eastern city is called "The Big Orange"?

36. The oldest working library in the world is the al-Qarawiyyin Library in which country?

37. Besides honeybees, what other insect contributes most to pollinating strawberry plants?

38. In the 1970s, which Star Trek star was also featured in a NASA recruitment video?

39. What is a giant panda bear’s main food source?

40. Which confection was invented as a clever way for soldiers to eat chocolate rations without melting?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. 3 STATES
32. SEAT OF MY TROUSERS
33. CALVIN
34. INCAS
35. NO IDEA
36. NOW I KNOW
37. BUTTERFLYS
38. NOW I KNOW
39. BAMBOO
40. M&M'S. MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH NOT ON YOUR HANDS

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31.4 if Hawaii is included -3 if not
32.under the eyes
34.Incas?
36.Egypt?
37.butterflies?
39.Bamboo
40.M&Ms as they do not melt in your hands

Only Seamonkey and I on the zoom call

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
SHOOT, FORGOT ABOUT HAWAII

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. 4

32. dunno

33. Calvin

34. Incans

35. Cairo

36. Jordan

37. ant

38. Shatner

39. bamboo

40. M & M's

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I got to visit my old elementary school and it was such a blast from the past! St. Edward's has grown and changed with the times but I sat in a desk in my old 5th grade class and it still felt like all those years ago. And after babysitting my granddaughters, I have their cold. Fun times. I went through a whole box of kleenex yesterday. So hopefully, my brain is working today.

Answers:

31. How many US states have a Pacific Ocean coastline? 5 (California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii)

32. Where would you find baggywrinkle? on a boat

33. Hobbes is the pet stuffed tiger of which comic book protagonist? Calvin

34. Which ancient civilization domesticated alpacas? Incas

35. Which Middle Eastern city is called "The Big Orange"? Tel Aviv

36. The oldest working library in the world is the al-Qarawiyyin Library in which country? Morocco

37. Besides honeybees, what other insect contributes most to pollinating strawberry plants? butterflies

38. In the 1970s, which Star Trek star was also featured in a NASA recruitment video? Nichelle Nichols

39. What is a giant panda bear’s main food source? bamboo shoots

40. Which confection was invented as a clever way for soldiers to eat chocolate rations without melting? M&Ms

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. What 1974 Mel Brooks movie was originally titled “Tex X”?

42. Kings 3:16 tells the story of a unique form of justice doled out by what king?

43. A regular martini is garnished with olives, but a Gibson martini is garnished with what?

44. Which star of the TV series "M*A*S*H" actually served with the US Army Reserve in Korea?

45. Which country produces the most coconuts each year?

46. Which syndrome describes a psychological condition in which hostages begin to identify or sympathize with their captor?

47. Which famous river has no bridges?

48. What was the gang name of John Travolta and his cohorts in the movie "Grease"?

49. Patty Duke won an Oscar in 1963 for portraying what popular author?

50. What is the more common name for the bone called the furcula, found in birds?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Feel better soon Granny Trivia -lots going around . No fun . I debated about Oregon -drat .

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
43.a pearl onion?
44.Jamie Farr -just saw a photo of Alan Alda and Jamie Farr having a drink and toasting
45.Costa Rico
47.Danube??