TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 12, 2022 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
16. TONI MORRISON
17. MERCURY
18. ADJECTIVE
19. PENICILlin
20. NOW I KNOW

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

LOL. JUJU. I ALSO SAID MARIANNAS TRENCH UNTIL I NOTICED 'ATLANTIC'.

And I totally did not read Atlantic, and was mystified about you passing on the question, which seemed really easy.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

15. Maya Angelou

16. 6

17. Mercury

18. adjective

19. Penicillin

20. dunno - ivory coast

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
\blue15. Whose 1969 first autobiographical work is titled"I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"? -Maya Angelou -wtg Juju

16How many legs does a monarch butterfly have? -6 -six -wtg Juju -OG you missed that question as you put 16 beside the answer to 15

17.What planet takes just 88 days to orbit around the sun? -yes Mercury

18.What part of speech describes or modifies a noun? -yes Adjective
19.What antibiotic was did Sir Sandford Fleming discover in 1928?
-yes Penicillin -where my nephew lives in Peterborough they have a community college named after him
20.What country in Africa has Asmara as its capital? -Eritrea

Thanks for playing }}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Sorry answers were not in blue -hope you have a great 2nd cruise Juju -Good luck!!

21.The poem The Road Not Taken is by which poet?

22.In Alice in Wonderland , what animals are used for balls in the game of croquet?

23.Who was the Roman goddess of the hunt?

24.What colour is the tongue of a giraffe?

25.If a dish is served "a la florentine" , what will it contain?

26.What year did Malala Yousafzal win the Nobel Peace Prize?

Thanks for playing . These are from a recent game I bought at a church sale.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. ROBERT FROST
22. HEDGEHOGS
23. NOW I KNOW
24. BLACKISH
25. SAUCE
26. LONGER AGO THAN I THOUGHT

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dean. I think that is probably a good source for your questions, as the Canadian ones in your newspapers are generally too, well, Canadian, for Americans, even though Trivial Pursuit is a game invented by Canadians.

Guesses for new set:

21. Robert Frost

22. hedgehogs

23. Diana

24. black; I know this from feeding giraffes at the Brownsville, TX, Zoo. It is a preservation of the species zoo, so it hosts many exotic species. The Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, TX, hatches more Galápagos land tortoises annually than do the Galápagos Islands. The 25 year old tortoises are only about 8-12" in diameter.

25. spinach

26. Whoa, good question. I'm going to say it was around 8-10 years ago, so maybe 2014.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2022 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

hope you have a great 2nd cruise Juju -Good luck!!

Thanks, Dean. I tested negative for Covid just 5 days after first testing positive. I took the anti-viral pills, Paxlovid, and they were like a miracle drug. I knew to ask my doctor for them, and started taking them the second day after testing positive. I have been feeling just fine for four days now, am going for a PCR test tomorrow morning, and I am quite sure it will be negative.

Reminder to everybody: You MUST take the anti-virals within 5 days of first symptoms, so take a home test the very first day you wake up with a sore throat. And then take another one the next day.

Friend told me that as of last Wed., July 6, 2022, the CDC had authorized pharmacies to prescribe anti-virals. Thank you, CDC.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
The questions come from a Canadian bookstore chain . When I use the ones from the newspaper I skip about 3 out of 10 of them as too Canadian for you two. There is another one every Sunday ,;but it is geared for Toronto citizens . I give it to a friend at the senior's club.
Glad you are on meds. two of my nephews and maybe a third as had covid as well as my niece and family including there 1year old. All okay now.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.The poem The Road Not Taken is by which poet? -yes Robert Frost

22.In Alice in Wonderland , what animals are used for balls in the game of croquet? -yes hedgehogs

23.Who was the Roman goddess of the hunt? -yes Diana -wtg Juju
24.What colour is the tongue of a giraffe? -black/blue so a 1/2 wtg for both of you -this colour to prevent sunburn

25.If a dish is served "a la florentine" , what will it contain? -spinach -wtg Juju

26.What year did Malala Yousafzal win the Nobel Peace Prize? -good guess or semi knowing -2014 -wtg Juju

Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good luck and thanks for playing

27.Who does Bruce Banner turn into when mad in the Marvel Universe?

28.Which Canadian singer who died in 2016 wrote one of my favourite songs"Hallelujah"?

29.What was the name of the NASA mission that first landed on the moon?

30.Who directed the movie Reservoir Dogs?

31.What unit of measurement is used for the height of a horse?

31.Beyonce and Jay-Z's first child is named what ?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I will be by in early mid am or late afternoon to reveal

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
27. THE HULK
28. NO IDEA
29. APOLLO II
3O. QUINTEN TERRINTINO
31. HAND
32. BLUE IVY

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

27. The Incredible Hulk

28. I think I may know this one but have forgotten. It is a wonderful song.

29. Apollo 11, guesses Bigdog

30. Quentin Tarantino, says Bigdog, although he had to squint and blow steam out his ears to get it

31. hand

31. Ivy Blue or something along those lines

2014 for Malala Nobel Prize was a guess of 8-10 years ago, and I just plain subtracted 8 from 2022.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
27.Who does Bruce Banner turn into when mad in the Marvel Universe? -yes the Hulk or Incredible Hulk

28.Which Canadian singer who died in 2016 wrote one of my favourite songs"Hallelujah"?-Leonard Cohen -my fav version is K D Lang and I heard it with just singing by a choir

29.What was the name of the NASA mission that first landed on the moon? -yes Apollo 11

30.Who directed the movie Reservoir Dogs? -yes Quentin Tarantino

31.What unit of measurement is used for the height of a horse? -yes hand

31.Beyonce and Jay-Z's first child is named what ? -yes Blue Ivy -wtg OG and 1/2 wtg Juju

Thanks for playing
}}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good luck and thanks for playing

32.The Statute of Liberty was a gift from what country?

33.What is the largest internal organ of the human body?

34.What is the chemical formula for salt?

35.Bubble tea originated in which country?

36.What was Roma emperor Nero of doing while Rome burned?

37.If you were in Bangkok, what currency wiould you use?

38.A. tandoor is a type of what?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

32. France - there is an identical one, although maybe of different scale on the outskirts of Paris. I have seen both of them.

33. liver

34. NaCl (sodium chloride)

35. Thailand, been there but didn't drink bubble tea

36. he was playing his fiddle, or fiddling

37. Bhat, unless it is spelled baht, but I think it is the former.

38. cooking vessel/oven

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

32.FRANCE
33. LIVER
34. NACL GOOD OLD HIGH SCHOOL CHEMESTRY
35. NO IDEA, NEVER HEARD OF IT
36. FIDDLED WHILE ROME BURNED?
37. BAHT
38. SOMETHING TO COOK WITH

}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
32.The Statute of Liberty was a gift from what country? -yes France

33.What is the largest internal organ of the human body? -yes liver

34.What is the chemical formula for salt? -NACI -a full wtg for Juju -a 3/4 wtg for OG -maybe it was a typo L at the end -never took Chemistry

35.Bubble tea originated in which country? -Taiwan -tried it once -it was NOT my cup of tea

36.What was Roma emperor Nero of doing while Rome burned? yes fiddled or played a fiddle

37.If you were in Bangkok, what currency would you use? -yes Baht

38.A. tandoor is a type of what?-yes an oven -wtg Juju -partial wtg OG

Thanks for playing
}