TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through September 09, 2022 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

21. NO IDEA
22. LADY MARMALADE
23. O'LEARY
24. NO IDEA
25. NO IDEA
26. SOUNDS IRISH...DUBLIN
27. VANILLA ORCHID
28. NO IDEA
29. PICASSO
30. ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY THE KODAK CAMERA WAS INVENTED

}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new ste:

21. It is on the tip of my tongue, and I can kind of see the logo - a small cartoon girl with red braids, wearing a chef hat, just about as wide as she is tall ... I'll come back to it ... Strawberry Shortcake!

22. Dominique

23. O'Leary

24. don't recall

25. 500

26. dunno

27. orchid

28. red

29. Picasso

30. camera

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

21. Huckleberry Pie and Blueberry Muffin are two friends of what character, who debuted in a line of greeting cards in the 1970s? Strawberry Shortcake (WTG Juju)

22. Patti Labelle claims that she was totally unaware of the meaning of her hit 1974 song because she does not speak French. What song was that? Lady Marmalade

23. What was the last name of the woman whose cow was falsely blamed for starting the Great Chicago Fire? O'Leary

24. Which celebrity smoked marijuana on the roof of the White House? Willie Nelson

25. What is the value of the ace in Baccarat? one

26. The River Liffey runs through which city? Dublin (WTG OG)

27. From which flower is vanilla extracted? orchid

28. A color described as sanguine is what? red (WTG Juju)

29. Guernica is one of which artist's most famous paintings? Picasso

30. Historically, a box Brownie was a what? box camera

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. Which type of creature is a taipan?

32. What is the more common name for varicella?

33. The oldest university in continuous operation is located in what country?

34. Which North African country shares a border with Algeria, Mauritania and Western Sahara?

35. What is the length of a bowling alley lane in feet?

36. Red Vines is a popular brand of what type of candy?

37. How many heads of executive departments make up the president's cabinet - 10, 15, or 25?

38. What scholarship has been sending American kids to Oxford University since 1904?

39. Franklin P. Adams's poem "Baseball's Sad Lexicon" describes the famed Cubs double-play combination of "Tinker to Evers to" what first baseman?

40. Freddy Krueger wears a striped sweater that is which colors?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. SNAKE
32. NOW I KNOW
33. NOW I KNOW
34. ALGERIA
35. NO IDEA
36. LICORISH
37. 15?
38. RHODES SCHOLARSHIP
39. CHANCE...I WAS JUST QUOTING THIS TO MYSELF YESTERDAY
40. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31.snake
33.Greece?
34.Ethopia?
35.25?
36.Twisslers is licorish -maybe it is too -maybe in US only
38.Rhodes scholarship as Canadian students have benefitted from it too
40.black and grey? -no idea

Where did you walk today , Granny trivia?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Not playing tonight except to note the correct spelling of licorice.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'M A LOUSY SPELLER AND TOO LAZY TO LOOK IT UP.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

31. Which type of creature is a taipan? snake

32. What is the more common name for varicella? chicken pox

33. The oldest university in continuous operation is located in what country? Italy

34. Which North African country shares a border with Algeria, Mauritania and Western Sahara? Morocco

35. What is the length of a bowling alley lane in feet? 60 feet

36. Red Vines is a popular brand of what type of candy? red licorice (Red Vines are a lot better than Twizzlers)

37. How many heads of executive departments make up the president's cabinet - 10, 15, or 25? 15

38. What scholarship has been sending American kids to Oxford University since 1904? Rhodes

39. Franklin P. Adams's poem "Baseball's Sad Lexicon" describes the famed Cubs double-play combination of "Tinker to Evers to" what first baseman? Chance (WTG OG)

40. Freddy Krueger wears a striped sweater that is which colors? red and green

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. What nine-letter word did L. Ron Hubbard define as “the modern science of mental health” in a 1950 book?

42. What color is a bay horse?

43. In Morse code, which letter is represented by one dot?

44. How many skaters make up a roller derby team?

45. What was the name of the acting lieutenant who led the Mutiny on the Bounty in 1789?

46. What large desert covers much of Botswana and parts of Namibia and South Africa?

47. What comedian lip-syncs Paul Simon's vocals in the music video to the 1986 song You Can Call Me Al?

48. What fortified wine is made from white grapes grown near the city of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain?

49. First aired in 1963, what is the longest-running American TV soap opera in production today?

50. What is the largest island in Asia?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. DIANETICS
42. REDISH-BROWN...HAD SEVERAL OF THEM
43. E
44. 5 SKATERS
45. FLETCHER CHRISTIAN
46. KALIHARI DESERT
47. NO IDEA
48. NO IDEA
49. GENERAL HOSPITAL
50. BORNEO

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
47. Weird Al Yankovic
48.Port
49.General Hospital

Have a good walk and Thursday all

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
When I join a trivia team of strangers I just flat out tell them I will take all spelling questions. They can take the moment off and chat amongst themselves, and I will write out the answer. If it's not the answer, then probably nobody in the room got it, and we are no worse off than we would have been, and the rest of the team got a break.

Guesses for new set:

41. Dianetics

42. red-brown

43. s, as in Morse Code ... --- ... for SOS

44. maybe 5, dunno

45. Fletcher Christian - it came to me as I was blanking out on a question I was pretty sure I knew

46. dunno, I was up all night with food poisoning the night before we were to go on safari in South Africa. Bigdog got me a raw egg from somewhere at 4 am before he departed on the safari. I hard boiled the egg in the hotel room coffee pot and ate it after I finally emptied all of my stomach and bowel contents hours later. Bigdog had a wonderful time in the ____________? desert.

47. dunno

48. Not brandy, not port, but we have been in or near the the area where it is produced, and the name of the product is similar to the name of the city or area. So I will go with Jerez = sherry?

49. General Hospital

50. Borneo, have not been there, had hoped to go, but the pandemic may have irrevocably altered our travel lifetime plans. I will be lucky if I ever get to Singapore at this rate. It is the last place I really want to go and haven't. Maybe next spring.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good Morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

41. What nine-letter word did L. Ron Hubbard define as “the modern science of mental health” in a 1950 book? dianetics

42. What color is a bay horse? brown

43. In Morse code, which letter is represented by one dot? E (WTG OG)

44. How many skaters make up a roller derby team? 5

45. What was the name of the acting lieutenant who led the Mutiny on the Bounty in 1789? Fletcher Christian

46. What large desert covers much of Botswana and parts of Namibia and South Africa? Kalahari (WTG OG) (poor Juju)

47. What comedian lip-syncs Paul Simon's vocals in the music video to the 1986 song You Can Call Me Al? Chevy Chase

48. What fortified wine is made from white grapes grown near the city of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain? sherry (WTG Juju)

49. First aired in 1963, what is the longest-running American TV soap opera in production today? General Hospital

50. What is the largest island in Asia? Borneo

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. What European city is known by the nicknames “Queen of the Adriatic” and the “Floating City”?

52. What famous sculpture was originally called “The Poet,” and portrayed Italian poet Dante in front of the Gates of Hell?

53. There are two battery companies that currently use a pink bunny as their mascot. Which of those batteries created their bunny mascot first, debuting it way back in 1973?

54. The biggest cattle station in the world is in what country?

55. What does Tierra del Fuego mean in English?

56. Which war movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2009?

57. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands?

58. In Peter Pan, did Captain Hook have a hook for his left hand or his right hand?

59. Who is the oldest of the Kardashian sisters?

60. In the novel by Cervantes, what is the name of the simple farmer who Don Quixote recruits to be his squire?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
53.Everready ?
54.Argentina?
56.Hurt Locker?
57.Tenerife ?
58.Left I think
59.who the hell cares -their 2 minutes of fame is well past being over -Kim??

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51.VENICE
52. THE THINKER
53. THE ENERGIZER BUNNY
54. AUSTRAILIA
55. LAND OF FIRE
56. THE HURT LOCKER
57. TENERIFE SP
58. LEFT HAND
59. KORTNEY
60. SANCHO PANZA
}
}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

51. Venice

52. dunno

53. Only one I know is the Energizer Bunny

54. Australia, I guess, because of calling it a cattle station. But the answer could also be Canada because of this being a Canadian game, or USA because of King Ranch, which is huge.

55. land of fire

56. Saving Private Ryan, although I think that one was probably much earlier

57. Tenerife, have been there, and we went right by the famous airline crash site in our tour bus.

58. In Peter Pan, did Captain Hook have a hook for his left hand or his right hand?

59. Kim

60. Sancho Panza

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 09, 2022 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

51. What European city is known by the nicknames “Queen of the Adriatic” and the “Floating City”? venice

52. What famous sculpture was originally called “The Poet,” and portrayed Italian poet Dante in front of the Gates of Hell? The Thinker (WTG OG)

53. There are two battery companies that currently use a pink bunny as their mascot. Which of those batteries created their bunny mascot first, debuting it way back in 1973? Duracell was actually first.

54. The biggest cattle station in the world is in what country? Australia

55. What does Tierra del Fuego mean in English? land of fire

56. Which war movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 2009? The Hurt Locker

57. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands? Tenerife

58. In Peter Pan, did Captain Hook have a hook for his left hand or his right hand? left hand

59. Who is the oldest of the Kardashian sisters? Kourtney (WTG OG)

60. In the novel by Cervantes, what is the name of the simple farmer who Don Quixote recruits to be his squire? Sancho Panza

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 09, 2022 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

61. What was Queen Elizabeth's childhood nickname?

62. In curling, what name is given to the target area the players are aiming for?

63. Complete the title of AC/DC's 1979 track: Highway to ... ?

64. What were the names of the two doberman pinschers in Magnum PI?

65. What is a cairn?

66. Are bats cold or warm blooded?

67. Für Elise was written by which composer?

68. Who was the first sovereign to rule from Buckingham Palace?

69. What is the family name in the TV series "Everybody Loves Raymond"?

70. The term 'Pareve' in kosher law, means that the food contains neither meat nor what?