TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 06, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through March 06, 2022 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 02, 2022 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. Although it is the southernmost of the Great Lakes, which Great Lake is the likeliest to freeze over, due to its also being the shallowest of the five?

22. In 1935, what athlete had “the greatest 45 minutes ever in sport,” when he tied the world record for the 100-yard dash, and set world records in the 220-yard sprint, the 220-yard low hurdles, and the long jump, the last of which would stand for 25 years?

23. Batman's butler is named Alfred. What is his last name?

24. The Principle of Parsimony states that most things in nature operate in the simplest or most economical way possible. It has a more common name, which comes from a 14th-century Franciscan friar. What is it?

25. The skin care brand Aveeno takes its name from the scientific name for what edible ingredient, which appears in all of the company’s products?

26. Wall Ball is a common exercise in which type of workout?

27. A "reducetarian" aims to reduce the amount of the amount of what: animal products they eat, processed foods they eat, sugar they eat or non-organic foods they eat?

28. Which car manufacturer also produces high quality salt and pepper grinders?

29. From which Beatles song does this line come: "Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter"?

30. What is inside a chicken kiev?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, March 02, 2022 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.Lake Erie
23.Wayne??
25.Aloe vera?
27.processed foods
28.GM???
30.ham and cheese?

Happy hump day all

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 02, 2022 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

21. ERIE
22. JESSE OWENS...DROVE HITLER NUTS
23. NO IDEA...MAYBE HE DIDN'T HAVE ONE
24. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE
25. AVOCADO
26. NO IDEA
27. MEAT
28. LOL...NOW I KNOW
29. HERE COMES THE SUN
30. CHEESE

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thursday!

Answers:

21. Although it is the southernmost of the Great Lakes, which Great Lake is the likeliest to freeze over, due to its also being the shallowest of the five? Lake Erie

22. In 1935, what athlete had “the greatest 45 minutes ever in sport,” when he tied the world record for the 100-yard dash, and set world records in the 220-yard sprint, the 220-yard low hurdles, and the long jump, the last of which would stand for 25 years? Jesse Owens (WTG OG)

23. Batman's butler is named Alfred. What is his last name? Pennyworth

24. The Principle of Parsimony states that most things in nature operate in the simplest or most economical way possible. It has a more common name, which comes from a 14th-century Franciscan friar. What is it? Occam's Razor

25. The skin care brand Aveeno takes its name from the scientific name for what edible ingredient, which appears in all of the company’s products? oats

26. Wall Ball is a common exercise in which type of workout? CrossFit

27. A "reducetarian" aims to reduce the amount of the amount of what: animal products they eat, processed foods they eat, sugar they eat or non-organic foods they eat? animal products (WTG OG)

28. Which car manufacturer also produces high quality salt and pepper grinders? Peugeot

29. From which Beatles song does this line come: "Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter"? Here Comes the Sun (WTG OG)

30. What is inside a chicken kiev? garlic butter

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. It’s Lent, which means it’s officially Filet-O-Fish season at McDonald’s. What fish do they use in their sandwich?

32. Which two New York City boroughs are separated by the Harlem River?

33. The 1984 Andrew Lloyd Webber musical “Starlight Express” is famously produced with the cast in what type of footwear?

34. What square-dancing song contains such lyrics as “I lost my partner, what’ll I do?” and “I’ll get another, pretty as you”?

35. Mt Kilamanjaro is in which country?

36. Which type of animal would have a "fetlock"?

37. Constantine the Great ruled which empire?

38. What is the name of the villain from The Smurfs?

39. Which ocean is the world's shallowest?

40. Which of Stephen King's novels was his biggest seller?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. NOW I KNOW
32. MANHATTIN AND BRONX
33. ROLLER SKATES
34. SKIP-TO-MY-LOU?
35. TANZANEIA
36. EQUINES
37. ROMAN EMPIRE
38. NO IDEA
39. ARCTIC
40. THE SHINING

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
31. White Fish
32.Bronx and Manhattan
33.Roller Skates
35.Tanzania?
37 .Austrian
38.Snugles?
39.Arctic
40.Misery

Happy Thursday

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Had my consult almost a year after my quad. Things are good, my bp number is a tich high. Will have the scar on my arm where the vein was taken will be forever.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! I am glad it went well, Dean. Now let's get that BP down!

Answers:

31. It’s Lent, which means it’s officially Filet-O-Fish season at McDonald’s. What fish do they use in their sandwich? pollock

32. Which two New York City boroughs are separated by the Harlem River? Manhattan and the Bronx

33. The 1984 Andrew Lloyd Webber musical “Starlight Express” is famously produced with the cast in what type of footwear? roller skates

34. What square-dancing song contains such lyrics as “I lost my partner, what’ll I do?” and “I’ll get another, pretty as you”? Skip to my Lou (WTG OG)

35. Mt Kilamanjaro is in which country?

36. Which type of animal would have a "fetlock"? horse (WTG OG)

37. Constantine the Great ruled which empire? Roman (WTG OG)

38. What is the name of the villain from The Smurfs? Gargamel

39. Which ocean is the world's shallowest? Arctic

40. Which of Stephen King's novels was his biggest seller? The Shining (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. Aspiring dog trainers may want to read the book “Cesar’s Way.” What is Cesar’s last name?

42. Denzel Washington got his “Best Actor” Oscar for “Training Day.” His co-star in that movie was nominated for “Best Supporting Actor.” Who was it?

43. What was the name of Philip Michael Thomas' Miami Vice character?

44. According to the myth, what were the Argonauts supposed to return to Greece?

45. How many Great Pyramids are there at the Giza Necropolis?

46. Which type of crab lives in a winkle shell?

47. What is the name for the back part of the eye containing cells which respond to light?

48. What color is calamine lotion?

49. What was mountaineer Geoge Mallory quoted as saying when asked why he was attempting to climb Mt Everest?

50. What type of animal is an Oryx?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. MILLAN...I ALWAYS ENJOY HIM
42. NOW I KNOW
43. NO IDEA
44. GOLDEN FLEECE
45. 3
46. WHELK
47. RETINA
48. PINK AND CLEAR NOW
49. BECAUSE IT'S THERE SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT
50. ANTELOPE

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
41.Millian ?
45.5?
48.light pink
Tougher today -ty re my consult . It is just about 2 or 5 above what it should be for my bp. I have a metre at home to check it.
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Saw this trivia question recently -what was the letter to be added to the alphabet -1. J 2. X 3.Y 4. Q ?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday! I think the last letter added was J.

Answers:

41. Aspiring dog trainers may want to read the book “Cesar’s Way.” What is Cesar’s last name? Milan

42. Denzel Washington got his “Best Actor” Oscar for “Training Day.” His co-star in that movie was nominated for “Best Supporting Actor.” Who was it? Ethan Hawke

43. What was the name of Philip Michael Thomas' Miami Vice character? Rico Tubbs

44. According to the myth, what were the Argonauts supposed to return to Greece? The Golden Fleece (WTG OG)

45. How many Great Pyramids are there at the Giza Necropolis? 3 (WTG OG)

46. Which type of crab lives in a winkle shell? hermit crab

47. What is the name for the back part of the eye containing cells which respond to light? retina (WTG OG)

48. What color is calamine lotion? pink

49. What was mountaineer Geoge Mallory quoted as saying when asked why he was attempting to climb Mt Everest? Because it's there (WTG OG)

50. What type of animal is an Oryx? antelope (WTG OG)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. What causes the distinctive smell in the air before a rainstorm?

52. Schnozz, honker and beak are all nicknames for which body part?

53. Which actor played Elwood Blues in The Blues Brothers?

54. Which South African city is known as 'Mother City'?

55. Bart Simpson usually wears which color t-shirt?

56. The world's first birth control clinic was in which country?

57. What is the singular form of the word spaghetti?

58. Radiculopathy is another name for what painful condition?

59. What is Ray's mother name on TV's "Everybody Loves Raymond"?

60. Who played mountaineer Heinrich Harrer in "Seven Years In Tibet"?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51. NOW I KNOW...SORT OF
52. NOSE
53. NO IDEA...JOHN BALUSHI?
54. NO IDEA...JOHANNESBURG?
55. NO IDEA...NEVER SEEN IT
56. NOW I KNOW
57. NOW I KNOW
58. NO IDEA
59. MARIE
60. NO IDEA

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Yes it was J the last letter added to the alphabet , you and I Grannytrivia were right ,Congrats!!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
52. Nose
53.John Belushi
54.Johnasberg
55.blue?
56.Germany?
58.Marie

Have a good weekend

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

51. ozone

52. nose

53. John Belushi

54. Johannesburg, have not been there, only to Capetown and environs.

55. red

56. China

57. spaghetti

58. pinched nerve

59. Doris

60. dunno, and Bigdog already asleep

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday!

Answers:

51. What causes the distinctive smell in the air before a rainstorm? ozone (WTG Juju)

52. Schnozz, honker and beak are all nicknames for which body part? nose

53. Which actor played Elwood Blues in The Blues Brothers? Dan Ackroyd

54. Which South African city is known as 'Mother City'? Cape Town

55. Bart Simpson usually wears which color t-shirt? orange

56. The world's first birth control clinic was in which country? Netherlands

57. What is the singular form of the word spaghetti? spaghetto

58. Radiculopathy is another name for what painful condition? pinched nerve (WTG Juju)

59. What is Ray's mother name on TV's "Everybody Loves Raymond"? Marie

60. Who played mountaineer Heinrich Harrer in "Seven Years In Tibet"? Brad Pitt