TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through August 02, 2021 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

31. 24...and bless her heart
32. Tailbone
33. Probably China
34. No idea
35. Black
36. Dynasty
37. Gambling?
38. Bagels
39. Guantanamo Bay...American territory
40. Hot dog?
}}

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
31. How old is Simone Biles? 24

32. Coxalgia is the name given to which joint?

33. The airport with the longest, publicly-used, paved runway is in what country? China

34. Patrick Swayze and Tom Cruise co-starred in what film? The Outsiders - all star cast of unknowns at the time...

35. Official taxis in London are usually what color?
black

36. In which 1970's tv show did actor John Forsythe star as 'Blake Carrington'? Dynasty

37. An iPhone app from Runpee.com advises users on the best time to go to the restroom while doing what? watching TV

38. Which pastry product boils the dough first?

39. Where on Cuba would you find the island’s only McDonalds? Guantanamo Bay

40. Which now ubiquitous food was pioneered by German immigrant Anton Feuchtwanger in the early 1900s in the Midwest? Frankfurter (hot dog)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Friday! It was so great to finally be able to hug my sister yesterday. I am going to enjoy our family time. See you all Sunday afternoon!

Answers:

31. How old is Simone Biles? 24 (so true, OG)

32. Coxalgia is the name given to which joint? hip

33. The airport with the longest, publicly-used, paved runway is in what country? China

34. Patrick Swayze and Tom Cruise co-starred in what film? The Outsiders (WTG Lb)

35. Official taxis in London are usually what color? black

36. In which 1970's tv show did actor John Forsythe star as 'Blake Carrington'? Dynasty

37. An iPhone app from Runpee.com advises users on the best time to go to the restroom while doing what? watching a movie (Close enough Lb, WTG)

38. Which pastry product boils the dough first? bagels (WTG OG)

39. Where on Cuba would you find the island’s only McDonalds? Guantanamo Bay

40. Which now ubiquitous food was pioneered by German immigrant Anton Feuchtwanger in the early 1900s in the Midwest? hot dog

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ok will be by in 2 hours with 6 questions while Granny Trivia has a sister time.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
41. Here I am with 6 today and 6 tomorrow
Who was the roman god of sea?

42.What show's main characters were agents Fox Muldr and Dana Scully?

43.What country is landlocked and surrounded by South Africa?

44.Who is Charlie' Brown's best friend in the comic strip and on the TV specials?

45.What is the fanciful collective name for a group of caterpillars?

46.What mountain range is the longest ?

Have a good (long one herre with Monday being a holiday) weekend -will be by again Saturday afternoon.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
41, Poseidon
42. The X-Files
43. Soweto
44. Linus
45. No idea
46. Andes

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

41. Poseidon

42. X-Files

43. Soweto

44. Linus

45. a wiggle of caterpillars

46. Andes

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
41. Here I am with 6 today and 6 tomorrow
Who was the roman god of sea? -Neptune

42.What show's main characters were agents Fox Muldr and Dana Scully? =The X Files -wtg both of you

43.What country is landlocked and surrounded by South Africa? -Lethos

44.Who is Charlie' Brown's best friend in the comic strip and on the TV specials? -Linus -wtg both of you

45.What is the fanciful collective name for a group of caterpillars? -an army

46.What mountain range is the longest ? -Andes -wtg both of you -=watcched a PBS special called Magical Andes -a good show

Will do another set now

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Happy Saturday

47..What is the United Nations Children's Fund better known as?

48.What is the top number of a fraction known as?

49.When texting what does ATM lingo mean -nothing to do with banking?

50.What cooking term means to tie meat or poultry with string?

51. What was the one punishment for rule breaking athletes at the ancient Olympics?

52.What science domain includes fungi, protists, plants and animals?

53.Approximately how much of an apple is made of air?

54.What fish are also known as silver darlings and silver of the sea?

55.On the final episode of Seinfeld where did the four main characters end up ?

Good luck and thanks for playing and allowing the sub to fill in. I know more than 6 today . Will reveal hopefully in am. Hope they are tough enough for you top trivia ladies!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
guesses for new set:

47. UNICEF

48. numerator

49. At the monent

50. truss

51. being thrown to the lions

52. botany

53. 50%

54. herring

55. Central Perk coffee shop

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

47. UNICEF
48. Numerator
49. At the movies?
50. Truss
51. Death?
52. Looked it up and have never heard of it.
53. 50%
54. No idea
55. In jail ?
}
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
47..What is the United Nations Children's Fund better known as? -yes UNICEF -wtg both of you

48.What is the top number of a fraction known as? -numerator wtg both

49.When texting what does ATM lingo mean -nothing to do with banking? -at the moment -wtg Juju

50.What cooking term means to tie meat or poultry with string? -yes trussing -wtg both of you

51. What was the one punishment for rule breaking athletes at the ancient Olympics? -flogging

52.What science domain includes fungi, protists, plants and animals? -domain Eukarya -never heard of it either

53.Approximately how much of an apple is made of air? -25 percent

54.What fish are also known as silver darlings and silver of the sea? -herring -wtg Juju

55.On the final episode of Seinfeld where did the four main characters end up ? -yew OG -in Jail -not at friends' cafe -wtg Og

I thought Granny trivia was to be back today -I will do a few to keep it going

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
56.How many stories is Dubai's Burj Khaalifa , the world's tallest building? Have you been there Juju?

57.What is Buckingham Palace's code if the Queen Elizabeth has died?

58.What central America country as English as its official language?

59.How do the French say immediately or at once or right now?

60.what African island has its capital as Antananarivo as its capital and I used to book a mining company there?

Good luck and Happy Sunday

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
56. No idea but it's a tall sucker
57. I've read it before but have forgotten
58. Now I know
59. Don't know the spelling...toot sweet
60. Now I know

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Since Dean already posted a set, I will be here in the morning with a new one. I will try my hand at these.

56. a lot

57. I think it is like London Bridge is Falling or something like that.

58. Belize

59. toot suite but I don't think it's spelled right

60. Madagascar

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ty Granny trivia for playing.
Hope the weekend was good.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

56. Yes, I have been there. We were within two hours of the world's tallest building, and the ship had half price excursions and one of them was going to Dubai. There was not a chance in the world I would NOT go up in the world's tallest building. I think it was 132 floors, but the highest they would let the tourists go was 122 floors. They have crafted the top floors so that the top can be taken off and more height easily added just in case anybody in the world tries to go higher. It was quite a view from up there.

57.Palace flag at half mast

58. Belize, have not yet been there.

59. When Bigdog and I went to Paris in 2015, I suddenly started speaking mostly French after a couple days, and was teaching him some phrases. I saw the word maintenant up on a billboard, and I taught Bigdog how to say it, explaining it simply means "now." So later that day, we are trying to eat dinner at a mostly empty cafe, and the waiter is asking us in French when we want the reservation, when we actually wanted to eat right them. And Bigdog pipes up with maintenant, and the waiter understood him and hurried us to a table, LOL. That said, I think there is a French phrase that contains more urgency than just "now." And it is tout de suite. So I will go with tout de suite.

60. Madagascar, have not been there and probably should go before climate change kills all of their unique plants and animals, or as we say in Trivial Pursuit, their Eukarya.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
56.How many stories is Dubai's Burj Khaalifa , the world's tallest building? Have you been there Juju? -I knew you had been there Juju .163 stories -can you imagine? Near us there was a condo for sale on the 75th floor -thanks ;but no thanks. Yes another tall sucker OG!!

57.What is Buckingham Palace's code if the Queen Elizabeth has died? London Bridge is Down -close enough for a wtg Granny Trivia

58.What central America country as English as its official language? -Belize -gee thee is a place you have not been to Juju and wtg to you and Granny Trivia

59.How do the French say immediately or at once or right now? -tout suite -love the spellings wtg all

60.what African island has its capital as Antananarivo as its capital and I used to book a mining company there? -Madagascar -wtg Granny Trivia and Juju . It was a pain to get people and its own airline , I was told by one exec never to book again it as it took a month for her back to recover.

Thanks for playing . It feels like a cool breeze on this holiday Monday. Not all provinces have it as a holiday .

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Monday! Thanks for stepping in again, Dean. We had a wonderful weekend, as some of you know from the Facebook pics.

New set and good luck!

61. A molecule of water contains how many atoms of oxygen?

62. The music festival Lollapalooza is based in which US city?

63. Which symbol is associated with the zodiac sign Sagittarius?

64. What is the principal ingredient of sangria?

65. Jack Donaghy is a character in which TV comedy series?

66. Complete the phrase: To rob Peter to pay ... ?

67. In 1830, who founded The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?

68. Napoleon died on which island?

69. Sculptures of which creature adorn the roof of the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris?

70. Who starred in Stanley Kubrick's film "Spartacus"?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
61. one
62. No idea
63. Archer
64. Wine
65. No idea
66. Paul
67. Brigham Young
68. St. Helena
69. Gargoyles
70. Kirk Douglas...No, I'm Spartacus!