TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through October 27, 2021 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Sunday! Dean, I am sure any chest pain would make you very nervous. I am so glad it wasn't anything serious.

Answers:

81. What 1944 thriller, in which Ingrid Bergman plays a woman menaced by her scheming husband, gave us a modern term for a type of psychological abuse? Gaslight

82. What dog breed provides at least 70 percent of all guide dogs for the blind? Labradors

83. What 1888 poem is set in the town of Mudville? Casey at the Bat

84. For the last fifteen years before it was abandoned, the chateau known as the Petit Trianon was used as a refuge by what famous woman? Marie Antoinette

85. What wine is named for one of the largest cities in Iran, though the modern version is mostly exported from Australia? Shiraz (WTG Juju)

86. In what sport, which dates back to 1930s Chicago, does one "jammer" on each team wear a star on his or her helmet? roller derby (Did I ever tell you that I wanted to skate in the derby when I was young?)

87. Where do the seeds that chefs call "pepitas" come from? pumpkin

88. What nickname does radio DJ Barry Hansen use for the novelty music show he's been broadcasting or streaming weekly since 1970? Dr. Demento

89. What is the world's largest family-owned liquor company, headquartered in Bermuda since leaving Cuba in the 1960s? Bacardi

90. What is usually added to the water when cooking pasta? salt (WTG Juju, many will argue about the oil but any Italian chef will tell you never to add oil, only salt.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

91. Who portrayed Moses in the 1956 movie "The Ten Commandments"?

92. Who wrote the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are"?

93. Which is the most southerly of the islands in the West Indies?

94. What is the second most populous city in France?

95. Which company marketed the first transistor radio?

96. What is Gulliver's profession in "Gulliver's Travels"?

97. Who played the role of Clarice Starling in the movie "Hannibal"?

98. Which beef dish was named after a Russian nobleman?

99. The employee benefit known as a Perk, derives from which longer word?

100. How many members made up the original Village People?

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Mary yes it was a huge relief!! Thank you!1So what would your bomber -roller derby queen name be -Moxie Mary? Been to Bermuda 3 times -never seen Barcardi plant there -saw the plant in Puetro Rico and had a sample of their new lemon rum product.
91.Heston?
93.Curacao?
97.Jodie Foster
100.5?

Happy Sunday all

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

91. Charlton Heston
92. Sendak
93. Trinadad and Tobago
94. Marselle sp
95. Motorola?
96. Now I know
97. No idea
98. Strogonoff
99. Perquisite
100. 7
}

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Dean, I have no idea what my derby name would be but I like Moxie Mary. When we were young, we went to my grandparents every Saturday night to watch the Los Angeles T-birds. My grandma, who was usually just so sweet and quiet, got a big kick out of watching people bashing each other around. LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

90. What is usually added to the water when cooking pasta? salt (WTG Juju, many will argue about the oil but any Italian chef will tell you never to add oil, only salt)

Minus the Italian chef part, that is exactly what Bigdog (who is the cook in our family) said, after I posted, read the other answers, and told him somebody else here said it was oil.

It is a great source of humor in my family that I won the Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year award during high school and had never cooked anything in my entire life up to then and pretty much continuing thereafter.

Mamie, I am sure you would have been a wonderful Roller Betty.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

91. Charlton Heston

92. dunno, no children

93. Jamaica

94. Marseilles

95. dunno, Sony, but that is probably not right.

96. sailor

97. Jody Foster

98. stroganoff

99. perquisite

100. 6

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday! We survived the downpours! I have not seen rain all day and heavy all day in years. And I shall forever call you Juju homemaker now.

Answers:

91. Who portrayed Moses in the 1956 movie "The Ten Commandments"? Charlton Heston

92. Who wrote the children's book "Where the Wild Things Are"? Maurice Sendak (WTG OG)

93. Which is the most southerly of the islands in the West Indies? Trinidad (WTG OG)

94. What is the second most populous city in France? Marseille

95. Which company marketed the first transistor radio? Sony (WTG Juju)

96. What is Gulliver's profession in "Gulliver's Travels"? surgeon

97. Who played the role of Clarice Starling in the movie "Hannibal"? Julianne Moore

98. Which beef dish was named after a Russian nobleman? Beef Stroganoff

99. The employee benefit known as a Perk, derives from which longer word? perquisite

100. How many members made up the original Village People? 6 (WTG Juju)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

1. In 'To Kill a Mockingbird,' what nickname does the town use for the reclusive Arthur Radley?

2. A style of nightgown takes its name from what 1956 Elia Kazan movie, about a naïve Mississippi child bride?

3. What city was once home to the NFL's Arizona Cardinals and the Los Angeles Rams?

4. In 1962, what company tried out its first meatless option, a grilled slice of pineapple with cheese called a "hula burger"?

5. What 1990s sitcom moved from a Minnesota State locker room to the fictional Orlando Breakers of the NFL in its final two seasons?

6. The Indian lehenga and the Polynesian lavalava are both types of what article of clothing?

7. Stonehenge sits just eight miles outside what English city, on its namesake plain?

8. What TV series’ title character, played by Zachary Levi, was a member of the "Nerd Herd" tech squad for the Buy More retail chain?

9. In Archie comics, which character is the daughter of a woman named, believe it or not, Alice Cooper?

10. In 1757, Prussia became the first European nation to allow the "no-fault" form of what?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. Boo
2. Now I know
3. St. Louis
4. McDonalds
5. Coach
6. Sarong
7. Salisbury
8. No idea
9. Veronica?
10. Divorce

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
3.St Louis
4.Burger King?
an ex MCDonalds location not too far from herre is becoming a Burger King -lol
5.Coach?
8.it just is not coming to me -grr
9.Betty?
10.Divorce ?

Happy Monday Moxie Mary

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Mamie, that would more properly be called: Juju, Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 25, 2021 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. Boo

2. No idea, but there are Babydoll pajamas

3. dunno

4. Well, McDonalds was an infant in 1962, so maybe Steak and Shake!

5. no idea

6. sarong

7. Salisbury

8. What TV series’ title character, played by Zachary Levi, was a member of the "Nerd Herd" tech squad for the Buy More retail chain?

9. Jughead

10. insurance

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Answers:

1. In 'To Kill a Mockingbird,' what nickname does the town use for the reclusive Arthur Radley? Boo

2. A style of nightgown takes its name from what 1956 Elia Kazan movie, about a naïve Mississippi child bride? Baby Doll (WTG Juju, Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year)

3. What city was once home to the NFL's Arizona Cardinals and the Los Angeles Rams? St. Louis

4. In 1962, what company tried out its first meatless option, a grilled slice of pineapple with cheese called a "hula burger"? McDonald's (WTG OG)

5. What 1990s sitcom moved from a Minnesota State locker room to the fictional Orlando Breakers of the NFL in its final two seasons? Coach

6. The Indian lehenga and the Polynesian lavalava are both types of what article of clothing? skirt

7. Stonehenge sits just eight miles outside what English city, on its namesake plain? Salisbury

8. What TV series’ title character, played by Zachary Levi, was a member of the "Nerd Herd" tech squad for the Buy More retail chain? Chuck

9. In Archie comics, which character is the daughter of a woman named, believe it or not, Alice Cooper? Betty (WTG Dean)

10. In 1757, Prussia became the first European nation to allow the "no-fault" form of what? divorce

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

11. “Grand Prix” is a French term. “Grand” means “grand” in English. What does “Prix” mean?

12. The 1937 play “Parfumerie” is about a pair of co-workers who despise one another, only to accidentally fall in love when they begin to exchange anonymous letters. It was made into a movie in 1940 under the title “The Shop Around the Corner.” What 1998 rom-com reimagined it for the digital age?

13. If you have completed a series of tests in order to become certified as a “cicerone,” what subject have you been studying up on?

14. The unlike poles of two magnets produce a force of attraction. What's the name for the opposite force, produced by two like magnetic poles?

15. What’s the name of Laura and Mary Ingalls' baby sister in 'Little House in the Big Woods' and its sequels?

16. Over 90 percent of the vocabulary of Afrikaans is derived from which European language?

17. How can you tell the difference between a monkey and an ape?

18. What is the capital of Belgium?

19. Which modern day country was known as Gaul during the Roman Empire?

20. In 2018, 12 boys and their football coach were rescued after two weeks in a flooded cave situated in which country?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
11. Race?
12. Sleepless In Seattle?
13. No idea
14. Repulsion
15. Carrie
16. Dutch
17. Monkeys have tails and apes don't
18. Brussels
19. France
20. Thailand

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
11.price
13.Cider?
16.Dutch
17.their size apes normally bit a larger and no tail
18.Brussels?
20.Thailand

Happy Tuesday -just finished making my 2022 calendar as Christmas gifts

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

11. prize

12. dunno

13. dunno

14. repulsion

15. dunno

16. Dutch

17. Monkeys have tails. Apes do not.

18. Brussels

19. France

20. Thailand

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Answers:

11. “Grand Prix” is a French term. “Grand” means “grand” in English. What does “Prix” mean? prize (WTG Juju)

12. The 1937 play “Parfumerie” is about a pair of co-workers who despise one another, only to accidentally fall in love when they begin to exchange anonymous letters. It was made into a movie in 1940 under the title “The Shop Around the Corner.” What 1998 rom-com reimagined it for the digital age? You've Got Mail

13. If you have completed a series of tests in order to become certified as a “cicerone,” what subject have you been studying up on? beer

14. The unlike poles of two magnets produce a force of attraction. What's the name for the opposite force, produced by two like magnetic poles? repulsion

15. What’s the name of Laura and Mary Ingalls' baby sister in 'Little House in the Big Woods' and its sequels? Carrie (WTG OG)

16. Over 90 percent of the vocabulary of Afrikaans is derived from which European language? Dutch

17. How can you tell the difference between a monkey and an ape? monkeys have tails

18. What is the capital of Belgium? Brussels

19. Which modern day country was known as Gaul during the Roman Empire? France

20. In 2018, 12 boys and their football coach were rescued after two weeks in a flooded cave situated in which country? Thailand

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 27, 2021 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
New set and good luck!

21. Though not the capital, Rangoon is the largest city in which Southeast Asia country?

22. Joseph Conrad's novel Heart of Darkness features a narrated voyage up which African river?

23. If you were to leave Gibraltar for the port of Tangier, in which country would you arrive?

24. Jodie Foster plays Tallulah in which 1976 gangster musical comedy film?

25. Complete the name of this famous Brazilian statue: 'Christ the ...'?

26. What brand promises that it’s your choice when you, quote, “care enough to send the very best?”

27. What style of hat, later associated with Tom Landry, was named after an 1882 play starring Sarah Bernhardt, who wore one during the show?

28. Which body part is made up of myofibrils?

29. Which type of tea is used worldwide as a sleep aid and promotes calmness and muscle relaxation?

30. Where is the only digital Rolex watch in the world?