TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 30, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through November 30, 2021 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
21. Young rider
22. No idea...never saw it
23. No idea
24. Jingles Bells
25. The Right Stuff
26. Now I know
27. No idea
28. Broccoli...Love the stuff
29. Some kind of western...Big Valley?
30. I know that 'bombers' are jackets

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
23. ever ready (when I was young it was the only brand of batteries my parents would buy)
26. foot
28. broccoli
29. big valley
30. coat/jacket

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

21. best young rider

22. Brad (not sure if his last name was ever given; I have seen Rocky Horror Picture Show dozens of times before my 30th birthday, still have the vinyl album.)

23. Nine Lives

24. Good King Wenceslas

25. The Right Stuff

26. Must be feet. I constantly marvel that the human body can walk upright. It just doesn't seem like we ought to be able to do that.

27. cane sugar

28. dunno

29. Big Valley

30. A PARKER???? I suppose they mean parka, but coat

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
21.mountain rider
29.Big Valley

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 27, 2021 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday!

Answers:

21. What does the white jersey signify in cycling's Tour de France: best sprinter, best time trialist, best mountain rider or best young rider?
best young rider

22. What was the name of Tim Curry's character in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"? Frank N Furter

23. Which battery company has a logo of a cat jumping through the number 9? Eveready (WTG Lance)

24. Which song, composed in 1857, was supposed to be a Thanksgiving song but is now traditionally sung around Christmas time? Jingle Bells (WTG OG)

25. What 1979 Tom Wolfe book—which was made into a movie in 1983—tells the story of the first NASA astronauts to go into space? The Right Stuff

26. Twenty-five percent of the bones in the human body, including three cuneiform bones, a navicular bone, and a calcaneus bone, are located in what part of the body? foot

27. In Indian cooking, what ingredient is called “jaggery”? sugar (WTG Juju)

28. What vegetable contains more protein per calorie than steak? broccoli

29. Before joining the T.V. show, “Dynasty,” what T.V. series did Linda Evans star in? Big Valley

30. Parkers, trenches, bombers and peas are types of what winter outerwear? coats (Juju, I totally missed the parker/parka!)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 27, 2021 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

31. What do you call a female alligator? (And no, it's not ma'am)

32. Which name is NOT mentioned in Kenny Loggins' song "Footloose": Lucy, Jack, Louise or Marie?

33. What was the last song The Beatles performed live?

34. Which Roman emperor is associated with the phrase "fiddling while Rome burns"?

35. What Christian group banned Christmas in Boston from 1659 to 1681?

36. Which lady's hat popular in the 1920s gets its name from its shape, which is the French word for "bell"?

37. Two what, were spotted swimming in the waters of a Venetian canal in April?

38. Which simple kitchen tool, used since ancient times, is used to crush and grind ingredients into a fine powder or paste?

39. Whose fourth novel featuring Robert Langdon, is a mystery thriller called Inferno?

40. In the southern hemisphere, moss mostly grows on which side of trees - the north, south, west, or east side?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 27, 2021 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
31. Cow
32. No idea
33. Get Back
34. Nero
35. Puritans
36. Cloche
37. Dolphins...I saw that
38. Mortar and Pestle
39. No idea
40. South side away from the sun

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday! It's just you and me, OG.

Answers:

31. What do you call a female alligator? (And no, it's not ma'am) cow (WTG OG)

32. Which name is NOT mentioned in Kenny Loggins' song "Footloose": Lucy, Jack, Louise or Marie? Lucy

33. What was the last song The Beatles performed live? Get Back (WTG OG, we just started watching the documentary on all of this and it is fascinating!)

34. Which Roman emperor is associated with the phrase "fiddling while Rome burns"? Nero (WTG OG)

35. What Christian group banned Christmas in Boston from 1659 to 1681? Puritans (WTG OG)

36. Which lady's hat popular in the 1920s gets its name from its shape, which is the French word for "bell"? cloche hat (WTG OG)

37. Two what, were spotted swimming in the waters of a Venetian canal in April? dolphins (WTG OG)

38. Which simple kitchen tool, used since ancient times, is used to crush and grind ingredients into a fine powder or paste? mortar and pestle (WTG OG)

39. Whose fourth novel featuring Robert Langdon, is a mystery thriller called Inferno? Dan Brown

40. In the southern hemisphere, moss mostly grows on which side of trees - the north, south, west, or east side? north

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

41. One of the most effective and efficient forms of marketing is WOM, what does this acronym mean?

42. Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport is a national airport in which city?

43. Meghan is the second name of the Duchess of Sussex - what is her actual first name?

44. How many letter 'e' tiles are there in Scrabble?

45. Who starred opposite Jim Carrey in the 1994 comedy film Dumb and Dumber?

46. Andy Warhol claimed that 'everyone will be world-famous' for how many minutes?

47. How many yards are there in a mile?

48. The slowest fish in the world is the 'dwarf' what?

49. The silkworm eats the leaves of which tree?

50. Which university was Mark Zuckerberg attending when he launched Facebook?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
But in the southern hemisphere, moss most typically grows on — you guessed it — the south side of trees and other surfaces. That's because the north side is the shadiest side in the northern hemisphere and the south side is the shadiest side south of the equator.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41. No idea
42. Little Rock
43. Rachel
44. No idea...8?
45. Jeff Daniels
46. 15 minutes
47. I know how many feet but not yards
48. Seahorse but it's hard to remember it is a fish
49. Mullberry...when I was in China I went to a plant that unrolled the silkworm cocoons
50. Harvard says DD

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
42.Little Rock Ak
44.8?
46.10 minutes?
47.Sorry we are on the metric system here in Canada although I have no idea on how metres to a kilometre -maybe 48 yards to a mile
49.harvard ??
We had a lot of snow fall overnight and through the morning -big flakes were falling 2 hours when I was on the phone with my Aunt

Hope you all will be on the zoom call in 10 minutes

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:
41. word of mouth

42. Little Rock

43. Janet

44. 12

45. Jeff Daniels

46. 15

47. 1760

48. minnow

49. mulberry

50. Harvard, god forgive them all

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday!

Answers:

41. One of the most effective and efficient forms of marketing is WOM, what does this acronym mean? word of mouth (WTG Juju)

42. Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport is a national airport in which city? Little Rock

43. Meghan is the second name of the Duchess of Sussex - what is her actual first name? Rachel (WTG OG)

44. How many letter 'e' tiles are there in Scrabble? 12 (WTG Juju)

45. Who starred opposite Jim Carrey in the 1994 comedy film Dumb and Dumber? Jeff Daniels

46. Andy Warhol claimed that 'everyone will be world-famous' for how many minutes? 15

47. How many yards are there in a mile? 1760 (WTG Juju)

48. The slowest fish in the world is the 'dwarf' what? seahorse (WTG OG)

49. The silkworm eats the leaves of which tree? mulberry

50. Which university was Mark Zuckerberg attending when he launched Facebook? Harvard

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

51. April’s is Pink. June’s is Strawberry. November’s is Beaver, and December’s is Cold. What are they?

52. Food scientist William Mitchell invented Tang, quick-set Jell-O, Cool Whip, and what candy, which was featured in the first episode of “Mythbusters”?

53. There are only two rock quarries in the world—one in Wales, one in Scotland—that supply a water-resistant microgranite. This granite is used exclusively by practitioners of what sport?

54. How old is Lisa Simpson?

55. Which actress famously wore her hair in "space buns"?

56. Which Christmas song was originally known as "The Carol of the Drum"?

57. What candy was this slogan made for: "Isn't Life Juicy"?

58. What name is given to the traditional ceremonial head-dress of bishops?

59. Which zoo located within a borough of New York City, is the largest metropolitan zoo in the United States?

60. What name is given to any domestic cat that has a coat featuring distinctive dots, lines, stripes or swirling patterns, usually together with a mark resembling an 'M' on its forehead?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
51. Interesting
52. No idea...Gummies
53. Sounds like it might be Curling
54. No idea
55. Carrie Fisher
56. Little Drummer Boy?
57. Life Savers?
58. Mitre
59. Bronx Zoo, I watch it on Animal Planet
60. Tabby

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
52.Tang?
53.the only sport I can think of using a rock is curling
54.9 ?
55.Carrie Fisher
57.Juicyfruit gum?
59.Bronx Zoo
60.Tabby cat?

Happy Monday

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 29, 2021 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new ser:

51. no idea

52. Altoids, says Bigdog

53. curling, says Bigdog

54. 6, no idea

55. Carrie Fisher

56. Little Drummer Boy

57. Juicy Fruit, excellent jelly candy, but one had to be very careful of it if one wore braces.

58. mitre

59. I only know one famous NYC zoo, and it is the Bronx Zoo

60. tabby

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

51. April’s is Pink. June’s is Strawberry. November’s is Beaver, and December’s is Cold. What are they? full moons

52. Food scientist William Mitchell invented Tang, quick-set Jell-O, Cool Whip, and what candy, which was featured in the first episode of “Mythbusters”? Pop Rocks

53. There are only two rock quarries in the world—one in Wales, one in Scotland—that supply a water-resistant microgranite. This granite is used exclusively by practitioners of what sport? curling

54. How old is Lisa Simpson? 8

55. Which actress famously wore her hair in "space buns"? Carrie Fisher

56. Which Christmas song was originally known as "The Carol of the Drum"? The Little Drummer Boy

57. What candy was this slogan made for: "Isn't Life Juicy"? Starburst

58. What name is given to the traditional ceremonial head-dress of bishops? mitre

59. Which zoo located within a borough of New York City, is the largest metropolitan zoo in the United States? Bronx Zoo

60. What name is given to any domestic cat that has a coat featuring distinctive dots, lines, stripes or swirling patterns, usually together with a mark resembling an 'M' on its forehead? tabby

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 30, 2021 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

61. What is the most common two-letter ending among U.S. state names?

62. “It has a lovely body, with legs so short and thin. And when it gets all tired, it drops and I will win.” Per the little-known second verse of a popular song, what is it?

63. Decompression sickness is often experienced by scuba divers, and is also known by what name?

64. Though he spent much of his time in Sherwood Forest and nearby Nottingham, what small English village is generally believed to be the legendary birthplace of Robin Hood?

65. What color are the Gs in the Google logo?

66. In Bobby Darrin's song, "Splish Splash " which night was the singer taking a bath?

67. Which car manufacturer invented the three-point seatbelt?

68. Which animal was part of the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans logo?

69. Which soft drink was marketed with the line “What’s the worst that could happen?”

70. In order to prevent a Boggle player from playing a particular swear word, which two letters appear only once, on the same cube, thus meaning that word cannot ever be played?