TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through January 26, 2012 users admin

Callasin

06-21-2005

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I read someplace that Reign Dance Company was owned my Abby Lee's mother. I'm not sure if the mother has retired or passed away.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
The websites for both names (Reingn & ALDC) say, formerly the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio (that's her mother's name), and have identical information. That studio just seems to have two names for some reason.
Her mom is still alive, she took the girls to see her mom in one episode...

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Just tripped over this show tonight. Dah hell? The little girls are very talented (and crazy muscular). Their parents are nutz.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Costumes are uncalled for and inappropriate. Seriously. What looks to be a six year old in a bra and tutu?

Beangirl

07-06-2011

Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beangirl a private message Print Post    
I hope this show come back next year. My daughter and I are hooked. They remind us of a few families in her dance group!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they said they will be back at the end of the last ep I watched

Sammi

03-31-2008

Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I caught a few of episodes of this show and did see the finals. I know she is a witch with the mothers but I do think she is really great with the kids. I like the way she took them to the park and took Chloe off alone to talk to her about what her mother said that she didnd't want to dance anymore. The way these nutty mothers act I truly don't blame her for loosing her temper and going off on them. They are NUTS.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Finally got to see the season finale...
It was pretty obvious that Chloe was going to get the lead when they said they were looking for someone to play a young version of that singer. Chloe looks like she could actually be her little sister. It wouldn't even surprise me if this LUX girl isn't so much an up and coming music star as she was just a singer/actress who was cast for this episode. It was a pretty tidy wrap up after portraying Chloe as the underdog all season.. I'm such a skeptic!
Glad that the show will return for a 2nd season, but kind of wish they'd tweak it and maybe rename it Dance Studio instead of Dance Moms and show less competitions and more of the day to day goings on in the entire studio.. That's where most of the real drama happens in a dance studio!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am going to watch this for the first time simply out of curiosity about Abby. Does anyone know her qualifications to teach dance ?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
This show makes me soooooo thankful for our dance studio. All of the adults are atrocious, the moms and Abby.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
"Why do we keep bringing our kids here"? Because you want to be on television! The moms and and Abby are awful! If those girls turn out to be kids with good self-esteem, I'll be shocked.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
there was some horrible editing in the episode last night. when the mom's were in the viewing room. there were people in there with them... then in another shot they were gone... then in another shot you could see KIDS in there and the mom's are running their mouths as if no one else could hear them.

this show is like crack. i caught a marathon of the first season a couple weeks ago and now i'm hooked.
and i thought toddlers and tiaras was bad.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Lol Dawn. It's so true about being addicted to this show. Abby is something else, but the mothers of the girls are just down right crazy lol

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Seriously, Candy Apple lady must be scripted, no one could be so foolish.
If Brooke is 13, this must be her last year on this show as she will be too old for the group numbers next year.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Kathy had such a good dance team . Abby seemed geniue at how good they were and worried they may win

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I'm starting to think that this show is more along the lines of Gene Simon's family jewels, not so much a reality show as it is, unscripted, but story lined..
There are several aspects of this dance studio that just don't ring true. For one thing, if Abby Lee's studio is such a superior studio she must have hundreds of students between the ages of 7 and 13 that she could pick from to be in this competitive group, why would she hold auditions to choose a student trained at another studio? Also, dance competitions have entry deadlines, you have to register months in advance, there's no way you can just decide on a Monday that you'll be entering 2 or 3 solo dancers on the following weekend..

Dawn

07-24-2009

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i dunno how these girls learn new routines every single week. i was in dance for TEN YEARS and it took us all year (or however long our 'season' was) to learn THREE routines (jazz, tap and ballet) lol

Dawn

07-24-2009

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
kathy's group tonight looked TERRIBLE. her daughter is not a dancer. she doesn't even hold her arms properly.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
not so much a reality show as it is, unscripted, but story lined

I don't know ANY reality show that isn't story lined.

I was so happy Chloe won. Abby is just like my old softball coach. Even when we won we would get yelled at after the game about the errors that were made.

I HATED him at the time, but looking back I did play the best while he was coach.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
My biggest complaint about "reality" shows is that they have been misnamed from the beginning. They are really just unscripted shows. If they had been named unscripted from the beginning, rather than reality, there wouldn't be so much nitpicking from the viewers. I am guilty of nitpicking, but I do try to keep in mind that they aren't really reality the minute a camera is in the room.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Abby is so completely over the top! Telling little Makenzie she would chop her head off if she forgot her dance...But I am completely addicted to this craziness!!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I think the whole thing is fake and I don't believe a word about it. It is all scripted.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Abby is crazy.I am still not sure who actually shows these kids how to do the various moves; we know it is not Abby.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
^ i was wondering the same thing! how can you be a dance teacher if you can't even do the moves?

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I've watched this a few times and I've wondered that myself. Whenever I saw dance classes, there were teachers out there on the floor demonstrating what the students should do.

There is no way my kids would stay with that wicked woman. She's a disgrace.