TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through August 28, 2022 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. The official mascot of Eastern Arizona College is what kind of reptile, the only venomous lizard native to the United States?

2. Jane Austen wrote six novels. Which of them comes last, alphabetically?

3. In 1999, the American Film Institute released a list of the 50 greatest movie stars of all time. Which of those stars played a lead role in just three movies—by far the fewest of anyone on the list?

4. The land closest to zero latitude, zero longitude, and zero altitude is called Cape Three Points. It is located on which continent?

5. Following her mysterious murder in Los Angeles in 1946, Elizabeth Short became known as what?

6. What is gewürztraminer?

7. Which company purchases 25% of the world's hazelnuts every year?

8. What is the name of the lioness in Born Free?

9. Where might you see the Dimples of Venus?

10. Which rapper is behind the label Yeezy?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. GILA MONSTER
2. SENSE AND SENSIBILITY
3. JAMS DEAN
4. AFRICA?
5. THE BLACK DALHIA
6. COAL MINER
7. NOW I KNOW
8. ELSA
9. ON HER BUTT...NO ?
1O. THE CHIEF FROWNER...KANYA WEST

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
3. James Dean - just saw a tv show on him
4.South America
7.Nutella
8.Elsa

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. gila monster

2. Sense and Sensibility

3. My, what an obscure question, no idea

4. Well, I have a certificate, but only ONE certificate for crossing 0-0, and I have crossed the equator many times, so it must be Africa.

5. dunno

6. a German white wine

7. I think Nutella, a major worldwide product, might be primarily made of hazelnuts, but I don't know if that is the brand name of the manufacturer or not.

8. Elsa

9. lower back, just above buttocks

10. I think that is Kanye West, or at least he pops into my mind; I do not know his music, as I am too old and have no children or grandchildren

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

1. The official mascot of Eastern Arizona College is what kind of reptile, the only venomous lizard native to the United States? Gila Monster

2. Jane Austen wrote six novels. Which of them comes last, alphabetically? Sense and Sensibility

3. In 1999, the American Film Institute released a list of the 50 greatest movie stars of all time. Which of those stars played a lead role in just three movies—by far the fewest of anyone on the list? James Dean

4. The land closest to zero latitude, zero longitude, and zero altitude is called Cape Three Points. It is located on which continent? Africa

5. Following her mysterious murder in Los Angeles in 1946, Elizabeth Short became known as what? the black Dahlia (WTG OG)

6. What is gewürztraminer? wine (WTG Juju)

7. Which company purchases 25% of the world's hazelnuts every year? Ferrero

8. What is the name of the lioness in Born Free? Elsa

9. Where might you see the Dimples of Venus? the lower back (WTG Juju)

10. Which rapper is behind the label Yeezy? Kanye West (LOL OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. What name is given to a ring-shaped coral reef around a lagoon?

12. What is the name of the showgirl mentioned in the lyrics of Barry Manilow's Copacabana?

13. Which singer had a role in The Witches of Eastwick?

14. What classic cartoon duo are the mascots for Cocoa/Fruity Pebbles?

15. Which city, on the River Arno, is the capital of the region of Tuscany?

16. The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season was notable for its record number of named storms. How many were there: 30, 22, 19 or 15?

17. What is another name for the childhood disease called laryngotracheobronchitis?

18. North, South, East and West are the way that players are designated in which game?

19. What is the capital of Greenland?

20. What common breakfast food was used to make bombs during World War II?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. ATOLL
12. LOLA SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL
13. CHER
14. NO IDEA
15. FLORENCE
16. 30
17. CROUP
18. NOW I KNOW
19. NOW I KNOW
20. BACON?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
15. Frienza aka Florence where my grandmother died on their post retirement trip
20.sausages?
14.Pebbles and Bam bam
Sorry out of order

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. atoll we have been to the South Pacific at least four times, and have visited many atolls. Our favorite is Bora Bora

12. Lola (not to be confused with The Kinks' Lola)

13. I think it was Cher

14. Pebbles and Bam Bam

15. Florence, have been there once

16. 22, no idea

17. mumps, but probably not, as it does not involve the lungs

18. bridge

19. dunno

20. What a bizarre question - trying to think of things combustible that are mostly thought of as breakfast foods. Dunno.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

11. What name is given to a ring-shaped coral reef around a lagoon? atoll

12. What is the name of the showgirl mentioned in the lyrics of Barry Manilow's Copacabana? Lola

13. Which singer had a role in The Witches of Eastwick? Cher

14. What classic cartoon duo are the mascots for Cocoa/Fruity Pebbles? Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble

15. Which city, on the River Arno, is the capital of the region of Tuscany? Florence

16. The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season was notable for its record number of named storms. How many were there: 30, 22, 19 or 15? 30

17. What is another name for the childhood disease called laryngotracheobronchitis? croup (WTG OG)

18. North, South, East and West are the way that players are designated in which game? Bridge (WTG Juju)

19. What is the capital of Greenland? Nuuk

20. What common breakfast food was used to make bombs during World War II? bacon (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. What bird, closely related to grosbeaks and buntings, is the state bird of more U.S. states than any other bird?

22. Now a hotel, in which US port can you find the liner RMS Queen Mary?

23. What was the maiden name of the Duchess of Cambridge?

24. In chemistry what compound is represented by the formula O3?

25. What was the name of the Celtic festival that is the root of Halloween?

26. What is the watery by-product of cheese-making called?

27. After California, which US State produces the most wine?

28. What kind of fruit juice is used to mix a Tom Collins?

29. Who was hunted by Dutch physician Abraham van Helsing?

30. What are the six types of quarks more generally referred to as?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. NO IDEA
22. LONG BEACH...YEARS AGO I SPENT SEVERAL NIGHTS ON IN...OUR BATHTUB WAS ALMOST A SWIMMING POOL
23. MIDDLETON
24. NO IDEA
25. NEVER HEARD OF IT...I THOUGHT IT WAS 'ALL HALLOWS EVE'
26. CURDS...LOVE THEM
27. NOW I KNOW
28. LEMON
29. DRACULA
30. NO IDEA BUT I LOVED QUARK ON STAR TREK

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
so stupid I missed the bridge question

22.Long Beach
27.Washington
28.Lemon
I am at my sister's place for a few days starting Monday , 3 hours east of here, so I may not be here that often

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. cardinal

22. Long Beach, CA. I think it may be closed now, but I got to walk the decks when it was still a tourist attraction in Long Beach. It was a blast from the past for me, as my family emigrated to Australia on an ocean liner of that era in 1955 and returned to the US 6 months later on a sister liner.

23. Middleton

24. ozone

25. All Soul's Day

26. whey

27. Probably Washington, but Missouri also makes a lot.

28. lemon

29. perhaps Dr. Frankenstein?

30. dunno

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

21. What bird, closely related to grosbeaks and buntings, is the state bird of more U.S. states than any other bird? cardinal (WTG Juju)

22. Now a hotel, in which US port can you find the liner RMS Queen Mary? Long Beach

23. What was the maiden name of the Duchess of Cambridge? Middleton

24. In chemistry what compound is represented by the formula O3? ozone (WTG Juju)

25. What was the name of the Celtic festival that is the root of Halloween? Samhain

26. What is the watery by-product of cheese-making called? whey

27. After California, which US State produces the most wine? Washington

28. What kind of fruit juice is used to mix a Tom Collins? lemon

29. Who was hunted by Dutch physician Abraham van Helsing? Count Dracula (WTG OG)

30. What are the six types of quarks more generally referred to as? flavors

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. In a 1939 novelty song, the singer pretends to be what household item, begging, “Tip me over and pour me out”?

32. In 2010, the shallot was biologically reclassified as belonging to the same species as what other vegetable?

33. The town of Kapoho, Hawaii is now uninhabited because it was inundated by what in June 2018?

34. What rental car company, America’s third largest, chose its name in 1974 to appear alphabetically before competitors in the phone book?

35. When he was cast as Captain Kirk in 2008, who became the first Star Trek lead actor who was younger than Star Trek itself?

36. What kinds of clouds surround the eye of a hurricane?

37. Which scientist proposed that the sun was the center of the universe?

38. The Arrector Pili muscles produce which phenomenon in the human body?

39. In the Peanuts comics, who is Lucy Van Pelt infatuated with?

40. Finish the phrase “The artist formerly known as….”

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. TEAPOT...TIP ME OVER AND POUR ME OUT
32. ONION
33. LAVA
34. ALAMO?
35. CHRIS PINE
36. CUMULOUS
37. COPURNICUS
38. INTERESTING
39. NOW I KNOW
40. PRINCE

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. teapot

32. onion, although I never knew it was classified as being in any other family. It looks just like an onion to me.

33. lava and ash from a volcano

34. Alamo

35. Christopher Pine, or maybe Pike, says Bigdog

36. dunno, stratus

37. Copernicus

38. goose bumps

39. Schroeder

40. Prince

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
32.onion
33.Lava
34.Alamo
39.Schroeder the piano playing boy
40.Prince

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 28, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

31. In a 1939 novelty song, the singer pretends to be what household item, begging, “Tip me over and pour me out”? teapot

32. In 2010, the shallot was biologically reclassified as belonging to the same species as what other vegetable? onion

33. The town of Kapoho, Hawaii is now uninhabited because it was inundated by what in June 2018? lava

34. What rental car company, America’s third largest, chose its name in 1974 to appear alphabetically before competitors in the phone book? Alamo

35. When he was cast as Captain Kirk in 2008, who became the first Star Trek lead actor who was younger than Star Trek itself? Chris Pine

36. What kinds of clouds surround the eye of a hurricane? wall clouds

37. Which scientist proposed that the sun was the center of the universe? Copernicus

38. The Arrector Pili muscles produce which phenomenon in the human body? goosebumps (WTG Juju)

39. In the Peanuts comics, who is Lucy Van Pelt infatuated with? Schroeder

40. Finish the phrase “The artist formerly known as….” Prince