TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 16, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through June 16, 2022 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks OG for playing
75.What country was 1st to introduce paper money? -yes China -wtg OG

76.Name a country -one of 4 that consumes the most coffee annually ? -Scanadvian countries

76.When were jelly belly first introduced? -1976

77.What is the only number that has the same amount of letters as its name?like one has three letters so that is wrong. -yes FOUR -wtg OG

78.Japan cremates is it over 90% or just over 80% or just under 70% of its dead ? yes 93% -so wtg OG

79.Are dill and carrots in the same family? -yes -wtg OG

80.The tallest man was just under 9 feet tall or just over 8 feet tall?
-8 ft 11.1 inches tall weighed 490 lbs and died at age 22 -so another wtg OG

Granny Trivia will be back later

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday! I'm baaaccckkk! Thank you Dean, you did a bang up job and I am sure they will miss you. You are a true blue friend. Okay, my people, I am doing good and ready to tax your brains (and mine).

New set and good luck!

1. Which is more remote in Australia: the outback or the bush?

2. What 13th-century explorer’s biography was subtitled “From Venice to Xanadu”?

3. What two-word phrase for a particular group of celebrities from the ’50s and ‘60s was first coined by Lauren Bacall to describe her husband and his friends after a night of carousing?

4. Which Peanuts character was a star athlete, and once hit five home runs in a single game?

5. What bird comes in such species as Charming, Buff-Bellied, and Bumblebee?

6. What style of textile knotting originated with 13th century Arab weavers, but is better known in America as the most common way to make a friendship bracelet?

7. Otitis externa, an infection of the outer ear canal, is more commonly known as… what?

8. Which flavor of LifeSavers put out visible sparks if you bite them in the dark?

9. What product—developed in 1946 and named after its founder—patented a “burping seal” to keep its contents from leaking?

10. What appeared twice in Winnie the Pooh’s name when he first appeared in children’s books in 1926, but were dropped from his name when he was acquired by Disney?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
You are most welcome. I had just 10 questions left so you getting well enough to come back is great news. May answer them later . Tomorrow a busy get to meet a great nephew I never met a great niece I again never met , both 1 year and a few months plus a soon to be 4 year old great niece her sister.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Welcome back, Mamie!!!

Guesses for new set:

1. the outback - you go through the bush to get to the outback, says half-Australian Juju

2. Marco Polo

3. the Rat Pack

4. Peppermint Patty - she is one heck of an athlete

5. hummingbird

6. macramé

7. swimmer's ear

8. Pep-o-mint

9. Tupperwear

10. bear

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

1. OUTBACK
2. MARCO POLO
3. RAT PACK
4. NOW I KNOW
5. HUMMINGBIRD
6. KNITTING
7. SWIMMERS EAR
8. CHERRY?
9. GOOD OLD TUPPERWARE
10. BEAR
}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

1. Which is more remote in Australia: the outback or the bush? the outback

2. What 13th-century explorer’s biography was subtitled “From Venice to Xanadu”? Marco Polo

3. What two-word phrase for a particular group of celebrities from the ’50s and ‘60s was first coined by Lauren Bacall to describe her husband and his friends after a night of carousing? Rat Pack

4. Which Peanuts character was a star athlete, and once hit five home runs in a single game? Peppermint Patty (WTG Juju)

5. What bird comes in such species as Charming, Buff-Bellied, and Bumblebee? hummingbird

6. What style of textile knotting originated with 13th century Arab weavers, but is better known in America as the most common way to make a friendship bracelet? macrame (WTG Juju)

7. Otitis externa, an infection of the outer ear canal, is more commonly known as… what? Swimmer's Ear

8. Which flavor of LifeSavers put out visible sparks if you bite them in the dark? wint-o-green

9. What product—developed in 1946 and named after its founder—patented a “burping seal” to keep its contents from leaking? Tupperware

10. What appeared twice in Winnie the Pooh’s name when he first appeared in children’s books in 1926, but were dropped from his name when he was acquired by Disney? hyphens

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. What 1936 propaganda film was originally titled “Tell Your Children,” and has been reclaimed by advocates of marijuana legalization?

12. Which was called “polka” first: the music or the dot?

13. What is the largest country (by area) that borders only one other country?

14. Which three African countries have four-letter names?

15. Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone is one of the hit singles from the soundtrack to what 1986 film?

16. What juice is mixed with tomato juice to create a Caesar, Canada's answer to a Bloody Mary?

17. In England, Stinking Bishop is a type of what?

18. What 1968 horror film is set in the fictional Bramford apartment building in New York City?

19. What herb, native to the Mediterranean region, is sometimes called wild marjoram?

20. How many vertebrae are there in the human spinal column?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
WELCOME BACK. MAMIE, YOU'VE BEEN MISSED BUT DEAN WAS A VERY GOOD SUBSTITUTE.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ty Og

12.dance
13.Canada
16.Clamato juice
17.cactus
18.In the Dark or something with Audrey Hepburn

19.basil?
20.not one more then there is

Welcome back

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. I was going to pass on this one, but something is trying to come through. I'll see what I can come up with. Bigdog asleep. I bet he would know it. Nope, it's not gonna come.

12. dot

13. Canada

14. Zimbabwe, Zanzibar (not sure this one is still a country; it may have been renamed) and Zambia

15. dunno

16. clam juice, although Bigdog cheats and just buys Clamato

17. flowering plant

18. Halloween

19. How about St. John's wort?

20. dunno, but feel like I should

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. REEFER MADNESS FUNNIEST THING YOU EVER SAW
12. MUSIC
13. NO IDEA
14. MALI, CHAD, TOGO
15. NO IDEA
16. NO IDEA
17. BUG
18. NOW I KNOW
19. OREGANO?
20. NOW I KNOW...I'D LIKE TO RETURN MINE AND GET A NEW SET]

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

11. What 1936 propaganda film was originally titled “Tell Your Children,” and has been reclaimed by advocates of marijuana legalization? Reefer Madness (WTG OG)

12. Which was called “polka” first: the music or the dot? music (WTG OG)

13. What is the largest country (by area) that borders only one other country? Canada

14. Which three African countries have four-letter names? Chad, Mali, Togo (WTG OG)

15. Kenny Loggins' Danger Zone is one of the hit singles from the soundtrack to what 1986 film? Top Gun

16. What juice is mixed with tomato juice to create a Caesar, Canada's answer to a Bloody Mary? clam

17. In England, Stinking Bishop is a type of what? cheese

18. What 1968 horror film is set in the fictional Bramford apartment building in New York City? Rosemary's Baby

19. What herb, native to the Mediterranean region, is sometimes called wild marjoram? oregano (WTG OG)

20. How many vertebrae are there in the human spinal column? 33

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. In “The Music Man,” Harold Hill visits a Midwestern state that is so stubborn its residents claim they could “stand touching noses for a week at a time and never see eye-to-eye.” Which state is that?

22. Who played James Bond in the 1969 film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service?

23. Where in the world can you find the Neon Boneyard, a three-acre plot full of old and disused neon signs

24. Which creature is nicknamed the "Unicorn of the Sea"?

25. What part of the cow does chuck meat come from?

26. What is considered the sister language of English?

27. How many days of the year have no professional sports games playing?

28. Which United States state is the closest point to Africa?

29. What's Sleeping Beauty's real name?

30. Which building has the most nudity painting on its walls?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. INDIANA...I CAN STILL SEE OPIE SINGING GARY, INDIANA
22. GEORGE LAZENBY
23. LAS VEGAS?
24. NORWHAL WHALE
25. PART OF THE NECK
26. COMPLICATED ANSWER
27. NONE PROBABLY
28. MAINE
29. BRAIR ROSE
30. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.Indiana
22.George Lazenby -the only time he played 007
26.Celtic
27.none as they play on Christmas too -which is wrong too
28.New Hampshire
30.the Louvre ?

Just back from walking almost 10 miles today or 23,142 steps

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Reefer Madness was indeed the name of the movie I was trying to thing of. And, boy did I misread 14. Last night it clearly asked which three African countries started with the letter Z. LOL!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. Indiana

22. Roger Moore, no idea and Bigdog asleep

23. Las Vegas

24. narwhal

25. shoulder

26. German

27. ZERO, or so it would seem

28. Florida

29. dunno

30. The Vatican

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

21. In “The Music Man,” Harold Hill visits a Midwestern state that is so stubborn its residents claim they could “stand touching noses for a week at a time and never see eye-to-eye.” Which state is that? Iowa

22. Who played James Bond in the 1969 film On Her Majesty’s Secret Service? George Lazenby

23. Where in the world can you find the Neon Boneyard, a three-acre plot full of old and disused neon signs Las Vegas

24. Which creature is nicknamed the "Unicorn of the Sea"? narwhal

25. What part of the cow does chuck meat come from? shoulder (WTG Juju)

26. What is considered the sister language of English? German (WTG Juju)

27. How many days of the year have no professional sports games playing? 2

28. Which United States state is the closest point to Africa? Maine (WTG OG)

29. What's Sleeping Beauty's real name? Aurora

30. Which building has the most nudity painting on its walls? Sistine Chapel

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. Major League Baseball ranked a 1992 Penny Marshall film as the second-best baseball movie of all time. It’s getting a reboot as a TV series later this summer. What is it?

32. When a battery forms that white crusty bit, that means it’s leaking potassium hydroxide, and is probably dead. Potassium hydroxide is non-acidic and therefore lends what eight-letter adjective to most household batteries?

33. Simon’s first name is Paul. What is Garfunkel’s first name?

34. What ancient empire was ruled by Nebuchadnezzar?

35. Which American city is considered the home of grunge music?

36. According to Nancy Sinatra's hit song, her boots were made for what?

37. Which chemical element has the shortest name?

38. What was Weird Al Yankovic's parody of Madonna's Like A Virgin called?

39. Which Canadian province is most densely populated?

40. What does the CE button on a calculator do?