TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 07, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through August 07, 2022 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bwahahahaha!!! There was a huge and devastating hurricane in Galveston in 1905 that wiped out most of the city, but it was the yellow fever that followed because of lack of sanitation that killed the people. Oh well.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. Cancer

82. hot skivvy

83. The People's Court

84. dunno

85. feed dog. I have recently had TWO vintage sewing machines crap out on me because of failure of the feed dogs caused by too much sewing through too many layers of fabric making masks during the pandemic. My latest vintage heavy duty sewing machine has extremely robust feed dogs. The feed dogs move the fabric forward or backward.

86. Chrysler

87. A nickname

88. I would be surprised if it is anything other than Tide. Tide is always the best.

89. Kenny Rogers, says Bigdog as a wild guess.

90. cake, German chocolate cake

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

81. In the course of completing his famous 12 labors, Hercules kills a giant crab. What was that crab’s name? Cancer (WTG Juju)

82. What slang term for rumor or gossip derives from an old sailing term for a cask with a hole drilled in it… essentially an early version of a water cooler? scuttlebutt

83. What court is presided over by Judge Marilyn Milian, in a seat previously held by Jerry Sheindlin, Ed Koch, and Joseph Wapner? The People's Court

84. What 2000 movie did Cameron Crowe base on his own experiences as a teenage reporter for “Rolling Stone” magazine? Almost Famous

85. Which of these is the name of a part of a sewing machine: Stitch mouse, Feed dog, Guide Cow, or Whisper Cat? feed dog (WTG Juju)

86. Which car manufacturer made De Sotos and Plymouths? Chrysler

87. What is a sobriquet? nickname

88. What Procter & Gamble brand is the world’s best-selling laundry detergent? Tide

89. What Country Music Hall of Fame member spent the 1990s em“broiled” in lawsuits with a rival roasted chicken chain called Cluckers? Kenny Rogers (I don't think we ever had them on the west coast)

90. Boston baker Samuel German is best remembered as the namesake of a chocolate-coconut-pecan type of what? cake

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. In 2002, ESPN estimated that you are 40 percent more likely to become an NFL player if you are from—or are descended from—what Pacific island nation?

92. What snack—roughly equivalent to a British digestive biscuit—gets its name from a 19th-century teetotaler who believed that a diet free of pleasure or stimulation was how God wanted people to eat?

93. Barbershop vocal harmony is achieved with how many singers?

94. In Victorian times, instead of saying "cheese" which word did people say while posing for photographs: Prunes, Wheat, Beach or Bread?

95. Who wrote the song Ring of Fire?

96. In which film did Matthew McConaughey say: "Alright, alright, alright"?

97. How old is Prince Charles?

98. Who named the Pacific Ocean?

99. What is the loudest animal on Earth?

100. Heathrow Airport is located in what English city?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I had my cos Kenny up for 89. We had few here in Toronto and area. Ate twice at them. Nothing great. Will be back to do todays, need lunch after getting my 4th jab.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. SAMOA
92. GRAHAM CRACKER
93. 4 SINGERS
94. WHEAT?
95. JOHNNY CASHES WIFE JUNE
96. NO IDEA
97. 73.
98. MAGELLIN
99. WHALE
100. LONDON

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
91. Hawaii
92.graham crackers
93.6?
94.bread - I say whiskey now
95.Johnny Cash
97. Same as my bro 73
98.Cook
99.Elephant
100. Near London Uk not in it

Arm a teeny sore and had a nap

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday! You sure did, Dean. Sorry I missed it.

Answers:

91. In 2002, ESPN estimated that you are 40 percent more likely to become an NFL player if you are from—or are descended from—what Pacific island nation? Samoa (WTG OG)

92. What snack—roughly equivalent to a British digestive biscuit—gets its name from a 19th-century teetotaler who believed that a diet free of pleasure or stimulation was how God wanted people to eat? Graham crackers

93. Barbershop vocal harmony is achieved with how many singers? 4 (WTG OG) (My FIL was in a barbershop quartet)

94. In Victorian times, instead of saying "cheese" which word did people say while posing for photographs: Prunes, Wheat, Beach or Bread? Prunes

95. Who wrote the song Ring of Fire? June Carter Cash (WTG OG)

96. In which film did Matthew McConaughey say: "Alright, alright, alright"? Dazed and Confused

97. How old is Prince Charles? 73

98. Who named the Pacific Ocean? Magellan (WTG OG)

99. What is the loudest animal on Earth? sperm whale (WTG OG)

100. Heathrow Airport is located in what English city? London

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. The first primarily suburban area in the United States was Westchester County, located just north of what major U.S. city?

2. The president of Rolls-Royce once told an interviewer that he blames a TV commercial from the 1980s for the fact that people don’t consider their cars “cool.” It wasn’t even a Rolls-Royce ad. What was the commercial advertising?

3. In swimming, what does the acronym "IM" stand for?

4. What song by The Four Tops has the lyric "Sugar pie honey bunch"?

5. What snail-shaped organ in the ear funnels sound to the auditory nerve?

6. On "Nash Bridges", who played the title character?

7. What lobster organ is made into a delicacy known as "tomalley"?

8. What is the capital city of American Samoa, a group of islands in the South Pacific?

9. Which cereal grain is the most commonly used in beer?

10. What Indian spice that grows in pods is used to make chai tea?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. NYC
2. GREY PUPONE MUSTARD
3. NO IDEA
4. CAN'T HELP MYSELF
5. COCHLEA
6. DON JOHNSON
7. GUTS?
8. PAGO PAGO
9. NOW I KNOW
10. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.New York City
3.in the middle
6.Don Johnson
7.liver?
9.barley?
10.corrainder?

Crazy day -new mattress deliver and they wrecked the garage door and they have it on video -possible 7000 dollars of damage

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. Philadelphia

2. Corvette

3. Intermediate

4. Can't Help Myself

5. cochlea

6. Jeff Bridges

7. intestines - I have eaten it, doesn't taste bad

8. Pago Pago - I have been there, lots of Robert Louis Stevenson sites there

9. barley

10. cardamom (sp? cardamon?), says Bigdog

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

1. The first primarily suburban area in the United States was Westchester County, located just north of what major U.S. city? New York City

2. The president of Rolls-Royce once told an interviewer that he blames a TV commercial from the 1980s for the fact that people don’t consider their cars “cool.” It wasn’t even a Rolls-Royce ad. What was the commercial advertising? Grey Poupon mustard (WTG OG)

3. In swimming, what does the acronym "IM" stand for? Individual medley

4. What song by The Four Tops has the lyric "Sugar pie honey bunch"? Can't Help Myself

5. What snail-shaped organ in the ear funnels sound to the auditory nerve? cochlea

6. On "Nash Bridges", who played the title character? Don Johnson

7. What lobster organ is made into a delicacy known as "tomalley"? liver (WTG Dean)

8. What is the capital city of American Samoa, a group of islands in the South Pacific? Pago Pago

9. Which cereal grain is the most commonly used in beer? barley

10. What Indian spice that grows in pods is used to make chai tea? cardamom (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. Which New England state’s residents inexplicably call themselves “Nutmeggers”?

12. Which country has the most volcanoes?

13. How many Oscars did Elizabeth Taylor win?

14. What is the national animal of France?

15. In what 2016 movie does a plucky koala played by Matthew McConaughey think up the contest alluded to by the title?

16. How many bonus points do you get for a “bingo”—using all seven tiles at once—in the game of Scrabble?

17. In the Bible, what rebellious son of King David died after his head got caught in the branches of an oak tree?

18. What brand boasts that its scrunchies, hair clips, pins, and elastics are “#1 in Ouchless styles”?

19. In which Canadian province was Alex Trebek born?

20. What would you generally make in a cafetière?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11. New Hampshire
12.USA?
16.50?
19.Ontario , Sudbury in fact
20.coffee cake
Happy weekend

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. CONN.
12. INDONESIA
13. 2
14. PROBABLY NOT PEPE LE PEW
15. NO IDEA
16. NO IDEA
17. ABSOLOM
18. GOODIE
19. NO IDEA
20. COFFEE

}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

11. Which New England state’s residents inexplicably call themselves “Nutmeggers”? Connecticut (WTG OG)

12. Which country has the most volcanoes? USA (WTG Dean)

13. How many Oscars did Elizabeth Taylor win? 2 (WTG OG)

14. What is the national animal of France? rooster

15. In what 2016 movie does a plucky koala played by Matthew McConaughey think up the contest alluded to by the title? Sing

16. How many bonus points do you get for a “bingo”—using all seven tiles at once—in the game of Scrabble? 50 (WTG Dean)

17. In the Bible, what rebellious son of King David died after his head got caught in the branches of an oak tree? Absalom (WTG OG)

18. What brand boasts that its scrunchies, hair clips, pins, and elastics are “#1 in Ouchless styles”? Goody (WTG OG)

19. In which Canadian province was Alex Trebek born? Ontario (WTG Dean)

20. What would you generally make in a cafetière? coffee (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. How old was the Dalai Lama when he took the throne?

22. Which actor has been awarded a 'Golden Raspberry' for worst actor ten times?

23. Muhammad Ali was known as the Louisville what?

24. How many children were rescued from the flooded Tham Luang cave in Thailand in 2018?

25. What Mayberry resident charges an extra 25 cents for a flattop?

26. What is the most popular crop in US home gardens?

27. What is the name given to a screwdriver with a four pointed pattern?

28. In which country did the fist commercial bungee-jump take place?

29. What is the name of the seat used for riding on the back of an elephant?

30. If you were an LLD, what profession would you be involved in?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. VERY YOUNG...4 OR 5
22. GOOD CHOICE
23. LIP
24. 12...THE ANNIVERSARY WAS JUST IN THE PAPER
25. LLOYD THE BARBER
26. TOMATO?
27. PHILLIPS HEAD
28. NO IDEA...USA?
29. HOWDOH
30. LAWYER

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

21. How old was the Dalai Lama when he took the throne? 4 (WTG OG)

22. Which actor has been awarded a 'Golden Raspberry' for worst actor ten times? Sylvester Stallone

23. Muhammad Ali was known as the Louisville what? Lip (WTG OG)

24. How many children were rescued from the flooded Tham Luang cave in Thailand in 2018? 12 (WTG OG)

25. What Mayberry resident charges an extra 25 cents for a flattop? Flloyd Lawson (WTG OG)

26. What is the most popular crop in US home gardens? tomatoes (WTG OG and I have plenty if anyone needs some)

27. What is the name given to a screwdriver with a four pointed pattern? Phillips (WTG OG)

28. In which country did the fist commercial bungee-jump take place? New Zealand

29. What is the name of the seat used for riding on the back of an elephant? Howdah (WTG OG)

30. If you were an LLD, what profession would you be involved in? Law (WTG OG)