TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge - Rivals: Archive through July 28, 2011 users admin

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying watching Kenny and Wes work together. I hope MTV gets them together for another show. I crack up at how uncomfortable Wes looks and how he'll clam up while Kenny is talking lol

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I can't stand Wes. I have never been a CT fan, but Wes was totally baiting him and then going and whining about how CT was yelling at him for 2 hours. He threw CT's mattress over the balcony, I'd have yelled at his jerky behind, too. I wish CT would just not rise to their bait.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I think Adam hurts CT worse by talking to the other players about how he wishes he wasn't his partner. I like Wes and was glad he kept his cool. CT is no better than Wes as far as baiting people.

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
I agree nerovh, wes baits the bear then is upset cuz CT takes the bait and loses his temper on him.

next week, Evan never ever throw a challenge! going to bite him in the a$$

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, July 08, 2011 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I totally agree. Never throw a challenge!

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Dang it! I was so hoping that Wes and Kenny would leave tonight. I'm sick of Wes and his "I'm better than everyone at everything" crap. If he's so good, why is he constantly trying to make sure that he and Kenny go up against teams he considers the weaker ones? Why is he leaving it up to Evan and Nehemiah to try to go against CT instead of doing it himself? He's such a jerk.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I so agree and I love the way Kenny is blaming his bad game on being partners with Wes. He fell out of the hammock all by himself and was slower going up the rope. Oh I so wanted them two to leave tonight. I wish CT would have asked Wes why he didn't go in against them tonight. Wes is just a big mouth.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I think Adam hurts CT worse by talking to the other players about how he wishes he wasn't his partner

WHAT?! CT has intimidated and physically beat up Adam on EVERY show they have been on together since their initial Real World Season in Paris. Is Adam supposed to be happy to have CT as his partner, lol?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I really was wishing Wes and Kenny were out of there too. I'm not a big one for conspiracy theories, but I really had the thought that Brandon just quit when he lost that second round. Phooey.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Yeah Karuuna once Brandon slipped he knew he would never catch Wes.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I've never been a fan of CT, but if Adam wants to win any money this go round, he'd better watch out for his so-called "buddies" and at least make an effort to keep his team together. The guys don't like CT and want him gone, but if they weren't scared to death to face him head on in a challenge, Adam would be out of there just as fast as any other guy who isn't named Evan, Johnny, or Kenny. Those guys are NOT his friends any more than CT is, but at least CT may win him some money instead of trying to take it away from him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I actually like CT. The "jerk" squad are afraid that they can't win in the end if CT is still there. The "legend in his own mind", Wes knows that CT is the only man there that could physically beat him in challenges. I do not care for Johnny in any way. Kenny is being humbled by being outshown by Wes in the challenges & this is good to see as far as Kenny goes, but it is just boosting an already exploding ego for Wes. I think Evan is being stupid for offering himself up on a plate to be "the one" that takes out CT. What is Evan thinking? None of the other "jerk squad" are willing to do this! Evan has looked more buff in prev. challenge shows & obviously didn't prepair the same for this one because he looks a bit fluffy to me - you know, fluffy as in someone that used to work out & developed muscle tone & then quit working out & that muscle tone is turning to flab! I agree that Adam needs to get on board with CT if he wants to win any money. Everyone is paired with someone they've had negative relations with in the past, so get over it. Umh...huh....CT has 2 chicks wanting him. He IS the most attactive guy there! I think the other guys are jealous of this female attention that CT gets as well.

I just remember that one challenge show several seasons ago when CT had on that red bikini.....& he did a little dance....oh my, so hot!

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I believe that on this show, they only get paid if they are in the top 3. I don't know how it will work with this pairing - maybe the top 3 pairs but the money has never been worthy of this level of competition. I really think most of them do it to keep themselves relevant (stretching out their 15 minutes of fame) Most of them earn a living with personal appearances - either speaking at college campuses or drinking in bars. (I read that even Gary from 16 & pregnant got like $20,000 for a one night personal appearance in a bar) The bigger their personality the more they can get paid. This allows them to be available year after year for the challenges.

I would imagine that Evan is thinking that if he doesn't get CT out now, there is no reason to hang out til the end. As you've mentioned, Evan looks out of shape also, at least the duels are only an hour or so long - the final one is an all day affair. The challenges are grueling enough but the final challenge is nearly impossible & barely worth 2nd place monies - especially if you've got to split it with a partner.

CT's a good looking guy & he seemed so caring of Diem & I think he was with her through cancer treatments. Most of these guys just use females, I never got the sense that CT was like that but I would fear for anyone around him when he's angry.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Don't they get to keep the money they are accumulating if they win a challenge?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Karuuna, I'm pretty sure they get to keep anything they win along the way.

Do they get any kind of stepead (sorry about the spelling)? You know, like on alot of other reality shows they get so much $$ for each wk they survive on the show (Survivor & BB are a cpl of shows that do this). It's no where near what they win if they win the show though.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I should clarify. I've never been a fan of CT's before THIS show. I've always been afraid of his temper and what he might do to somebody else. This time around, he's one of the few males that's actually bearable. He said that he was trying to change after his brother's shooting, and so far, he seems to be making a real effort. I'm liking what I've seen of him this go round, and I may well become a fan of his if he can keep his cool.

I believe the winners (male and female) of this show each get $100,000, but it was unclear if that was to each person, or to each team. Second place gets $50k and third goes home with nothing. I don't know about a stipend, but I personally feel like they must be getting something for being there all that time, or they wouldn't keep competing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In all the previous competitions, they won money along the way, and whatever they won *individually* they got to take, whenever they got elimninated.

Of course, there's a much bigger pot at the end, but a few have won a $1000 here and there so far.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I don't care much for Jasmine and Jonna, BUT--it was really, really hilarious to see the looks on Wes' and Sarah's faces when Jonna and Jasmine won that challenge. Sarah seems to have gotten just as cocky as Lauren about her own abilities. First blaming Katelynn because SARAH fell out of the boat and left Katelynn to flounder alone in it while she swam to the finish line instead of going back to the boat, then that crap about telling everybody how confident she was that she could beat Jonna. I used to like Sarah, but she acted like an idiot on last night's show.

And just how is Wes running the house? If his partner wasn't Kenny, everybody would be just as hot to get rid of him as they are to dump CT. Wes isn't "running" anything but his mouth. It was priceless to see him when he realized that the team he was "punishing" was coming back to the game.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Nerovh -- completely agree with you about Wes. He got a free pass this season because he's teamed with Kenny. Can't stand either of them.

Wow, Evan -- bad, bad move. I always thought of Evan as one of the more sensible guys in the group but purposely throwing the challenge to put himself in against CT was just stupid. Glad he apologized to Neimiah in his parting interview.

I realize many people don't like CT but I've always had a soft spot for him. Love how well he's working with Adam, and glad they managed to pull out a win against Evan and Neimiah. I've got my money on CT and Adam for the win.

Mandy... what a psycho!

Still have mad love for Mike, but can't for the life of me see what he sees in Paula.

This has been one of the more enjoyable challenges. I think the structure for elimination is more fair than some of the other seasons. More of a contest of strength and skill than popularity and numbers.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Nehemiah last night. He expressed to Evan that he didn't want to throw the challenge, that should have been enough to make Evan back out of the "plan" with his buddies. Nehemiah didn't owe those other guys anything, and it was so wrong of Evan to throw away his partner's game so foolishly. I like Evan for the most part, but he is never at his best when he, Johnny, and Kenny are together.

Mandi looked completely nuts on the show last night. She has been throwing herself at CT so blatantly that it's been embarrassing to watch. He never seemed to be pursuing her, so I don't really see how she has a lot of room to complain about him now. It's amazing how CT seems to be the more reasonable, likable player this season. I'm really rooting for him to win and shut these other guys up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for Nehemiah too. But Evan certainly got what he deserved. Just play for real, none of those throwing challenges stuff - too easy for it to backfire. And Evelyn warned them it was a bad idea.

I thought Mandi was drunk when she was ranting on and on about CT.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    

I was just going to say that. I have done my share of drunk dialing exes so I won't even Judge her for how she acted. She was definitely a lil' drunky!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I like Evan for the most part, but he is never at his best when he, Johnny, and Kenny are together.

I completely agree Nerovh!

Have to say though, it's been kind of amusing to hear everyone calling Evan "fat" this season. Yes, he's bulked up a bit but he's not "fat." Strikes me as pretty funny and must be a bit humbling for him.

Also interesting to see Kenny performing so poorly this season. As much as I dislike him, the fact is he's usually a force to be reckoned with in terms of competition. Kenny needed a good dose of humble pie!!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    

I agree with that also, but... I don't think she was drunk a few episodes back when she was trying to entice him to choke her and slap her around during sex. Mandy is a dangerous girl. Glad CT realizes that!

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I think the "fat" comments about Evan are because he used to be all lean muscle, and now he has stopped working out so much, but the muscle weight has turned to excess weight instead. It was painfully obvious in the jungle challenge that he didn't have the strength that he used to, but he still had the weight. His weight worked against him big-time on that one.