TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
NEW GAME

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: NEW GAME users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LET'S TRY SOMETHING GOOFY WE'VE DONE. DON'T FOLLOW THE ALPHABET AND JUST ONE ITEM AT A TIME SO WE CAN MAKE THE GAME LAST LONGER. I HAVE SOME LULUS. THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I once got my canisters mixed up and sweetened my strawberries with salt. Yuck!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I once apologized to a counter after I bumped into it. I was a wee bit tipsy. Lol

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I once fried a stewing hen. Talk about your rubber chicken. It was the first time I had my parents over for dinner. Needless to say it was a fiasco.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
This happened years ago. I was quite aggravated because I couldn't find my readers. I was searching the house high & low when I realized I was wearing them... and not on the top of my head. I was wearing them on my face where they belonged.

These days I have multiple pairs, every room, my car, my purse, a few at work.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I once over microwaved scallops and they were mini hard balls flatten a bit.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I once nuked my mom's slippers because I forgot to put only the removable inserts into the microwave!

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I wore two different brands of shoes, the same color but noticeably different. Didn't notice until I got home form running errands. I never dress in the dark anymore.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Let me preface this by saying I really don't cook. I don't enjoy it at all. As a matter of fact, I hate cooking.

My niece was hosting Christmas dinner this particular year. Of course I wanted to contribute something to the dinner. I had purchased 2 frozen Mrs. Smith's pies, frozen but you still had to cook them. How hard could that be, right?

Now it's Christmas morning. I preheat the oven as per the directions on the box. Oven heats to temperature and I put the frozen pies in the oven... all good, done. I set the timer & go about my business.

In a while I smelled something burning, went into the kitchen & smoke was coming out of the oven. I open the oven door to see 2 huge jet black lumps in pie plates.

You know how when you set the oven to preheat both the bottom coils AND the top broiler coils come on? Well, I hadn't taken the oven off of preheat so the 2 pies broiled to death under the broiler coils.

There went my contribution to Christmas dinner.

It's pretty bad when you can't even cook a premade, frozen pie.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LOL. LB!

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Smiling at OG. It was a scramble on the way to her house on Christmas day trying to find a store that was open so I could buy something, anything, to bring.

All I could find open was a tiny convenience store and they had next to nothing. I could've brought a carton of cigarettes or lottery tickets but that didn't seem fitting somehow.

I ended up with 2 half gallons of ice cream, hoping someone at the dinner would've brought something that went with ice cream.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I roasted the giblets inside the turkey the first time I cooked turkey. I was 17 and mom was sick in bed & she didn't tell me when I washed the turkey to thoroughly rinse the inside. I found the neck so I thought that was all there was. LOL
The turkey turned out good...lots of relatives complimented me so the giblets were kept a secret.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OMG I had the best laugh at myself today...
So DH and I took my MIL out to lunch. I asked when MIL's birthday is, and hubby replied June 32. I snickered and retorted, "Honey, there aren't 32 days in June!" He looked at me like I was bonkers, trying not to laugh, as it slowly dawned on me that he OBVIOUSLY meant June 1932. I am still embarrassed about that. (But it gives me the giggles thinking about it.)

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Wf -a friend came to the rescue of another friend who left the wrapper on the turkey and it was smoking. The Turkey hotline lady had a call once asking why the skin was red and blue -again the caller had not removed the wrapper. Make you feel better WF?

My first attempt at baking/making a pie. I got the ingredients and used pie crust mix in a box. Somehow the pastry went from the bottom and floated to the top. Pecan pie number one and only time .

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
LOL Dean. My first apple pie was my last like your first pecan pie, but mine stuck to the pan so badly I had to throw away the pie pan. Pies are not my favorite thing to make.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I was connecting at Houston airport (IAH) and asked as we were late for then trolley to take us there. They had had arrived at a different gate than I was told and the driver you mean that one across the aisle ? It was annoyingly funny at the time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I once used my tubed deodorant as toothpaste. I never spit out anything so fast.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I put tequila in a cake instead of rum. It was too late to bake another so I served it anyway. I don't think anyone even noticed.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
I once saw this bucket of I thought was a huge amount of honey -I washed my mouth with bulk bought shampoo. Yuck and again like WF spat it out quickly

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I was waiting for a friend to pick me up in front of a store so when a shiny black Jeep pulls up I open the door to get in and it wasn't my friend. I said sorry and quickly shut the door. LOL So embarrassing.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
A friend had something similar , a mutual friend was coming by to pick him up and when he started in the person freaked out a bit and he apologized . So WF you are NOTY alone on this.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
BFF and I set a lunch date to meet at our usual place. We both went to different restaurants. Duh!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Every time O made to meet my friend ag an eatery starting with M , she went to another M eatrry neatby

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
A few years ago I went to visit my mother-in-law who was recovering from hip surgery in a rehab hospital. I took her to the TV room and a few minutes later began rummaging in my purse for my cellphone. I began to really panic and took everything out of my purse as I searched frantically. Although she was seated next to me, MIL barely noticed my chaotic behavior because she was absorbed chatting away merrily on my cellphone which I had cheerfully lent her, moments before!

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ha ha !!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: