TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 25, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through March 25, 2022 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, March 21, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
12.Times
13.Olvaltine -they were clients of my Dad's
14.UK/England
15.2?
16.Forest Whittaker
17.Hollandaise
18.Coco Channel?
19.Aluminum ?
20.Lana Turner the sweater girl

Happy Monday all

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. Slovakia, I have been there and seen this little guy while walking along the street.

Bratislava

12. "the times, they are a'changin'"

13. Ovaltine

14. Dublin, Ireland

15. 3, or why would they ask?

16. dunno, and Bigdog asleep

17. hollandaise

18. Dior. A-line. I was a teenager in the '60's, and ALL of the fashion world was VERY important then. I was about 5'10" and 110 - 125 pounds, and there simply were no clothes for girls of that size. So my mother taught me to sew when I was 14, and I thereafter made most of my own clothes. I made a LOT of A-line dresses and skirts, but also belted shirtwaist dresses and plaid pleated skirts. Oh! Best a-line dress I ever made was for New Year's Eve 1967, and it was blue velveteen with a hot pink psychedelic pattern, and hot pink textured tights, and I was an absolute sensation in it, I flew on an airplane to visit a boyfriend in Minneapolis, and we had a great time, and I caught Hong Kong flu that night. Uhhh ... where were we, besides Memory Lane?

19. tin

20. Oh! Way back, perhaps the original "sweater girl". Lana Turner

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

11. Bratislava is the capital of which country? Slovakia (Cool picture, Juju)

12. In his song, what did Bob Dylan suggest was "a changin'"? the times

13. What brand name drink derived its name from its original ingredients of egg and malt? Ovaltine

14. Intending to land in California, in 1938 where did Douglas 'Wrong Way' Corrigan land, to end his flight from New York? Dublin (WTG Juju)

15. What is the highest number of Popes to have ever been in the papacy at the same time? 3 (WTG Juju)

16. Who played Idi Amin in The Last King of Scotland? Forest Whitaker

17. The name of what creamy sauce comes from the French word for “Dutch”? hollandaise

18. Which French fashion designer created silhouettes called the A-line, the H-line and the Y-line in the Fifties? Christian Dior (I rather enjoy your trips down memory lane. I can just picture the outfit!)

19. While a blacksmith typically works with iron, a whitesmith specializes in what other metal? tin (WTG Juju)

20. Appearing in “Honky Tonk” and “Peyton Place”, what film star was famously discovered at a Hollywood malt shop? Lana Turner

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. What profession translates literally from Spanish to English as “killer”?

22. The most-visited tourist attraction in the United States is in New York City. It once prompted the British writer G.K. Chesterton to quip, “How beautiful it would be for someone who could not read.” What is it?

23. What southern U.S. state capital is named for the ancestor of a 20th-century poet, author of "Song of the Open Road" and famed for his clever, meter-breaking rhymes?

24. How long does it take a single red blood cell to make a full circuit of the average human body?

25. Which two Friends characters are played by actors that share the same first name?

26. When was Microsoft Windows first released: 1985, 1987, 1989, or 1990?

27. Due to a construction error made about 4,500 years ago, which landmark is slightly lopsided?

28. Who hosted the first episode of Saturday Night Live?

29. What was the samurai code of behavior called?

30. A pig named Wilbur features in what 1952 novel by American author E. B. White?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. ASASSIN
22. THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
23. NO IDEA
24. LESS THAN A MINUTE
25. NO IDEA
26. 1985...A LONG TIME AGO
27. GREAT PYRAMID
28. NOW I KNOW
29. NO IDEA
3O. CHARLOTTE'S WEB

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
22. Empire State Building
23.Savanah?
24.30 secs
26.1987?
30.Charlotte's Webb

Happy Tuesday

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 22, 2022 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. matar means to kill, and ador means something like practitioner of, so matador

22. New York City Library, one of the places I visited when we visited New York on a one day cruise stop. They have the two lions at the base of the steps, a marvelous wooden interior and a freaking Gutenberg Bible in a small wooden stand with a glass top. AND it is FREE.

23. The author is Walt Whitman who wrote the Song Of series of poems for Leaves of Grass. Guessing Raleigh for the capitol named after Whitman's ancestor.

24. 12 hours

25. Chandler and Joey

26. 1985

27. Tower of Pisa

28. George Carlin

29. dunno

30. should know, but drawing a blank

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

21. What profession translates literally from Spanish to English as “killer”? matador (WTG Juju)

22. The most-visited tourist attraction in the United States is in New York City. It once prompted the British writer G.K. Chesterton to quip, “How beautiful it would be for someone who could not read.” What is it? Times Square

23. What southern U.S. state capital is named for the ancestor of a 20th-century poet, author of "Song of the Open Road" and famed for his clever, meter-breaking rhymes? Nashville (Ogden Nash)

24. How long does it take a single red blood cell to make a full circuit of the average human body? about one minute

25. Which two Friends characters are played by actors that share the same first name? Joey and Chandler (WTG Juju)

26. When was Microsoft Windows first released: 1985, 1987, 1989, or 1990? 1985

27. Due to a construction error made about 4,500 years ago, which landmark is slightly lopsided? Great Pyramid of Giza (WTG OG)

28. Who hosted the first episode of Saturday Night Live? George Carlin (WTG Juju)

29. What was the samurai code of behavior called? Bushido

30. A pig named Wilbur features in what 1952 novel by American author E. B. White? Charlotte's Web

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. The 1956 movie “High Society” was set in Newport, Rhode Island. It was a musical remake of what 1940 Katharine Hepburn movie—set 275 miles to the southwest?

32. What confectionery product is manufactured by a company called Just Born, and adopted the marketing slogan “Always in season” when it expanded its previously annual offerings?

33. Two countries claim to have invented the French fry. One is France. What is the other?

34. In Robert Louis Stevenson's 1883 novel, Treasure Island, how many men were "on the Dead Man's chest"?

35. In Greek mythology, who beheaded Medusa?

36. What German-born high wire artist died after falling off a tight-rope suspended between two hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico?

37. More than any other city in the world, how many international airports make up the London airport system?

38. American ventriloquist Shari Lewis (1933-1998) was best known as the original puppeteer of what sock puppet?

39. What is the birthstone for February?

40. Who is the only poet to win four Pulitzer Prizes?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. PHILADELPHIA STORY
32. PEEPS COMPANY
33. USA?
34. FIFTEEN
35. PERSEUS
36. THE ANNIVERSARY WAS JUST YESTERDAY...KARL WALLENDA
37. WOW, DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS THAT MANY
38. LAMBCHOP
39. NO IDEA
40. ROBERT FROST

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31.Philadelphia Story
33.Beligum?
34.13?
3y.Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted are 3 I know -possibly more so my guess is 6?
38.lambchop
39.Amaythest?

Happy middle of the week all

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

31. Philadelphia Story

32. dunno

33. Maybe Belgium - when we were going to have a long layover in Belgium once, someone on a message board advised us to take the train downtown and eat French fries, as Belgium has the world's best. I decided to get some sleep in an airport hotel instead, but I sure wanted those fries. Have not actually been to Belgium other than the airport. I am never sure whether or not to count setting foot in their airport as having been IN a country. If so, then I have been to Belgium and Japan.

34. 15

35. Maybe Odysseus

36. Wallenda, possible first name of Kurt or some other short man's name beginning with a K

37. I can think of 4, but why would they ask, so 5

38. Lambchop

39. amethyst

40. Robert Frost

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

31. The 1956 movie “High Society” was set in Newport, Rhode Island. It was a musical remake of what 1940 Katharine Hepburn movie—set 275 miles to the southwest? Philadelphia Story

32. What confectionery product is manufactured by a company called Just Born, and adopted the marketing slogan “Always in season” when it expanded its previously annual offerings? Peeps (WTG OG)

33. Two countries claim to have invented the French fry. One is France. What is the other? Belgium

34. In Robert Louis Stevenson's 1883 novel, Treasure Island, how many men were "on the Dead Man's chest"? 15

35. In Greek mythology, who beheaded Medusa? Perseus (WTG OG)

36. What German-born high wire artist died after falling off a tight-rope suspended between two hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico? Karl Wallenda

37. More than any other city in the world, how many international airports make up the London airport system? 6 (WTG Dean)

38. American ventriloquist Shari Lewis (1933-1998) was best known as the original puppeteer of what sock puppet? Lamb Chop

39. What is the birthstone for February? amethyst

40. Who is the only poet to win four Pulitzer Prizes? Robert Frost

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. In March of 1989, the Exxon Valdez struck Bligh Reef, a well-known navigation hazard in which Alaskan inlet?

42. Voiced by a famous radio DJ from 1969 to 1997, the cartoon character Norville Rogers is better known by what name?

43. Prior to the end of the Korean War, what was Veterans Day known as?

44. What Cleveland, Ohio, company uses the advertising slogan “Cover the Earth,” as well as a logo that shows their product doing just that?

45. What is the only country that has coastline on both the Indian Ocean and the Caspian Sea?

46. Which year did the first Star Wars film come out?

47. There are four Latin classifications for clouds. What does 'nimbus' translate to?

48. What kind of electromagnetic radiation arises only from nuclear excitations?

49. Nadia Comaneci took three Olympic gold medals at what tender age?

50. What car brand sells the electric vehicle the Bolt EV?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. TODAY IS THE ANNIVERSARY IT WAS IN THE PAPER...PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND
42. NOW I KNOW
43. ARMISTICE DAY
44. SHERWIN-WILLIAMS PAINT
45. NO IDEA
46. NOT AS LONG AGO AS I THOUGHT
47. ROUND CLOUD
48. GAMMA RAYS
49. 14
50. CHEVY

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
OG YOU ARE NEEDED IN THE TRUTH/LIE THREAD

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, March 24, 2022 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
46.1985 - a guess as I never saw one

Having a cyst removed tomorrow so may not be here.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! Good luck today, Dean.

Answers:

41. In March of 1989, the Exxon Valdez struck Bligh Reef, a well-known navigation hazard in which Alaskan inlet? Prince William Sound (WTG OG)

42. Voiced by a famous radio DJ from 1969 to 1997, the cartoon character Norville Rogers is better known by what name? Shaggy (From Scooby Doo, voice by Casey Kasem)

43. Prior to the end of the Korean War, what was Veterans Day known as? Armistice Day (WTG OG)

44. What Cleveland, Ohio, company uses the advertising slogan “Cover the Earth,” as well as a logo that shows their product doing just that? Sherwin-Williams (WTG OG)

45. What is the only country that has coastline on both the Indian Ocean and the Caspian Sea? Iran

46. Which year did the first Star Wars film come out? 1977 (Dean! You have never watched a Star Wars film?!)

47. There are four Latin classifications for clouds. What does 'nimbus' translate to? rain storm

48. What kind of electromagnetic radiation arises only from nuclear excitations? gamma rays (WTG OG)

49. Nadia Comaneci took three Olympic gold medals at what tender age?

50. What car brand sells the electric vehicle the Bolt EV? Chevrolet (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. In dinnerware, fine porcelain is often called “china,” because that’s where the process was invented. But it was English potters in the 1700s who began adding the ash of what material to their china to make it stronger?

52. If you have a goiter, which of your glands is enlarged?

53. Guy Fieri once said that only a “jackass” would eat a burger without aioli on it. This is why, in his restaurants, he rebranded aioli with what name?

54. What celestial body is home to formations named after the Balrog from Lord of the Rings, Cthulhu, and several death-gods from various world religions?

55. The word "myriad" originally meant which specific number?

56. If the skin is the heaviest organ in the body, which is the next heaviest?

57. What is the world's largest freshwater mammal?

58. Chocolate the Moose and Legs the Frog are among the ‘original nine’ characters of what toy line?

59. Which dwarf planet is closest to the sun?

60. The longest pearl necklaces are traditionally classified as what length?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 25, 2022 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51. SINCE WE CALL IT BONE CHINA MAYBE BONE ASH
52. THYROID
53. NO IDEA
54. THE SUN?
55. NOW I KNOW
56. LIVER
57. MANATEE
58. NO IDEA
59. NOW I KNOW
60. I WAS GOING TO SAY 'OPERA' BUT THERE IS A LONGER ONE