TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through November 26, 2021 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 22, 2021 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

81. Dunno, but maybe Notre Dame

82. piccolo

83. fish

84. 15

85. synapse

86. llama

87. dunno

88. Bundy

89. 10

90. Dead Heads

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Monday, November 22, 2021 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
81. notre dame?
82. picillo
84. 30
85. synapse
88. bundy
90. dead heads

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday! Love it, Juju! It really is quite tasty. Dean, he is doing okay. It has been a tougher recovery this hernia surgery and now they think he has a hematoma that has to be drained if it doesn't heal in the next two weeks. Good times.

Answers:

81. What college's athletes are sometimes called the "Golden Domers"? Notre Dame

82. Which is the smallest member of the flute family? piccolo

83. What forms the base of a puttanesca sauce? anchovies (WTG Juju)

84. How many years of marriage are celebrated in a pearl anniversary? 30 (WTG Lance)

85. The junction where two nerve cells meet is called a what? synapse

86. Which South American native animal is an evolution of a camel? alpaca

87. In which Christmas movie does Buddy travel from the North Pole to New York to find his father Walter Hobbs? Elf (WTG OG)

88. What was the name of the rather dysfunctional family in Married With Children? Bundy

89. How many total provinces exist in Canada? 10

90. The Grateful Dead’s highly-devoted fanbase is known as what? Deadheads

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. The shortest total time in office for any U.S. president who did not die in office was 895 days. Who served that term?

92. Mules are the offspring of a donkey and a horse. Which parent has to be female?

93. Orange juice concentrate was invented during World War II to help soldiers avoid scurvy. The first company to sell it commercially was the Florida Foods Corporation, who adopted what brand name in order to convince consumers that it was easy to prepare?

94. A 'black and tan' is a mixture of Bass Ale and what other beer?

95. If a dish is served pomontier, what does it contain?

96. What was the Tuxedo named after?

97. What color costume did Jeannie’s sister wear in “I Dream of Jeannie”?

98. In H.G. Wells’s The Time Machine, does the character first travel forward or backward in time?

99. How many heads of executive departments make up the president's cabinet - 10, 15, or 25?

100. What is the name of the rap Artist who has won four Grammy Awards as well as receiving nominations for five Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
91. Harrison
92. Horse
93. Minute Maid
94. No idea
95. I thought it was going to be apples
96. Now I know
97. Green
98. Forward
99. 15?
100. Don't know rap

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
90.Johnson
92.Donkey
93.Minute Maid
95.apples?
97.blue ?
98.backward?
99.15?
100.LL J Cool?

Sorry about hubby. No fun!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Gerald Ford.

92. horse

93. Minute Maid

94. Guinness

95. Well, in French a pomme de terre is a potato (literally underground apple), so it contains potatoes

96. a couch

97. pink, more cerise than pink

98. forward

99. 10

100. Eminem

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

91. The shortest total time in office for any U.S. president who did not die in office was 895 days. Who served that term? Gerald Ford (WTG Juju)

92. Mules are the offspring of a donkey and a horse. Which parent has to be female? the horse

93. Orange juice concentrate was invented during World War II to help soldiers avoid scurvy. The first company to sell it commercially was the Florida Foods Corporation, who adopted what brand name in order to convince consumers that it was easy to prepare? Minute Maid

94. A 'black and tan' is a mixture of Bass Ale and what other beer? Guinness (WTG Juju)

95. If a dish is served pomontier, what does it contain? potatoes (WTG Juju)

96. What was the Tuxedo named after? Tuxedo Park, New York

97. What color costume did Jeannie’s sister wear in “I Dream of Jeannie”? green (WTG OG)

98. In H.G. Wells’s The Time Machine, does the character first travel forward or backward in time? forward

99. How many heads of executive departments make up the president's cabinet - 10, 15, or 25? 15

100. What is the name of the rap Artist who has won four Grammy Awards as well as receiving nominations for five Golden Globe Awards and two Academy Awards? Will Smith (I thought for sure the acting awards would give it away)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. What was the last name of the man who founded the American Institute of Public Opinion in 1935?

2. What company manufactured the 1932 Model 18 Roadster?

3. The space probe Juno went to which planet in 2016?

4. What color is a bay horse?

5. What cheese is used in modern tiramisu?

6. Where on a horse would you find a blaze?

7. What was the name of Tim “The Toolman” Taylor’s handyman show from Home Improvement?

8. Who first proposed the concept of contact lenses?

9. Tom Corbett (Glenn Ford) is a widower in 1963's "The Courtship of Eddie's Father". Eddie tries to help his father find a new wife. Who played young Eddie?

10. In which country was SodaStream invented?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
2.Ford?
3.Mars?
4.white?
5.marscapone ?
10.USA??

Happy Thanksgiving to all the US trivia buffs

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 24, 2021 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. Gallup
2. Ford
3. Jupiter
4. Reddish Brown
5. Marscopone...years ago Princess made the best tiramisu in the world, but no longer. Right Juju?
6. Face
7. Tool Time
8. DiVinci
9. Cute little Ronnie Howard
10. US?
}}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Thanksgiving Thursday!

Answers:

1. What was the last name of the man who founded the American Institute of Public Opinion in 1935? Gallup (WTG OG)

2. What company manufactured the 1932 Model 18 Roadster? Ford

3. The space probe Juno went to which planet in 2016? Jupiter (WTG OG)

4. What color is a bay horse? reddish brown (WTG OG)

5. What cheese is used in modern tiramisu? marscapone

6. Where on a horse would you find a blaze? face (WTG OG)

7. What was the name of Tim “The Toolman” Taylor’s handyman show from Home Improvement? Tool Time (WTG OG)

8. Who first proposed the concept of contact lenses? DaVinci (WTG OG)

9. Tom Corbett (Glenn Ford) is a widower in 1963's "The Courtship of Eddie's Father". Eddie tries to help his father find a new wife. Who played young Eddie? Ron Howard (WTG OG and he was just the cutest!)

10. In which country was SodaStream invented? UK

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I recall the TV show The Courtship of eddie's Father and it was not with who you describe so I guess there was a movie too.

Happy Thanksgiving to the trivia queens in the USA

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. Chilaquiles is a dish from which country's cuisine?

12. What actor played Tony Stark?

13. In which country is the world's oldest surviving bowling green located?

14. Traditional macarons are which flavor?

15. Not always the 12th month, on the Roman calendar, what month was December?

16. According to Rotten Tomatoes, what is the no.1 Christmas movie of all time?

17. How many types of cocoa beans are there – 2, 4 or 6?

18. What has a nucleus, a coma, a dust tail and an ion tail?

19. Which insects were the first living creatures to be sent to space?

20. Beautiful is a musical featuring whose music?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Dean. It is just Kelly and I but we will eat our fill. Baked my pumpkin pie last night. (Might be my breakfast) I have lost 20 pounds so I am going to try and be good today, if not, the treadmill calls me tomorrow.

You should watch the old Courtship movie. I tend to watch it whenever I see it's on. Ron Howard was the cutest. I have his new book but haven't gotten to it yet. I loved the old tv show too. I loved Bill Bixby.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.Brazil?
12.Robert Downey Jr
13.Scotland?
14.coconut
15.11th?
16.It is a Wonderful Life?
17.4?
19.Bees?
20.saw it and loved it as it has Carol King's music -went with a friend an ex entertainment reporter -both of us loved it!! Then we went and heard her son the grunge music player

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. I guess somewhere Spanish
12. Don't know who that is
13. England
14. Coconut
15. No idea
16. It's A Wonderful Life...Teacher said every time a bell rings a fairy gets its wings.
17. 6?
18. Comet
19. Fruit flies
20. No idea

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, November 25, 2021 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Good for you in losing weight Granny trivia -lost in about 18 months about 40 lbs -had lost more ;but pumpkin pie slice even with low calorie whipped cream is my downfall too.
Hope you two feasted well -you both deserve it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday!

Answers:

11. Chilaquiles is a dish from which country's cuisine? Mexico

12. What actor played Tony Stark? Robert Downey Jr. (WTG Dean) (OG, he is Iron Man)

13. In which country is the world's oldest surviving bowling green located? England (WTG OG)

14. Traditional macarons are which flavor? almond

15. Not always the 12th month, on the Roman calendar, what month was December? 10th

16. According to Rotten Tomatoes, what is the no.1 Christmas movie of all time? It's a Wonderful Life

17. How many types of cocoa beans are there – 2, 4 or 6? 2

18. What has a nucleus, a coma, a dust tail and an ion tail? comet (WTG OG)

19. Which insects were the first living creatures to be sent to space? fruit flies (WTG OG)

20. Beautiful is a musical featuring whose music? Carole King (WTG Dean, Tapestry was the album of my youth. I still have it but it is very well worn)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 26, 2021 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. What does the white jersey signify in cycling's Tour de France: best sprinter, best time trialist, best mountain rider or best young rider?

22. What was the name of Tim Curry's character in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"?

23. Which battery company has a logo of a cat jumping through the number 9?

24. Which song, composed in 1857, was supposed to be a Thanksgiving song but is now traditionally sung around Christmas time?

25. What 1979 Tom Wolfe book—which was made into a movie in 1983—tells the story of the first NASA astronauts to go into space?

26. Twenty-five percent of the bones in the human body, including three cuneiform bones, a navicular bone, and a calcaneus bone, are located in what part of the body?

27. In Indian cooking, what ingredient is called “jaggery”?

28. What vegetable contains more protein per calorie than steak?

29. Before joining the T.V. show, “Dynasty,” what T.V. series did Linda Evans star in?

30. Parkers, trenches, bombers and peas are types of what winter outerwear?