TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 17, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through December 17, 2021 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. Tower of London

82. Anne Boleyn

83. frozen, says Bigdog

84. Beatrice

85. Banff, Alberta, Canada

86. white

87. yellow

88. Nazca lines; we have been there, seen tham

89. dunno

90. The Wiz

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

81. What is the Elizabeth Tower more commonly known as? Big Ben (WTG OG)

82. Henry VIII was buried with which of his wives? Jane Seymour

83. Before a game of ice hockey, the pucks are what: frozen, coated in salt, warmed or covered in oil? frozen

84. Who was the first queen to be shown on a postage stamp? Victoria

85. Where is Lake Louise? Canada

86. Wild garlic flowers are which color? white

87. Which color are the wheels on a John Deere tractor? yellow

88. What are the names of the geoglyphs or large designs produced on the ground located on the coastal plateau of Peru? Nazca Lines

89. GAP's Christmas ad for 2021 features which musician singing the Beatles song "All you need is love" while playing the guitar? Katy Perry

90. Which musical is based on a 1995 Gregory Maguire novel which is an alternative telling of The Wizard of Oz? Wicked

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. If you buy your bread at a grocery store, the color of the twist tie or plastic tab on the bag tells you something about the bread. What does it tell you?

92. Which U.S. state features the silhouette of a single bison prominently in the center of its state flag?

93. In 2000, Bell Atlantic merged with GTE to become what telecom giant, whose name is a made-up word that the company defines as “The Truth Lies Ahead”?

94. Who starred as Roger Thornhill in the film North by Northwest?

95. The name of the world's best-selling single-malt whisky also means "valley of the deer" in Scottish Gaelic - what is it?

96. In ancient Egypt, what part of their bodies did people shave as a sign of mourning when their cats died?

97. Which group sang "Oh, What a Night" about a "late December in 1963"?

98. 'Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents' is the opening line to which classic novel?

99. Which herb is regarded as "The King of Herbs"?

100. A table tennis table is exactly 5 feet wide; still in feet, how long is a table tennis table?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. When it was baked
92. Wyoming
93. Verizon
94. Cary Grant
95. No idea
96. Brows
97. Don't remember
98. No idea
99. Basil
100. No idea

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
91.its due date/expiry date
94.Cary Grant
95.Glenfiddich
97.Franki Vali & the 4 Seasons
99.Garlic?
100.20 feet?

Happy Monday all

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 13, 2021 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. date of baking

92. Wyoming

93. Verizon

94. Cary Grant, and I got it, and Bigdog confirmed. Yay!

95. It is one of the glens, either Livet or Fiddich, will go with Glenfiddich

96. eyebrows

97. Four Seasons, says Bigdog

98. Gift of the Magi by O. Henry.

99. basil

100. I have played a LOT of ping pong in my life, and I am trying to use my reach, which is VERY long to estimate, and I could almost reach the net. will go with NINE feet

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

91. If you buy your bread at a grocery store, the color of the twist tie or plastic tab on the bag tells you something about the bread. What does it tell you? day it was baked

92. Which U.S. state features the silhouette of a single bison prominently in the center of its state flag? Wyoming

93. In 2000, Bell Atlantic merged with GTE to become what telecom giant, whose name is a made-up word that the company defines as “The Truth Lies Ahead”? Verizon

94. Who starred as Roger Thornhill in the film North by Northwest? Cary Grant

95. The name of the world's best-selling single-malt whisky also means "valley of the deer" in Scottish Gaelic - what is it? Glenfiddich

96. In ancient Egypt, what part of their bodies did people shave as a sign of mourning when their cats died? eyebrows

97. Which group sang "Oh, What a Night" about a "late December in 1963"? The Four Seasons

98. 'Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents' is the opening line to which classic novel? Little Women

99. Which herb is regarded as "The King of Herbs"? basil

100. A table tennis table is exactly 5 feet wide; still in feet, how long is a table tennis table? 9 feet (WTG Juju)

Well my people, that is it for me until the 30th. We leave very early tomorrow morning. I am sure Dean will do a fantastic job as always in my absence. I hope you all have the most wonderful Christmas.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
HAVE A LOVELY VACAY, MAMIE.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Have a wonderful time, Mamie, as we know you will.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Have a great Luke Christmas.
I will start tomorrow am Dean

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
I hope you have a great vacation Mamie!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
}Here is the sub in -it will be somewhere between 6 to 10 per day depending on how busy I am .Today going to a 95th birthday party at an old castle. I have known Betty my whole 66 1/2 years . It should be fun!! I have done a Betty quiz -did it 5 years ago and updated it.

1.What jazz singer is also 95 and still sings?

2.Which great lake is the shallowest with maximum depth of 64 metres?

3.What is a fanciful collective name for a group of porcupines? Not a bunch of pricks

4.If in the UK -what is a "lift"?

5.How wide approximately is the eye of a hurricane?

6.What does "arrivederci" mean in Italian?

7.What river runs through the bottom of the Grand Canyon?

8.What currency would you use in Denmark?

9.What is the difference between stuffing and dressing ?

10.The 1st waterbed was developed by a doctor in what year? a.1832 b.1942 c.1902 d. 1882

(no looking back as I asked this recently and only Mame aka Granny Trivia guessed)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. Tony Bennett
2. No idea...Erie?
3. LOL
4. Elevator
5. 30 miles
6. So long, Alfwidersan, Tataa, Goodbye.
7. Colorado
8. Krone
9. Stuffing is in the turkey and dressing is on the salad. Argue with that.
10. No of those are the answer I found

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I wont argue with you ,OG. I should have put in regards to turkey -oh well. I will come by tomorrow -maybe in the am or in the afternoon after my flu shot.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
4. elevator
5. 20 miles?
6. goodbye
7. colorado
8. krone
9. stuffing is placed inside of the turkey, dressing is fixed as a separate dish

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.What jazz singer is also 95 and still sings? -Tony Bennett-wtg OG

2.Which great lake is the shallowest with maximum depth of 64 metres? -Erie -wtg OG

3.What is a fanciful collective name for a group of porcupines? Not a bunch of pricks-prickle

4.If in the UK -what is a "lift"? -elevator etc OG and LC

5.How wide approximately is the eye of a hurricane? 30 to 60 kms

6.What does "arrivederci" mean in Italian? -goodbye -wtg OG and LC

7.What river runs through the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
-Colorado -wtg OG and LC

8.What currency would you use in Denmark? -krone -wtg Og and LC

9.What is the difference between stuffing and dressing ? stuffing is in the bird and dressing cooked in a separate pan unless it is the bottle kind for salads -wtg LC and OG

10.The 1st waterbed was developed by a doctor in what year? a.1832 b.1942 c.1902 d. 1882 -1832 -can you believe how early

Sorry busy day with getting my flu shot etc

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Sorry I am late -busy day again tomorrow so I may not pop back in till Saturday

11.What three awards are considered the Triple Crown of acting?

12.What periodic table element is Ba?

13.What are the four main ingredients in beer?

14.What title did Prince Philip receive just before he married Queen Elizabeth?

15.What baseball player's 1911 photo sold for 1.4 million this past year?

16.What does the dental term diastema refer to?

17.About how much of the human body is hydrogen by mass?

18.What does the acronym "YOLO" mean in internet slang?

19.What orange and black butterfly is in the same biological order as the gypsy moth?

20.Which of the 4 main characters on "Seinfeld" was considered the worst dancer?

Good luck and I maybe back Friday afternoon between things or Saturday afternoon.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. Oscar,Emmy,Tony
12. Sheep
13. Water, hops, yeast, grains
14. Duke of Edinburgh
15. Now I know
16. No idea
17. Now I know
18. No idea
19. Monarch
2o. Elaine, she was a hoot. Take a look on Youtube.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
11. oscar, emmy, tony
12, barium
13. grain, hops, yeast, water
15. babe ruth? (that is a guess)
17. 15% (that is a guess. I do know we are 60% water, and a lot of other organic compounds contain hydrogen molecules)
18. you only live once
19. monarch
20. elaine