TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Games: Trivial Pursuit: Archive through July 20, 2019 users admin

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
new quiz -answers not till Tuesday
Good luck
1.What is a fanciful collective name for a group of gnats?

2.Where did Babe Ruth hit his first home run semi professionally ?

3.what kind of surface is the French Open played on?

4.What is Saint Joseph Wort also known as?

5.What movie in 2018 won the Oscar for Best Animated film?

6.Which US state is also called the Lone Star state?

7.What is the visible part of a person's ear called?

8.Khwaii Leonard signed with which team recently after helping the Raptors win the NBA championship?

9.Which planet has the strongest gravity?

10.What country is home to the Angkor Was Temple?

Good luck ladies ands I will be back Tuesday and last quiz on Wednesday with answers on Thursday. Have they been changeling enough?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oui, Deano.

1. Annoyance
2. In a baseball park
3. Clay
4. No idea
5. No idea
6. Texas
7. Outer ear
8. No idea
9. No idea
10. Cambodia

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It's Buenos Días, just for future reference. Día is an exception to the rule of of Spanish nouns ending in "a" being feminine and nouns ending in "o" being masculine. It is el día and not la día, and therefore it takes a masculine adjective.

That's wild about the lake, Dean.

Also don't think your #2 is correct. I could not have been more surprised at your answer, so I looked it up - fear of drafts is anemophobia; fear of air travel is aerophobia or aviophobia. I will continue answering heights for acrophobia.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ok Juju -I just read the trivia answers from the quiz re fear of air travel and I thrown out that quiz . Yes re the lake I was on Manitoulian island as a kid when we came back from Sudbury to come to our place up north. My Mom went to take the ferry one time got to the diock after 20 minute drive from the highway and it had become too windy for the ferry to operate so she and her brother had to go the long way around

OG -love you nbr 2 answer -which park -hmm

Surgery went well -just a tiny bit of a problem with my vertigo -held onto my pant waist
I will post tomorrow -not wearing glasses after always all my life practically except to read the fine print , just a bit tired though I did sleep for a couple of hours this afternoon

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 15, 2019 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dean, you may see like an eagle tomorrow. My vision two years post-cataract surgery could be more fine-tuned with glasses, but it is still a thrill not to have to wear them all the time. I do now need reading glasses for very fine print or for doing much reading, but I have not yet been tempted to go get glasses.

The most striking thing to me was seeing the color of things that I know to be white and that afterward were really bright white. When I had one eye done, and one eye left to go, I kept sneaking looks out of the undone eye and comparing the difference. Bigdog did not experience it to near the same degree as me.

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Ty Juju -it was 2nd op -had my left eye done 5 weeks ago and yesterday my right eye -other than fine print I can read without glasses -yeah !! I wore glasses almost my whole life
I went for my op left healed great-right a bit swollen ;but it is just the next day and slight pressure -so 4 drops 1 to 4 weeks -2 to 4 times a day

You have not guessed yet , should ˆ wait a few hours for you

Thanks for your advice

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
Juju I have 20/10 vision . I see you did not come back -so I will proceed. Maybe you thought you had or forgot to hit send.

}1.What is a fanciful collective name for a group of gnats? -a cloud of gnats -yes annoying too OG

2.Where did Babe Ruth hit his first home run semi professionally ? Toronto

3.what kind of surface is the French Open played on? clay -wtg OG

4.What is Saint Joseph Wort also known as? basil

5.What movie in 2018 won the Oscar for Best Animated film? -Coco

6.Which US state is also called the Lone Star state? -Texas -wtg OG

7.What is the visible part of a person's ear called? auricle -good try OG

8.Khwaii Leonard signed with which team recently after helping the Raptors win the NBA championship? -LA Clippers

9.Which planet has the strongest gravity? -Jupiter

10.What country is home to the Angkor Was Temple? -Cambodia0-wtg OG

will post next -TY Og for playing

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Whats the world's 2nd most spoken language?

2.Who is George Alan O'Dowd better known as?

3.What language has the words for yes and no as ja and neon?

4.On the Chinese Zodiac calendar 2019 is the year of what?

5.Monrovia is the capital of what African nation?

6.If March comes in like a lion, what does it go out as?

7.What land animal can run 113kms per hour ?

8.In 2019 what did film director Alfonso Cuaron win for best director?

9.What country completely surrounds the sovereign state of San Marino?

10.Is it illegal to chew gum in Singapore ? yes or no

Good luck and I will be by tomorrow late afternoon or evening to reveal . Thanks for playing

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Guesses for new set:

1. Spanish, but guessing English could be close behind it

2. Boy George

3. We have learned yes and no in many languages during our travels; these two do not ring a bell; I will go with Swedish

4. rabbit

5. Liberia

6. lamb

7. cheetah

8. Black Panther

9. Italy

10. no, but it is illegal to spit it out onto the street. Also I think the importation of gum is severely restricted.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
1. Spanish

2. Boy George

3. Guessing Swedish

6. A lamb

10. Yes

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
LATER

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. Spanish
2. Boy George
3. No idea
4. Pig
5. Liberia (Remember, Juju, when almost all cruise ships were registered in Monrovia?)
6. Lamb
7. Cheetah (Although, we don't do kms down here)
8. He won an Oscar
9. I looked it up and still don't understand the question
10. It used to be, I don't know about now
}

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Whats the world's 2nd most spoken language? Spanish

2.Who is George Alan O'Dowd better known as? Boy George

3.What language has the words for yes and no as ja and neon? -sorry my error a typo neon -German -so sorry -I know you all would have gotten it right -auto correct dam it!!

4.On the Chinese Zodiac calendar 2019 is the year of what? PIG -WTG OG -ram or sheep or goat I am-what are you?

5.Monrovia is the capital of what African nation? Liberia -yes I remember all or most cruise ships were registered in Liberia

6.If March comes in like a lion, what does it go out as? Lamb

7.What land animal can run 113kms per hour ? Cheetah -well almost the rest of the world does kms , OG

8.In 2019 what did film director Alfonso Cuaron win for best director? Roma

9.What country completely surrounds the sovereign state of San Marino? -Italy -wtg MS World traveler Juju

10.Is it illegal to chew gum in Singapore ? yes or no -yes -when I was there about 15 or so years ago , you could not see it for sale except at the airport

I will post my last one with answers tomorrow and then Mary is back soon

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Who was actress.singer Doris Kappelhoff better known as ?

2.Why is New Guinea's hooded pitohui bird dangerous?

3.Name the two airport codes if flying into Washington Dc?

4.Which is older the Aztec or Mayan civilization?

5.What does the symbol "PU" stand for on the periodic table of elements?

6.What is glossophobia, a fear of ?

7.The Maldives Islands are in what ocean? I assume Juju you have been there

8.In San Diego where was Some Like It Hot partly filmed?

9.What in ballet is a complete turn on one foot called ?

10,How many bytes are in a terabyte?

Thanks for allowing me to sub. Were they harder or easier than what Mary presents to you?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Liberia (Remember, Juju, when almost all cruise ships were registered in Monrovia?)

Yes. Has that now changed? I haven't noticed, and I used to know the reason why, but don't know what changed, IF it has changed.

May not have time to play tonight, so don't wait on me.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Why Do Ships Register In Liberia?
(FORTUNE Magazine)
By Reed Tucker
June 11, 2001
(FORTUNE Magazine) – We're fine with wearing clothes made in China, drinking wine from Chile, and watching movies shot in Toronto. But one piece of international cross-pollination baffles us. Why are so many cruise ships registered in Liberia?

Look closely at the fine print on any cruise brochure, and you're likely to find mention of Liberia, located on the northwest coast of Africa. Ships register overseas to save boatloads of money on labor, says one cruise official, speaking on the condition of anonymity. For a ship to fly the Stars and Stripes it must be owned and crewed by Americans, making it subject to U.S. labor laws, including the minimum wage. American ships also must hire from costly labor unions.

So why Liberia specifically? Because the Liberian ship registry--set up by U.S. shippers after World War II--is cheaper than nearly any other in the world, says Mohamedu Jones, a Liberian and U.S. maritime lawyer. Liberia, founded by freed American slaves, has always enjoyed a close trading relationship with the U.S.

Today its merchant marine is one of the world's largest. Liberia's ensign rivals even Panama's among so-called flags of convenience. Goodness knows, that's the most American of virtues.

--Reed Tucker

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
1. Doris Day
2. I know this: It's bite is poisonous
3. No idea, Mr. Travel Agent
4. Mayan
5. A really stinky element
6. I know 'gloss' has something to do with the mouth, so I'm going to guess speaking in public.
7. Indian
8. Hotel Del Coronado. Years ago I spent a week there at a convention.
9. I suppose 'a spin' is too simple
10. 1,000

Deanofwords

09-13-2005

Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Deanofwords a private message Print Post    
1.Who was actress.singer Doris Kappelhoff better known as ?
-Doris Day -wtg OG

2.Why is New Guinea's hooded pitohui bird dangerous? yes poisonous -wtg OG

3.Name the two airport codes if flying into Washington Dc? _DCA for the National one and IAD for Dulles

4.Which is older the Aztec or Mayan civilization? _mayan -wtg OG

5.What does the symbol "PU" stand for on the periodic table of elements? plutonium -not sure how stinky

6.What is glossophobia, a fear of ? yes public speaking -wtg OG

7.The Maldives Islands are in what ocean? I assume Juju you have been there -Indiian Ocean-wtg OG

8.In San Diego where was Some Like It Hot partly filmed? -yes Hotel Del Coronado -wtg OG -when 1st built had outhouses -no bathrooms in the rooms

9.What in ballet is a complete turn on one foot called ? pirouette

10,How many bytes are in a terabyte? one trillion

Thanks for letting me sub -sorry Juju could not wait as I must pack -hard when with humiddex it will be about 110 of /43 oc on the wedding day

Granny Trivia will be back soon and I will still keep saving from the Sunday star newspaper

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Good morning and happy Saturday! I am back, my peeps. Did you miss me? We had such a wonderful time and got back just in time to miss a huge thunderstorm that hit Tampa. We were stuck on the tarmac for a bit in Atlanta because of lightning but we made it home, safe and sound. Thanks so much to Dean who stepped up, yet again, and even though he was having eye surgery! You are the best.

New set and good luck!

1. What is the Nordic dish of raw salmon, cured in salt, sugar, and dill?

2. What name is given to the line of latitude that currently lies 23° 26′ 16″ south of the Equator?

3. In 1785, Blanchard and Jeffries became the first to cross the English channel in what type of craft?

4. What is the name of the strait that separates Greenland and Nunavut, Canada?

5. Who wrote the bestselling erotic romance trilogy Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed?

6. Portrayed by Paul Rudd in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, who is the alter ego of Scott Lang?

7. The first DeLorean rolled off the production line; Pope John Paul II was shot and nearly killed; and NASA put the Space Shuttle into orbit for the first time. What year was it?

8. What is an explosive event caused by the rapid re-introduction of oxygen to an oxygen-starved fire?

9. In telecommunications, what does the 'G' stand for in 4G and 5G?

10. Portrayed by Richard Anderson, what is the name of Lee Majors' and Jaime Sommers' boss in the 1970s Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman TV series?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Welcome back, Mamie. Dean did you proud.

1. No idea
2. Tropic of Cancer
3. Balloon
4. No idea
5. No idea and don't want to know
6. No idea
7. In the '70s, best I can do
8. Backdraft
9. No idea
10. No idea