TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 15, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 15, 2022 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
39.Which song begins:"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside.."?

39.What flower does the vanilla pod come from ?

40.What does USB stand for?

41.In the liquor Baileys what is the main type of alcohol in it?

42.What is the only bird known to be able to fly backwards ?

43.In total, how many syllables are there in a haiku?

44.Which author wrote the The Hunger Games book series?

Thanks for playing and good luck !!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
39. RECOGNIZE IT BUT NOT WHAT IS'S CALLED
40. ORCHID
41. COCOA
42. HUMMINGBIRD
43. NO IDEA...A BUNCH
44. NO IDEA
NaCl
Sodium chloride forms from the ionic bonding of sodium ions and chloride ions. There is one sodium cation (Na+) for every chloride anion (Cl–), so the chemical formula is NaCl

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
IT AS A SMALL l (L)

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
39. your song by elton john
39. orchid
41. coco
42. hummingbird

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dean, NaCl is the correct formula for table salt. It is what both OG and I put, and we are correct. NaCi in incorrect.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

39. How Wonderful Life is

39. orchid

40. universal serial bus

41. Irish whiskey

42. hummingbird

43. 17

44. dunno

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ok re table salt .
Will post later as I walked 10.15 miles today.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We are flying back tomorrow so I will be back to post on Friday

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Oh great Granny Trivia as I have friend arriving for trhe weekend staying in the guest suite. 1st time I have seen since the virus. Looks like you are having a great Lukecation!!
I post after I reveal the next set and then reveal on Thursday , then the sub has done his work and you will have a clean slate.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
39.Which song begins:"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside.."? -Your Song by Elton John -wtg Lance

39.What flower does the vanilla pod come from ? -yes Orchid

40.What does USB stand for? -Universal Serial Bus -wtg Juju

41.In the liquor Baileys what is the main type of alcohol in it? -yes Whiskey -wtg Juju

42.What is the only bird known to be able to fly backwards ? -yes Hummingbird

43.In total, how many syllables are there in a haiku? -yes 17 -WTG Juju

44.Which author wrote the The Hunger Games book series? -Suzanne Collins

See my post one above -I post the next set and then reveal tomorrow which is another busy day .Thanks for playing and good to see you Lance
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks for playing and good luck
45.Which acronym describes the type of sleep associated with dreaming?

46.In the film the Wizard of Oz , what did the Lion want from the Wizard?

47.Bronze is an alloy primarily consisting of what two elements?

48.What popular pastime comes from the Japanese word meaning "empty orchestra"?

49.What do the letters in the acronym SCUBA stand for?

50.How many bones in the human body?

Thanks for letting me sub. I will stop at 50 to keep it even for when Granny Trivia comes back on Friday.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

45. REM

46. courage

47. copper and tin

48. Hahahaha, don't actually know, but I bet it will be karaoke

49. self contained underwater breathing apparatus

50. Oh, boy, this is one of those questions avid trivia players just memorize, but I usually count on my partners to know it, so I don't have to - it's not coming - 205?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
45. REM
46. HEART
47. COPPER AND TIN
48. KEREOKE
49. SELF CONTAINED UNDERWATER BREATHING APPARATUS
50. A WHOLE BUNCH
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
45.Which acronym describes the type of sleep associated with dreaming? -yes REM

46.In the film the Wizard of Oz , what did the Lion want from the Wizard? -courage -wtg Juju

47.Bronze is an alloy primarily consisting of what two elements?

48.What popular pastime comes from the Japanese word meaning "empty orchestra"? yes _karaoke -did it once while on vacation -have you two ever?

49.What do the letters in the acronym SCUBA stand for? -yes you both got it right -Self-contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus

50.How many bones in the human body?-Juju so very very close 206 -now you will have it in the back of your mind

Thanks for playing -Granny Trivia will be back from lukecation tomorrow
}

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I HAVE NEVER SUNG KARAOKE.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! Thanks so much again, Dean. I guess that was good timing in my coming home time and your guest visiting. Enjoy your company! I caught a cold in Florida, which I do every time. Sorry to hear you had Covid, Juju and glad you are better. There was such a difference in travel in certain areas. We all know that Florida sucks for distancing and mask wear. I am used to California where most of us still do.

New set and good luck!

1. What word is Yiddish for “rendered chicken or goose fat,” and is also used today to describe music or movies that are deemed overly sentimental?

2. Is there a place in the Caribbean called “Kokomo”?

3. The Hays Code was implemented in the 1930s to curb so-called profanity in film. It radically changed what cartoon character, who, in pre-Code times, was shown in a short skirt that exposed her garter, dancing topless, and dating a dog named Bimbo?

4. Butterfly gardens support butterflies and other pollinators by providing the types of plants they need throughout their life cycles. Monarch butterflies will only lay their eggs on what type of perennial flowers?

5. Mr. Pennywhistle, Mr. Doodle, Wally, and the Town Clown were all characters created and performed by Bob Keeshan. But none were as popular as his best-known character, which was what children’s television character?

6. What Roman goddess was the subject of Botticelli’s most famous painting, which you might call “That One With the Naked Lady in the Clam Shell”?

7. What sea separates Ireland from Great Britain?

8. What now 76-year-old singer is generally considered the first commercially successful artist to use auto-tune, thanks to her use of the technology on the 1998 song, “Believe”?

9. A game with New York City roots, what alliterative pastime has three categories when played at the competitive level: compulsory, freestyle, and speed rope?

10. What is the slowest competitive swimming stroke?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. SCHMALTZ
2 IF THERE IS I MISSED IT
3. BETTY BOOP
4. GREEN ONES
5. CAPTAIN KANGAROO
6. VENUS
7. IRISH SEA
8. CHER
9. JUMP ROPE
10. BREST STROKE

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
7.Irish sea
8.Cher

Just popped in. Sorry you got a cold.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Welcome home, Mamie. I bet your cold was worse than my Covid. If you get the latest Covid, ask your doctor immediately if you qualify to take antivirals. Some people do, and some don't. But if you do qualify, know that I found them to be a miracle drug.

Guesses for new set:

1. schmaltzy

2. No. I think Kokomo is in Indiana.

3. Betty Boop, she was VERY racy.

4. milkweed

5. Captain Kangaroo. It always surprises me that I am young enough to have watched Captain Kangaroo, but I did.

6. That would be Venus Rising, so Venus

7. Irish Sea

8. Cher

9. dunno

10. butterfly; that was a stroke that gained in popularity between the time I might have swum it, and my brother did, and he is only two years younger than me. I was never taught the butterfly; he was.