TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through May 10, 2022 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
18. 70's...NEVER HEARD OF IT
19. BURNS?
20. NAMIBIA...LOTS OF SAND THERE
21. NOW I KNOW
22. SHE WAS ONE OF THE OFFICIALS...REF?
23. MAUI...BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks for playing. Will be by later with the answers.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have been to Namibia. It is famous for its shifting sands and for the German ghost cities out among its constantly shifting sands.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Will be by in am . Sorry got busy.
A nice family photo of Mary and family posted on facebook.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
18.Ginger beef was first eaten in Calgary mid 1960's or mid 1970's ? -wtg OG -1975 -found at Chinese Eateries

19.What Scottish poet wrote the words to "Auld Lang Syne" ? -Burns -wtg Juju and OG

20.What South American country is home to Salar de Uyuni , the worlds' largest salt flat? -Bolivia

21.What does the text abbreviation "ICYMI" mean? -In Case You Missed It and Juju did not -wtg

22.What accomplishment did Sarah Thomas achieve at the 2021 Super Bowl ? yes the 1st woman ref -WTG OG

23.You flew from PDX to OGG , so what airports ? -Portland to Maui -you both just answered half -so 1/2 wtg each
IO know OG it may have been cruel of me to do that question
Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Thanks for playing. Doing two walks today. Most are from today's paper.

24.What is the USA's smallest state ?

25.What is the only type of penguin found north of the equator?

26.How high is a regulation tennis net in the middle?

27.What battle did Napoleon lose in 18115 marking the end of his reign?

28.What duo co wrote the non fiction book ope watergate "All the President's Men"?

29.Is the Milky way a spiral galaxy , elliptical galaxy or irregular galaxy?

30.What 1965 Frank Herbert book is considered the most popular science fiction book ever?

Thanks for playing and hoping these 7 are just tough enough

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
24. RHODE ISLAND
25. NOW I KNOW
26. 3 FEET
27. WATERLOO
28. CARL BERNSTEIN AND BOB WOODWARD
30. NOW I KNOW

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

24. I think Rhode Island is smaller that Hawaii

25. Galapagos penguin. I have been snorkeling at the surface in the Galapagos and had a penguin go right past me in the water. It was like a torpedo, and you couldn't even identify it as a bird, but that was the only thing it could have been.

26. 42", I think.

27. Waterloo

28. Woodward and Bernstein

29. spiral

30. Dune

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
24.What is the USA's smallest state ? -yes Rhode Island -wtg both of you

25.What is the only type of penguin found north of the equator? -wtg Juju -Galapagos penguins -of course you have been there

26.How high is a regulation tennis net in the middle? 91 metres or 3feet -WTG OG

27.What battle did Napoleon lose in 18115 marking the end of his reign? -Waterloo -wtg both of you

28.What duo co wrote the non fiction book ope watergate "All the President's Men"?-yes Woodward and Bernstein -wtg both of you

29.Is the Milky way a spiral galaxy , elliptical galaxy or irregular galaxy? -spiral galaxy -wtg Juju

30.What 1965 Frank Herbert book is considered the most popular science fiction book ever? -Dune -wtg Juju

Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good luck and have a good week
31.What does 'TMB' mean in texting lingo?

32.What Turkish city is home to the Sultan Ahmed Mosque or Blue Mosque? betting Juju has been there

33.What gothic fiction writer of "Interview With The Vampire" died in December 2021 ?

34. Besides gross or horrid what is the fanciful name for a group of cockroaches?

35.What is the original inspiration for the fictional town of Castle Rock?

36.What is the space whee a unibrow might be called ?

37.In the Frozen movies what character did Idina Menzel voice?

38.What star would be at , if you were at a country music show in Branson?

Have a good week all.
Wednesday wont be here till mid afternoon as seeing Cherry Blossoms in High Park, a big park we have here.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. NO IDEA
32. ISTANBUL
33. ANN RICE
34. I NOW NOW
35. THERE IS A TOWN OF CASTLE ROCK IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
36. NOW I KNOW
37. ELSA
38. DON'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
OH, DO YOU MEAN COUNTRY AND WESTERN?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am going to play along today. I am doing really well, OG, thanks for asking. I have no paralysis, no speech issues. I can walk on my own and do about most of everything. I am incredibly tired though. It was quite scary and eye-opening. I saw the speech therapist today and she said I passed with flying colors and I don't need her so that's a good thing.

31. text me
32. Istanbul
33. Ann Rice
34. an intrusion
35. Lord of the Flies but I always think of Stephen King
36. glabella
37. Elsa
38. I don't understand the questions either.

I might try and post some questions tomorrow.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I guess we can't type the "b" word.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Sorry the last question I did mean country and western music show.
Glad Granny Trivia you came by and doing much better.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
What state , major typo .

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Welcome back, Mamie. Glad you don't have damage.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31.What does 'TMB' mean in texting lingo? -text me back -=close Mam

32.What Turkish city is home to the Sultan Ahmed Mosque or Blue Mosque? betting Juju has been there -yes -Istanbul wtg OG and Mam

33.What gothic fiction writer of "Interview With The Vampire" died in December 2021 ? -yes Ann Rice wtg Mam and OG

34. Besides gross or horrid what is the fanciful name for a group of cockroaches? an intrusion -wtg Mam

35.What is the original inspiration for the fictional town of Castle Rock? Lord of the Flies

36.What is the space whee a unibrow might be called ? -the labella or mesophyron -1/2 wtg Mam

37.In the Frozen movies what character did Idina Menzel voice? -Elsa -wtg Mam and OG

38.What star would be at , if you were at a country music show in Branson? -sorry again for the error -Missouri

Thanks for playing . Mamie if you are not up to it , let me know or just do 6 a day. So glad you are doing so much better

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ANSWER TO #38.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday! New set and good luck!

39. John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Abraham Lincoln, had a brother who was an acclaimed stage actor. What was his brother’s name?

40. What sauce traditionally consists of crushed garlic, basil, European pine nuts, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese?

41. Native to eastern Australia, what animal was historically known as a "Laughing Jack-Ass"?

42. What 1971 novel by William Peter Blatty was adapted into a 1973 classic horror film for which he won an Academy Award for the screenplay?

43. In French cuisine, what describes a mixed salad traditionally made of tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, olives and anchovies or tuna, dressed with olive oil?

44. What took place on 28th March 1979 in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, making news headlines worldwide?

45. What is the name of the 80-1 outsider that won the Kentucky Derby on Saturday?

46. Portrayed by Kathy Bates in the 1990 film of the same name, in what 1987 Stephen King novel does the character Annie Wilkes feature?

47. If you’re on a crew that consists of graders, gaugers, spikers, and bolters, what are you building?

48. In 1953, Mr. Potato Head met Mrs. Potato Head. Later that same year, they welcomed two children to the family: a daughter named Yam, and a son named… what?

49. In 2018, after 30 years of research, Bayer released a variety of onion called “sunions.” What makes sunions unique?