TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 25, 2011 users admin

Marameko

07-15-2002

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
What is up with Vicki's boyfriend's ears ? Seems like he and Slade are cut from the same cloth.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
This divorce has hurt Don but I'm guessing it's also going to leave Don alot happier in the future and wow no kidding about the karma and Vicki I can't say it doesn't make me snicker a teeny bit

Northstar

09-29-2008

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
Having lived through a spouse's midlife crisis, I can smell em like a bloodhound. Trust me, Don will be much happier in the future and in time, Vicky will find those 'Woohoo"s much less fulfilling. Not a fun experience for anyone, but there is light at the end of most tunnels.

Re: Jim's hair...LOL, someone really should say something to him.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Reality Tea has an article about Vicki and Brooks relationship his exgirlfriend states that Vicki's been seeing Brooks for years.

http://www.realitytea.com/2011/06/18/vicki-gunvalson-defends-boyfriend-brooks-ayers-has-been-involved-with-him-for-years/

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The most interesting part of that story to me was that Mr Ayers was flirting with Vicki on the Cabo trip this season. So she and Tamra probably went down to Cabo and Vicki hooked up with him then, too. She's every bit as bad as Gretchen--and that's saying a lot.

BTW, if Vicki is going to be photographed braless--well, don't be photographed braless.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Just goes to show ya......people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Sure looks damaging to Vicki and with her daughter Brianna who's always been such a wonderful daughter being at odds with Vicki right now. I'm hoping this means the kids are giving Don the emotional support he needs. It makes me like Bri more. I wish she had her own show but that kid doesn't seem to be fame seeking enough.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Jenna is in Tamras' marriage.

Tamra's in Gretchens' relationship.

Peggy's in Alexa's marriage.

Alexa's marriage is dependant but works for them right now.

Vicki likes few people into the OC crowd and needs constant assurance.

Eddie did an awful lot of schmoozing to a lot of women at Vicki's party.

You would think that they would stay out of each others relationships since they are not living with the person.

I agree that Brianna seems to have her head firmly planted despite the chaos.

And I guess that none of these women see themselves after filming.

Just think....Everyone is a liar according to Tamra.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Csnog - that is one of my biggest problems with Tamra (that and the whole "mean girl" thing she's got going on). Everyone is a liar except for Tamra.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize that the man in the pool when they were in Cabo, the one Tamra said looked like Donn, was Vicki's "now" boyfriend, Brooks.

Talk about things that make you go hmmm....

Rhondalee

05-10-2011

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rhondalee a private message Print Post    
I know Gretchen has acted bad but when it comes to Tamra I dont blame her. Tamra is a thug in a cocktail dress. hahaha sorry had to borrow that saying.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Lexie, the bf is also in insurance & they've known each other for years, they didn't just meet in Cabo (if indeed that is him, which it sure looks like it).

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Hahaha.... I love that one Rondalee! "A thug in a coctail dress," really fits. As they say,if the dress fits, wear it! LOL

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh....I didn't tape the lost footage episode this week, but it's on right now and Lynne is chewing Gretchen out for stealing her purse design idea. Supposedly, Lynne introduced Gretchen to her peeps in design she worked with because Gretchen needed purses for something (benefit?) Gretchen then proceeds to become a 'designer' and used these people. Lynne didn't even know about it until they contacted her months later. She told Gretchen she was no designer and she (Lynne) had been doing it for years and felt Gretchen stole her purse design idea.

Whoah! I always wondered how this came about for Gretchen.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The way I heard Lynn describe it the first time around is that these 2 guys came to her wanting to use her name for a purse line. She turned them down because she wanted to do purses on her own. They then apparently hooked up with Gretchen. After discussing all this with Tamra, Tamra clears Lynn's brain long enough to convince her that Gretchen stole everything from her. The fact that their purses look nothing alike or that Lynn did not want to do purses with these guys doesn't seem to factor into the current 'story' that Tamra helped Lynn with.

That's what I got out of the show.

Bevdan

05-09-2011

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bevdan a private message Print Post    
Same thing that I got Kappy. She did not want to work with them. I quess her and Tamara think she is the only one who can do purses. Just another way for Tamara to be snarky to Gretchen. She needs to worry about herself as much as she does Gretchen she is starting to look as ugly on the outside as she is inside.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I got the same message.

Lynn didn't want to persue the purses and the men wanted someone to.

Lynn could still do it if she wanted, so whats the big deal.

As Gretchen said...There's many designers in bags, shoes whatever and real estate agents such as Tamra.

If Lynn is better at it than Gretchen she will sell more but she's also into bracelets, jewelry and now bedding.

Lynns' sob story about supporting her family leaves me wondering what her husband and grown daughter are doing about finances.

Gretchen stole nothing from Lynn.

Least of all designs.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, everyone for the updates. I never saw that part before and was surprised. I've never seen Lynne go after anyone before.

However, in a way then, Gretchen was introduced to the idea of her current career by Lynne and her work contacts. I was always curious how she just started all of a sudden 'designing' purses.

Do these women actually design these purses or just put their name on manufactured purses? As Gretchen stated, she's not a 'drawer' lol so how could she design purses if she can't draw the design?

Csnog

07-18-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
The hand bag industry had this to say

The Gretchen Christine Collection by Lust4Luxe features stylish leather handbags with modern hardware and on-trend colors.

They're also practical, with a compartmentalized area for storing cosmetics hidden underneath an interior flap.

The original run of bags sold out in just four days when they appeared exclusively on Shop NBC.

Gretchen has expanded and now includes a full line of makeup, including concealer, eye shadow, foundation....http://www.gretchenchristine.com/index.php

Lynn had a minor problem but changed it.

Cuff Luv is the trademarked name of a accessories line.

Ms. Curtin illegally used this name for her bracelets and the company made several attempts to contact her to cease the usage of the trademark.

Cuff Luv is still in business and in fact just recently appeared on QVC.

She changed the name to HER name.

In addition to cuffs, Lynne also offers earrings, necklaces, handbags and bedding.

http://www.lynnecurtin.com

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I really like Lynne's bedding designs.

And people introduce people in their network to others all of the time. If Lynne didn't have an exclusivity contract with the handbag guys (she didn't even want to work with them) then they can work with whomever they wish and it worked well for Gretchen. We can all see that she draws her own designs on napkins like most of us who do design work.

Lynne looked immature, silly and insecure to me in that whole episode. She should just stand behind her own work and make her own way. The bedding is affordable and beautiful.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It really doesn't take much to be considered a "designer", does it?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I had to LOL that all of a sudden Lynn and Tamra are such great friends that they sit around and have a glass of wine. Really? Did Lynn forget how much Tamra used to trash Lynn?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thank you Csnog...great info.

Kappy, I guess it doesn't take much. To me (and I could be wrong) it sounds like "Lust4Luxe" is the actually designer/purse maker and they've just put Gretchen's name on their product?

Re the makeup, isn't Gretchen's former partner suing her for Gretchen/Slade taking the business out from under her? (I am not picking on Gretchen...I just thought I read that.) I feel bad for the gal because I remember when she and Gretchen started it. I'm not sure whose idea it was.

Re the last few episodes...it's sad to see how this show has deteriorated.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 4:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cricket, I think you are correct that Gretchen's business partner is suing her over make-up line.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Cricket it is sad. I used to love this show and I'm seeing a similiarity between OC and Atlanta, another show I used to love, NeNe and Vicki both leaving what appeared to us viewers as good men. Greg's phone call being taped aside. But with OC I loved seeing how the other side lives but this season I'm seeing that they are all barely holding themselves together either financially or emotionally. I wonder if all those that have divorced would have done so without the show. It's become depressing and I need to laugh. It's why I miss Jeanna's snarks and why I semi forgive Tamara and I like Gretchen, they make me laugh :-)