TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 21, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through December 21, 2021 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Will be by tomorrow

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. oscar emmy tony

12. barium

13. water, barley, hops, yeast

14. Duke of Edinburgh

15. Shoeless Joe Jackson

16. Having a space between the two front teeth. Bigdog has one.

17. 10%

18. you only live once

19. monarch butterfly in the order lepidoptera

20. Elaine

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.What three awards are considered the Triple Crown of acting? -yes Oscar,Emmy,Tony

12.What periodic table element is Ba? Barium -wtg LC and JJ

13.What are the four main ingredients in beer? -water, barley, yeast and hops

14.What title did Prince Philip receive just before he married Queen Elizabeth? -Duke of Edinburgh

15.What baseball player's 1911 photo sold for 1.4 million this past year? -Shoeless Joe Jackson -wtg LC -I would have guessed Babe Ruth who had his professional in a minor league in Toronto too

16.What does the dental term diastema refer to? a tooth gap-wig JJ -how lucky that hubby had it for this question
17.About how much of the human body is hydrogen by mass? 10% -wtg JJ

18.What does the acronym "YOLO" mean in internet slang?

19.What orange and black butterfly is in the same biological order as the gypsy moth? - yes monarch butterfly

20.Which of the 4 main characters on "Seinfeld" was considered the worst dancer? -yes Elaine

Thanks for playing -will do the next one now as it is a blizzard here my social event meeting has been cancelled

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good luck all on this blizzard Saturday -thanks Lance for coming by the last 2 days -I get my questions from our Sunday Toronto Star newspaper . I just remove the too Canadian questions

21.Waht is the date of France's Fete national holiday also called Bastille Day?

22.What term means the location on the surface of an earthquake's focus?

23.What are the two names for a baby coyotes ? We have them up north and seen in the city too.

24.What are the traditional and modern first anniversary gifts?

25.Who is actress and comedian Vera Mindy Chokalingam better known as ?

26.What kind of trees lose their leaves annually?

27.How many cards does each of four players get to start playing Go Fish ? I have not played it in about with 32 years with my niblings

28.What are the two names of a baby toad?

29.Tegucigalpa is the capital of what Central American country?

30.Are string beans and snow peas vegetables or fruits ?

Have a great weekend all and thanks for playing.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. Can't remember
22. Epicenter
23. Kits and pups. I have them in my neighborhood all the time. At the golf course across the street they sing all night long.
24. One might be paper
25. Mindy Kalin
26. Deciduous
27. Can't remember...10?
28. Toadlets
29. Honduras...I remember some years ago they had some sort of natural disaster
30. Fruits

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. July 14. After I transferred from Miami to Houston, I had to travel back to Miami to testify in a hearing. I stayed in a Hotel Sofitel, and there was a HUGE celebration of some sort that kept me awake until 3 am. I asked about it next day and found out it was Bastille Day, and the Sofitel was a French hotel. The day was July 14.

22. epicenter

23. kit and pup

24. paper and wood

25. dunno

26. deciduous

27. dunno, never played it - will guess 4

28. toadlet and tadpole

29. Honduras, never been there

30. They must be fruits, or why would they ask?

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
22. epicenter
23. kit and pup
24. i only know paper
27. 8?
28. i only know tadpole
30. fruit

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.Waht is the date of France's Fete national holiday also called Bastille Day? -yes July 14th -wtg JJ -I have been to that Sofitel if it is the one near the airport enrolee from Dallas to San Juan on a work trip

22.What term means the location on the surface of an earthquake's focus? -yes Epicentre -all knew it

23.What are the two names for a baby coyotes ? We have them up north and seen in the city too. All knew it was pup ;BUT no one knew whelp .

24.What are the traditional and modern first anniversary gifts? -paper& clocks -all knew paper only

25.Who is actress and comedian Vera Mindy Chokalingam better known as ?

26.What kind of trees lose their leaves annually? Deciduous -wtg JJ and OG

27.How many cards does each of four players get to start playing Go Fish ? I have not played it in about with 32 years with my niblings -5 cards

28.What are the two names of a baby toad? -tadpole and toddler -only JJ knew both

29.Tegucigalpa is the capital of what Central American country? -Honduras -wtg OG & JJ and it was about a rare place that JJ has not gone

30.Are string beans and snow peas vegetables or fruits ? -of course fruits -almost did not ask it

Thanks for playing . Next one will follow -some fresh from today's paper

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Just 6 days before Christmas -are we all ready ?
1. We have on our tv cable service a fireplace channel which added the crackle noise after it was first on . It is a similar fireplace to the one in Gracie Mansion , the home of which city's mayor? The original Yule Log was filmed there in 1966.

2.An employment did a survey found these group of people made the best Santa (I was a Santa once at a church)
a.retirees
b.college students
c.bartenders
d.social workers

3.What does IMHO mean in texting lingo?

4.In computer terminology what are 1,024 megabytes equal to?

5.What was the name of the Rolling Stones 'drummer who at aged 80 died on August 2021?

6.What is a mush melon or rock melon more commonly known as ?

7.What was the name of the sheep cloned in 1996?

8.If you are in Australia if you went to a "barbie" , what is it?

9.who is the Greek god of the north wind?

10.What waterfalls arte spectular and part of Zambezi River in Africa? I am sure JJ has been there -for me just on a virtual tour

Thanks for playing. Looks cold out there , I have not been out .Just to the garage to give my nephew , his gifts and my sister's and his brother's gifts.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
2. retirees?
3. in my humble opinion
4. gigabyte
5. charlie watts
6. cantaloupe?
7. dali
8. bbq
10. victoria falls?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

Just 6 days before Christmas -are we all ready ?
1. New York City

2. social workers

3. in my humble opinion

4. Kilobyte

5. dunno

6. canteloupe

7. Dolly

8.barbecue cookout

9. dunno

10. Victoria Falls, have never been there

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. NY
2. MEN
3. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
4. NO IDEA
5. HAVE ALREADY FORGOTTEN
6. CANTALOUPE
7. DOLLY
8. BARBEQUE
9. NO IDEA
10. VICTORIA FALLS}

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
OG Your presence is required in One Lie and One Truth

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1. We have on our tv cable service a fireplace channel which added the crackle noise after it was first on . It is a similar fireplace to the one in Gracie Mansion , the home of which city's mayor? The original Yule Log was filmed there in 1966. -yes NYC -wtg OG &J

2.An employment did a survey found these group of people made the best Santa (I was a Santa once at a church)
a.retirees
b.college students
c.bartenders
d.social workers
b.college students -surprise surprise -some of them OG could be men

3.What does IMHO mean in texting lingo? -yes In My Humble Opinion

4.In computer terminology what are 1,024 megabytes equal to? -one gigabyte -wtg LC

5.What was the name of the Rolling Stones 'drummer who at aged 80 died on August 2021? -Charlie Watts -wtg LC

6.What is a mush melon or rock melon more commonly known as ?
-yes cantaloupe

7.What was the name of the sheep cloned in 1996? -yes Dolly -wrg OG ,JJ and LC who spelled it wrong

8.If you are in Australia if you went to a "barbie" , what is it? -yes a barbecue or barbeque

9.who is the Greek god of the north wind? -Boreas

10.What waterfalls arte spectular and part of Zambezi River in Africa? I am sure JJ has been there -for me just on a virtual tour
-yes Victoria Falls -is it on your list to visit JJ?

Thanks for playing -will be back in 2 minutes for the next one

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Happy Monday -Christmas is almost here

11.What Shakespeare play includes the line"something wicked this way comes"?

12.What flying mammals make up about one fifth of all mammals?

13.Which state is home to the city of Sarasota?

14.What are you doing if you are "whining" about something?

15.Who played the TV character Ally McBeal?

16.What Canadian province is nicknamed Spud Island?

17.What NBA team won 6 championships in the 1990's with Michael Jordan?

18.What Gorgon monster figure mythology had snakes for her hair?

19.What is Moscow's Strastnaya or Pushkinskaya square better known as ?

20.Who did Bing Cosby do a duet of Little Drummer Boy who died in recent years?

Thanks for playing -Happy Monday . I wont post on Christmas day nor Boxing Day -maybe just a few on the 24th . Trying to add a Christmas one or two trivia questions each time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. McBeth
12. Bats
13. Florida
14. Feeling sorry for yourself and driving others nuts.
15. Calista Flockhart...Mrs. Indiana Jones
16. No idea
17. Chicago Bulls
18. Medusa
19. Red Square
20. David Bowie

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
12. bats
13. florida
14. complaining
15. calsita flockheart
16. nova scotia?
17. chicago bulls
18. medusa
19. red square?
20. david bowie

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.What Shakespeare play includes the line"something wicked this way comes"? -MacBeth -wtg Og

12.What flying mammals make up about one fifth of all mammals? -yes Bats

13.Which state is home to the city of Sarasota? -yes Florida

14.What are you doing if you are "whining" about something? -yes complaining

15.Who played the TV character Ally McBeal? -yes Calista Flockhart

16.What Canadian province is nicknamed Spud Island? -PEI -Prince Edward Island -Nova Scotia is not an island ;but does have some islands that make up the province

17.What NBA team won 6 championships in the 1990's with Michael Jordan? -yes Chicago Bulls -yes medusa

18.What Gorgon monster figure mythology had snakes for her hair?

19.What is Moscow's Strastnaya or Pushkinskaya square better known as ? -Pushkin Square

20.Who did Bing Cosby do a duet of Little Drummer Boy who died in recent years-David bowie

Thanks for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.What river goes from B.C. through 2 US states to the Pacfic?

22.What is Juliet's last name in Romeo and Juliet?

23.What is the severe coughing illness pertussis more commonly called?

24. On Friends what were the siblings' names?

25.What is the body part the umbilicus commonly known as?

26.Who had big hits with "Mandy" and "I Write the Song."

27.Can humans hear bats -true or false?

28.Who is the Greek goddess of the moon,animlas and hunting?

29.In England what does a "pram" mean?

30.What Dutch Master painted the "Girl with a Pearl Earring " in 1665?

Thanks for playing -hoping they have been hard enough

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
23. whooping cough
24. monica and ross (i am sorry to say I watched it enough to know this. I wasted too many hours of my life on this show)
25. belly button
26. barry manalow
27. true
28. artemus