TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 22, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through May 22, 2022 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
8. CANADA?
9. BLUE
10. ESTONIA
11. NO IDEA
12. GOODBYE
13. SOUTH OF SOME PLACE
14. NO IDEA
16. PALO ALTO
17. MAMIE FOR SURE

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

8. Why not China?

9. red

10. Estonia

11. 12

12. goodbye

13. South of Houston (pronounced HOUSE-ton) Ave

14. 5000

15. This sounds like it could be a Canadian question, where they don't have palo verde trees, but it is a tree-like plant that has green limbs, and it's name means green stick. Tall tree translates as árbol alto, but I can't make that into any kind of California city, so will go with Palo Alto (falls down dead)

16. Mamie for recovering from a stroke at a young age and Grooch who ha done every trick in the book to not get Covid and came down with it today in a different thread.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
8.What country invented the egg carton? -Canada -in BC -wtg OG

9.Adele has a colour as a middle name -is it Pink or Blue or red? Boy how I love her singing. -blue -wtg OG

10.what Baltic state's capital is Tallinn? -yes Estonia

11.In the figure one trillion , how many zeros are there? -12 -wtg Juju

12.You are in London UK , someone says "Cheerio" -are they saying hello or goodbye? -goodbye

13.In NYC (New York City) what is the neighbourhood"SOHO" short for? -south of Houston st -wtg Juju

14.How many unprovoked shark bites were reported worldwide in 2021? -73

15.What California city's name translate as "tall tree"? - yes Palo Alto

16.Who are we wishing for a speedy full recovery ? -of course Granny Trivia aka Mamie and will mention about Grooch in our zoom call tonight

Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks for playing . Wont be back till mid late afternoon tomorrow . Still wishing Granny Trivia all the best for a full recovery

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Tried to do it all as one ;but got pulled away and went over the 10 minutes for editing. Here is today's set.
16.Who is the only living actor to have a major role on Beverly Hillbillies still alive ?

17.In the proverb , what does "early to bed , early to rise " make you?

18.How much is the slang term a quid worth in the UK?

19.What work in Beethoven 9th Symphony has the anthem of the European Union?

20. What fruit is part of a more common name for the Brazilian wandering spider?

21.What are the names of the two balcony hecklers on the Muppets Show?

22. What former US politician cowrote with novelist Louise Penny the "State of Terror"?

Good luck !!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
17. HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE.
18. POUND
19. NINTH...NOW HE'S IN HIS GRAVE DECOMPOSING...LOL
20. BANANA?
21. NO IDEA
22. NO IDEA

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My blood pressure was way too low, the reason I fell. Doctor changed my meds so hopefully we are back on track.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Oh good and I hope the meds work .

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hope you got you fixed, Mamie.

For Dean's -

the girl who played Ellie-Mae.

healthy, wealthy and wise

don't know the others

quid used to mean 25 cents

banana for the spider

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
16.Who is the only living actor to have a major role on Beverly Hillbillies still alive ? Max Brauer jr. -Donna Douglas Juju died in 2015

17.In the proverb , what does "early to bed , early to rise " make you? -yes Healthy , wealthy and wise

18.How much is the slang term a quid worth in the UK? -pound -wtg OG

19.What work in Beethoven 9th Symphony has the anthem of the European Union?
"Ode to Joy"

20. What fruit is part of a more common name for the Brazilian wandering spider? -yes banana

21.What are the names of the two balcony hecklers on the Muppets Show? Statler and Waldorf

22. What former US politician cowrote with novelist Louise Penny the "State of Terror"?-Hillary Rodman Clinton

Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks for playing -will be by mid afternoon tomorrow
23.What major river goes through the heart of Paris ?

24.What does the VEI scale ,used for volcanoes stand for?

25. Where will the next Olympics be ?

26.What was the ancient Roman god of the dead and underworld ?

27.What is the capital of Sweeden?

28.What insect name translates as "little fly" or "little gnat"?

29.What single named singer had a hit "Without Me " in 2019?

Good luck

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
TOMORROW}

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new Dean set:

23. Seine

24. Volcanic Eruptions Indicators

25. Huh! Dunno.

26. Pluto

27. Helsinki

28. Got to be mosquito

29. Adele, although I don't actually know who she is, just know that she is a popular single-named singer in recent years

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

23. SEINE
24. NOW I KNOW
25. NO IDEA
26. NO IDEA
27. STOCKHOLM
28. MOSQUITO...MOST DEADLY ANIMAL ON EARTH
29. NEVER HEARD OF HER

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
23. Seine
24. No idea
25. Paris?
26. Hades
27. Stockholm
28. Mosquito
20. Adele

Thought I would give it a go this morning.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    

Thanks for playing -will be by mid afternoon tomorrow
23.What major river goes through the heart of Paris ? -yes the Siene river

24.What does the VEI scale ,used for volcanoes stand for? -wtg Juju -Volcanic Explosivity Index

25. Where will the next Olympics be ? Paris -wtg Mamie!!

26.What was the ancient Roman god of the dead and underworld ?-Pluto wtg Juju

27.What is the capital of Sweeden? -yes Stockholm

28.What insect name translates as "little fly" or "little gnat"? _yes Mosquito

29.What single named singer had a hit "Without Me " in 2019? -Halsey -I do not recall this singer

Thanks for playing especially Granny Trivia !!
}}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good luck and thanks for playing -will be late afternoon to reveal
30. Who had the big hits Candle in the Wind", Crocodile Rock", and "Your Song" and has Dwight as his last name and married to someone from Scarborough Ontario , part of Toronto.

31.What German word roughly translates as "noisy ghost"?

32.What country in South America is the most populated?

33.Who played Phoebe on "Friends" the TV show?

34.At age 104 what actress from "Gone With the Wind" died in 2020?

35.What river runs through Budapest Hungary?

36.What Italian phrase means to speak quietly?

37.Is a fig a fruit or vegetable or a stem with flowers?

38.What did Skookum Jim Mason and his family discover near the Klondike River in 1896? Just love the name Skookum , don't you?

Thanks for playing !! Have they been hard enough -most are from the Sunday Star newspaper ?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dean, I think these latest ones are about the right difficulty for this group. When they get too Canadian, you lose most of us.

Guesses for new set:

30. Elton John

31. poltergeist

32. Brazil

33. Lisa Kudrow

34. Olivia Dehavilland

35. Danube - our only European river cruise was on the Danube from Budapest

36. pianissimo

37. must be a flower, or why would they ask?

38. gold, spawning the much later song, North to Alaska.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

30. ELTON JOHN
31. POLTERGUIST
32. BRAZIL
33. LISA KUDROW
34. OLIVIA DEHAVALAND
35. DANUBE
36. NO IDEA
37. I JUST READ THIS THE OTHER DAY...FLOWERS
38. GOLD OF COURSE
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
30. Who had the big hits Candle in the Wind", Crocodile Rock", and "Your Song" and has Dwight as his last name and married to someone from Scarborough Ontario , part of Toronto. -yes Elton John -tempted to see him when he is back later this year for a concert

31.What German word roughly translates as "noisy ghost"? -yes poltergeist

32.What country in South America is the most populated? -Brazil

33.Who played Phoebe on "Friends" the TV show? -yes Lisa Kudrow

34.At age 104 what actress from "Gone With the Wind" died in 2020? -yes Olivia de Havilland

35.What river runs through Budapest Hungary? -Danube -of course you have been there

36.What Italian phrase means to speak quietly? -sotto voce

37.Is a fig a fruit or vegetable or a stem with flowers? -yes flower

38.What did Skookum Jim Mason and his family discover near the Klondike River in 1896? Just love the name Skookum , don't you?
-yes gold of course

Ty Juju for your comments and I will limit the amount of Canadian questions which I would find easier than some of the USA questions. Thanks for playing. We had major wind storm yesterday -lots of trees down and some without power. Today drizzly and gloomy. Emergency alert went off on cell phones.